Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Podcasts » Gundamn! @ MAHQ




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post Posted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:48 am 
Offline
Podcast Superstar*
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 21, 2007 2:09 pm
Posts: 504
Location: Orlando, FL
Gundamn! @ MAHQ Ep. 089 - "A New Age for Old Trolls"
- Download Now!: 64 kbps - 153 min., 40 sec. (2:33:40) - 70.4 MB

Segment Breakdown for this Episode:

01. PETCO (Commercial)
Runtime: 0:00:00 - 0:00:43

02. Intro: "Neo's News!"
Runtime: 0:00:43 - 0:19:29 (Duration: 0:18:46)

03. Be a Part of "Gundam: Rise From the Ashes"! (Special Manga Project by Eric Keith & Mike Fonteccio)
Runtime: 0:19:29 - 0:22:00 (Duration: 0:02:31)

04. Pretentious Internet Theatre (Podcast)
Runtime: 0:22:00 - 0:22:28 (Duration: 0:00:28)

05. 1st Segment: "Mobile Suit Gundam AGE - Generation One - Episodes 1 - 4 Review" (Discussion)
Runtime: 0:22:28 - 1:26:29 (Duration: 1:04:01)

06. Champs Sports (Commercial)
Runtime: 1:26:29 - 1:27:30 (Duration: 0:01:01)

07. Anime Addicts Anonymous (Podcast)
Runtime: 1:27:30 - 1:28:13 (Duration: 0:00:43)

08. 2nd Segment: "Cinema Spotlight - 'Space Battleship Yamato'" (Live Action Film, 2010)
Runtime: 1:28:13 - 1:55:30 (Duration: 0:27:17)

09. SSAA Podcast: The Ass-Backwards Anime Podcast (Podcast)
Runtime: 1:55:30 - 1:56:21 (Duration: 0:00:51)

10. Second Opinion Games (Podcast)
Runtime: 1:56:21 - 1:57:20 (Duration: 0:00:59)

11. Outro: "The Gundamn Mailbag!/Closing/Peep the Websites!"
Runtime: 1:57:20 - 2:33:40 (Duration: 0:36:20)

Our coverage of "Mobile Suit Gundam AGE" finally begins with coverage of Eps. 1 - 4. Then we delve into a long-overdue movie review of the live-action "Space Battleship Yamato"!

Peep these Links also!:
- Chaos Theater: Episode 016 - Heavy Rain (Mechatalk Thread)
- Chaos Theater: Episode 017 - Dark City & Gattaca (Mechatalk Thread)
- Laplace's Box: Episode 004 - Models of the Year (Mechatalk Thread)
- Shinjuku Fight Club: Episode 002 - Fighting Freaks! (FightersReady.net Thread)

Want to have your Gundamn-centric works featured in the next episode? Then, send in your creative entries for the next "Gundamnation Spotlight" to GundamnMAHQ@gmail.com!

Many thanks for listening & enjoy!
Soul Bro Ryu
SBRmahq@gmail.com

Music & Drops Featured in this Episode
- Coming soon!

Peep the Websites!:
MAHQ.net - Gundamn.net - Gundamn! @ MechaTalk Forum - Previous Episodes - Chaos Theater - Chaos Theater @ Mechatalk Forum - Laplace's Box - Level Nine - @MAHQDotNet - @GundamnAtMAHQ - Digg - MySpace - FaceBook Profile - FaceBook Group - Spill - Mevio - iTunes - Main RSS Feed - Shinjuku Station Fight Tube! - Shinjuku Station At The Movies - AAA Podcast Network

Sponsors & Special Offers:
PETCO - Champs Sports

Zune: zune://subscribe/?Gundamn=http://www.po ... heshow.xml


Feedback:
GundamnMAHQ@gmail.com

_________________
Soul Bro Ryu
http://www.Gundamn.net
http://About.me/SoulBroRyu
Xbox Live: Soul Bro Ryu
PSN: Soul_Bro_Ryu


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 4:16 am 
Offline
Lackey GM Pilot
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 05, 2010 1:58 pm
Posts: 63
Location: San Jose, CA
Great episode as always. Instantly the best part is Neo's impersonation of Dique. Genius... pure genius. I think you forgot to mention at the end of episode 1 of AGE when that Gafran teamkilled it's own when it got damaged by AGE-1. That move really got me wondering about them cause that's a pretty interesting move.

By the way just to make it clear, I didn't spend a penny on those Star Wars Blu-rays. Hell no was I gonna pay for something that pissed me off. I saw those changes on Youtube.

_________________
501st Legion - Northern California Golden Gate Garrison
TK-3942 aka TK-EXIA
So the Geara Zulu has an Stg-44 and the Jesta has a Scar-H w/ holographic scope.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:19 am 
Offline
Mecha Flunky

Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:48 pm
Posts: 5
Poor Dique, you guys slaughtered him, hilariously so. You might as well call him "he who won't get laid". You see Dique, here's the difference between you and Flit. Unlike you Flit actually has hair on his balls.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:28 am 
Offline
Okawara x Katoki Love Child
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:25 pm
Posts: 1013
Location: Axis
I haven't gotten the time to finish the episode yet, but so far Neo's impression of Dique is exactly what he would sound like in English. Poor kid. If only he grew more of a spine.

I finished the review of episode 3 and I'm surprised you guys didn't mention one of the UE going right up the bridge of the Diva and not firing. It was a very SEED esque moment, and I was expecting the AGE-1 to come in and save the day in similar fashion, but instead the UE points its gun and then flies off as if it doesn't want to the Diva.

_________________
The proof of our might will forever be etched in your minds.

-- Haman Karn


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:30 am 
Offline
Mecha Flunky
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 30, 2008 12:16 pm
Posts: 22
So Dique has been christened Sir Gawain? Nice.

Aren't the labor unions involved in making movies getting a good chunk of change from an American movie's budget? Those workers must be paid at least a certain amount. If not, no lighting crews, camera operators, electricians and etc. will work on the film (unless you get non-union folks, which is a big no-no for a big budget movie). Fees for shoot clearances as well as paying the city taxes cost a lot of money too. Its probably why some film projects are shot overseas since its cheaper to produce over there. Not sure how the Japanese made Yamato for about $24 million, but that budget needs to be inflated at least about 4 times if Yamato we're to be made in the US.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 1:31 pm 
Offline
Pilot's Doomed Girlfriend
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:36 pm
Posts: 364
Location: Los Angeles, CA
gundamtype0 wrote:
So Dique has been christened Sir Gawain? Nice.

Aren't the labor unions involved in making movies getting a good chunk of change from an American movie's budget? Those workers must be paid at least a certain amount. If not, no lighting crews, camera operators, electricians and etc. will work on the film (unless you get non-union folks, which is a big no-no for a big budget movie). Fees for shoot clearances as well as paying the city taxes cost a lot of money too. Its probably why some film projects are shot overseas since its cheaper to produce over there. Not sure how the Japanese made Yamato for about $24 million, but that budget needs to be inflated at least about 4 times if Yamato we're to be made in the US.


I agree: overpriced, inefficient, slow, union labor.

I think every level of filmmaking from studios, production teams , every little service, esp in LA, has their prices jacked up to something hideous, inflating every aspect of film production, esp when going thru a major studio. Another hidden cost is publicity, which, for a major motion picture can go into the $10-20M range itself with numerous TV spots, magazine ads, billboards. Some good low budget Indie films can cost more in publicity than it costs to make the film itself.

No wonder so much Hollywood stuff is being outsourced to vancouver where production costs are apparently much cheaper. Also many less popular american cities (detroit included) are advertising significant tax credits for film production to draw their business into their town.

I imagine how much Breakin Bad has saved in production money filming everything in New Mexico.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:03 pm 
Offline
HiMAT Spammer
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 16, 2007 3:15 pm
Posts: 824
Location: Raleigh, NC
You guys were wondering who the "this one's a real rock?" guy was, it was me! I said it during a question on the first call in show about, I believe it was, funniest deaths.

Anyhow, I'm enjoying Age right now, and I'm really looking forward to the next generations.

_________________
Anivision: Bringing the Worlds of Anime and Gaming Together!
Also visit Anivision's Facebook Group.
PSN: Amuro2X


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:56 pm 
Offline
AEUG Slapping Boy
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:49 pm
Posts: 114
Location: Gryps 2
I'm actually enjoying AGE quite a bit, I've been watching it as it comes out, and though the first couple episodes were formulaic, which most are, with each episode, it's pushing itself further and further away from the UC tropes and copying other shows, which I am quite pleased with. LOLed at how trimmed down the synopsis of each episode is. And yes, Dique... He truly is pathetic. Utterly, utterly pathetic, perhaps so much so that he's TOO pathetic to be Soul Bro's Man. I mean, at least Saji had enough balls to get in the 0-Raiser and help in the movie on the elevator. I'd see Dique doing the Kuzzey long before he even would THINK of doing such a thing.

_________________
From 00 S2 ep 25

Tieria: As long as you keep looking down on them, you'll never understand them!
Ribbons: *has Newtype-y flash of AGE, of Kio and his UNDERSTANDING replacing his show* I DON'T WANT TO UNDERSTAND!


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 12:06 am 
Offline
Mecha Flunky
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 30, 2008 12:16 pm
Posts: 22
kayone73 wrote:
gundamtype0 wrote:
So Dique has been christened Sir Gawain? Nice.

Aren't the labor unions involved in making movies getting a good chunk of change from an American movie's budget? Those workers must be paid at least a certain amount. If not, no lighting crews, camera operators, electricians and etc. will work on the film (unless you get non-union folks, which is a big no-no for a big budget movie). Fees for shoot clearances as well as paying the city taxes cost a lot of money too. Its probably why some film projects are shot overseas since its cheaper to produce over there. Not sure how the Japanese made Yamato for about $24 million, but that budget needs to be inflated at least about 4 times if Yamato we're to be made in the US.


I agree: overpriced, inefficient, slow, union labor.

I think every level of filmmaking from studios, production teams , every little service, esp in LA, has their prices jacked up to something hideous, inflating every aspect of film production, esp when going thru a major studio. Another hidden cost is publicity, which, for a major motion picture can go into the $10-20M range itself with numerous TV spots, magazine ads, billboards. Some good low budget Indie films can cost more in publicity than it costs to make the film itself.

No wonder so much Hollywood stuff is being outsourced to vancouver where production costs are apparently much cheaper. Also many less popular american cities (detroit included) are advertising significant tax credits for film production to draw their business into their town.

I imagine how much Breakin Bad has saved in production money filming everything in New Mexico.


Bryan Cranston mentioned in an interview way back that New Mexico actually reimburses a percentage (1/4 I think, don't quite remember) of the money used back to the studio for filming Breaking Bad in the state. California has definitely lost a ton of the filming business. Not sure how the Japanese kept the budget down for Yamato but they released a quality product so they might be doing something right.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:58 am 
Offline
OMG Doomsday Laser
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 20, 2009 7:06 am
Posts: 1376
Location: Sydney, Australia
Ok so can't say anything on Gundam Age.
As for Space Battleship Yamato Movie, I've kind of been interested in that one.

And mailbag answers.
I got the impression Chris and Soul Bro had seen Beast Wars when you kind of discussed it back in episode 49 in brief.

But anyway, Beast Wars is pretty good but as I have discussed in the Transformers thread Beast Machines ended up being pretty controversial.
If ANYONE in here is curious to read the thread here is the link.

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=14246


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:32 pm 
Offline
Cardboard Leo Ace

Joined: Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:59 am
Posts: 37
Overall agree with impressions on the first 4 episodes.

Best and worse parts of the podcast:

Geno Ace getting spawn camped.

Flit is a vengeful hot head?


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:56 pm 
Offline
Pilot's Doomed Girlfriend
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:36 pm
Posts: 364
Location: Los Angeles, CA
gundamtype0 wrote:

Bryan Cranston mentioned in an interview way back that New Mexico actually reimburses a percentage (1/4 I think, don't quite remember) of the money used back to the studio for filming Breaking Bad in the state. California has definitely lost a ton of the filming business. Not sure how the Japanese kept the budget down for Yamato but they released a quality product so they might be doing something right.


25% is a huge amt of money to reimburse. Wow.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 1:16 am 
Offline
AEUG Slapping Boy
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 16, 2011 11:19 pm
Posts: 141
Location: GGG HQ
Loved this one. I had the same thought about the Gaffran when it wasted the Genoace.

However, Dique was the best part of this episode.

-Raptor, out.

_________________
Arbiter GUNDAM wrote:
I'm going to have ten people run across a field, five of which I believe have superior qualities. I shall then toss a grenade in front of them to see who survives even though that course of action might kill all the people I wanted to save.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 9:55 pm 
Offline
Creepy Bishonen
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 28, 2008 1:20 pm
Posts: 241
Location: America
Hahahah, Dique has joined the cast of Gundamn! If they dub this show for whatever reason, I think the Gundamn crew needs to be called in for some voice acting work.

I haven't seen Yamato (like BSG and is only 2 hours long? When is it gonna be no instant watch!), but I've wanted to know about these new 70s cartoon revival movies like Yatterman. I'm pretty surprised Japan pulled off a movie that didn't look goofy or low budget!

edit: Oh, and regarding Neo's comment about all the characters actually looking different, that's one of Level-5's staples. I don't know how they do it, but their games have casts of hundreds, and no two characters look exactly the same.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:56 pm 
Offline
Okawara x Katoki Love Child
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:25 pm
Posts: 1013
Location: Axis
I was finally able to finish the episode. Sorry if I misunderstood but wasn't the contest details for the Argama going to be in this thread? Or did I mishear?

_________________
The proof of our might will forever be etched in your minds.

-- Haman Karn


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 6:23 pm 
Offline
Lackey GM Pilot
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 13, 2006 1:02 pm
Posts: 81
Good ep! I was laughing at work. xD

I hope to hear the next batch soon! :D


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:43 pm 
Offline
Ill-informed Newscaster
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2006 11:06 am
Posts: 811
Location: The Lord Larry King Memorial News Studio at the Gundamn News Tower, HB, CA
Red Comet90 wrote:
I was finally able to finish the episode. Sorry if I misunderstood but wasn't the contest details for the Argama going to be in this thread? Or did I mishear?


you didn't mishear, Soul Bro forgot.

_________________
The Equation of the Robot Apocalypse:

The Admiral + Flashlight = Dead Robo

B.A., M.A., PhD,
The Yoshiyuki Tomino School of Film.
"You draw'em, we kill'em!"

neomahq@gmail.com

PSN/XBOX Live: NeoLorroke


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 2:39 am 
Offline
OMG Doomsday Laser
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 20, 2009 7:06 am
Posts: 1376
Location: Sydney, Australia
That and he rarely graces mechatalk with his presence as we found out only a few episodes back or so :P
Drops in, posts an episode and leaves or occassionally drops a news article on Neo's News thread.


Top 
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
 
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ] 

Board index » Podcasts » Gundamn! @ MAHQ


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

 
 

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to: