Gundamn call-in show this week!

The home for everything about MAHQ's flagship podcast.
Soul Bro Ryu

Re: Gundamn call-in show this week!

Just to clarify to all our International listeners, the recording session on Skype will be on Sunday, October 23rd @ 2:00 PM EDT (UTC -4). Since every place in the world doesn't observes Daylight Savings time, the offset is a little different for this time of year, so be aware.

http://24timezones.com/ is a nifty resource in order to synchronize your watches. I'll be logged into Skype as "Shinjuku-Station" around 1 PM EDT in order to prepare for the show. If you see me online, send me an IM and I'll be glad to add you to the queue of folks waiting to participate.

It's going to be a blast gang! I'm looking forward to tomorrow ^_^
Soul Bro Ryu
http://www.Gundamn.net
http://About.me/SoulBroRyu
Xbox Live: Soul Bro Ryu
PSN: Soul_Bro_Ryu
Dollow

Is that Shinjuku Station, with a "=" or not?
Agent Zero of Team Neo
Everywhere I have searched for peace and nowhere have I found it, except in a corner with a book
Dollow's Blog
Dollow's Twitter
Raptor

Unfortunately, I'll be working, but I can't wait to listen to it later! Good to see another Call in session after all this time!

-Raptor, out.
Arbiter GUNDAM wrote:I'm going to have ten people run across a field, five of which I believe have superior qualities. I shall then toss a grenade in front of them to see who survives even though that course of action might kill all the people I wanted to save.
Mu La Flaga

Hey Chris just an idea/thing to ask.
For those of us who may not be able to make it, but still want to submit a question.
Would it be possible to do something via a voicemail thingy instead?

If not it's fine, just thought it might be an idea.
Saber

How exactly is this planned to be?

Like the call-in segments on the ANNCast, i.e. caller and hosts chat about a topic proposed by the caller for a few minutes, or is this strictly just an "ask a question" kind of show like on your panels from MegaCon etc?

And I suppose you guys are not gonna hook it up on Livestream or whatever so people can hear what you're talking about as the recording is being done to avoid double-questions, right?
mobiusdiablo

Pity...I have skype but no headset. Oh well. Well then again, considering I have a cold, it may be a better idea for me not to participate :)
From 00 S2 ep 25

Tieria: As long as you keep looking down on them, you'll never understand them!
Ribbons: *has Newtype-y flash of AGE, of Kio and his UNDERSTANDING replacing his show* I DON'T WANT TO UNDERSTAND!
Dollow

mobiusdiablo wrote:Pity...I have skype but no headset. Oh well. Well then again, considering I have a cold, it may be a better idea for me not to participate :)
Yeah, I don't want to get the "Skype Virus". lol.
Agent Zero of Team Neo
Everywhere I have searched for peace and nowhere have I found it, except in a corner with a book
Dollow's Blog
Dollow's Twitter
Soul Bro Ryu

Dollow wrote:Is that Shinjuku Station, with a "=" or not?
Nope, that was me accidentally putting in a "=" instead of a dash. Sorry about that. It is indeed "Shinjuku-Station". ^_^
Soul Bro Ryu
Soul Bro Ryu

Saber wrote:And I suppose you guys are not gonna hook it up on Livestream or whatever so people can hear what you're talking about as the recording is being done to avoid double-questions, right?
I wish. I need to adjust my setup. Since I'm using Windows 7, I can broadcast the sound of my voice but not broadcast anything from Skype - yet. I lack a set of connections I need to get the sound to crossover, and I'll work towards to creating the setup I need to start livestreaming the next time we do a call-in show.

Great idea, though, and one I wish I was able to take advantage of this time around.
Soul Bro Ryu
Burke Rukes

Hello to Soul Bro and Neo and Chris, and congratulations on the 4th anniversary of the show! I hope your show goes well today. I'd love to call in but I don't have a headset or Skype yet, hopefully I will soon. But I have been enjoying the show archives as I play catch-up, since I came back on the scene and joined Mecha Talk recently. I'm listening to the latest episode right now (ooh, Bubblegum Crisis!), it's fun stuff. Good luck and keep up the good work! :)
Believe in the sign of Zeta!

- Burke

Top current headline from The Weekly Earth Sphere Post:
COLONIES RISK GRAVITY LOSS DISASTER FROM LABOR STRIKE!
Grav-Making Hamsters Demand Well-Lubricated Wheels, Shorter Hours, Yummier Food
Arbiter GUNDAM

That was more fun than the latest episode of Gundam AGE!!!!!
I can fly if I ride the wind! Gori gori!

--Freyja Wion
Dollow

I hope you guys did your best to ask some really cool questions, because it might end up in the end of the year clipshow ep. It was fun to be on the call-in show this time.
Agent Zero of Team Neo
Dollow's Blog
Dollow's Twitter
Rob DS Zeta

I totally forgot. Yay me.
*insert witty eyecatch here*
NastyNate

After 4 years of listening to you guys it was so cool to actually be able to interact and talk back. I was quit nervous and a little star struck but I think things went well. Except sounding like a total pedo bear with elle. Gosh that was embarrassing I forgot she was that young.
"I am the way the truth and the life, no man comes to the Father but by me"-Jesus Christ

PSN, Xbox Live, Twitter: Nates4Christ
Dollow

NastyNate wrote:After 4 years of listening to you guys it was so cool to actually be able to interact and talk back. I was quit nervous and a little star struck but I think things went well. Except sounding like a total pedo bear with elle. Gosh that was embarrassing I forgot she was that young.
I guess that makes you Pedobear Central. LOL just kidding.
Agent Zero of Team Neo
Dollow's Blog
Dollow's Twitter
Destiny_Gundam

If you find a guy name Hansen waiting in your living room run away as fast as you can.
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
FordR

Soul Bro Ryu wrote:
Saber wrote:And I suppose you guys are not gonna hook it up on Livestream or whatever so people can hear what you're talking about as the recording is being done to avoid double-questions, right?
I wish. I need to adjust my setup. Since I'm using Windows 7, I can broadcast the sound of my voice but not broadcast anything from Skype - yet. I lack a set of connections I need to get the sound to crossover, and I'll work towards to creating the setup I need to start livestreaming the next time we do a call-in show.

Great idea, though, and one I wish I was able to take advantage of this time around.
There's a streaming program that you can set to broadcast directly to justin.tv and set it to include skype audio built into it, it's called XSplit.

http://www.xsplit.com/
AKA- TheTrueYup
Berserker 8

That was badass :) listen to a new episode of the podcast and then participate in the call in show :) can't wait to see how you guys put this together
Amuro, Char, Spike, and Lelouch just have to be alive, they are alive right? , right... ?
NastyNate

Berserker 8 wrote:That was badass :) listen to a new episode of the podcast and then participate in the call in show :) can't wait to see how you guys put this together
Wow join just for the live call in episode nice. Welcome. :D

Also. How about that epic chat in the waiting room of the live call in. 31 people. :shock: There where post in the chat like every second. Kind of mass chaos but real fun during the wait.
"I am the way the truth and the life, no man comes to the Father but by me"-Jesus Christ

PSN, Xbox Live, Twitter: Nates4Christ
eanetdude

Thanks for having this show last so long on Sunday, you guys went around 3 hours! I was lucky to be in the second to last group of callers as "Robin". Again, I've been listening to the show since Winter 2008 and have loved it ever since. It was an honor speaking with you three. Hope to do it again in the near future. Of course, I came up with 2 better questions than the one I asked. haha.

Excited to hear everyone's questions being answered, as well as the dozens of "love your show"s and "thank you"s.

And again... 4 more years! 4 more years!!!