Ep. 084 - Neo's Counterattack!

The home for everything about MAHQ's flagship podcast.
Soul Bro Ryu

Ep. 084 - Neo's Counterattack!

Gundamn! @ MAHQ Ep. 084 - "Neo's Counterattack!"
- Download Now!: 64 kbps - 135 min., 57 sec. (2:15:57) - 62.2 MB

Segment Breakdown for this Episode:

01. PETCO (Commercial)
Runtime: 0:00:00 - 0:00:43

02. Intro: "The Triumphant Return of Neo's News!"
Runtime: 0:00:43 - 0:23:20 (Duration: 0:22:37)

03. Champs Sports (Commercial)
Runtime: 0:23:20 - 0:24:26 (Duration: 0:01:06)

04. SSAA Podcast: The Ass-Backwards Anime Podcast (Podcast)
Runtime: 0:24:26 - 0:25:16 (Duration: 0:00:50)

05. Extended Segment: "Attack of the Gundamn Mailbag!" (Roundtable Discussion)
Runtime: 0:25:16 - 2:05:41 (Duration: 1:40:25)

06. Method to Madness (Podcast)
Runtime: 2:05:41 - 2:06:27 (Duration: 0:00:46)

07. Anime Addicts Anonymous (Podcast)
Runtime: 2:06:27 - 2:07:06 (Duration: 0:00:39)

08. Outro: "Closing/Peep the Websites!"
Runtime: 2:07:06 - 2:15:57 (Duration: 0:08:51)

Neo returns in grandiose form, just in time to tackle an overstuffed mailbag! See if your questions are answered in our extended mailbag segment!

Peep the Links we mentioned at the end of Episode:
- Chaos Theater: Episode 011 - Doctor Who
- Anime Addicts Anonymous: Episode 93 - "Gundamn it! They Did it Again!" (featuring Chris!)
- I Thought They Smelled Bad on the Outside: Episode 24: The Defender of Destiny (featuring Neo!)
- Laplace's Box: Episode 002 - Comic Con & Wonder Festival
- GundamFan89: Gundamn! Podcast 'Fanboy' Promo

Hungry for more Gundamn! Check out Dollow Rlance's coverage of "Anime Expo" in Special 014! Mad props to him for putting that together and attending the convention!

(Also, I'll be updating the Music & Drops starting with this episode! Prepare thyself, Bushido!)

Want to have your Gundamn-centric works featured in the next episode? Then, send in your creative entries for the next "Gundamnation Spotlight" to [email protected]!

Many thanks for listening & enjoy!
Soul Bro Ryu
[email protected]

Music & Drops Featured in this Episode
- Coming soon!

Peep the Websites!:
MAHQ.net - Gundamn.net - Gundamn! @ MechaTalk Forum - Chaos Theater - Chaos Theater @ Mechatalk Forum - Laplace's Box - Level Nine - @MAHQDotNet - @GundamnAtMAHQ - Digg - MySpace - FaceBook Profile - FaceBook Group - Spill - Mevio - iTunes - Main RSS Feed - Shinjuku Station Fight Tube! - Shinjuku Station At The Movies - AAA Podcast Network

Podcasts & Links We're Fond Of:
Unpopular Kulture - Solar Radio Wave - Pretentious Internet Theatre - Row Row Fight Da Powah! - The Reverse Thieves: A Blog Duet with Hisui & Narutaki - SSAA Podcast: The Ass-Backwards Anime Podcast - Anime Addicts Anonymous - Jabman025's YouTube Channel - Mobile Suit Gundam Abridged by Gutted Wren Studios

Sponsors & Special Offers:
PETCO - Champs Sports

Zune: zune://subscribe/?Gundamn=http://www.podshow.com/feeds/gundamntheshow.xml

[email protected]
Soul Bro Ryu
http://www.Gundamn.net
http://About.me/SoulBroRyu
Xbox Live: Soul Bro Ryu
PSN: Soul_Bro_Ryu
kayone73

Re: Ep. 084 - Neo's Counterattack!

Just downloaded and listening and I guess let me be the first to say: Neo, welcome to southern california-land. Celebrate with an In n Out burger, there's actually a gunpla hobby shop near you in Fullerton called robot4less. check it out on your free time
Strike Zero

Oh, damn. Not thirty seconds into the 1st segment, and Jabman already got horribly burned.

That's gotta be, like, a record or something.
Thundermuffin wrote:SETSUNA: There is no Tomino in this world.
Hyakushiki

So Ryu, you think of playing King, Kyo, Kim in KoF 13 huh?
Didn't know you were secretly racist lol!
Don't send a coordinator to do a newtype's job!
NightFall

Welcome back and congrats on the new job Neo.
jabman025

holy crap I beat him so bad he was scared clear across the continent!

seriously though Neo congrats on being one of the few americans who can truthfully say "I got a new job!"
Xbox Live, Playstation Network, and Twitter : Jabman025
and check out my gunpla reviews on youtube http://www.youtube.com/user/jabman025
phillosmaster

I spent several year working in the El Segundo area (though I don't live there anymore). I use to go to Meltdown comics on sunset blvd all the time, but that is too far of a drive from Huntington Beach. I did go to Brookhurst Hobbies (http://www.brookhursthobbies.com, 12188 Brookhurst Street
Garden Grove) all the time. Garden Grove isn't that far from you. They had a pretty big selection of gunpla as well as tons of other hobby stuff and they ran deals all the time.

I loved In and Out, but personally I miss The Counter more (http://www.thecounterburger.com/). Giant burgers made to order. Fun times. Also I miss having a Hawaiian BBQ on every corner. I loved Hawaiian BBQ and they don't have anything like that in the northeast.
Even as we speak, the stealth bombers of the Brotherhood of Dada are swooping silently overhead. They’re using stealth bombs which level whole cities without even the slightest trace of noise or damage. Nothing remains of the world you knew and still you stand in the ruins, acting as if nothing has changed.
NastyNate

Will Neo still be coming to Megacon?
"I am the way the truth and the life, no man comes to the Father but by me"-Jesus Christ

PSN, Xbox Live, Twitter: Nates4Christ
hawk of endymion
Location: The Lord Larry King Memorial News Studio at the Gundamn News Tower, HB, CA

kayone73 wrote:Just downloaded and listening and I guess let me be the first to say: Neo, welcome to southern california-land. Celebrate with an In n Out burger, there's actually a gunpla hobby shop near you in Fullerton called robot4less. check it out on your free time
I've already been to that store, there's some cool record stores there too.
jabman025 wrote:holy crap I beat him so bad he was scared clear across the continent!
You're just embarrassing yourself now.
The Equation of the Robot Apocalypse:

The Admiral + Flashlight = Dead Robo

B.A., M.A., PhD,
The Yoshiyuki Tomino School of Film.
"You draw'em, we kill'em!"

[email protected]

PSN/XBOX Live: NeoLorroke
Mr Bushido

I think I'll have my name changed to "Mr. Bushido" I would rather not have senior added. By the way my avatar is Clone Trooper Commander Faie since I know you started to comment on that.

> Listening to the episode right now.
501st Legion - Northern California Golden Gate Garrison
TK-3942 aka TK-EXIA
So the Geara Zulu has an Stg-44 and the Jesta has a Scar-H w/ holographic scope.
jabman025

hawk of endymion wrote: You're just embarrassing yourself now.

I'm sorry did you say something I was enjoyed my lifelong bragging rights of beating you in a debate.
Xbox Live, Playstation Network, and Twitter : Jabman025
and check out my gunpla reviews on youtube http://www.youtube.com/user/jabman025
Mu La Flaga

Listened to the episode.
Wow so that explains Neo's absence and here I thought he wasn't around to avoid my hate question from episode 83's mailbag.

Didn't expect a mailbag catch up episode, but it seemed around that time again.
And hey I try to keep mailbags somewhat full, even though as Chris noted, Chaos Theater has less people for the mailbag there.

Hope you settled in to your new place fine though Neo.

As for mailbag answers, I really expected Chris and Neo to join the evil/dark side/faction.
At least Soul Bro has the sense to hang out in Londo Bell for Bright Noah.
On the other hand, why do I think Neo would try to find Char/Quattro or Full Frontal?

Make himself known as the blonde ace.

As for me, well I'm like Chris but in reverse, I've sort of narrowed to mecha anime more, because I don't have a super huge ammount of shelf space.
And I haven't gone through everything with mecha anime series yet, so still got something there for a while yet.
hawk of endymion
Location: The Lord Larry King Memorial News Studio at the Gundamn News Tower, HB, CA

jabman025 wrote:
hawk of endymion wrote: You're just embarrassing yourself now.

I'm sorry did you say something I was enjoyed my lifelong bragging rights of beating you in a debate.
It's official, you are in the late stages of Fantasyland disease. No cure possible, you possibly only have weeks left.

B.A., M.A., PhD,

[email protected]

hotlimit

Great episode, and dang, congrats to Neo on landing the sweet job!

@Chris: Everything I know about journalism came from Macross II. Do you mean to tell me that the alcoholism isn't nearly as bad? Nobody is over-opinionated on the meaning of culture?
kayone73

Huntington Beach/Costa Mesa area isn't too shabby for good beach side Happy Hr either after work. Capitalize on the wealth of insanely good asian food in LA/orange county.
Mr Bushido

Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't the Favorite Sempai discussion suppose to be in this episode? I heard Neo talk about it in the opening segment but it never came up again for the rest of the episode.
501st Legion - Northern California Golden Gate Garrison
TK-3942 aka TK-EXIA
So the Geara Zulu has an Stg-44 and the Jesta has a Scar-H w/ holographic scope.
Chris
Administrator

Didn't you hear at the end where we mentioned that the segment was being postponed due to the mailbag running so long?
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his
Seraphic
Location: Inside the barrel of Wing Zero's left Buster Rifle.

Congrats on making it through Texas, Neo. I hear that the majority of the population here is people who gave up and settled in. =3 And congrats on your new job!

And yeah, like most of you I watched Sailor Moon when I was younger, and thinking back on it, it wasn't a bad show at all outside of the monster of the week stuff. My little sisters were a little disappointed when I explained how they would never release the last season over here.

This is cheating, but my favorite magical girl show is Jubei-chan where the main character has a magical girl transformation sequence that turns her into the famous samurai Yagyu Jubei. It's awesome, and one of the funniest shows I have seen. I own the 2nd season also, but it's good for different reasons.

I guess I'll go make up some questions for the Chaos Theater mailbag now....
"Red particles are bad, they mutate you into... dead? But green/blue particles are good, apparently, for reasons and for purposes yet to be determined. Isn't science sometimes nicely color-coded?"
-Antares

GW: The Sword . Sera's Art . Gameplay . The Lost Citadel
TimberNewtype

Hey, Neo, at least now you'll be able to watch the Bucs games, since they aren't blacked out in Cali!
Newtype Dad

My YouTube channel
Listen to Shelf Life
Follow me on twitter @TimberNewtype
hawk of endymion

TimberNewtype wrote:Hey, Neo, at least now you'll be able to watch the Bucs games, since they aren't blacked out in Cali!

LOL, ain't that the truth. Wonder how they'll with that tougher schedule this year. Not gonna sneak up on anyone this year. Josh Freeman is the real deal, gonna be exciting. Gonna go to a Chargers game this season, because I'm a huge Phillip Rivers fan. He's no Tom Brady but who is.
Seraphic wrote:Congrats on making it through Texas, Neo. I hear that the majority of the population here is people who gave up and settled in. =3 And congrats on your new job!.
Thanks, no way was I settling there.

B.A., M.A., PhD,

[email protected]