Special 014 - Anime Expo 2011

The home for everything about MAHQ's flagship podcast.
Soul Bro Ryu

Special 014 - Anime Expo 2011

Gundamn! @ MAHQ Special 014 - "Anime Expo 2011"
- Download Now!: 64 kbps - 185 min., 6 sec. (3:05:06) - 84.7 MB

Special Guest Host: Dollow Rlance

Segment Breakdown for this Episode:

01. PETCO (Commercial)
Runtime: 0:00:00 - 0:00:43

02. Intro: "A Foreword by Dollow Rlance about Anime Expo 2011"
Runtime: 0:00:43 - 0:10:16 (Duration: 0:09:33)

03. 1st Segment: "In the Mix! - Interviews on the Floor with Convention Attendees"
Runtime: 0:10:16 - 1:10:44 (Duration: 1:00:28)

04. 2nd Segment: "'Last Exile: Fam, the Silver Wing' Panel - Post Premiere Episode Discussion with Production Staff"
Runtime: 1:10:44 - 1:45:37 (Duration: 0:34:53)

05. 3rd Segment: "'Last Exile: Fam, the Silver Wing' Panel - Debrief with a Panel Attendee"
Runtime: 1:45:37 - 1:50:40 (Duration: 0:05:03)

06. 4th Segment: "Back in the Mix! - Interviews with the Attendees waiting in line for the Gundam 00 Movie"
Runtime: 1:50:40 - 2:09:22 (Duration: 0:18:42)

06. 5th Segment: "'Mobile Suit Gundam 00: A wakening of the Trailblazer' Panel - Post Premiere of English Dub Version Discussion with Production Staff"
Runtime: 2:09:22 - 3:05:06 (Duration: 0:55:44)

Follow Gundamn's correspondent Dollow Rlance on location at Anime Expo 2011, as he covers the event, attends the panels for the Gundam 00 Movie and the premiere of the new Last Exile series and interviews attendees!

Many thanks go out to Dollow for devoting his time to interviewing all the folks that participated in this episode and for covering the event outright. Also, thanks to all the interviewees for taking part in this special episode! AX 2011 sounded like a blast and thanks to all of you we get to hear it! ^_^

Want to have your Gundamn-centric works featured in the next episode? Then, send in your creative entries for the next "Gundamnation Spotlight" to [email protected]!

Many thanks for listening & enjoy!
Soul Bro Ryu
[email protected]

Peep the Websites!:
MAHQ.net - Gundamn.net - Gundamn! @ MechaTalk Forum - Chaos Theater - Chaos Theater @ Mechatalk Forum - Laplace's Box - Level Nine - @MAHQDotNet - @GundamnAtMAHQ - Digg - MySpace - FaceBook Profile - FaceBook Group - Spill - Mevio - iTunes - Main RSS Feed - Shinjuku Station Fight Tube! - Shinjuku Station At The Movies - AAA Podcast Network

Podcasts & Links We're Fond Of:
Unpopular Kulture - Solar Radio Wave - Pretentious Internet Theatre - Row Row Fight Da Powah! - The Reverse Thieves: A Blog Duet with Hisui & Narutaki - SSAA Podcast: The Ass-Backwards Anime Podcast - Anime Addicts Anonymous - Jabman025's YouTube Channel - Mobile Suit Gundam Abridged by Gutted Wren Studios

Sponsors & Special Offers:
PETCO - Champs Sports

Zune: zune://subscribe/?Gundamn=http://www.podshow.com/feeds/gundamntheshow.xml

[email protected]
Soul Bro Ryu
http://www.Gundamn.net
http://About.me/SoulBroRyu
Xbox Live: Soul Bro Ryu
PSN: Soul_Bro_Ryu
hotlimit

Re: Special 014 - Anime Expo 2011

Oh man, good ep. Dollow! It was great to hear con-goers talking about their experiences, though I guess I was hoping for more Gundam cosplayers (is it that big a step to go from Hetalia to Zeon or whatever? ). Lesson learned: Never go to an anime convention without cosplaying! It was great to hear that people were really into it (I've only heard about the bad cons), though I guess it got pretty crowded later on, huh?

edit: Also, the whole Miku thing creeps me out as well!
Vent Noir

I'm thinking of trying to get to AX from Australia next year (my friend did it this year). In fact, San Diego Comicon is two weeks afterward, right? Maybe I'll see if I can swing both.
Vent Noir

@AJDynon on Twitter

April 7, 1979: The first episode of Mobile Suit Gundam premieres. Fanboys declare Gundam "Ruined FOREVER".
Flame-X

I really appreciate you taking the time to do this. Thanks Dollow, it was a great listen! It got me hyped for AX, hopefully I can attend for the first time next year.
Vent Noir

By the way, I got to see a preview screening of Last Exile: Fam the Silver Wing down here at Manifest today, and it looks like something I'll really like. In fact, the Autumn 2011 anime season is looking like it's going to have more shows I'm interested in than there have been for quite a while.

(As an aside, I really need to get around to watching those DVDs of the original Last Exile that I've had lying around for ages.
Vent Noir

@AJDynon on Twitter

April 7, 1979: The first episode of Mobile Suit Gundam premieres. Fanboys declare Gundam "Ruined FOREVER".
Red Comet90

I just got around to listening to this episode since I've been catching up on Gundam lately. I really appreciate what you did Dollow! I've only listened up to the end of the Last Exile panel and I really appreciate it since I live on the east coast and could never attend Anime Expo even if I really wanted to.

I don't know if you say this later, but did you see any good yugioh cosplayers afterwards? I also happen to be a yugioh fan as well.
The proof of our might will forever be etched in your minds.

-- Haman Karn