Ep. 077 - Pedobear North Strikes Back!

The home for everything about MAHQ's flagship podcast.
Soul Bro Ryu

Ep. 077 - Pedobear North Strikes Back!

Gundamn! @ MAHQ Ep. 077 - "Pedobear North Strikes Back!"
- Download Now!: 64 kbps - 164 min., 18 sec. (2:44:18) - 75.2 MB

Special Guest Host: Destiny_Gundam (Extended Segment)

Segment Breakdown for this Episode:

01. PETCO (Commercial)
Runtime: 0:00:00 - 0:00:43

02. Intro: "Neo's News & the Gundamn Mailbag!"
Runtime: 0:00:43 - 1:23:38 (Duration: 1:22:55)

03. Champs Sports (Commercial)
Runtime: 1:23:38 - 1:24:43 (Duration: 0:01:05)

04. SSAA Podcast: The Ass-Backwards Anime Podcast (Podcast)
Runtime: 1:24:43 - 1:25:34 (Duration: 0:00:51)

05. Extended Segment: Roundtable Discussion: "Super Robot Wars Original Generation - 'The Inspector'" (Anime TV Series)
Runtime: 1:25:34 - 2:31:26 (Duration: 1:05:52)

06. Anime Addicts Anonymous (Podcast)
Runtime: 2:31:26 - 2:32:59 (Duration: 0:01:33)

10. "Hell Hath No Fury" by Garma Strikes!
Runtime: 2:32:59 - 2:33:53 (Duration: 0:00:54)

11. Outro: "Closing/Peep the Websites!"
Runtime: 2:33:53 - 2:44:18 (Duration: 0:10:25)

81 episodes after reviewing the initial series, we are rejoined by "Destiny Gundam" to discuss the sequel to the Super Robot Wars TV anime series, "The Inspector"! Many thanks to our Canadian correspondent, Peter, for co-hosting the SRW segment. It's been too long since we rapped with him last on the podcast ^_^

Want to have your Gundamn-centric works featured in the next episode? Then, send in your creative entries for the next "Gundamnation Spotlight" to [email protected]!

Recently, Chris made appearances on several podcasts - one being the long-awaited preview of MAHQ's newest podcast, Laplace's Box & the other was a Mecha-related episode of Tomopop's own podcast, Tomocast!

- Laplace's Box - Episode 000: Introduction - @LaplaceShow
- Tomocast - Ep. 23: Mecha and Robots - @Tomopop

Also, the Chaos Theater is live with no jive, gang! Join Pedro "Pedobear South" Cortes (of Tomopop.com & Tomocast) and MAHQ & Gundamn's own Chris Guanche in their new podcast - one that focuses on many other facets of Otakudom! Video Games, Comics/Manga, Merchandise, Books, Movies, TV & every other genre of Anime (sans Mecha) will be conversed about over a couple of cold ones by Chris & Pedro and they invite you to join 'em! (NSFW for younger ears!)

Peep the links below for the latest episode & more info:

- Chaos Theater (Main Website)
- Ep. 004 - "Star Trek - The Animated Series" - MP3 (Right-click & Save!)
- Chaos Theater MechaTalk.net Official Forum:
http://www.mechatalk.net/viewforum.php?f=32
- Chaos Theater, Ep. 004 - "Star Trek - The Animated Series" - Feedback Thread
http://www.mechatalk.net/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=14000
- Feedback Email: [email protected]
- Twitter: @CTCast

Finally, Shinjuku Station has just started a podcast, reviewing the latest movies in the theaters, films we missed that are now on home video, and classic movies that have left their mark. The assortment of reviewers will vary from review to review, with participants from "Gundamn! @ MAHQ", "Level Nine", "Flip the Script!" and other podcasts!

Shinjuku Station At the Movies
Review 001: Battle: Los Angeles
- Download Now!: 128 kbps - 55 min., 25 sec. (0:55:25) - 50.7 MB - NSFW!
Review 002: Sucker Punch
- Download Now!: 128 kbps - 62 min., 45 sec. (1:02:45) - 57.4 MB - NSFW!

Many thanks for listening & enjoy!
Soul Bro Ryu
[email protected]

Music & Drops Featured in this Episode

- Cold Open Drop
* "Red & Kitty adopt Hyde" from "That 70's Show" (TV Sitcom)

- Intro Segment, Opening Song
"Realize" by Nami Tamaki
* Fourth OP from "Mobile Suit Gundam SEED"

- Intro Segment, Closing BGM
"O2" by Orange Range
* First OP from "Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion R2"

- Champs Sports Commercial BGM
"Another Lover" (Instrumental) by RJD2 (produced for J Walk)
* from "In Rare Form (Unreleased Instrumentals) Volume 2"

- 1st Segment, Opening BGM
"MAXON" by JAM Project
* First OP from "Super Robot Taisen Original Generation: The Inspector"

- 1st Segment, Closing BGM
"Bokura no Jiyuu" by Aki Misato
* First ED from "Super Robot Taisen Original Generation: The Inspector"

- Outro BGM, Track 1
"GearAir" by @Negrosaki (YouTube Channel)
* from the "((NegroSaki Takes Over Anime))" Mixtape

- Outro BGM, Track 2
"Get Them Cards, Sakura" by @Negrosaki (YouTube Channel)

- Outro BGM, Track 3
"BoyGolden" by @Negrosaki (YouTube Channel)

- Outro BGM, Track 4
"Cowbop Beboy" by @Negrosaki (YouTube Channel)

- Outro Drop
* "Captain Ramius' Great Escape!" from "Mobile Suit Gundam SEED" (Anime TV Series)

- Shinjuku Station & MAHQ Signoff
"Oxford You Really Owe Me" by Soul Position
* from the "Unlimited EP"

- Stinger BGM
"Ghostwriter" by RJD2
* from the album "Deadringer"

- Stinger Drop
* "Ep. 152 - Compromised to a Permanant End" from "The Bugle Podcast" (Main RSS Feed)

(Props to Bushido for reminding me to update these.)

Peep the Websites!:
MAHQ.net - Gundamn.net - Gundamn! @ MechaTalk Forum - Chaos Theater - Chaos Theater @ Mechatalk Forum - Level Nine - @MAHQDotNet - @GundamnAtMAHQ - Digg - MySpace - FaceBook Profile - FaceBook Group - Spill - Mevio - iTunes - Main RSS Feed - Shinjuku Station Fight Tube! - Shinjuku Station At The Movies - AAA Podcast Network

Podcasts & Links We're Fond Of:
Unpopular Kulture - Solar Radio Wave - Pretentious Internet Theatre - Row Row Fight Da Powah! - The Reverse Thieves: A Blog Duet with Hisui & Narutaki - SSAA Podcast: The Ass-Backwards Anime Podcast - Anime Addicts Anonymous - Jabman025's YouTube Channel - Mobile Suit Gundam Abridged by Gutted Wren Studios

Sponsors & Special Offers:
PETCO - Champs Sports

Zune: zune://subscribe/?Gundamn=http://www.podshow.com/feeds/gundamntheshow.xml

[email protected]
Soul Bro Ryu
http://www.Gundamn.net
http://About.me/SoulBroRyu
Xbox Live: Soul Bro Ryu
PSN: Soul_Bro_Ryu
Mr Bushido

Re: Ep. 077 - Pedobear North Strikes Back!

Wow the news and the mail bag segments are getting longer.

Downloading episode now. Been waiting for a discussion on The Inspector for some time now. That show is so awesome!
501st Legion - Northern California Golden Gate Garrison
TK-3942 aka TK-EXIA
So the Geara Zulu has an Stg-44 and the Jesta has a Scar-H w/ holographic scope.
Mu La Flaga

Ok so a comment on one of the mailbag questions.

My reply on Gundam gaming stuff.
SRPG stuff: SRW, Generations of CE, SD Gundam World(a little bit)

Others include stuff like the VS series as Chris mentioned.
Also HELL yeah for someone else thinking of Virutal On: Cyber Troopers for once.
The original is still awesome.

Neo also we pick up our humor from the Britts, obviously the Irish do to an extent also.

There isn't too much else I can think of at least on that part.

As for my mailbag questions on number 1 as I said Neo it was just a weird observation of sorts.
I mean ZZ is the oddball entry of UC it's not as strong as the others, sure it picks up.
Also damn weird typo, Zera will be the name of the next Gundam series! :P

Neo how was the scale of comparisson not fair though?
Both shows run for pretty much 49-50 episodes both, so it was a just something I noticed.

As for MS choices Neo had an interesting idea.
Soul Bro didn't have many choices, but I did say as a squad, perhaps you guys could do Zeta era?
Neo in Hyaku Shiki, Chris in Zeta Gundam and Soul Bro in the Gundam Mark 2(Emma's machine)

Also 53:30 Natzi Gundam, I think Neo coinned a new nickname for Iglooo.

For the bit on only a Gundam can fight a Gundam for the CE rule, that is sort of disputable over CE, just to say on that though.
But anyway it was a bit too much at some points, the problem for me is Wing was they were built out of Gundanium Alloy, SEED Gundams can be damaged by beam weapons and beam rifles and some are limited by the battery time limits.

I will add more on an edit later as I'm heading out for a bit, so no listening to it all in one go.
And comment on the SRW stuff then.

As for SRW the Inspector stuff.
I agree on Vigagi's death was one of my absolute favs in the whole thing along with Agulla Setteme.

Also Chris calling the Neo DC losers to an extent kind of suits things.
But some of the cast of heroes comes from the Neo DC and all.

So it's hard to really cut down things.
The ending was definely rushed you can see that.

On the Huckebien thing.
That whole thing is one of those things we may never know.
I thought one of the big rumors was it was something to do with Sunrise.

The Sanger vs Wodan stuff didn't get me as big problem for their final showdown, some people it was though.

I ignored the complaints on that, because I knew what to expect when they reached the Earth Craddle stuff.

I didn't have a problem with Wendolo and the Einst thing, I thought it was a new and interesting twist.
Didn't bug me really.

As for changes compared to the games.
The R-Oirignals being absent I noticed but didn't bug me.

Sleigh still went off on her own even if she didn't defect.

Lee's role was annoying because to me, I didn't mind the changes in his attitude but he dropped off the map for most of things in the series.

Also for DG you know how I feel on the school stuff, Seolla's hatred is partly justified but I still disliked Ouka more then Seolla overall.

Aguilla is bottom of the barrel though.

I'm surprised none of you touched.

Alfimi
Lune/Ryune

And a few others.
Oh well, damn this episode was loaded with stuff.
Thanks for answering my questions also.

Edit: Final note, Gatekeeper outdid me 2 to 3 times over this episode. :P
Last edited by Mu La Flaga on Wed May 18, 2011 12:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
gundamtype0

Another great podcast guys. Keep up the good work.

If I remember correctly, another difference between the games and the anime is that in the GBA game, Excellen was not able to keep the Rein Weisritter because of the Einst influence disappearing but in the PS2 game and the anime, Excellen was able to keep the upgrade.

There was speculation even back then about the Huckebeins being ommitted when the PS2 remake was announced.

It's hilarious that Soul Bro compared Shuichi Ikeda to Chairman Kaga from Iron Chef. While everybody else is dubbed, Ikeda is the only one that can be subtitled.
Nick Izumi

Another good episode guys! I suppose I should check out the new SRW. It sounds fun enough.

Not gonna lie, it was fun hearing my screen name read during ht news, but to Neo's credit, I am rather mysterious. :D
I AM A MAN!!! *PUNCH*
I review stuff with MS Paint. www.youtube.com/nickizumi
kayone73

Great program as always, and excited to hear my first question read on the podcast. Woo!

Paul83 beat me to the punch with his mailbag question about comparing you guys to the Top Gear presenters. I was actually going to ask this and draw up my own comparos, as a die hard Top Gear fan, I thought this thru a little:

Chris - Jeremy Clarkson Both of you are strongly opinioniated to the point where said opinions maybe highly controversial and piss off a lot of people, yet endears you equally to a whole other group of people. Also both of you are unafraid to call other folks BS and jackassery as it is while the other two are a bit more...diplomatic. Basically both of you are the targets of a lot of extreme fan love/hate.

SBR - Hammond The more charismatic one and the 'idol' of the group so the speak. Also used as the object of jokes and ridicule by the other hosts (My teeth have NOT been whitened!) altho these days May is equally the object of ridicule and abuse by the other two hosts as well.

Neo - James May The mild and most level headed of the trio, doesn't express particularly strong opinions and offers a voice of reason between the wild extremes of the other two. Also both Neo and May have a somewhat unhealthy fixation on 'The War' meaning WWII, May being his views of Germany and Neo with his views on Japan.
Mu La Flaga

Well another thought crossed my mind was the 3rd machinery children and Dr Egret escaped unlike the games where in OGs and OG 2 they both died during the stuff that happened in the Earth Craddle.

And like Lee they just disappeared for the rest of the show.
snoops619

Great show as ever gang!
I don't blame you for being disappointed with the wedding - I only ended up watching it because I was too hung-over to do anything else. Got to love a nation-wide day off though.
SRW is definately going on the "watch list".

Also, Soul Bro - What podcast is that sound-bite at the end of this ep taken from? It sounded quite funny.
3,000,000,000 points. I can almost taste the brownies.
Soul Bro Ryu

snoops619 wrote:Also, Soul Bro - What podcast is that sound-bite at the end of this ep taken from? It sounded quite funny.
I'm glad you asked! It's from a weekly podcast I listen to called "The Bugle":

RSS Feed: http://podcast.timesonline.co.uk/rss/thebuglemp3.rss
MP3 Archive: http://gamesplusone.com/thebugle/
Wiki: http://bugle.wikia.com/wiki/The_Bugle_Wiki
Twitter: @TheBuglePodcast

The hosts are comedians Andy Zaltzman & John Oliver (recently best known as a correspondent on The Daily Show) and they review the top stories happening in the world in hilarious fashion. The sample that used at the end of the show is in "Ep. 152 - Compromised to a Permanent End". It's a great podcast especially if you like a satirical take on the news (i.e. "The Daily Show" or "The Colbert Report") or if you're a fan of John Oliver (like I am). I just discovered a few months ago and have been listening ever since. Hope you dig it too ^_^

"'Ello Buuuuuuuuglers!!!!!"
Soul Bro Ryu
http://www.Gundamn.net
http://About.me/SoulBroRyu
Xbox Live: Soul Bro Ryu
PSN: Soul_Bro_Ryu
snoops619

Soul Bro Ryu wrote:
snoops619 wrote:Also, Soul Bro - What podcast is that sound-bite at the end of this ep taken from? It sounded quite funny.
I'm glad you asked! It's from a weekly podcast I listen to called "The Bugle":

RSS Feed: http://podcast.timesonline.co.uk/rss/thebuglemp3.rss
MP3 Archive: http://gamesplusone.com/thebugle/
Wiki: http://bugle.wikia.com/wiki/The_Bugle_Wiki
Twitter: @TheBuglePodcast

The hosts are comedians Andy Zaltzman & John Oliver (recently best known as a correspondent on The Daily Show) and they review the top stories happening in the world in hilarious fashion. The sample that used at the end of the show is in "Ep. 152 - Compromised to a Permanent End". It's a great podcast especially if you like a satirical take on the news (i.e. "The Daily Show" or "The Colbert Report") or if you're a fan of John Oliver (like I am). I just discovered a few months ago and have been listening ever since. Hope you dig it too ^_^

"'Ello Buuuuuuuuglers!!!!!"
Thanks. Never miss an opportunity to gain another audio delight.
3,000,000,000 points. I can almost taste the brownies.
jabman025

can I just say that during the mailbag segment i damn near lost my mind wanting to defend some destiny....
Xbox Live, Playstation Network, and Twitter : Jabman025
and check out my gunpla reviews on youtube http://www.youtube.com/user/jabman025
hawk of endymion
Location: The Lord Larry King Memorial News Studio at the Gundamn News Tower, HB, CA

kayone73 wrote: Neo - James May The mild and most level headed of the trio, doesn't express particularly strong opinions and offers a voice of reason between the wild extremes of the other two. Also both Neo and May have a somewhat unhealthy fixation on 'The War' meaning WWII, May being his views of Germany and Neo with his views on Japan.
You sure about the not expressing strong opinions part, because they are probably a lot of listeners who would disagree with your assessment. Plus, Soul Bro is the Switzerland of the show, but he does live in FantasyLand(not the Disney version).

The "War" stuff, well, that comes from seeing that show The Pacific last year. Seeing how brutal the Japanese were to the Americans and their own people. Plus, I'm a big fan of America and its killing machines. Also unlike Chris and Soul Bro, I love the military(just like my idol, Sir Michael Bay).
The Equation of the Robot Apocalypse:

The Admiral + Flashlight = Dead Robo

B.A., M.A., PhD,
The Yoshiyuki Tomino School of Film.
"You draw'em, we kill'em!"

[email protected]

PSN/XBOX Live: NeoLorroke
Destiny_Gundam

Isn't it awesome how this episode comes out and a new OG game is announced?
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
Mu La Flaga

That it is.
yazi88

Destiny_Gundam wrote:Isn't it awesome how this episode comes out and a new OG game is announced?
I'm slightly surprised how you never mentioned that a CG teaser for the next OG game was shown right after the final episode of OG the Inspector.

I'm also surprised that you didn't mention the clear homage to Gravion with the Sol-Gravlion with two pilot look-a-likes of the 2 main characters Eiji and Toga of Gravion. I think they were both also voiced by Jun Fukuyama who did Toga.
Mu La Flaga

yazi88 wrote:
Destiny_Gundam wrote:Isn't it awesome how this episode comes out and a new OG game is announced?
I'm slightly surprised how you never mentioned that a CG teaser for the next OG game was shown right after the final episode of OG the Inspector.

I'm also surprised that you didn't mention the clear homage to Gravion with the Sol-Gravlion with two pilot look-a-likes of the 2 main characters Eiji and Toga of Gravion. I think they were both also voiced by Jun Fukuyama who did Toga.
You know those thoughts skipped my mind also, but yeah that and other homages the series kind of had in it.
Destiny_Gundam

yazi88 wrote:I'm slightly surprised how you never mentioned that a CG teaser for the next OG game was shown right after the final episode of OG the Inspector.

We had no idea what that trailer was even for at the time so there wasn't much to say about it.

That part falls under the "read my reviews" comment. And no, that wasn't Jun Fukuyama in that scene.
kayone73

Peter: good job on the SRW discussion
yazi88

Destiny_Gundam wrote:
We had no idea what that trailer was even for at the time so there wasn't much to say about it.

That part falls under the "read my reviews" comment. And no, that wasn't Jun Fukuyama in that scene.
My bad. I only saw that episode once. I need to watch it and the show again in general sometime to get my facts straight.
Destiny_Gundam

kayone73 wrote:Peter: good job on the SRW discussion
Thanks, though it was less of a discussion and more me rambling for over an hour ^^" Once I start really talking I just keep going and going, as you can hear when Chris tried to wrap up the segment. I think my enthusiasm speaks for itself, though. It really is better when all 4 of us have something to say about the topic.

Well, Neo and I still have to have our throw down about Nadesico sometime in the future. That should be fun :twisted:

EDIT: Oh, I suppose it's also worth noting that once you finish The Inspectors you can watch the OVA.