Neo's News - Listener Submitted News Articles MK II

The home for everything about MAHQ's flagship podcast.
Hyakushiki

Re: Neo's News - Listener Submitted News Articles MK II

Ghost In The Shell Reeboks offered in Japan

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interes ... d-in-japan

You too can have a pair of Tachikomas on your feet for the low,low price of $260!
Don't send a coordinator to do a newtype's job!
Dollow

Dothack//Quantum - Available on BD/DVD Combo on 02.14.12 for $26.99

Did not think it would come to the west but it is, on Blu-Ray and fully dub! First day buy for me! Thank you Funimation!!! Now everyone you better buy this if your a DotHack//Fan
.hack//Quantum -- the latest installment in the phenomenally successful .hack franchise -- dares fans to find out what's been happening in The World since their last visit.

Tobias, Mary, and Sakura are way into the The World. Together, they form an inseparable group, grinding toward the break of day and running dungeons in search of the artifacts of adventure. But when the trio becomes lost in this virtual labyrinth, a chance encounter with the mysterious entity known only as Hermit will change their lives forever. There's an eerie darkness spreading across The World, and once you stumble in, you may never make it out.
Edit

.hack//Quantum's English Dub Cast Announced
Asta - Kara Edwards
Hermit - Lindsay Seidel
Iyoten - Brandon Potter
Mary/Eri - Lara Woodhull
Sakuya/Asumi - Trina Nishimura
Shamrock - Stephanie Young
Smith - J. Michael Tatum
Tobias/Iori - Anastasia Munoz
Last edited by Dollow on Sat Dec 17, 2011 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Agent Zero of Team Neo
Everywhere I have searched for peace and nowhere have I found it, except in a corner with a book
Dollow's Blog
Dollow's Twitter
Vent Noir

Vent Noir

@AJDynon on Twitter

April 7, 1979: The first episode of Mobile Suit Gundam premieres. Fanboys declare Gundam "Ruined FOREVER".
wielder

Well...I guess this "dark" side story will satisfy at least some of those haters? Eh, probably not.

Gundam AGE to Have Side Project Aimed at Grown-Up Fans
In the 19th issue of Futabasha's Great Mechanics magazine that shipped on Thursday, Bandai Hobby staff member Toshiaki Baba revealed that a side project of Mobile Suit Gundam AGE is now in the early stages for existing Gundam fans.

Baba emphasized that the project is for grown-ups, and that the staff intends to make it a "thoroughly dark" story that "even fans of (the first Gundam anime's) Universal Century timeline can be satisified with." He did not specify what medium that project will be in.

Baba and Great Mechanics' interviewer were discussing how the main Mobile Suit Gundam AGE project has major elements aimed at children, such as the manga in Shogakukan's Monthly Corocoro Comic magazine.
Source:
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/20 ... wn-up-fans
Soul Eater, the True Rune
Dollow

New .hack Game Revealed in Famitsu on andriasang.com
We finally have confirmation of a new .hack game. Famitsu this week reveals that a new game in the franchise is in development.

The magazine lists the game under the placeholder name of just .hack. Platform and release date are both to be announced. However, the magazine does have some screenshots that show a high level of detail. In an interview, CyberConnect2 CEO Hiroshi Matsuyama reveals that the screenshots are all real time from the game.

Matsuyama notes in the interview that different from .hack//G.U. and .hack//Link, which had an anime style to their visuals, the new game has a bit more photo realism.

The screens appear to show Haseyo, main character of .hack//GU. Matsuyama would confirm that it is Haseyo, but when Famitsu asked if it's "that Haseyo," he would only say "I can't say yet."

The new game project began planning at around the time of the .hack movie, Matsuyama also told the magazine. It appears that the two will be related, as the game takes place in 2025, one year after the events of the movie.

Official details on the game will be released quickly following the movie's release. The movie is set to hit theaters on January 21.
Agent Zero of Team Neo
Everywhere I have searched for peace and nowhere have I found it, except in a corner with a book
Dollow's Blog
Dollow's Twitter
eanetdude

Like me, the majority of you guys out there have pets. Well, if you're looking for food, supplies, treats, toys and even Nu Gundam costumes for your newborn kitten... the best place to go, is PetCo!
http://pinterest.com/pin/174936766745231573/
NastyNate

Gundam Unicorn Ps3 game will have a March 8th release date. The price will be surprisingly low at just ¥5,040 (higher profile PS3 releases will often cost ¥7,800 and up). Which ¥5,040 translates to $50.4.
http://andriasang.com/comzfv/gundam_uc_date_and_price/
"I am the way the truth and the life, no man comes to the Father but by me"-Jesus Christ

PSN, Xbox Live, Twitter: Nates4Christ
Vent Noir

Vent Noir

@AJDynon on Twitter

April 7, 1979: The first episode of Mobile Suit Gundam premieres. Fanboys declare Gundam "Ruined FOREVER".
jabman025

Collecters Edition of Gundam Unicorn video game to include a new Unicorn novel written by original author called "The Postwar War"

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interes ... nal-author
Xbox Live, Playstation Network, and Twitter : Jabman025
and check out my gunpla reviews on youtube http://www.youtube.com/user/jabman025
Flame-X

Eureka Seven Ao Gets TV Anime in April 2012
The official website for the Eureka Seven: Astral Ocean (Eureka Seven Ao) project announced on Friday in Japan that a television anime version will air starting in April 2012. The anime studio BONES will return to animate the sequel series.

The February issue of Kadokawa Shoten's Monthly Shōnen Ace magazine is announcing on Monday that Eureka Seven Ao, a manga sequel to the Eureka Seven television anime series, will launch in the next issue on January 26. The "real mecha epic" will center around a boy named Ao who "set 'destiny' in motion again when he held the 'power.'" Artist Yūichi Katō is drawing the manga based on the original story by the anime studio BONES.
Some Kind of Robot

The winners of Japan's Gundam World Cup were named. One of which was a 8 year old girl for the Junior Course. The final round is going to be in Hong Kong on the 25th. The trophies are pretty awesome btw.
http://www.sankakucomplex.com/2011/12/1 ... p-victory/
If it turns burns banks and rolls...
Shinigam_Newtype

Somewhat of an old article(Just over a month) but Gundam AGE isn't doing too well in Japan. The Gafran model kits are already in the bargain bin and ratings are among the lowest for any Gundam show ever.

http://quentinlau.blogspot.com/2011/11/ ... japan.html
"I'm not as impatient as you, I can wait for humanity to learn and grow" - Amuro Ray.

PSN ID: Shinigam_Newtype
3DS Friend Code: 4468 0954 9080
Flame-X

This news is for Soul Bro.

Drink away your sorrows at the Capcom Bar
Capcom is set to open Capcom Bar in the Pasela Resort in Shinjuku on January 25th.
Shinigam_Newtype

I find Jabman's article on the Special edition for the Gundam UC PS3 game somewhat lacking.
The following are features pertaining to Special Edition:
- The game will come with an extra disc called the "Gundam collectors UC disc" which features a retrospective on the first 3 episodes of Gundam unicorn. This disc will also contain interviews with cast and crew.
-A novel called Sengou no Sensou(War after war) written by Harutoshi Fukui(the author of the original UC novel) detailing the events that occur between 2 particular episodes(Both of which are as of now unknown)

As mentioned by NastyNate, the game will be released on March 8th in Japan and released along with Mobile ops in the US...Sorry Soul Bro :)
http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2 ... al-edition
"I'm not as impatient as you, I can wait for humanity to learn and grow" - Amuro Ray.

PSN ID: Shinigam_Newtype
3DS Friend Code: 4468 0954 9080
Chris
Administrator

Shinigam_Newtype wrote:Somewhat of an old article(Just over a month) but Gundam AGE isn't doing too well in Japan. The Gafran model kits are already in the bargain bin and ratings are among the lowest for any Gundam show ever.

http://quentinlau.blogspot.com/2011/11/ ... japan.html
That article's old enough so as to be useless now. We've had double the amount of episodes aired than what was out at the time, and more kit releases. If AGE is really doing so terribly, I want some more updated information.
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his
Momaru

Capcom is set to open Capcom Bar in the Pasela Resort in Shinjuku on January 25th. The interesting thing is it doesn't look very capcom themed at all from these sketches. I misread the name and thought it was called crap bar at first. I know this really isn't gundam related but I'm sure Soul Bro could use some more teasing.
http://www.japanator.com/drink-away-you ... 1096.phtml
Tell me why, at this turning point in our history, must we fight amongst each other and further pollute the earth?
- Char Aznable, Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam
Dollow

Agent Zero of Team Neo
Dollow's Blog
Dollow's Twitter
Vent Noir

Vent Noir

@AJDynon on Twitter