Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Podcasts » Gundamn! @ MAHQ




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
 Post Posted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:33 pm 
Offline
Ill-informed Newscaster
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2006 11:06 am
Posts: 811
Location: The Lord Larry King Memorial News Studio at the Gundamn News Tower, HB, CA
I think the Superman joke flew above your head.

I spoke with Sould Bro and it looks like your in the running to be one of the first draftees into the Soul Bro Defense Force(SBDF).

_________________
The Equation of the Robot Apocalypse:

The Admiral + Flashlight = Dead Robo

B.A., M.A., PhD,
The Yoshiyuki Tomino School of Film.
"You draw'em, we kill'em!"

neomahq@gmail.com

PSN/XBOX Live: NeoLorroke


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 6:56 pm 
Online
Bald Wizard
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 02, 2006 5:20 pm
Posts: 4577
Location: Miami, FL
I'm amazed that after 3+ years of doing this show, people STILL don't understand that when we talk crap to each other, it's all in good fun. As for "defending" anyone, we're all adults and we can defend ourselves if necessary. We don't need any of you to do that, especially if you're stepping in and misunderstanding when something is a joke.

_________________
"What did catch my eye, however, was a podcast named Gundamn!. At first I thought it was a podcast about firearms and [rednecks] discussing their collection, but after looking at the episode titles I was sold." - Xhavalor

PSN: amuromsz006
3DS: 1177-6671-6035


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:29 pm 
Offline
Pilot's Doomed Girlfriend
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:36 pm
Posts: 365
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Thanks for the False Songstress discussion, prior to listening to the podcast I had assumed this was just a reedited mashed up version of the TV series and had no idea how much of the film was reanimated from scratch. Finally started watching it. Wow. Guess they made some money off the TV series to fund this project. Now knowing the story diverges somewhat from the TV series, makes me very interested in watching the 2nd film now, since we have no idea how things will play out. Good stuff!


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:04 pm 
Offline
Defender of DESTINY
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2009 12:50 pm
Posts: 196
Location: St. Louis MO
Chris wrote:
I'm amazed that after 3+ years of doing this show, people STILL don't understand that when we talk crap to each other, it's all in good fun. As for "defending" anyone, we're all adults and we can defend ourselves if necessary. We don't need any of you to do that, especially if you're stepping in and misunderstanding when something is a joke.


did someone say "defending" ? :D

_________________
Xbox Live, Playstation Network, and Twitter : Jabman025
and check out my gunpla reviews on youtube http://www.youtube.com/user/jabman025


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:14 am 
Offline
AEUG Slapping Boy
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:49 pm
Posts: 113
Location: Gryps 2
jabman025 wrote:
did someone say "defending" ? :D


Oh no...he's here...
EVERYONE, RUN FROM THE BEAM SPAM! lol

_________________
From 00 S2 ep 25

Tieria: As long as you keep looking down on them, you'll never understand them!
Ribbons: *has Newtype-y flash of AGE, of Kio and his UNDERSTANDING replacing his show* I DON'T WANT TO UNDERSTAND!


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:36 am 
Offline
Mecha Flunky
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 09, 2011 7:35 am
Posts: 19
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Nice breakdown of the movie, but I can't believe you guys barely touched upon the epic Interstellar Amex moment! I don't think I'm ever going to forget that scene - I already thought Sheryl was a great character, but dear God did her stock ever go up in my eyes when she threw that card over to Ozma. I think people on the net were calling her "the Goddess of Battle," for a while as a result.

On the other hand, while I still can't stand Ranka, you guys should give Soulbro's analysis of that trolley scene a little more credit: as far as I can remember, this is the first time Alto opened up to anyone at all in Frontier. It kills me that it happened with *ranka,* but at least she wasn't nearly as annoying as she was in the tv show.

Looking forward to the analysis of the next movie!


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:41 am 
Offline
Lackey GM Pilot
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 07, 2008 12:10 pm
Posts: 96
Location: Stig Land
Chris wrote:
I'm amazed that after 3+ years of doing this show, people STILL don't understand that when we talk crap to each other, it's all in good fun. As for "defending" anyone, we're all adults and we can defend ourselves if necessary. We don't need any of you to do that, especially if you're stepping in and misunderstanding when something is a joke.

Looks like the "Evil Soul Bro Plan" is working perfectly, eh? ~_^
The bigger the beatdown, the more people want to leap in to defend the oppressed!

_________________
////////////////
A Bright-slap is too good for you!!
PSN: roytecx


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:57 am 
Offline
Oblivious Harem Loser
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2006 8:49 pm
Posts: 3507
Location: Becoming a Gundam
All I will say is this: once the second movie is released, I shall come to LAUGH at the poor, deluded members of Team Sheryl as Team Ranka proudly celebrates its sweet and eternal victory. :mrgreen:

_________________
Thundermuffin wrote:
SETSUNA: There is no Tomino in this world.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:15 am 
Offline
Mecha Flunky
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 09, 2011 7:35 am
Posts: 19
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Honestly, with the way Ranka got a huge upgrade in the movie along with a clearly cemented "First Girl Usually Wins" debut, you're probably going to be celebrating that victory as our Galactic Fairy Ship sinks into the abyss. Hopefully, however, this is only a move to make the love triangle more of an actual triangle instead of a complete Sheryl Sweep.

With regards to Ranka not being as annoying as she was in TV Frontier, there was talk back in November that, if this was a DYRL thing (an in-universe movie based on the actual events), then it was probably directed by Brera as a way to boost Ranka's career after her horrible-ness in the tv series.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:08 am 
Offline
Ill-informed Newscaster
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2006 11:06 am
Posts: 811
Location: The Lord Larry King Memorial News Studio at the Gundamn News Tower, HB, CA
Chris wrote:
I'm amazed that after 3+ years of doing this show, people STILL don't understand that when we talk crap to each other, it's all in good fun. As for "defending" anyone, we're all adults and we can defend ourselves if necessary. We don't need any of you to do that, especially if you're stepping in and misunderstanding when something is a joke.


You always take Soul Bro's side. :lol:


jabman025 wrote:
did someone say "defending" ? :D


Oh, no, is season two almost out.

_________________
The Equation of the Robot Apocalypse:

The Admiral + Flashlight = Dead Robo

B.A., M.A., PhD,
The Yoshiyuki Tomino School of Film.
"You draw'em, we kill'em!"

neomahq@gmail.com

PSN/XBOX Live: NeoLorroke


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:20 pm 
Offline
AEUG Slapping Boy
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2007 9:08 am
Posts: 120
Location: England
Great show as always.
I haven't seen most of Macross frontier yet but the way you guys always talk about it encourages me to be more active in watching it. I do have a question though: Would it be worth just watching the movies or would it be best to watch the series first?

The UK seems to be "the way side" when it comes to anime as we rarely get any titles that aren't guaranteed to sell so I suppose all my suggestions would just be things like MSZG, some of the Macross series (We only have Robotech and Macross Plus) ect.

Thanks for the continuous supply of audio delicacies.

_________________
3,000,000,000 points. I can almost taste the brownies.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:54 pm 
Offline
Pilot's Doomed Girlfriend
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:36 pm
Posts: 365
Location: Los Angeles, CA
snoops619 wrote:
Great show as always.
I haven't seen most of Macross frontier yet but the way you guys always talk about it encourages me to be more active in watching it. I do have a question though: Would it be worth just watching the movies or would it be best to watch the series first?

The UK seems to be "the way side" when it comes to anime as we rarely get any titles that aren't guaranteed to sell so I suppose all my suggestions would just be things like MSZG, some of the Macross series (We only have Robotech and Macross Plus) ect.

Thanks for the continuous supply of audio delicacies.


You'll be missing a lot of good content if you forgo watching the TV series. They're almost different stories.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:13 pm 
Offline
AEUG Slapping Boy
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2007 9:08 am
Posts: 120
Location: England
kayone73 wrote:
snoops619 wrote:
Great show as always.
I haven't seen most of Macross frontier yet but the way you guys always talk about it encourages me to be more active in watching it. I do have a question though: Would it be worth just watching the movies or would it be best to watch the series first?

The UK seems to be "the way side" when it comes to anime as we rarely get any titles that aren't guaranteed to sell so I suppose all my suggestions would just be things like MSZG, some of the Macross series (We only have Robotech and Macross Plus) ect.

Thanks for the continuous supply of audio delicacies.


You'll be missing a lot of good content if you forgo watching the TV series. They're almost different stories.


Ah thanks. I knew that they were pretty different from what was said in the show (as in Gundamn!) but I figured it'd be a Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam: A New Translation sort of deal where it deviates from the show, but is considered (for want of a better word) cannon.

_________________
3,000,000,000 points. I can almost taste the brownies.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:26 pm 
Offline
Cardboard Leo Ace

Joined: Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:44 pm
Posts: 43
I love Robot Carnival. I loved it so much after I saw it on the Saturday morning anime block that I bought one of the dubious Chinese releases for it when Sci Fi stopped airing it. Since there is very little dialogue in it there wasn't much reason not to get it (well except for Presence, which has a hilariously bad english translation in the subtitle options). I'm looking at it now. I think I'll pop it in.

The cyborg punk ganger at the end of Deprive always made me laugh with his EYE BEAM!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AgkjrFL398c

Also I have the soundtrack. Some great synthetic tracks on there. Especially the one for Cloud.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 2:24 pm 
Offline
AEUG Slapping Boy
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:49 pm
Posts: 113
Location: Gryps 2
snoops619 wrote:
kayone73 wrote:
snoops619 wrote:
Great show as always.
I haven't seen most of Macross frontier yet but the way you guys always talk about it encourages me to be more active in watching it. I do have a question though: Would it be worth just watching the movies or would it be best to watch the series first?

The UK seems to be "the way side" when it comes to anime as we rarely get any titles that aren't guaranteed to sell so I suppose all my suggestions would just be things like MSZG, some of the Macross series (We only have Robotech and Macross Plus) ect.

Thanks for the continuous supply of audio delicacies.


You'll be missing a lot of good content if you forgo watching the TV series. They're almost different stories.


Ah thanks. I knew that they were pretty different from what was said in the show (as in Gundamn!) but I figured it'd be a Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam: A New Translation sort of deal where it deviates from the show, but is considered (for want of a better word) cannon.


As the hosts have stated before, the Zeta movies are NOT canon, for they omit ZZ with their ending (apparently being replaced by space humping). From what I understand of these movies, they are more of a variation of the original series. ANYWAY, on to the Frontier movie; I don't think you'd be completely lost if you dive in headfirst, however, I still advise watching the series first because that does help a bit and give you a much better appreciation of the movie.

Strike Zero, I think you have a point there, and I'll be celebrating with you on the victory cruise, heh heh!

_________________
From 00 S2 ep 25

Tieria: As long as you keep looking down on them, you'll never understand them!
Ribbons: *has Newtype-y flash of AGE, of Kio and his UNDERSTANDING replacing his show* I DON'T WANT TO UNDERSTAND!


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 2:35 pm 
Offline
AEUG Slapping Boy
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2007 9:08 am
Posts: 120
Location: England
mobiusdiablo wrote:
As the hosts have stated before, the Zeta movies are NOT canon, for they omit ZZ with their ending (apparently being replaced by space humping). From what I understand of these movies, they are more of a variation of the original series. ANYWAY, on to the Frontier movie; I don't think you'd be completely lost if you dive in headfirst, however, I still advise watching the series first because that does help a bit and give you a much better appreciation of the movie.


Thanks. I was under the illusion that, even though they nullified ZZ, they were Tomino's original vision and thus 'cannon'. Anyway, I will put Frontier on the list of anime to watch once I finish Sixth Form ('High School' for those not familiar with the U.K. education system) this summer.

_________________
3,000,000,000 points. I can almost taste the brownies.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 4:39 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:08 am
Posts: 0
Location: Wales
while im listining to the episode... i may not be as good as dvd but hey, it may help if you do want to do a segment on it in future, especialy for Neo http://www.anilinkz.com/category/megas-xlr/

_________________
"Lockon Stratos, targeted and firing!" - Neil/Lyle Dylandy, Gundam Meister

"Free will is an Illusion"

The Scotsman from Wales

PSN/XBOX: Arorn


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:32 am 
Offline
Cardboard Leo Ace

Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:05 pm
Posts: 30
Chris wrote:
I'm amazed that after 3+ years of doing this show, people STILL don't understand that when we talk crap to each other, it's all in good fun. As for "defending" anyone, we're all adults and we can defend ourselves if necessary. We don't need any of you to do that, especially if you're stepping in and misunderstanding when something is a joke.


I am as well, it's fairly obvious from your tone of voice, it usually alters slightly as does your demeanor (fairly obviously) when you are all poking fun so...yeah.

Anyways, another enjoyable episode, but I'm surprised. No LOGH?

It probably didn't fit the requirements but...no honorable mention? :P


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:03 am 
Offline
Pilot's Doomed Girlfriend
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 14, 2007 10:30 am
Posts: 374
Location: Ruins of Dublin, Ireland, UC 0088
Great show again you guys :) Quite enjoyed the candyland wishes topic and the Macross F discussion (despite not having seen the show yet). Also kudos to Chris for NOT phoning it in when he phoned in (I heart puns); kudos to Soulbro for great editing despite the internet mishaps, and kudos to Neo for keeping Hate flaming.

As a side note, is it just me or were you guys meaner in this episode? You normally rib each other, which is part of the fun that is Gundamn, but it felt like in this episode you were especially vicious. Was that intentional, or is it just my imagination?

_________________
"There's always hope tomorrow will be taco night."


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:15 pm 
Online
Bald Wizard
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 02, 2006 5:20 pm
Posts: 4577
Location: Miami, FL
Kosh wrote:
As a side note, is it just me or were you guys meaner in this episode? You normally rib each other, which is part of the fun that is Gundamn, but it felt like in this episode you were especially vicious. Was that intentional, or is it just my imagination?


Nah, we just decided to do more ribbing on Soul Bro once he started up with his filthy Ranka shipping. :twisted:

_________________
"What did catch my eye, however, was a podcast named Gundamn!. At first I thought it was a podcast about firearms and [rednecks] discussing their collection, but after looking at the episode titles I was sold." - Xhavalor

PSN: amuromsz006
3DS: 1177-6671-6035


Top 
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
 
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Board index » Podcasts » Gundamn! @ MAHQ


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

 
 

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to: