Thanksgiving Dinner with Gundamn!

The home for everything about MAHQ's flagship podcast.
hawk of endymion
Location: The Lord Larry King Memorial News Studio at the Gundamn News Tower, HB, CA

Thanksgiving Dinner with Gundamn!

Not exactly, but kinda.

With Thanksgiving fast approaching, I was thinking of a fun topic. If you had an extra seat or two at the old dinner table for Thanksgiving, who from Gundamn would you invite? We'd love to see who you pick and why. Remember it might be hard for the three hosts to attend for various reasons, (Chris and I don't like mingling with commoners and Soul Bro, well, the new fall season is out.) :lol:

I know some places in the world don't celebrate Thanksgiving or do it at different dates, but you can pretend.
This is a fun and silly topic, so have fun.
The Equation of the Robot Apocalypse:

The Admiral + Flashlight = Dead Robo

B.A., M.A., PhD,
The Yoshiyuki Tomino School of Film.
"You draw'em, we kill'em!"

[email protected]

PSN/XBOX Live: NeoLorroke
Mu La Flaga

Re: Thanksgiving Dinner with Gundamn!

Hm can I just say Austin for choice number 1 to counter-balance Soul Bro's good energy with Austin's hate?

As for who else, I would be tempted to maybe say a toss up between Amuro NT1 or the Pedobears.

Kind of hard to make a choice with only 2 seats.

On 2nd thoughts Austin would probably swipe some of the food for himself.
So between Soul Bro and Austin at a thanksgiving dinner would be hard to imagine much scraps remaining in the aftermath.

On the other hand could always get Bill Whipton/*CoughBoiwonderCough* back in on a flight all expenses paid trip again. :P

Anyway that is my answer for now unless I get better ideas or change my answer more.

So pretty much Austin at most.
And just for variety it would come down to a potentinal 3 way tie between Amuro NT1 and the Pedobears.

Just to make it clear.
jabman025

Personally I would probably choose Neo and Soul Bro to come to dinner.

Soul Bro because he seems like he would be fun to have around, and he would laugh at everyone's jokes, no matter how bad they are.

Neo because despite our, all in good fun, bickering I think we would find we have a lot in common.......and it will be easier to take down Team Neo if he is closer! :twisted:

No offense to Chris, I'm sure he is a great guy and all but if I invite him that means I have to deal with the Troll, Emperor Palpatine, and Dennis. I have dealt with Troll once before and he was annoying as hell. I don't want Emporer Palpatine anywhere near my necie and nephew, and I really don't need a drunk reporter hanging around complaining about my lack of knowlege about culture while I try to watch football. Sorry Chris you just come with too much baggage. :lol:
Xbox Live, Playstation Network, and Twitter : Jabman025
and check out my gunpla reviews on youtube http://www.youtube.com/user/jabman025
Mu La Flaga

Now if we are talking about say 2 of the Gundamn members making it down to Australia for thanksgiving which we don't have as much.
Then it would probably be Chris and Neo, nothing against Soul Bro, but I would invite Chris.
And me being part of Team Neo the other obligatory seat is for the team captain. :P
Last edited by Mu La Flaga on Sat Nov 20, 2010 1:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Strike Zero

If possible, I'd invite all three.

There's just something about the chemistry between Chris, Neo and Soul Bro that helps them stand out as a trio. Soul Bro is the jovial, bright-eyed idealist, Chris is the deadpan snarker, and Neo is the average middleman that balances the two of them out.

You know, kinda like a less cracked-out version of the Getter team.

Thus, I'm pretty sure that the optimal experience of hanging out with them would be achieved by having all three of them over for dinner at the same time.

But, if I had to choose, I'd pick Chris, just because he's such a cool guy.
Thundermuffin wrote:SETSUNA: There is no Tomino in this world.
anubis

Well, since I'm Canadian thanksgiving is already over. Since we're so awesome we don't until november like a bunch of scrubs. If I had am magical time machine that could transfer me back in time I would pick these people.

Soul Bro- Jovial as said before fun to be around. he's the kind of guy that could make any situtation fun. Also a fighting game fan, something I aprove of. We'd talk about Marvel Vs Capcom 3 a bunch and get hype over it. f anything went wrong with the turkey we could call some of soul bros men to give us some pizza. So hey, back-up plan.

Other than that.... eh chris. Chris because I always enjoy Chris and Soul Bro going at it, and I would like to see the long awaited "why Batman beyond return of the joker does or does not suck." Chris's sarcasm is also fun. Also It give me an excuse to stock up on a ton of booze. Dennis may be coming and that man's going to need some scotch in him, so I have to oblidge. If I don't he may try and explain why I don't know anything about culture, hell he may even try to say I don't know anything about Canadian culture. Finally, my brother's stating out as a journalist so he could pick up tricks from the trade from both Chris and Dennis.

So really I'd invite you guys over as you two would benifit me the most, I'm a selfish prick like that.
hawk of endymion
Location: The Lord Larry King Memorial News Studio at the Gundamn News Tower, HB, CA

Just remember, if you invite me to dinner and I come, just don't sit me next to your crazy uncle or at the kids table, please.

B.A., M.A., PhD,

[email protected]

Shinigam_Newtype

I'll need all three at my dinner table.

Neo - I know how much he likes the liquor, I want to see him get drunk.

Soul Bro - We can discuss our mutual worship of Emma Sheen and I'd like to face him at
SFIV too!

Chris - He can be my jester, doing his Dr Phil impressions at my command also.....I want
his babies.
"I'm not as impatient as you, I can wait for humanity to learn and grow" - Amuro Ray.

PSN ID: Shinigam_Newtype
3DS Friend Code: 4468 0954 9080
Robo Jason Mk1

I have to think, Maybe Chiaki? (she was on gundamn lol)

I may wait on Soul Bro, until My birthday so I have a day's worth of MvC3 know how :D

I know not Neo, because he'll spoil the next series before the ending (lol TV anime watcher)

Give me a bit to think, I have good food :P
raijinz

Chiaki and Soul Bro (sorry Neo and Chris, ya just not homely material!)
////////////////
A Bright-slap is too good for you!!
PSN: roytecx
Chris
Administrator

Anyone who doesn't invite me will be banned from Mecha Talk and sent a zombie turkey in the mail.
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his
Mu La Flaga

I'm glad I sent you an invite, hopefully it doesn't get lost in the mail :P
hawk of endymion

Also, please no family arguments if I'm invited. I have no desire to be on the next episode of "Cops".

B.A., M.A., PhD,

[email protected]

Mr Bushido

Hmm... I'd invite Chris. Not cause he just threatened us but cause there's so much Gundam crap we can talk about. And being the only Gundam guy on my other forum tends to get lonely. :(

And I guess Austin cause he's very entertaining. As proof from the Haterate episode.
501st Legion - Northern California Golden Gate Garrison
TK-3942 aka TK-EXIA
So the Geara Zulu has an Stg-44 and the Jesta has a Scar-H w/ holographic scope.
Mu La Flaga

hawk of endymion wrote:Also, please no family arguments if I'm invited. I have no desire to be on the next episode of "Cops".
Fortunately COPs is not recorded on location here in Australia.
So even if I had any unruly family members no chance of that happening.
hawk of endymion

Mu La Flaga wrote:Fortunately COPs is not recorded on location here in Australia.
Maybe, because everyone in Australia is a convict!, :P oh zinger, I be here all week, please try the green bean casserole.

I had you too, you left yourself open. Plus, hazing is completely legal in Team Neo.

B.A., M.A., PhD,

[email protected]

Mu La Flaga

Well hell they took they guns away for most people here, if anything is an obtainable weapon it's usually damn knives.

And hey we might be convicts(or some of us are), but we are like the inbetween country of UK and USA.
Also of note on that I know picked up my sense of humour from my Brittish half in essence and watching awesome BBC comedy series.

I mean Australia, is the largest island around not to mention we have alot of uranium and all that.
America is the largest continent.

So come the next World War we've got a stock pile of that stuff.
I mean hey episode 66, your likely to get murdered or raped number 1 more so in the USA then in Japan :P
hawk of endymion

I'd love to visit Australia, especially the beaches, like Bondi, Kirra, etc.

If Canada is America Jr., I think of Australia as America's crazy, drunken half brother.

You have to realize in America, we strive to be number 1 in everything, even crime.

B.A., M.A., PhD,

[email protected]

Mu La Flaga

Living near one of those beaches or a few, they are rather nice.
I will say on the one hand we do get freakish weather down here to say the least of things.
So it's not uncommon for some people to carry a small umbrella in their bag even on a nice normal summer day.

As for that, sounds right, although we always have that small rivalry with New Zealand, just accross the ditch to the right/ocean.
Shame about those minners recently though.
jabman025

I love the Auzzies, if you ever want to have one hell of a party you hang out with a Auzzie.

One problem though Mu, when the next big war starts.......with Zeon of course......Australia is going to get hit with a colony drop....don't want to be there when that happens.
Xbox Live, Playstation Network, and Twitter : Jabman025
and check out my gunpla reviews on youtube http://www.youtube.com/user/jabman025