Ep. 066 - Chiaki vs. The World!

The home for everything about MAHQ's flagship podcast.
frezik

Re: Ep. 066 - Chiaki vs. The World!

hawk of endymion wrote:
frezik wrote:Some Straight Talk Express back to you guys: I hope you got the MD Geist "Culture" thing out of your system with this episode, because it's getting stale.
????

If you're gonna troll, you better know what you're talking about.

"Culture" is not from MD Geist.
Sorry, I somehow got it stuck in my head from the MD Geist toilet episode.

My point stands, though. It's getting old. There's a difference between trolling and constructive criticism.
hawk of endymion
Location: The Lord Larry King Memorial News Studio at the Gundamn News Tower, HB, CA

frezik wrote:My point stands, though. It's getting old. There's a difference between trolling and constructive criticism.

Didn't know I was back in middle school, I'll let my parents know that progress reports are coming out soon.
As Chris has stated on the show in the past, not everything we do on the show is for the listeners. Somethings like Dennis are done because WE think its funny.
But thanks for the support.
The Equation of the Robot Apocalypse:

The Admiral + Flashlight = Dead Robo

B.A., M.A., PhD,
The Yoshiyuki Tomino School of Film.
"You draw'em, we kill'em!"

[email protected]

PSN/XBOX Live: NeoLorroke
Mu La Flaga

Just to put a little bit of input from a Team Neo member.
Dennis and Emperor Palpatine are funny, but you know what?
We haven't heard from Troll in a while, I think Crhis finally nailed him or killed him inside the Straight Talk Express when it was fumigated for Trolls.
As per my suggestion :P
hawk of endymion
Location: The Lord Larry King Memorial News Studio at the Gundamn News Tower, HB, CA

Mu La Flaga wrote:Just to put a little bit of input from a Team Neo member.
We haven't heard from Troll in a while, I think Crhis finally nailed him or killed him inside the Straight Talk Express when it was fumigated for Trolls.
Troll's not dead, he's out there, somewhere. When you least expect it, he'll pop back up.

B.A., M.A., PhD,

[email protected]

yazi88

Just what happened on the road trip with Dennis and emperor Palpatine? Was it some kind of Bill and Ted grand adventure or something? Also the roaming gnome as well.
Mu La Flaga

hawk of endymion wrote:
Troll's not dead, he's out there, somewhere. When you least expect it, he'll pop back up.
Ah but rule number 3 of team Neo is to assassinate Trolls you posted it yourself earlier you know :P

So don't know how long he will be alive for heh.
frezik

Mu La Flaga wrote:Dennis and Emperor Palpatine are funny
What Palpatine? I thought that was Larry King.
Mu La Flaga

That is his real world alias.
Or Ian McDirmid who plays him in the movies.
jabman025

Mu La Flaga wrote:
hawk of endymion wrote:
Ah but rule number 3 of team Neo is to assassinate Trolls you posted it yourself earlier you know :P

So don't know how long he will be alive for heh.
you can't kill the gundamn troll......at least not permantly......believe me I tried....
Last edited by jabman025 on Sun Nov 21, 2010 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Xbox Live, Playstation Network, and Twitter : Jabman025
and check out my gunpla reviews on youtube http://www.youtube.com/user/jabman025
Mu La Flaga

I can believe that too, he probably gets around hijacking people's cars or stuff and all that kind of thing.
hawk of endymion

jabman025 wrote:you can't kill the gundamn troll......at least not permantly......believe me I tried....
I thought the "DEFENDER OF DESTINY" was a non-violent stuper hero.

B.A., M.A., PhD,

[email protected]

Wingnut

hawk of endymion wrote:
jabman025 wrote:you can't kill the gundamn troll......at least not permantly......believe me I tried....
Every one of those has some dark chapter of their past prior to their current fame that many would rather forget. This just happens to be his.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
jabman025

hawk of endymion wrote:
What on earth gave you that idea.... :shock:
and check out my gunpla reviews on youtube http://www.youtube.com/user/jabman025
hawk of endymion

You're a Crossroad Crew member, non-violence is part of your creed, along with annoying and being a go-fer.

B.A., M.A., PhD,

[email protected]

jabman025

hawk of endymion wrote:You're a Crossroad Crew member, non-violence is part of your creed, along with annoying and being a go-fer.
I'm a what!?

how many jokes have I made at Saji Crossroad's expense......I am insulted sir insluted, that you would compare the defender of destiny to a spineless pizza delivery man.

How dare you sir :lol:
hawk of endymion

jabman025 wrote:
hawk of endymion wrote:You're a Crossroad Crew member, non-violence is part of your creed, along with annoying and being a go-fer.
I'm a what!?

how many jokes have I made at Saji Crossroad's expense......I am insulted sir insluted, that you would compare the defender of destiny to a spineless pizza delivery man.

How dare you sir :lol:
Maybe, I don't know. Somehow I see you playing both sides. I need to talk to Cill Bosby.

Prove it to me, defend some Destiny, oh Defender of Destiny.

B.A., M.A., PhD,

[email protected]

bertman4

Great episode! Loved your guest Chiaki. She was hilarious. "Meat in stick form is fantastic!" Awesome! Please have her on again.

bertman4
skyknight

Is it nice when we have a lady to come in a sausage fest? :mrgreen:

I had listen to several podcast from AAA, and I do enjoy their causal, laid-back atmosphere on several anime topics - its just unfortunately I don't have too much to listen to podcasts around the web.

I actually have several friends that did study abroad in Japan, and in fact my youngest bro is studying in Japan for two semester. Adding to that is that my bro was in Japan for over a week vacationing, so what Chiaki was talking about, I did have some clue to those.

Being ABC (fyi, America Born Chinese), it doesn't make me instantly-adaptable to both sides of the Pacific Ocean, as I did have a hard time adjusting to living in Taiwan after spending the first several years in the US - such as going to school on Saturday! So I do understand Chiaki's position in the first few months living there, and I was sad to hear that her host-father pasted away shortly after her leave.

I do encourage my friends, who have never step out the US their entire lives, to visit a country they are interested in for about 2 weeks, to learn their culture and think about their own lives - hoping it could expand their minds and visions.

Every society will have its problems, and I think it will be almost impossible to erase the negativity embedded in older generation. I am aware of Japan's "selective" memories of WWII, and you know what, China and South Korea do have "selective" memories as well, heck, if you looked at how France's handling of its history during WWII, you'll get the idea. But this is where you hope younger generations can do better.

There are so many things that I wish I could have time to talk about, but I'll stop it here. Hopefully, the crew can get more guest to appear on Gundamn!
How much better is being a Creepy Bishonen compared to an AEUG slapping boy?

If Ginrai, the Japanese truck driver living in America, can be the leader of Cybertron Forces, then what can a pizza delivery boy be?

My Items on Sale

PSN: skyknight0100
kayone73

gundamtype0 wrote:Another great podcast and great responses from Chiaki.

No matter how many times I hear or read it, I'm still surprised about the level of racism over there against the Chinese and the Koreans. The younger generation is getting better the the older folks are still "set in their ways."
Her podcast was great esp with a very well-informed view on japanese life from an american/outsider's perspective.

An interesting thing with the whole 'japan/korea' history which certainly hasn't been the rosiest relationship in the 20th century.

Since the explosion of popularity in korean tv dramas all over asia, japan has been one of the biggest outside consumers and they've garnered an enormous fanbase among young adult japanese women who go crazy over korean heartthrob actors, going as far as increasing tourism in korea/seoul, some of them wanting to see the locales and settings of their favorite shows (much like anime/drama fans all over the world wanting to see familiar sites in tokyo, etc) and even as far as online dating services matching up young japanese and korean adults. Although I find it hilarious that tv soap drama is playing such a big part in bridging cultural and historical gulfs, hey, whatever heals the wounds of the past is fine by me.

And yes, the sooner the older, bigoted generations of people live out the natural spans of their lives and pass on.... the better. Not only in japan, korea, but this country as well.
hawk of endymion

skyknight wrote: Every society will have its problems, and I think it will be almost impossible to erase the negativity embedded in older generation. I am aware of Japan's "selective" memories of WWII, and you know what, China and South Korea do have "selective" memories as well, heck, if you looked at how France's handling of its history during WWII, you'll get the idea. But this is where you hope younger generations can do better.
I see your point on Japan's "selective" memory, but I think its more of a rewrite or amnesia than "selective" memory. Japan's atrocities in the war equaled that to the Nazis (especially to POWs), so it's bothersome for the Japanese to think two atomic bomb attacks absolves them of their sins. It's well known that if the U.S. invaded, more civilians would've been killed than were lost in the bombings. People have to remember, nothing about war is not moral.

B.A., M.A., PhD,

[email protected]