Listener Participation for Ep. 066!

The home for everything about MAHQ's flagship podcast.
Soul Bro Ryu

Listener Participation for Ep. 066!

Next Episode, Chiaki from Anime Addicts Anonymous will be a guest panelist on the show, discussing with us her experience living in Japan! She will also be taking questions about here time there and we'll be picking the best ones to ask her! Please reply to this post with your questions and hopefully we'll pick yours when we record Ep. 066!

Can't think of a question now? Don't worry, there are other venues where you can submit questions:
- Twitter.com (Make sure to use the "#AskGundamn" hashtag in your tweet or expect it to be ignored)
- Gundamn! @ Facebook
- Gundamn.net Thread
- Email: [email protected] (Make sure to use the subject "Listener Participation Ep. 065" or it might be overlooked)

Deadline for submissions is Sunday, November 7th, 2010 @ 12pm (Noon), when the thread will be locked. After participating, make sure you check out Chiaki & the Anime Addicts Anonymous gang @ http://www.AAAPodcast.com!

EDIT: Many thanks to everyone who participated. We received many excellent questions and they helped make this one of our best episodes ever. Chiaki was very pleased with the responses here, on Facebook & on Twitter as well, not to mentioned honored that so many contributed. Apologies in advance for any questions that we didn't have time to ask, but again, thanks to all that submitted. ^_^

Thank You For Playing!
Soul Bro Ryu
[email protected]
Twitter: @SoulBroRyu
http://www.Gundamn.net
Soul Bro Ryu
http://www.Gundamn.net
http://About.me/SoulBroRyu
Xbox Live: Soul Bro Ryu
PSN: Soul_Bro_Ryu
Dollow

Re: Listener Participation for Ep. 066!

Living in Japan were you stop by any Japanese people; about who you were and where you were from? I expect some were very curious.

When in Japan, what was the biggest anime theme item that you were the happiest to find and take home?

Thank you Chiaki, Keep up the good work.
Last edited by Dollow on Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Agent Zero of Team Neo
Everywhere I have searched for peace and nowhere have I found it, except in a corner with a book
Dollow's Blog
Dollow's Twitter
Mu La Flaga

Where there any mecha/sci fi games or anime products(DVDs, games ect) you would have loved to bought whilst you staid in Japan?

Is there any Japanese Seiyuu/Voice Actor you would have loved to meet if you had the chance OR did meet whilst you were in Japan?(Takehito Koyasua, Tomokazu Seki, Nobuyuki Hiyama, Norio Wakamoto ect)

If you could have a souvenir from Japan what would it be that you would bring back?(can include anything like a Char mask, life size RX-78 or a pile of manga or ANYTHING! :P)

Got anything any weird of interesting stories from your time in Japan?(Pedro Cortes mentioned "to stay out of Repungi" during episode 38, since it's a dodgy area)

That is all I have for Chiaki and thanks in advance if any of my questions are selected.
Last edited by Mu La Flaga on Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
raijinz

How did you deal with Japanese misconceptions of westerners? Did you have to spend time clearing up people's opinions?

Did you meet any Japanese people that had a dislike/hatred of gaijin? On the other end of the scale, did you ever meet any western fangirls/fanboys? How about hilarious "Engurish" moments?
////////////////
A Bright-slap is too good for you!!
PSN: roytecx
mobiusdiablo

What did you mainly do in Japan? What interested you the most and what (if even possible) bored you?

If you went to school or something like that, how were the other students? Did they react friendly to having a foreigner in their class?
From 00 S2 ep 25

Tieria: As long as you keep looking down on them, you'll never understand them!
Ribbons: *has Newtype-y flash of AGE, of Kio and his UNDERSTANDING replacing his show* I DON'T WANT TO UNDERSTAND!
prince_of_zeon

Really how pervasive is Gundam in Japan? It seems to me that its popularity over there may be skewed to us westerners; is there really a gundam model shop on ever street corner? Are those streets paved with Gundanium alloy?
Twat me: http://twitter.com/#!/Podsyboy

Subscribe/comment me: http://www.youtube.com/user/AlphaAeizeru

Did Fats Goodman really die at the end of "Fats' Counterattack?"
Strike Zero

These days, complaining about how moe anime is destroying the anime industry as a whole seems to be the popular thing to do amongst western fans on the internet. While there, did the kinds of anime or other cultural media you observed reflect these concerns, or are all of the so-called issues simply the result of trolls spouting nonsense in their ever-persistent quest to find things to whine and moan about?
Thundermuffin wrote:SETSUNA: There is no Tomino in this world.
Waffleman

Did you meet any stereotypical otakus?

Did you notice any stark cultural differences in behavior? I mean like things that they wouldn't necessarily think about?

How did women treat and act with you?

Where women treated differently than men, if so how?

How does Japanese Coke taste like?
TakaTahuNuva

How did you deal with their crazy food?
ohhhh snap
Dollow

What is the best memory that you took from Japan, that you will remember for the rest of your life?
Agent Zero of Team Neo
Everywhere I have searched for peace and nowhere have I found it, except in a corner with a book
Dollow's Blog
Dollow's Twitter
Seraphic
Location: Inside the barrel of Wing Zero's left Buster Rifle.

Is there anything you wish to un-see?
"Red particles are bad, they mutate you into... dead? But green/blue particles are good, apparently, for reasons and for purposes yet to be determined. Isn't science sometimes nicely color-coded?"
-Antares

GW: The Sword . Sera's Art . Gameplay . The Lost Citadel
Mr Bushido

What's the level of creepiness of otaku in Japan? Do you actually see any carry around those hug pillows around with them or anything long those lines in public? And what would be your reaction towards that?
501st Legion - Northern California Golden Gate Garrison
TK-3942 aka TK-EXIA
So the Geara Zulu has an Stg-44 and the Jesta has a Scar-H w/ holographic scope.
Flame-X

Were you able to go to any jpop or jrock concerts?