Special 001 - The First Anniversary

The home for everything about MAHQ's flagship podcast.
Soul Bro Ryu

Special 001 - The First Anniversary

Gundamn! @ MAHQ Special 001 - "The First Anniversary"
- Unplugged Version: 64 kbps - 72 min., 19 sec. (1:12:19) - 33.1 MB
- Remastered Version: 128 kbps - 72 min., 19 sec. (1:12:19) - 66.2 MB

Segment Breakdown for this Episode:

01. Retrospective: "A Look Back"
Runtime: 0:00:00 - 0:54:22

02. Epic Sugar Works (Commercial)
Runtime: 0:54:22 - 0:54:57

03. Preview: Next Time on Level Nine! - "Survival Horror"
Runtime: 0:54:57 - 0:58:00

04. Florida Oriental Trading (Commercial)
Runtime: 0:58:00 - 0:59:39

05. Outro: "Outlook & Mad Thanks"
Runtime: 0:59:39 - 1:12:19

We now interrupt our regularly scheduled program to present our First Anniversary Episode!

Much thanks for listening & the feedback! Have at you!

Soul Bro Ryu
[email protected]

Peep the Websites!:
MAHQ.net - Gundamn.net - MechaTalk Forum - Level Nine - MySpace - FaceBook - Spill - Mevio - iTunes - Main RSS Feed

Zune: zune://subscribe/?Gundamn=http://www.podshow.com/feeds/gundamntheshow.xml

[email protected]
Soul Bro Ryu
http://www.Gundamn.net
http://About.me/SoulBroRyu
Xbox Live: Soul Bro Ryu
PSN: Soul_Bro_Ryu
yazi88

Dude, most hilarious episode yet. I can't tell what's worse for Chris, Pundam or getting humped by Neo's Dog (would've been better if it had the "Pumpfer". :lol:
Areku

Interesting and insightful.

Chris, you're awesome, but you just can't compare your leg to the Exia. I'm sorry, but you're not that awesome. :P

When it takes you 2 minutes and 32 seconds to name your feedback contributors, you know you've done something right. Keep up the good work, guys.

Edit: *pictures Gundam 00 gattai with a dog mounting the Exia leg and a bold title reading "Chris Guanche"*
Hyakushiki

I liked the James Lipton vibe you got going in this episode did you have a stack of blue index cards with questions?

BTW, Soul Bro this is for you.
Don't send a coordinator to do a newtype's job!
yazi88

Damn it Hyakushiki, don't encouage him! Lol
hawk of endymion
Location: The Lord Larry King Memorial News Studio at the Gundamn News Tower, HB, CA

Hyakushiki wrote:I liked the James Lipton vibe you got going in this episode did you have a stack of blue index cards with questions?

Just about, Bill Whipton was very well prepared. Unlilke the presidential debates, we did not have knowledge of the questions.
The Equation of the Robot Apocalypse:

The Admiral + Flashlight = Dead Robo

B.A., M.A., PhD,
The Yoshiyuki Tomino School of Film.
"You draw'em, we kill'em!"

[email protected]

PSN/XBOX Live: NeoLorroke
NightFall

hawk of endymion wrote:
Hyakushiki wrote:I liked the James Lipton vibe you got going in this episode did you have a stack of blue index cards with questions?

Just about, Bill Whipton was very well prepared. Unlilke the presidential debates, we did not have knowledge of the questions.

Bill Whipton-boi wonder right? :)

Very cool ep. guys!
wraith1701

Awesome episode, Gundamn!maniacs. Thanks for putting these shows together for us. 8)

By the way; buy that dog some saltpeter! :wink:
T.V.

Congrats on the first anniversary of Gundamn! and celebrating it with another hilarious podcast for us to enjoy.
Sounds like you're all but suffering from review burnout. :P
Don't let it get to you and I look forward to hearing many more Gundamn! podcasts in the future.

Hats off to Neo, Chris, Soul Bro Rivalz, AmuroNT, Canadian Pedobear and all the others that have had their part in making the shows what they are.
In all seriousness, I've been enjoying the discussions among you venting your own personal opinions on various subjects mecha anime related. :)

And here's a special gift for Chris. ;)Of course Neo and SBR can't be forgotten as well as being the main hosts.

(I'm actually half-hoping for someone to do a review on Pundam...)
Soul Bro Ryu

(*Sniff*) You've brought me tears of joy with this. If we find more of these, I'll have to make an Emma Sheen Gallery on the website. ^_^

Thanks for all the feedback guys, btw, and for anyone I missed in the thank yous, let me know and I'll make up for it next episode.
Soul Bro Ryu
http://www.Gundamn.net
http://About.me/SoulBroRyu
Xbox Live: Soul Bro Ryu
PSN: Soul_Bro_Ryu
snoops619

It's kinda weird to listen to you guys not talking about mecha. It was a nice little informative 'Behind the Podcast' and it was tantalising to here some of the plans for the next year. Hurry up and get that merch made!

1:07:09. My new lucky number :wink: I'm honoured to have got a mention.
hawk of endymion
Location: The Lord Larry King Memorial News Studio at the Gundamn News Tower, HB, CA

NightFall wrote:
hawk of endymion wrote:

Bill Whipton-boi wonder right? :)

Very cool ep. guys!
No, we flew Mr. Whipton in from LA. :lol:
The Equation of the Robot Apocalypse:

The Admiral + Flashlight = Dead Robo

B.A., M.A., PhD,
The Yoshiyuki Tomino School of Film.
"You draw'em, we kill'em!"

[email protected]

PSN/XBOX Live: NeoLorroke
Destiny_Gundam

Fun show. I look forward year #2.
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
Chris
Administrator

T.V. wrote:And here's a special gift for Chris. ;)Of course Neo and SBR can't be forgotten as well as being the main hosts.

(I'm actually half-hoping for someone to do a review on Pundam...)
Consider yourself banned. :twisted:
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his
TheGoose

Wow, Chris's voice sounded deeper here.

Edit: Ah, sorry about the laugh Chris, now I know why your voice is so deep.
Last edited by TheGoose on Tue Oct 21, 2008 7:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
VentZX

Funny stuff guys. Don't always comment on the episodes, but I've listened to every single one. I was actually lucky enough to find Gundamn back before the 'merger' with mahq, so I can say that I liked Gundamn before it was the cool thing to do. :P

But really, keep it up you guys. The dynamic you guys have going is great. Straight talking Chris, Nonsense SoulBro, and Ill-Informed Neo. Looking forward to more as usual.
speedstriker

Hey guys! Thanks for this Anniversary Edition of the Gundamn! podcast!

The amount of work you guys put into each episode must have been tremendous, and I'm just here to let you know that every bit of it is very much appreciated!

Why 001 for any reason? Hoping this podcast will last 100 years and eventually carried on by the next two generations?:lol: Haha, well I certain hope it does, since anything with three of the best caster on it will ever get old! All the best from the most accomplished lurkers of them all!

Keep the good stuff comin' guys!

--SpeedStriker
Destiny_Gundam

Chris x Dog: Gundamn's OTP!
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
Ohmygodiamonfire

I think this the most I ever laughed during a Gundamn! show. Props guys, you made me spit out my coke in laughter.
Seraphic
Location: Inside the barrel of Wing Zero's left Buster Rifle.

Gundamn!, you're my one and only. *blush* <3

I just want to say congratulations, guys. It's been a fantastic year, and it sure is awe-inspiring to see the show just come together from the ground up with just the right mix of personality and talent.

I have never laughed so much at an episode. Mr. Whipton, I appreciate your unusually professional yet implicitly jocular hosting abilities. It was cool to have you along. Chris, you have a penchant for being molested randomly, whether it be your sanity or your leg. Good luck, man.

Soul Bro, I really appreciate the shout out. It just really warms my heart since I usually don't get much credit or recognition for things. =p It really shows how great you've become when you've got so many people to name. But just to let you know, it's the middle syllable that gets the emphasis. The name is an adjective, in actuality. =p I hope to talk to you guys on the show one day, but I'm such a nervous little animal when it comes to things I care about. ._. I'll tell you, I've got a good phone voice though. I used to take tech support calls. =p One day.

But anyway, I have gifts for our three hosts.

For Soul Bro: Hopefully we'll be able to get our hands on one of these and ship it to you. (That's if you don't have one in secret already! Haha.) =p

For Neo: Your favorite killer. Yes, I still remember.

For Chris: More nightmare fuel. (Despite what I've called it, human nature will make you click on the link, anyway, won't it?) =)

But I'm just teasing. I'm not sure if you like MS-tan, (my particular favorite) so perhaps this wallpaper will do nicely.

*EDIT: And I'm not sure if it is good to encourage a man's unhealthy habits, but I'm sure we could look for something like this for Destiny if he doesn't have one yet. I just don't want for his brain to explode or anything though. Haha.

I hope you all enjoy these, but yeah, if you've already seen them, I'll go around looking for other things if you like.

But anyway, I just really want to say how much I appreciate you guys. You're leaders and friends here, and you really make this community a brighter place. You bring curiosity, discussion, and laughter. Thank you.

I've dragged on long enough. Just let me try to return the favor of curiosity and laughter. One day Gundamn! will be immortalized in the minds of all Gundam and mecha fans, too. Here's to the future! Cheers!
Last edited by Seraphic on Wed Oct 22, 2008 12:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Red particles are bad, they mutate you into... dead? But green/blue particles are good, apparently, for reasons and for purposes yet to be determined. Isn't science sometimes nicely color-coded?"
-Antares

GW: The Sword . Sera's Art . Gameplay . The Lost Citadel