Ep. 046 - Otaku Confidential

The home for everything about MAHQ's flagship podcast.
Amuro Ray of v

Re: Ep. 046 - Otaku Confidential

Things seem to be getting very heated here, I am going to just make my comments based on myself.

My whole thing on the animation in the U.S. is that I tell people that animation is a artform, not a genre, Brad Bird can back me up on the whole thing.

"Bird has spoken passionately about animation as an art form. When Bird and producer John Walker recorded the Director's Commentary for The Incredibles' DVD, he jokingly offered to punch the next person that he heard call animation a genre. Bird believes animation can be used to tell any kind of story—drama or comedy, for an adult audience or children"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brad_Bird

Thats my thing, no one can believe this and I have heard the dvd and I agree with him, I am not trying to come up with Conspiracy theories, I hope that my post didn't comes off like that.

In myself, I am happy with what we get in the U.S. but some but we don't get alot of manga here, I am not really too big into Gunpla, all I do get is the anime, I am glad that I got Gundam 00 since it made me a Gundam fan again, but not all manga gets translated. I just wish for a litte more.

Hey guys what about Hilary Duff for Sayla Mass? LOL

To Chris, Roaches are attracted to heat.

To Neo, SBR and Chris, when you guys were talking about comic book superheroes, I am surprise that you guys forgot to mention the second robin, Jason Todd, a guy that everyone voted to kill in the DC comics, and he came back as Red Hood because Superboy punch a wall, as well as Stephanie Brown as the new Batgirl. DC never really kills anyone.

To Neo, just say what ever like when it comes to my name. "Nu", "Five" "Vee", just say what you like.

To SBR, Thank you in general.

That is all I have to say for now, keep up the good work.
One of these days I'm gonna get Bright!
Solar Radio Wave
"Video games are evil."
-Yoshiyuki Tomino
The "v" in my name is whatever you think it is.
Hikari Okami

Hi, great episode! I wanted to thank you guys for alerting me about Gundam Unicorn Vol 1 being available on Amazon.com and in Blu-Ray no less. I am a happy gal right now.

On Gundam's popularity in America, I'm pretty content with the way things are and I feel no bitterness in its decrease in popularity since the early 2000's. There's enough interest here to keep things coming our way and that's all I can ask for.
Seraphic
Location: Inside the barrel of Wing Zero's left Buster Rifle.

I laughed especially hard when Chris vehemently stresed that we read the condensed versions before Soul Bro read my post. Sorry for being longwinded, guys, and thanks for putting up with me. :lol: I hope the fact that all the jokes are omitted doesn't make me sound like an a**hole to the listeners.

"Well adjusted"?? :shock: I think the only reason I'm not whiny about anime is because I only have the time and money to own very little of it. I'm a full time college student that has to pay for everything myself. My entire collection is only box sets and movies, and I usually just rewatch something instead of looking for something new. My reasoning behind buying new anime is kind of like this: I have little time and even less money, so in buying this anime I am spending a lot of money on something that will invariably take up a lot of my time. Kind of a lose-lose situation. This anime better be REALLY good! :lol:

"Is it a Transformer?"
"Well, it happens to transform, but....no." :(

You have no idea how hard that hit me. I run into it all the time because I draw. It's really disheartening to put so much work into something while nobody has any freaking idea what it is. This by the way was part of a series of drawings I recently finished, but I don't want to spam you guys with all of them. See them in my thread if you want. I was listening to a lot of Gundamn! while I was working on them (plus the Gundam Wing OST) so I want you guys to see the results since you were part of the creative process. =p
"Red particles are bad, they mutate you into... dead? But green/blue particles are good, apparently, for reasons and for purposes yet to be determined. Isn't science sometimes nicely color-coded?"
-Antares

GW: The Sword . Sera's Art . Gameplay . The Lost Citadel
Gundam420

Hey I know this is late but I just wanna point out that Kimba and Lion King are alot more different than you think. Kimba was just Robin Hood, while Lion King was more Macbeth in terms of story. Plus the name Simba is Swahili for lion. Also Kimba's father dies before he's even born.
PSN: (Japan Account) gundaminator