Ep. 135 - HELLO Vifam!

The home for everything about MAHQ's flagship podcast.
Soul Bro Ryu

Ep. 135 - HELLO Vifam!

Gundamn! @ MAHQ Ep. 135 - "HELLO Vifam!"
- Download Now!: 64 kbps - 155 min., 41 sec. (2:35:41) - 71.3 MB

Episode Summary:
In an extended segment, we review the 1983 Mecha Anime space odyssey, "Round Vernian Vifam"!

Join the Conversation about this episode @ Gundamn.net!

Segment Breakdown for this Episode:

01. Intro: "Neo's News/The Hopers & Dreamers Corner/The Old Timey Drama Hour"
Runtime: 0:00:00 - 0:54:27

02. Anime Addicts Anonymous (Podcast)
Runtime: 0:54:27 - 0:55:01

03. Pretentious Internet Theatre (Podcast)
Runtime: 0:55:01 - 0:55:30

04. Extended Segment: "Anime Spotlight - 'Round Vernian Vifam" (1983, TV & OVA Series)
Runtime: 0:55:30 - 1:51:34

05. Second Opinion Games (Podcast)
Runtime: 1:51:34 - 1:52:34

06. SSAA Podcast: The Ass-Backwards Anime Podcast (Podcast)
Runtime: 1:52:34 - 1:53:25

07. Outro: "Closing/The Gundamn Mailbag!/Shoutouts/Peep the Websites!"
Runtime: 1:53:25 - 2:35:41

Ask Gundamn or Leave a message:
Call the MAHQ Google Voice Line @ 305-792-8324 and leave a question (or message) that's no longer than 4 minutes. Make sure that at the beginning you leave your NAME specify that your message is for "GUNDAMN! @ MAHQ" also! We're looking forward to hearing from the Gundamnation and answering your voicemails!

Feedback & Social Networking:
- E-Mail: GundamnMAHQ(NoSpam)@gmail.com
- Twitter: @MAHQDotNet / @GundamnAtMAHQ / @CTCast
- MAHQ Facebook Group
- Forums: MechaTalk.net / Gundamn! @ MechaTalk.net
- Voicemail Hotline: 305-792-8324

Subscribe & Download Gundamn! @ MAHQ
- Main RSS Feed
- Gundamn! @ iTunes
- Zune: zune://subscribe/?Gundamn=http://feeds.feedburner.com/Gundamn
- YouTube: Gundamn! @ MAHQ / Chaos Theater / Shinjuku Station / ShinStation Fight Tube

Gundamn! @ MAHQ is a MAHQ & Shinjuku Station Joint
MAHQ.net - Gundamn.net - Shinjuku Station Podcasting - Previous Episodes - Chaos Theater - Fighters Ready! - Level Nine - ShinStation Fight Tube! - ShinStation Live!

Many thanks for listening!
@SoulBroRyu
[email protected]
Soul Bro Ryu
http://www.Gundamn.net
http://About.me/SoulBroRyu
Xbox Live: Soul Bro Ryu
PSN: Soul_Bro_Ryu
yazi88

Re: Ep. 135 - HELLO Vifam!

A pity that this is the last regular Gundamn for the rest of the year but hey, even outakes are great to have so I'll keep an eye out on youtube.

Regarding Vifam, Roddy and Barts are probably the best tag team duo in mecha anime, or at least up there. They also have a great bromance going for them too.

I haven't seen the ovas cause for some reason I can't find them for methods watch, online...
YokozunaBulldozer

When I wrote that hope and dream about the Desperado a while back, I was referring to my own hard-earned money. But now that you guys mention it.....*grins diabolically
SIXSHOT HAS NO GAME AGAINST SEVEN CHANGER
Silver_August

Nooooooooooooooooo...!!! A month without Gundamn... man, that news editors office is gonna be through the roof... and that poor mailbag, that poor poor mailbag.

but good episode!
bloodyknight

Great show as always!!! Keep it up!!!!
tHeWasTeDYouTh

the new Robocop will be bad

This will be ANOTHER CLASSIC 80's MOVIE, that Hollywood will Screw-Up. I practically guarantee it.

Why??
1st, I bet they make this new RoboCop movie Rated PG-13 instead of Rated R like the original, so more parents can take their kids to watch it & make more money.

2nd, Remember how violent the gunplay was in the original?? This new Robocop will mostly likely be nowhere near as violent. The violence is what helped make the original Robocop a good movie, especially the way Officer Murphy is killed. Notice how Hollywood uses a Car Bomb in the trailer to practically kill Murphy in this soon to be Weakened version of the movie in 2014. While in the Original Robocop, Murphy was killed by a CONTINUOUS Firing Squad of at least 4 guys with Shotguns at point blank range about 10 to 15 seconds. The only reason they stopped firing is because they ran out of ammo. Personally, between the Car Bomb & the Firing Squad?? The Car-Bomb was less painful, but the original firing squad was WAAAYYY MORE MEMORABLE.

3rd The Original Robocop had a decent amount of Gory Scenes in it. If Hollywood takes out the Gore and make the movie PG-13, I WILL NOT GO SEE IT.
Remember when Hollywood remade another movie that was PG-13 while the Original was Rated R.
The movie was "Total Recall", & the movie was TOTAL SHIT compared to the original. If Hollywood wants to AVOID making this remake of a film a Flop, I suggest they keep the violence and gore and stop boring audiences with a ton of explosions.

I hope I'm wrong about this upcoming remake, but I doubt it.
YOU'RE MESHI
DAMNYOUYAMATOTAKERUNOMIKOTOOOOOO!
eanetdude

^ What he said.