Gundamn! Mailbag Drop Box

The home for everything about MAHQ's flagship podcast.
kayone73

Re: Gundamn! Mailbag Drop Box

Hello gents:

Between the two kings of mecha anime series from the 80s & 90s, Y Tomino and R Takahashi, whose storytelling and directorial style do you prefer among their various, numerous works?

I'm not asking which series you like better, but how they went about doing those shows.

After some thinking I think I like Takahashi's storytelling and directorial style better as it seems more cinematic and has more of an edge to it, but that maybe adult me speaking as younger kid me probably preferred Tomino's style a bit more.
Mr Bushido

1) You can negate the deaths of 3 people in Code Geass however instead you have to kill 3 others who didn't die throughout the series. Who would they be?

2) Kio has become the new Skynet and has turned Sir Bay, Larry King, and the Admiral into peace loving hippies. Neo, your battle plan?
501st Legion - Northern California Golden Gate Garrison
TK-3942 aka TK-EXIA
So the Geara Zulu has an Stg-44 and the Jesta has a Scar-H w/ holographic scope.
seanami

deleted
Last edited by seanami on Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
YokozunaBulldozer

HELLO!

1. If famous creators within the mecha genre were preserved Futurama style who do you want to see and why?

2. I remember long time ago hearing how the design process behind Gaogaigar was to take the essence of the most popular toys and iconic robots among boys and fuse them together. What mecha do you guys think followed a similar design process and turned out fine and which mecha did not fare well ending up as a mechanical manbearpig?

3. Do you guys agree that the Transformers needs a Deadpool of its own? I had this thought during a bus ride as a septic truck passed by of a transformer that transforms into a septic truck and breaks the fourth wall and is hated by both Autobots and Decepticons for looking like an abomination + hybrid between Optimus and Megatron.
Last edited by YokozunaBulldozer on Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:41 pm, edited 3 times in total.
SIXSHOT HAS NO GAME AGAINST SEVEN CHANGER
haro_meister

Hi Gu
Last edited by haro_meister on Sun Aug 18, 2013 12:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
haro_meister

Hi Gundamn,

I just finished watching the 1st season of Genshiken and I must say, that Gunpla episode was hilarious. It reminded of me of my gunpla misfortunes over the years. So my question is, what are some of the unfortunate things that happened to you while building your kit. Soulbro feel free to answer even though you outsource Gunpla building :D
zero_the_masked_knight

Hi, Gundamn Crew,

[edit: question 1 was already asked and answered in a previous episode so I removed it]

2) Which Mecha would you really like to control in a game? For me, I wouldn't mind controlling any of the suits from 00, so long as the controls are as well designed as they are in ZOE.

3) In which Genre do you think a mecha game would do well, in terms of both overall game design and performing well in the market? What we have: Gundam Vs, ZOE? Dynasty Warriors style? RPGs like Super Robot Wars? Shooters in the vein of Star Wars: Battlefront? Or RTS games?

[edit: I think this was already answered in a previous ep, so I deleted it.]
Last edited by zero_the_masked_knight on Fri Sep 27, 2013 12:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Seeing people for who they are; not who you think they are, not what you want them to be. Seeing someone unconditionally, without paranoia, without prejudice, without stereotypes, without fear...That's what "love" is.
"Love" is looking into a person's eyes and seeing a soul.
Furious Rodimus

Hey Gundamn crew,

I've got two questions:

What changes would you make to Gundam 0083 to make it better than it was?

Have you wondered what pilot input is necessary to make a mobile suit punch/kick another one?
It's the stronger who create the weaker!

I am the (Color) (Object/Natural Element), Ace of (Organization) Fear Me!
YokozunaBulldozer

HELLO!

1.Which transforming mecha did the Lancia Stratus justice as an alt mode? Dagfire from Brave Command Dagwon or Wheeljack?

2.What are your thoughts on the mecha/vehicles of Super Sentai or Kamen Rider?

3.Which mechas do you guys think are the Godzilla and King Kong of the mecha genre?

4.How do you envision Zentradi heaven and hell?
Last edited by YokozunaBulldozer on Fri Sep 06, 2013 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Silver_August

Alright Gundamn Crew, first time submitting to the mailbag so here goes.

-Has there ever been a series (Mecha in particular) where you hear nothing but good things, but then you go to watch it and discover something that you see as a major flaw/criticism that seems to have gone completely overlooked or just unmentioned?

This question came to mind because I've recently began watching Gundam 00 for the first time since it's now up for free on the official GundamInfo youtube channel.

Now I've seen Saji and Louise in the openings but I had NO idea how absolutely useless they were. As of now I'm only up to Ep. 17, but so far all I've seen is Louise be whiney, childish and annoyed by her cougar mom. While Saji seems like a top candidate for Soulbro's man and I'd love to know how he got a girl as good looking as Louise as well as figure out what her and her mom both see in (what is currently to me) this bowl of room temperature mashed potatoes.

UPDATE: I finished season 1, me and my big mouth, I call them useless and the next episode stuff finally happens to them that ties into the actual plot, ah well, the question still feels relevant.
Last edited by Silver_August on Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:19 pm, edited 3 times in total.
stagrider

Edit: Deleted, repeat question.
faizdanyal

Hey,Gundamn Podcasters. Hello from Malaysia.

My name's Faiz The Nexus Accelerator Danyal and I elliminate all targets! (Setsuna F.Seiei reference)

Here's my first question in the Gundamn HQ:

What crossovers of Japanese Anime Series (Mecha or Non-Mecha) would you love to see and why? Personally,Sword Art Online and Accel World is a HUGE crossover I would be anticipated to watch the most because both SAO and Accel World are in the same universe and I would love to see Asuna and Kirito and Haru and Kuroyukihime fight together plus other characters from both series would meet for this EPIC crossover. Plus,Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica and Nanoha would be a great crossover too! (Magical Girls FTW!) Mecha wise,Gravion and Dancouga Nova are a perfect combo because of how similiar their visuals look! And I love both of these Mecha designs and it will be EPIC!

Hope to connect with you all soon. Thanks! ;)
eanetdude

I just saw the film, Oblivion. (Fantastic movie, in my opinion).

The film features the use of drone technology for reconnaissance and eliminating threats. What does the Gundamn crew (especially Neo) think of how this tech was utilized in the film? To me, I've always laughed at Neo for being so paranoid of robots turning against us, but after seeing this film I am a convert. I'm terrified of those white death balls!
Proteus

Hello Gundamn crew.

1. Neo, if Striker from Gargantia decided to dump the entire cast of AGE into the ocean instead what will you do? We know Chris and SoulBro will be the first in line to submit to her highness and worship Striker-sama but what about you? Will you feel conflicted? Will you support Striker?

2. If Striker, HAL 9000, GLaDOS and SHODAN decided to team up, can the Neo's Anti-Robo Defense Squad counter it or are we doom?

3. Will there be new anime toilet segment?

4. Soul Bro, any followup on your Zone of The Enders playthrough?
Last edited by Proteus on Thu Sep 19, 2013 1:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
YokozunaBulldozer

HELLO!

1.Chris, if a Revoltech, Chogokin(the small one), and Robot Tamashi Figure was brought to life for a three way death match which would triumph?

2. Soul Bro, name three mecha titles of your choice that would translate well as a video game of a specific genre. It can be goofy or serious.
i.e. Gundam 00 as a dating sim clone of Love Plus where you have to date one of the many Setsuna F. Seiei piloted Gundams. O Gundam would be DLC.

3. Neo, I forgot to ask you this when I asked you about your dream mecha; Who would be the bridge bunny or bunnies depending on your preference?

P.s. MOUSTACHE! SUSPENDERS! EXPLOSIONS! GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
zero_the_masked_knight

Hi, Gundamn Crew,

I've been thinking about episodes 5-7 of 0083. Long story short, episode 5 and 6 would be Kou's darkest hour - he gets the gundam totalled, falls into a depression, and with Kelly's help, he bounces back. In the very next episode, Kou chickens out in asking Nina to the movies. I really don't like Nina, but in this case - and only this case and in this context - I think Nina's perfectly justified in acting towards him the way she did. What bothers me is this: asking someone out should be trivial after nearly getting killed and going through a depression the way Kou did. Since Stardust is usually compared to Top Gun, let's look at that. Maverick's darkest hour has to do with Goose getting killed and him dealing with survivor's guilt. He manages to bounce back and has no problem in getting together with his love interest at the end. In the Next Gen review in Chaos theater, Chris and Pedro described how Picard surviving a stab to the heart set him on his path for the rest of his life. It seriously bothers me that Kou who should've grown up after his darkest hour snaps back in the very next episode. Episodes 6 and 7 are fine as individual episodes, but when viewed in that order, I just find them Jarring. If the incident in 7 happened before 6, I would have no problem and would see Nina's actions differently. I'm not sure if it's a problem with Kou as a Character, or has to do with how the Series was written as a whole.

What do you guys think?
Seeing people for who they are; not who you think they are, not what you want them to be. Seeing someone unconditionally, without paranoia, without prejudice, without stereotypes, without fear...That's what "love" is.
"Love" is looking into a person's eyes and seeing a soul.
AJQ32

Greeting Gundamn Meisters.

Which do you guys think would win in a battle? The Petite Mobile Suit from Gundam vs. Atlas Mech from Mass Effect 3.

Is Ted Cruz really the Emperor in disguise?

In Gundam 00 when the Gundam Thrones are introduced could that part of the show be nicknamed The Game of Thrones Saga?

With Broken Blade/Break Blade manga still ongoing do you guys think they'll make more OAV movies based on it or have they officially stopped at 6 and no more to come?

May Micheal Bay Blow up your Day.
Last edited by AJQ32 on Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:05 am, edited 3 times in total.
Mu La Flaga

Hello Gundamn Trio.
Here is my question to ponder over, cutting to the chase.

The scenario of Paccific Rim plays out for real, aka Kaiju come to our universe,
here is the twist to this though, we don't have Jaegers, but we have wormhole/dimensional rip tech.
You're allowed to recruit 4-6 Super Robots to defend the Earth in the place of Jaegers, what would you select for this monumental task to stop the Kaiju?
Real robots are not up to the task of Kaiju slaying.

Note: If you select a certain series you would get the supporting mechs as extra ranks, for instance Godannar gets all 4-6 supporting units, Gravion gets God Sigma Gravion, Shinn Steel Jeeg gets the original Jeeg and so on.

Feel free to have fun with this one.
Until next time, Mu.
Last edited by Mu La Flaga on Mon Sep 23, 2013 3:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
yazi88

Hey Gundamn Crew I got a some questions:

1. With the new Gundam Extreme Vs Full Boost coming out next year for the PS3, what new suits what you like to see featured in the game that hasn't been in any of the previous entries? What signature super move would you give them as a burst attack? I would love to see Seric's custom Clanche as he was only good aspect of the 3rd generation of Age.

2. If you could swap any mecha to suit a pilot's style, who and what mecha would suit them best? I personally think a Sutherland Knightmare Frame or VF-1 Valkyrie would suit Chirico very well given his style of fast speed combat with guns blazing. Maybe give Kamille any mech that has a bayonet? Give at least 3 examples.

3. Have you guys ever played the PS2 game Zeonic Front? If so what are your thoughts and opinions on this game? I own it and have enjoyed the game quite a bit although it was quite difficult.

4. Chris and maybe Soulbro and Neo, given that you've seen the anime Heroic Age, would you also describe Bellcross as Shark-Face Space Hulk? Remember, he isn't the anti-Hulk.