Gundamn! Mailbag Drop Box

The home for everything about MAHQ's flagship podcast.
Mr Bushido

Re: Gundamn! Mailbag Drop Box

I'm not sure if this has been asked yet but would you guys like to see Gundam shows make a crossover. For example 2 universes that are independent of each other from some UC show and an AU come together and fight a common enemy. Something like the Gundam Musou games. I personally would like to see every Gundam protagonist from the other series and gang up on Kira and the Strike Freedom... put him in his place... like what Master Asia did in Gundam Musou 2. :D
501st Legion - Northern California Golden Gate Garrison
TK-3942 aka TK-EXIA
So the Geara Zulu has an Stg-44 and the Jesta has a Scar-H w/ holographic scope.
Captain America

Hello, Gundamn crew, I have been a long time listener, so if one of my two questions has been answered in one of the plethora of shows you guys have done, sorry for the waste of time.

What relationships in mecha would you like to have as canon? An example would be Amuro and Sayla at the end of MSG being my favorite.

If you could permanently make 5 changes in all of mecha, would you, and why?
As always love the show, good job, and continue for America.
Vent Noir

Sorry about commenting on someone else's post in this thread, but Cap, blue text on black is a pain in the arse to read. Please keep that in mind.
Vent Noir

@AJDynon on Twitter

April 7, 1979: The first episode of Mobile Suit Gundam premieres. Fanboys declare Gundam "Ruined FOREVER".
tehprognoob

Two questions:

[*]What are some random Resurrections in Gundam that shouldn't have happened, or some random instances of characters who get hit really, really hard not die? What comes to mind is Jesus Yamato surviving being run through the face by the Impulse's Excalibur, same thing with Athrun the Baptist and Meyrin Magdalene, Mwu La Flaga (pun, lol) (I can't think of a Biblical character to connect him to Team Jesus =_=)

[*]What are your thoughts on mecha musume-based shows?

Infinite Stratos

Busou Shinki Moon Angel

Strike Witches (LOL)

I can't think of any other, either...
Faithful soldier of the Hatsune Miku Scout Force

eanetdude

Why do we never hear Soul Bro's creative catchphrases before a segment anymore? e.g., "You're listening to the show with more punch than Captain Falcon. That's right, Gundamn at MAHQ!"
raijinz

eanetdude wrote:Why do we never hear Soul Bro's creative catchphrases before a segment anymore? e.g., "You're listening to the show with more punch than Captain Falcon. That's right, Gundamn at MAHQ!"
I miss those too!
////////////////
A Bright-slap is too good for you!!
PSN: roytecx
evipen

This May have been mentioned before, but there are so many shows that I'm only just attempting to catch up on.

I originally hated the ending of the 3rd Zeta movie, and it just gave everyone a happy ended as opposed to the bitter sweet ending of the original series. Originally I hated this ending, thinking it took away the shock of the conventional "Kill em all" Tomino that's we've all been accustomed to. But, ponder me this Batman. What if this was just a cruel ending in disguise. As opposed to ending this happily, what if this ending was really just a ruse, and that in fact, instead of saving Cammile's life, it actually ended hundreds of thousands of lives as a result? It's the Butterfly Effect so that instead of all of these new characters in ZZ and CCA doing what their doing, they either were never involved or never even existed...
You don't have to kill a cast, you can kill off an entire generation of people that could have been! When you look at it in the long run, seems pretty morbid to me.

Thanks guys and love the show!
tehprognoob

What are your favorite shots from Gundam (as in, pew pew)?
Mine was in Seed, when Rau shot the @#$% out of Flay's shuttle thingy. Trololol Jesus Yamato.

NastyNate

Do you guys ever plan on getting Gundam 0081 for the ps3? I know chris has tried it out but what about neo and sol bro? It would be totally awesome to get some 4 player Gundamn Co op.

It really has gone down in price. It is 30 dollars with free shipping on ebay and totally worth it. I have already put 145 hours into it.
"I am the way the truth and the life, no man comes to the Father but by me"-Jesus Christ

PSN, Xbox Live, Twitter: Nates4Christ
Red Comet90

Since I missed the Colony Drop Call In Show for the 4 year Anniversary I figured I'd ask my question here. Since the general most likely won't be on the show to answer this question what do you guys think he hates more, bronies or war orphans?

The proof of our might will forever be etched in your minds.

-- Haman Karn
awesome78

Here's a pretty weird/dumb question that was wondering in my mind during a long night of studying:

In the next Macross series what would you want the main music genre focus be? Would you want it to stay with pop music or would you want them to go back to rock and roll like in Macross 7 or would you like them to do a completely different genre like metal or hip hop. As for me I would like to see them do hip hop just for the hell of it and to see if they can pull it off.
anubis

Hey gundamn crew. I meant to ask these questions on the call in show, but I had a legal memo due the day after. As a side note, I really appreciated Chris's rant about how people on the internet seem to not know a thing about law.

1) I know soul bro watches this, but I'm wondering if Chris and Neo watch the new avengers cartoon and if so, what do you think of it?

2) Has there ever been a time in which you were pleasantly or unpleasantly suprised that bandai decided to make a model kit of a particular suit?

3) Is there any piece of mecha music that get's you really pumped up? I have some music from G gundam and Gaogaigar that I listen to on my mp3 player when I work out.
tehprognoob

Gundamn Crew

Y NO LOVE FOR EVANGELION?!?!

Mekton GM

I didnt get a chance to ask my questions during the call in so I'll ask them here.

What model kit that you actualy own would you take into a Gunpla Battle?

And my second.

Often during it's syndicated runs on televison Robotech was shown incomplete with many networks not airing the New Generation/Mospeada chapter of the series. Even Cartoon Network did not air the final chapter and I've heard all manner of story from "bad broadcast tapes" to "its too dark for kids." Eventualy I saw it on ADV's short lived Anime Network. I was wondering if you guys knew of some official reason on why The New Generation wasnt aired.
The Great great great great great great great great grandfather of HOWARD MASON!!!!!!
Xbox Live Gamertag: Anubis214
Mr Bushido

After thinking about stuff from the One Year War and other eras of war even extending to AUs, What do you guys think about the use of ballistics vs beam weaponry? I've seen some comments relating to this point in the past and some even go as far as complaining. What do you guys thinks?

Also given this transition, would you like to see a TV series when every suit used ballistics even the Gundam or special suit itself as opposed to having some hand-sized hi tech weapon where grunts would hi-tail it at the sight of a beam rifle?
501st Legion - Northern California Golden Gate Garrison
TK-3942 aka TK-EXIA
So the Geara Zulu has an Stg-44 and the Jesta has a Scar-H w/ holographic scope.
Mu La Flaga

Hello Gundamn Team.
I'm pulling in to the station and have pre-emptively Gundamjacked the Straight Talk Express for a hit and run.
Before Chris dives headlong in to reading my wall of text, I want to say sorry(in advance), but at least it's not Destiny Gundam 14 questions BIG post, since I know how much Chris loves reading walls of text :P

So I've come to address a topic Voltron and this entry has 2 parts to it.
I know how Chris and Neo feel when it comes to Voltron, but before you shrug off Voltron hear out my thoughts.

Part 1
Firstly I want to address the original series.
The original Voltron does not hold up well, but of the 2 Vehicle Force is better.
Here are a few quick reasons.

A)Unlike the Lion Team, Vehicle Force's base the 'Explorer' ship travels to planets to explore them for potential colonization and/or terraforming and thus, we get different stories and worlds to explore each episode kind of in the vein of Star Trek.
B)Vehicle Force does not suffer the same repetetive formula of protecting the Princess or castle or civiliians on a costant basis, ect
C)You also get nice battles sometimes between fleets of spacehips and all that.(not all the time though)

Part 2
Now the second point I want to address.
You guys have adressed your thoughts on nostalgia before, I agree.
It's good to see Voltron go somewhere new with a story and unlike Robotech spining it's wheels, they are doing that if you have read or heard or read the summary for "Voltron Force"
In the first few episode the Voltron Lions are reprogrammed, wipe out a town kill numerous people, property damage ect and is then deactivated and the Lions seperated, all of this the work of a Galaxy Garisson Officer traitor.

So in concluison I think it's good to see them(World Events Productions) try to put a new spin on things for the story direction.
And I would hate to see both Neo and Chris brush off a new attempt at a story for the Voltron universe.

In all fairness, Voltron was one of the trio in the 80s which introduced alot of people to mecha anime.

That is all I wanted to say and I want to hear Soul Bro's thoughts on this one.
Since Chris and Soul Bro discussed in episode 83 a simillar situation for Robotech.

Thanks for reading, keep up the interesting discussions gang.
Last edited by Mu La Flaga on Sun Dec 11, 2011 5:56 am, edited 9 times in total.
Seraphic
Location: Inside the barrel of Wing Zero's left Buster Rifle.

1. If you were given helm of your own Gundam series and had to create your own cast, what strategies would you employ to keep yaoi fans from violating your characters?*

*There is nothing wrong with yaoi. It's just that yaoi fans do a bad job of keeping it to themselves and it harms the rest of us when we come across it accidentally.

2. What is your opinion of the character designs of the Gundam series of the 2000's? I felt the characters were too pretty or sexualized and none of them looked normal or down-to-earth.

3. Has Gundam or any other sci-fi anime or show inspired you to learn some science you would have never looked into otherwise? What did you look into?

4. What are some of your favorite mechanical designs done by Katoki? (Hahaha, you guys can't fall back on Zeta MS now!)

5. Will you be importing Gundam Extreme VS in December? (I will likely need to wait for a price drop or maybe the sequel. Still hoping for Epyon.)

6. What are your favorite humor anime series? I really love Great Teacher Onizuka and School Rumble. Most anything by Akitaro Daichi is also excellent.

7. What is your personal advice to the audience this week?

8. Are you guys doing the right thing? I said, are you doing the right thing?!
"Red particles are bad, they mutate you into... dead? But green/blue particles are good, apparently, for reasons and for purposes yet to be determined. Isn't science sometimes nicely color-coded?"
-Antares

GW: The Sword . Sera's Art . Gameplay . The Lost Citadel
eanetdude

1. How many times must you kill that girl and her dog?

2. What's your analysis of the mechanical designs in the original Star Wars trilogy. From the ships, fighters, bases, props, reactor shafts... What are your favorites, ones that don't make sense to you, designs that could have been engineered better for more effective use. Are there any types of designs you would add to the trilogy?
gundamtype0

What up gang? This question is probably for Chris since I know he played Macross VF-X 2 from the PS1. Has it ever been revealed on who Aegis Focker is? How is he related to the sempai of sempais? His pimp hand also seems to as strong as Roy's since he dated almost every single bridge bunny (and I think his squadron mate too) in that game.
Raptor

Been pondering this myself since I heard of it, and was wondering what you guys thought.

Supposedly, one of the dropped plot points for Destiny was that Shinn would wind up on the Joule Team. Had that happened, Yzak was supposed to force Shinn to use a Zaku for one episode to teach him that it's the pilot, not the machine, and other awesome things, before Durandal called Shinn back for the last Arc of the show. My question is, do you think that Yzak would have pulled a Bright and whipped Shinn into shape, or would Shinn have just continued to rebel? Do you think that could have saved the series?

-Raptor, out.
Arbiter GUNDAM wrote:I'm going to have ten people run across a field, five of which I believe have superior qualities. I shall then toss a grenade in front of them to see who survives even though that course of action might kill all the people I wanted to save.