Yasumicon 2009 Extra!: The Hater's Vs Panel

The home for everything about MAHQ's flagship podcast.
Soul Bro Ryu

- Uncut/Explicit Version: 64 kbps - 1:04:15 (94:15) - 43.1 MB
WARNING: EXPLICIT LANGUAGE!!!

Panel Hosts: Austin Blake, Chris Guanche, Juan Mendez & Soul Bro Ryu

The long-awaited "Hater's Vs. Panel" that we recorded at Yasumicon 2009 has arrived. Our front-runner and 5-Star General of the Hatergon, Austin guides the audience through a whirlwind of things he despises. This panel was a riot to record and it was a packed house and many props to the audience for participating, Juan for making the Powerpoint Presentation that accompanied the panel, and Austin & Chris for making it entertaining!

For those that would like to view the powerpoint presentation (complete with videos, music and pictures), right click and save the link below!:
Haters Vs. Panel Powerpoint Presentation
(Size: 95.8 MB)

Thanks to all who attended and to all the listeners who support us!
Soul Bro Ryu
[email protected]

Peep the Websites!:
MAHQ.net - Gundamn.net - Gundamn! @ MechaTalk Forum - Level Nine - MAHQ.net @ Twitter - MySpace - FaceBook -Spill - Mevio - iTunes - Main RSS Feed

Sponsors & Special Offers:
GoDaddy - PETCO

Zune: zune://subscribe/?Gundamn=http://www.podshow.com/feeds/gundamntheshow.xml

[email protected]
Soul Bro Ryu
http://www.Gundamn.net
http://About.me/SoulBroRyu
Xbox Live: Soul Bro Ryu
PSN: Soul_Bro_Ryu
Kavik Ryx

Re: Yasumicon 2009 Extra!: The Hater's Vs Panel

Playa hate Digimon 02? Now that's just unacceptable. :D

Great job with the video tapes. Though you never know who still has a working vhs player.
VentZX

Well that was something else! I laughed heartily during the prize giveaway. And lemme just say, for Soul Bro And Neo, hating on the PS3's 'No Games', that got old in '08 playas. I'm sitting hear with a stack of amazing PS3 titles and loving it. ENJOY YO RED RINGS!

PEACE. :twisted:
hawk of endymion
Location: The Lord Larry King Memorial News Studio at the Gundamn News Tower, HB, CA

VentZX wrote:Well that was something else! I laughed heartily during the prize giveaway. And lemme just say, for Soul Bro And Neo, hating on the PS3's 'No Games', that got old in '08 playas. I'm sitting hear with a stack of amazing PS3 titles and loving it. ENJOY YO RED RINGS!

PEACE. :twisted:
Let me straighten this out, myself and Soul Bro do not HATE the PS3 or its games. Those comments are digs at General Hate for his constant barrage of 360 hate we have to endure on a daily basis. I'm about to buy a PS3 soon. So take those comments in terms of jest.
The Equation of the Robot Apocalypse:

The Admiral + Flashlight = Dead Robo

B.A., M.A., PhD,
The Yoshiyuki Tomino School of Film.
"You draw'em, we kill'em!"

[email protected]

PSN/XBOX Live: NeoLorroke
Red Comet90

I haven't listened to the episode yet, but I was there for most of the panel and this was hilarious! I was laughing so hard at everything be hated on. From the video of Nicol's death to Vic being shown twice which was way too funny. Why was Sakura from Naruto on the list if shes not a guy? :lol:

Btw thanks for my little pony! Best prize I've ever won. :mrgreen:
The proof of our might will forever be etched in your minds.

-- Haman Karn
Vent Noir

The talk about JCon... I'v been on the committee for Manifest (Melbourne Anime Festival) for several years now, and last year everything seemed to go wrong. I can't discuss the details, but there was a major implosion within the committee in the leadup to the event, and we also had some big problems with the program book that made things hell on the day. Thankfully, these problems seem to have been sorted out this year.
Vent Noir

@AJDynon on Twitter

April 7, 1979: The first episode of Mobile Suit Gundam premieres. Fanboys declare Gundam "Ruined FOREVER".
VentZX

hawk of endymion wrote:Let me straighten this out, myself and Soul Bro do not HATE the PS3 or its games. Those comments are digs at General Hate for his constant barrage of 360 hate we have to endure on a daily basis. I'm about to buy a PS3 soon. So take those comments in terms of jest.
HAHA, I understand. I thought I would get in character and do a bit of hating of my own, mind you, clearly in jest. There was so much hate spewing from Austin that it kind of infected me a bit. Seriously though, it was all rather hilarious. Make sure to add me when you do get a PS3.
CanadaMan

Great panel guys! Good on Neo for his little cameo near the end.
SoulBro, to counter the Hateagon's list, you'll need to make your own "Official SoulBro's Men List", complete with clips of their greatest feats.
Now Advertising for Gundamn! in Vancouver
Twitter
hotlimit

Boo for hating on Digimon 02, yay for the girl at the end hating on Digimon Frontier.
Red Comet90

CanadaMan wrote:Great panel guys! Good on Neo for his little cameo near the end.
SoulBro, to counter the Hateagon's list, you'll need to make your own "Official SoulBro's Men List", complete with clips of their greatest feats.
I don't think Soul Bro's Men are capable of any great feats besides attempting to pilot a Gundam and failing like Sai did. :lol:
The proof of our might will forever be etched in your minds.

-- Haman Karn
snoops619

Will this be up on iTunes or is it too explicit?
3,000,000,000 points. I can almost taste the brownies.
Chris
Administrator

snoops619 wrote:Will this be up on iTunes or is it too explicit?
This was brought up on Twitter, and Adam mentioned it was too explicit for our regular feed. You can download it and import it to iTunes yourself.
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his
Ohmygodiamonfire

Oh wow, this is making this friday awesome.
ShadowCell wrote:"...we'll, uh, do the same thing that the original Neue Ziel did."
"Which is...?"
"Crash into stuff."
"...oh."
CanadaMan

Red Comet90 wrote:
CanadaMan wrote:Great panel guys! Good on Neo for his little cameo near the end.
I don't think Soul Bro's Men are capable of any great feats besides attempting to pilot a Gundam and failing like Sai did. :lol:
It's all about perspective; to Sai, crashing the Strike was the greatest feat he had ever accomplished. To Kira it was Tuesday.
Now Advertising for Gundamn! in Vancouver
Twitter
VentZX

hotlimit wrote:Boo for hating on Digimon 02, yay for the girl at the end hating on Digimon Frontier.
what are you talking about? Frontier was SO much better than Adventure 2.
Kavik Ryx

Boo for any Digimon hate. It's the only anime I saw on network television that I still respect. Also boo the hate for Vic.

BTW, when you guys go to JACON and Comicon, do you go as attendees, or members of the press?
Soul Bro Ryu

Kavik Ryx wrote:BTW, when you guys go to JACON and Comicon, do you go as attendees, or members of the press?
Attendees, at least as far a Comic-con is concerned. I'd like to go as a member of the press, but after meeting up with my podcasting heroes from Spill.com at SDCC and heard about how security at CC gives random press folks random kinds of access, even having a press pass doesn't guarantee you access to all events. Well, unless you're from a major media outlet.

However, it does raise your chances compared to getting into big events the normal way, and when I go again (probably in 2011), I will most definitely apply for one. ^_^

Back to the Hater's Vs Panel, can anyone translate the Spanish-speaking woman during the intro of this episode? Even though I edited it, I have no clue what she's saying.
Soul Bro Ryu
http://www.Gundamn.net
http://About.me/SoulBroRyu
Xbox Live: Soul Bro Ryu
PSN: Soul_Bro_Ryu
hotlimit

Maybe I need to rewatch 02, but I'm sure I didn't like Frontier.
Chris
Administrator

Soul Bro Ryu wrote:Back to the Hater's Vs Panel, can anyone translate the Spanish-speaking woman during the intro of this episode? Even though I edited it, I have no clue what she's saying.
A direct translation posted here would get ZOINKS'd by the filter. Basically, she's saying he's a son of a bitch, full of crap (in more explicit terms) and lied to people about sleeping with her.
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his
ZeroBusterXX

This was the funniest one yet guys. It had some of the greatest lines I have ever heard.
Spoiler
You're supposed to use a table, not a ZOINKS!!
will go down in history as Chris' finest words.

Also: Where did you guys get those "prizes"? Did you just go and and pool all your old crappy VHS tapes, or did someone donate those?