Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Podcasts » Gundamn! @ MAHQ




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
 Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 11:01 am 
Offline
Lackey GM Pilot
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 2:15 pm
Posts: 70
Location: Hongcouver
Well it's not like you spoiled how he died ...
The Blond Ace Strikes!

_________________
Now Advertising for Gundamn! in Vancouver
Twitter


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 11:27 am 
Offline
Ill-informed Newscaster
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2006 11:06 am
Posts: 807
Location: The Lord Larry King Memorial News Studio at the Gundamn News Tower, HB, CA
CanadaMan wrote:
Well it's not like you spoiled how he died ...
The Blond Ace Strikes!


Thank you. That's what I said. You see things the way I do.

_________________
The Equation of the Robot Apocalypse:

The Admiral + Flashlight = Dead Robo

B.A., M.A., PhD,
The Yoshiyuki Tomino School of Film.
"You draw'em, we kill'em!"

neomahq@gmail.com

PSN/XBOX Live: NeoLorroke


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 2:51 pm 
Offline
Podcast Superstar*
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 21, 2007 2:09 pm
Posts: 491
Location: Orlando, FL
hawk of endymion wrote:
Call it my "Soul Bro Spoiling the News" moment.


Don't mention me. This is totally your moment to shine. ^_^

_________________
Soul Bro Ryu
http://www.Gundamn.net
http://About.me/SoulBroRyu
Xbox Live: Soul Bro Ryu
PSN: Soul_Bro_Ryu


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 3:00 pm 
Offline
Ill-informed Newscaster
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2006 11:06 am
Posts: 807
Location: The Lord Larry King Memorial News Studio at the Gundamn News Tower, HB, CA
Soul Bro Ryu wrote:
hawk of endymion wrote:
Call it my "Soul Bro Spoiling the News" moment.


Don't mention me. This is totally your moment to shine. ^_^


Gotta take the heat off you till the next call-in show.

_________________
The Equation of the Robot Apocalypse:

The Admiral + Flashlight = Dead Robo

B.A., M.A., PhD,
The Yoshiyuki Tomino School of Film.
"You draw'em, we kill'em!"

neomahq@gmail.com

PSN/XBOX Live: NeoLorroke


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 4:02 pm 
Offline
Lackey GM Pilot
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 01, 2008 1:05 pm
Posts: 91
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I come on here after ripping my ear off(not really) to praise Soul Bro for saving me from Neo's Spoilerific Geass ending, and what do I find? Chris and Neo Talking about that Spoiler! I Did not rip my own EAR OFF(funny story) to see you mess up a good show for people like me! Now like how I ripped my ear off(It is funny,PM me for the tale) I will rip Neo and Chris off the internet and celebrate Gundamn with Soul Bro Ryu and Muffins!(My sisters idea of a good time) Now that better be messing around and not really the ending on this forum(Me keeping what little faith in you here) Or Ill Be Ripping you like My Ear!(Again with the Ear, it is not really gone, yet it's still funny)


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 8:34 pm 
Offline
Ill-informed Newscaster
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2006 11:06 am
Posts: 807
Location: The Lord Larry King Memorial News Studio at the Gundamn News Tower, HB, CA
Robo Jason Mk1 wrote:
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I come on here after ripping my ear off(not really) to praise Soul Bro for saving me from Neo's Spoilerific Geass ending, and what do I find? Chris and Neo Talking about that Spoiler! I Did not rip my own EAR OFF(funny story) to see you mess up a good show for people like me! Now like how I ripped my ear off(It is funny,PM me for the tale) I will rip Neo and Chris off the internet and celebrate Gundamn with Soul Bro Ryu and Muffins!(My sisters idea of a good time) Now that better be messing around and not really the ending on this forum(Me keeping what little faith in you here) Or Ill Be Ripping you like My Ear!(Again with the Ear, it is not really gone, yet it's still funny)


What I said is only a fraction of the R2 story, believe there are bigger twists that happen.

_________________
The Equation of the Robot Apocalypse:

The Admiral + Flashlight = Dead Robo

B.A., M.A., PhD,
The Yoshiyuki Tomino School of Film.
"You draw'em, we kill'em!"

neomahq@gmail.com

PSN/XBOX Live: NeoLorroke


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 1:22 am 
Offline
Lackey GM Pilot
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 2:15 pm
Posts: 70
Location: Hongcouver
hawk of endymion wrote:
Robo Jason Mk1 wrote:
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I come on here after ripping my ear off(not really) to praise Soul Bro for saving me from Neo's Spoilerific Geass ending, and what do I find? Chris and Neo Talking about that Spoiler! I Did not rip my own EAR OFF(funny story) to see you mess up a good show for people like me! Now like how I ripped my ear off(It is funny,PM me for the tale) I will rip Neo and Chris off the internet and celebrate Gundamn with Soul Bro Ryu and Muffins!(My sisters idea of a good time) Now that better be messing around and not really the ending on this forum(Me keeping what little faith in you here) Or Ill Be Ripping you like My Ear!(Again with the Ear, it is not really gone, yet it's still funny)


What I said is only a fraction of the R2 story, believe there are bigger twists that happen.


Look at it this way, when I was in Florida for Yasumicon, SoulBro hinted that Geass Ep 22 would pull the rug out from under my feet, and some random Con-goer at the Gunpla panel spoiled Euphemia's death for me. At that time, I was relying upon Cartoon Network (I think ... what channel were we on when Bebop came on?) for my Geass fix, so I was at the point where Diethard joined the Black Knights.

_________________
Now Advertising for Gundamn! in Vancouver
Twitter


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 8:18 am 
Offline
Newtype Emo Guy
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2007 11:57 pm
Posts: 319
Location: Canada
Robo Jason Mk1 wrote:
I come on here after ripping my ear off(not really) to praise Soul Bro for saving me from Neo's Spoilerific Geass ending, and what do I find? Chris and Neo Talking about that Spoiler!

I've long since given up on trying to avoid spoilers for new shows. I doubt I'll even watch Gundam 00 for a few years since I pretty much know what is going to happen. Though this place isn't nearly as bad spoiler wise.

That was a great episode, though a lot of the summary of the Gundam franchise could have been left out. It's not like the podcast listeners don't already know all of that.
I laughed pretty hard at what the guys from Level Nine said about Gundamn! I want an entire episode of that: nothing but shame and disrespect to put all us Gundam fans in our place.

Series to recommend:
FLAG
Heroic Age
Gun X Sword

Series to avoid:
Overman King Gainer (I'm going to take a lot of flak for this)
Samurai Deeper Kyo (not mecha but still one of the only anime I've ever dropped)


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 6:37 pm 
Offline
Lackey GM Pilot
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 01, 2008 1:05 pm
Posts: 91
Sorry about that. I was going from laying roses at SBR's door to ripping my own ear off(The other one) so * THey Say it on the first page of this topic!

I Think more people should watch Area 88 (TV). It is not mecha, yet it is a good view.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:10 pm 
Offline
Ill-informed Newscaster
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2006 11:06 am
Posts: 807
Location: The Lord Larry King Memorial News Studio at the Gundamn News Tower, HB, CA
Robo Jason Mk1 wrote:
I Think more people should watch Area 88 (TV). It is not mecha, yet it is a good view.


The Area 88 OVA is pretty good too. Poor Shin, that man went through some crap.

_________________
The Equation of the Robot Apocalypse:

The Admiral + Flashlight = Dead Robo

B.A., M.A., PhD,
The Yoshiyuki Tomino School of Film.
"You draw'em, we kill'em!"

neomahq@gmail.com

PSN/XBOX Live: NeoLorroke


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:18 pm 
Offline
Lackey GM Pilot
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 01, 2008 1:05 pm
Posts: 91
hawk of endymion wrote:
Robo Jason Mk1 wrote:
I Think more people should watch Area 88 (TV). It is not mecha, yet it is a good view.


The Area 88 OVA is pretty good too. Poor Shin, that man went through some crap.

The Recent TV series was good to. Don't get discourage by the CG it fits with that show.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:24 am 
Offline
Monster of the Week
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 23, 2007 1:28 pm
Posts: 1797
Location: Expatriating in Tel Aviv
hawk of endymion wrote:
Robo Jason Mk1 wrote:
I Think more people should watch Area 88 (TV). It is not mecha, yet it is a good view.


The Area 88 OVA is pretty good too. Poor Shin, that man went through some crap.


Area 88 is probably the best OVA I've seen in its entirety. Such a heart breaker though.

I second Thanatos on Flag, which is perhaps Takahashi's most human. Though I disagree with him on King Gainer. Definitely Tomino's funniest ever. And of course, GaoGaiGar can always use more love.


Oh, and Chris, consider yourself lucky you only saw the first MD Geist. It may have been god awful, but Death Force is actually painful to watch. Worst anime I've seen aside from Eiken. That one causes nausea as well.

_________________
Taka Tora Bata

http://nihonreview.com/


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 12:37 pm 
Offline
Canada's Finest Lolicon Expert
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 03, 2006 12:36 pm
Posts: 4497
Location: In the back of the Party Van
I found Flag to be incredibly boring. Sure, it may have a real unique style of storytelling, but it's no good if I'm falling asleep during it. So I'd say avoid that one if you're sleep deprived. Or perhaps that's all the more reason to watch it. Could cure your insomnia.

_________________
From the abyss blacker than darkness, it is the shadow cast by the light of science.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 1:50 pm 
Offline
Cardboard Leo Ace
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2008 1:54 pm
Posts: 41
Location: Dancing on the Planet Dance
Awesome podcast as always guys. Wasn't able to make it Sunday cause of work. Listening to the podcast I realized I totally phrased my last question wrong so I'll re-phrase the question:

"what do you guys think will be the future of gundam merchandise in the US?"

hawk of endymion wrote:
Robo Jason Mk1 wrote:
I Think more people should watch Area 88 (TV). It is not mecha, yet it is a good view.


The Area 88 OVA is pretty good too. Poor Shin, that man went through some crap.
The TV series was good, but man, shin was one of the most crapped on characters ever.

Also on the note of Neo's spoiler: at least he didn't tell everyone how it happened(Though I think I might have yelled "Suzaku did it!" after the spoiler :twisted: )

_________________
PSN: Ed_The_Crimson
Twitter: @bullet_beast
The Unofficial Hunter X Hunter Podcast

Awesome quotes
Spoiler: show
Chris wrote:
One day you could be the Chief Gundam Officer for Bandai. It's my Dream it could be yours too.

Kamina wrote:
Throw out logic and make the impossible possible.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 1:55 pm 
Offline
Ill-informed Newscaster
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2006 11:06 am
Posts: 807
Location: The Lord Larry King Memorial News Studio at the Gundamn News Tower, HB, CA
Kavik Ryx wrote:
And of course, GaoGaiGar can always use more love.


And it will shortly. Anyone who doesn't enjoy GaoGaiGar has no soul.

_________________
The Equation of the Robot Apocalypse:

The Admiral + Flashlight = Dead Robo

B.A., M.A., PhD,
The Yoshiyuki Tomino School of Film.
"You draw'em, we kill'em!"

neomahq@gmail.com

PSN/XBOX Live: NeoLorroke


Last edited by hawk of endymion on Wed Mar 11, 2009 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 1:59 pm 
Offline
Oblivious Harem Loser
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 07, 2008 3:57 pm
Posts: 3930
Location: side 3; watchin' out for Zabis
hawk of endymion wrote:
Kavik Ryx wrote:
And of course, GaoGaiGar can always use more love.

And it will shortly. Anyone who doesn't enjoy GaoGaiGar has no soul.

true words have never been spoken.

_________________
"If You are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve" -Captain Harlock

"I like the SAGA. Its what Rambo would pilot if he was in Gundam 00" -Kylern


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 2:02 pm 
Offline
Bald Wizard
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 02, 2006 5:20 pm
Posts: 4524
Location: Miami, FL
thanatos wrote:
That was a great episode, though a lot of the summary of the Gundam franchise could have been left out. It's not like the podcast listeners don't already know all of that.


You have to remember that live shows need to serve two audiences. You can't assume that someone wandering into our panel at the convention knows as much as hardcore fans who visit MAHQ and listen to Gundamn. It doesn't hurt you to hear things you already know, but it would be a disservice to the live audience to not explain things they may not know.

_________________
"What did catch my eye, however, was a podcast named Gundamn!. At first I thought it was a podcast about firearms and [rednecks] discussing their collection, but after looking at the episode titles I was sold." - Xhavalor

PSN: amuromsz006
3DS: 1177-6671-6035


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:31 pm 
Offline
Mecha Flunky
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2008 9:39 pm
Posts: 14
Location: Seattle, WA, USA
Awesome show guys. There was some mike volume problems early on so SoulBro's comments are hard to hear in the first forum.

You guys missed some classic mecha series. The Mazinger (Mazinger Z, Great Mazinger, UFO Robot Grendizer, Mazinkaiser) and Getter Robo (too many remakes and OVAs to mention) franchises are some good old fashioned super robot shows.

Bertman

PS. I'm so glad you mentioned Legend of the Galactic Heroes. It's a wonderful space opera.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:39 pm 
Offline
Ill-informed Newscaster
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2006 11:06 am
Posts: 807
Location: The Lord Larry King Memorial News Studio at the Gundamn News Tower, HB, CA
bertman4 wrote:
Awesome show guys. There was some mike volume problems early on so SoulBro's comments are hard to hear in the first forum.

You guys missed some classic mecha series. The Mazinger (Mazinger Z, Great Mazinger, UFO Robot Grendizer, Mazinkaiser) and Getter Robo (too many remakes and OVAs to mention) franchises are some good old fashioned super robot shows.

Bertman

PS. I'm so glad you mentioned Legend of the Galactic Heroes. It's a wonderful space opera.


The room was in the old part of the convention center, so the acostics were sub par.

_________________
The Equation of the Robot Apocalypse:

The Admiral + Flashlight = Dead Robo

B.A., M.A., PhD,
The Yoshiyuki Tomino School of Film.
"You draw'em, we kill'em!"

neomahq@gmail.com

PSN/XBOX Live: NeoLorroke


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 2:04 am 
Offline
Creepy Bishonen
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 21, 2008 2:43 pm
Posts: 164
Location: Underground Base
Excellent show guys. I especially liked Chris's interview with the Funimation rep. It was very professional and he asked really good questions. I've heard his profession has something to do with journalism, and it definitely shows in this interview. What was that weird thumping noise in the background during the first segment though? It kind of sounded like someone taping a table over and over again.

The absolute worst anime I have ever had the displeasure of seeing is called Space Transformers. It has nothing to do with Transformers or space for that matter. Plus the DVD cover has poorly drawn versions of Kaneda and a gundam on it which obviously have nothing to do with the movie.

_________________
Tell me why, at this turning point in our history, must we fight amongst each other and further pollute the earth?
- Char Aznable, Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam


Top 
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
 
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Board index » Podcasts » Gundamn! @ MAHQ


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

 
 

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to: