General Feedback Thread Mark II

The home for everything about MAHQ's flagship podcast.
Chris
Administrator

Re: General Feedback Thread Mark II

I guess I don't see what the need is because you could do that now yourself. To use your example in a different way, an episode comes out and you see Patlabor is mentioned in the show notes. You then watch the DVDs and after that listen to the episode. Let's say that takes you a couple of days. It also takes a couple of days for the episode to come out, so even if you knew in advance what the topic was, it'd still take you a few days to watch the anime. So basically it's the same thing.
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his
Amuro Ray of v

Chris wrote:I guess I don't see what the need is because you could do that now yourself. To use your example in a different way, an episode comes out and you see Patlabor is mentioned in the show notes. You then watch the DVDs and after that listen to the episode. Let's say that takes you a couple of days. It also takes a couple of days for the episode to come out, so even if you knew in advance what the topic was, it'd still take you a few days to watch the anime. So basically it's the same thing.
I guess your right, in the end its not needed. I was only trying to help. Thank you for hearing this out.
One of these days I'm gonna get Bright!
Solar Radio Wave
"Video games are evil."
-Yoshiyuki Tomino
The "v" in my name is whatever you think it is.
jcncasval76

Chris,

I have noticed something in the MAHQ website that needs to added. Apparently, I have to go back to the episodes list link to find the next episode or the episode prior of what readers are viewing. Would it be possible to add that function in the near future?
Please don't make me quoting certain wrestlers' catchphrases (What?!) or you don't want to find out how nasty it gets (What?!). Tell me you didn't just say that (What?!)
Chris
Administrator

There's no need for any change since browsers have back buttons and many mice these days have back buttons that do the same thing.
jcncasval76

Chris wrote:There's no need for any change since browsers have back buttons and many mice these days have back buttons that do the same thing.
Chris, it's just a thought, via some "old school" idea when I learned web design a few years back. Overall, your current website is far better than the "all-blue" look.
Please don't make me quoting certain wrestlers' catchphrases (What?!) or you don't want to find out how nasty it gets (What?!). Tell me you didn't just say that (What?!)
Arbiter GUNDAM

I think I'll post comments on the older episodes here.

Great run on episode 28. That had to be the most heated discussion I've heard on the show as I've been catching up. Are you guys and Peter even still talking? :lol:

But I agree, G-Saviour is total crap, no redeeming qualities at all and has probably doomed any chance of another live-action attempt, even in this day and age.
I can fly if I ride the wind! Gori gori!

--Freyja Wion
Arbiter GUNDAM

Just listened to episode 29, another solid episode. SEED, as flawed as it is, is still a good show IMO. But Fukuda has blacklisted himself forever with me. I mean, seriously, SEED just happens to be the first Gundam show to have an actual, bona-fide SEX SCENE in it? For no real reason?(as far as I know) He's definitely the Michael Bay of Gundams.

--Freyja Wion
Arbiter GUNDAM

The way you're carrying on in the last two episodes,(32 and 31) the trolls must have been really annoying during 00s2. Was it really that bad?

--Freyja Wion
Mu La Flaga

Just a little feedback idea since I already sent Soul Bro a PM about it.
BUT with him getting married and all, I was wondering if it might be an idea to have a thread for tagline submissions?
Since sometimes people get ideas, usually they ge lost in threads of episodes and all that.

So just a thought of mine.
Dollow

I have notice with the Gundam Unicorn english site, that just like the japanese sites, we are getting updated information all time with it, unlike the Gundam 00 site and other anime sites too, I personally think that that is all do in no small part on you. Thank you guys for bringing the awearness of mecha in the online internet up in the States.
Agent Zero of Team Neo
Everywhere I have searched for peace and nowhere have I found it, except in a corner with a book
Dollow's Blog
Dollow's Twitter
Chris
Administrator

Dollow wrote:I have notice with the Gundam Unicorn english site, that just like the japanese sites, we are getting updated information all time with it, unlike the Gundam 00 site and other anime sites too, I personally think that that is all do in no small part on you. Thank you guys for bringing the awearness of mecha in the online internet up in the States.
Thanks, but that's not something we can take any credit for. The English Unicorn site is just a translation of the Japanese Unicorn site, both of which are run by Sunrise. The English 00 site is run by Bandai Entertainment, which is a lot slower and prone to ignoring its sites.
Dollow

Chris wrote:
Dollow wrote:I have notice with the Gundam Unicorn english site, that just like the japanese sites, we are getting updated information all time with it, unlike the Gundam 00 site and other anime sites too, I personally think that that is all do in no small part on you. Thank you guys for bringing the awearness of mecha in the online internet up in the States.
Thanks, but that's not something we can take any credit for. The English Unicorn site is just a translation of the Japanese Unicorn site, both of which are run by Sunrise. The English 00 site is run by Bandai Entertainment, which is a lot slower and prone to ignoring its sites.
Still... I give you guys credit for some of it, as we know that some listining to the show might be able to help in the anime world in the US. :wink:
Agent Zero of Team Neo
Everywhere I have searched for peace and nowhere have I found it, except in a corner with a book
Dollow's Blog
Dollow's Twitter
Mu La Flaga

A small feedback note, can we some more listener participation topics in future?
I mean yeah we have the mailbag for questions.
But say we could have topics with a poll or type up an opinion or answers for 1-2 questions.

That kind of thing, would be fun, probably got some coming up in time.
NastyNate

Thanks for the information on msg abridged on youtube. I have been watching and find it very funny.
"I am the way the truth and the life, no man comes to the Father but by me"-Jesus Christ

PSN, Xbox Live, Twitter: Nates4Christ
Dollow

It has been a while since I have left some feedback, so here goes.

The show has been overall solid at the beginning of the year from episodes 45 to 50; aside from one ep the topics are really good. I will say I wasn’t really feeling the BSG or the Firefly eps as I have notice I have less and less love for live-action in general, but they were still very well put together and covered most of the shows and movies they were about, I give Iron Man a little bit of a pass as that was done once before and lost to “the sea of junk data”.

The editing has got a lot better as the show sounds better and the humor has gone up as well that it lightens up what might be a very depressing topic. Not to mention the random buzzing is gone.

I will say I really do miss the reviews, even if I look at the list I feel like anime reviews have taken a backseat to a lot of the fan topics, I like the fan topics but like when you guys did “Ep. 061 All The Best Pilots Have Daddy Issues” I really like the topic, but devoting a whole ep to it seems a bit much to me as I always feel a little shortchange in the end, the same goes for “Ep. 060 Ice Cold Haterade!”.

In the end I know podcasting is very hard and you guys know what works and what doesn’t for you and the show of Gundamn, and I understand that you do what is need to do to keep the show going for another three years, and I will listen to the show still as your one of the few podcasts that I still listen to.

Happy Year Four guys! Keep up the great work.

Your Fan

Dollow Rlance
Last edited by Dollow on Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Agent Zero of Team Neo
Dollow's Blog
Dollow's Twitter
Mu La Flaga

I fell simillarly it's been a while since an anime spotlight or 2 popped up.

I mean the last one was on Gunbuster and Diebuster and the Ghost in the Shell roundup.
And that is not counting the "anime toilet" segments on MD Geist and Robotech the Shadow Chronicles.

It's probably an idea to dig in to the pile of anime spotlight suggestions and clear the backlog a little.

So that could be a suggestion for the Gundamn crew.
Keeps on giving you guys ideas, I did notice the slight negativity lately between focusing on bad parents in mecha anime, Austin's return, anime toilet spotlights and then there was the whole last episode focused on the negative aspect of the net and all.

I agree with Dollow's opinion.
Although don't get me wrong loved episode 60 and the anime toilet segments shaming titles that deserve it.

Thanks for keeping the show 90% of the time interesting :P
Last edited by Mu La Flaga on Fri Oct 07, 2011 4:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chris
Administrator

Anime Spotlights can be really tricky sometimes, because ideally, if we're going to discuss a series, we want it to be something that we've all watched. If we haven't all watched something, that can slow things down because we need to take the time to watch it. For example, we all need to re-watch season 2 of GitS after so long, which is why you haven't seen us do that series yet. I hope people can appreciate how time-consuming it is to do all the things in a podcast that are necessary before we even pick up a microphone.
Mu La Flaga

As I s said don't get me wrong.
It's been a bit since done one, the last main big mech one was Gunbuster.
Can see how Ghost in the Shell was elected for it's other parts.

But then again it's like how Neo has reviewed Full Metal Panic on another podcast, but hasn't come around on Gundamn yet. :P
Dollow

Chris wrote:Anime Spotlights can be really tricky sometimes, because ideally, if we're going to discuss a series, we want it to be something that we've all watched. If we haven't all watched something, that can slow things down because we need to take the time to watch it. For example, we all need to re-watch season 2 of GitS after so long, which is why you haven't seen us do that series yet. I hope people can appreciate how time-consuming it is to do all the things in a podcast that are necessary before we even pick up a microphone.
I understand, I am just saying that I miss them, and that it would be nice if have another anime spotlight one more time, before the end of the year. I know its very hard do, and please don't I am trolling; I want to do is to say some things that I miss in the show that's all.

Thank you for reading Chris.
Agent Zero of Team Neo
Dollow's Blog
Dollow's Twitter
thehod

Alert the all of Mecha talk. SBR has finally gotten a PS3.

My man Soul Bro has confirmed he has bought a PS3. Let this news be known to all the Soul Bro haters out there (especially you Austin).

signed,
The Hod
Captain of the Soul Bro Defense Force SBDF

On a more serious note. I have enjoyed Gundamn! 2010 and I am looking forward to what 2011 has to offer. Chris, Soul Bro, and Neo keep up the great job and hope to see you all at Megacon 2011. Also more debates with Austin vs SBR.