General Feedback Thread Mark II

The home for everything about MAHQ's flagship podcast.
hawk of endymion
Location: The Lord Larry King Memorial News Studio at the Gundamn News Tower, HB, CA

General Feedback Thread Mark II

Alright Everyone;

Since the original Idea Submission and Feedback Thread had to be locked due to page length. We've split up the threads to make it easier for everyone.

The only rules here:

1. If your post applies to a topic we've spoken about in a previous podcast, post it there.

2. All other posts about GUNDAMN@MAHQ, post them here.

Also, please follow the thread rules of Mecha Talk and MAHQ.net.
The Equation of the Robot Apocalypse:

The Admiral + Flashlight = Dead Robo

B.A., M.A., PhD,
The Yoshiyuki Tomino School of Film.
"You draw'em, we kill'em!"

[email protected]

PSN/XBOX Live: NeoLorroke
Kidrobot

Hi
I just found out about your podcast, so i'm kinda late to the party lol
I'm currently on episode 4 and I just wanted to say thanks for your general input in Gundam and mech anime
I'm also from florida and i've been to the Florida Oriental Trading shop a few times!
Keep up the good work guys :)
Robots will soon take over the world!
ORegan

While not about the podcasts or anything about the content, I do have something to say about GUNDAMN@MAHQ, which is cool according to rule 2, so here we go. :D

I now officially own GUNDAM@MAHQ. The proof can be seen here. As the new owner, deity, and omnipotent being of the podcast, I have two demands that are non-negotiable.

1. At the end of each episode, you must credit me as owner.

2. Chris must speak as a pirate at all times.
mcred23 wrote: Well... it's official: O'Regan is the next Hitler.
WhiteWingDemon wrote: Not to start anything, seeing as that is O'Regan's job...
ShadowCell wrote: O'Regan, quit hitting on other users.
Orrick Alexander wrote: Did anyone know that O'Regan is the reason there's no air in space?
hawk of endymion
Location: The Lord Larry King Memorial News Studio at the Gundamn News Tower, HB, CA

Kidrobot, thanks for listening.

O'Reagan, hmm, Chris speaking as a pirate. I'll see what he thinks.

B.A., M.A., PhD,

[email protected]

Kidrobot

I have alot of catching up to do
I listen to 1 podcast in the morning and one at night ^^
hawk of endymion

Kidrobot wrote:I have alot of catching up to do
You should be caught up in no time then.

B.A., M.A., PhD,

[email protected]

CanadaMan

Kidrobot wrote:I have alot of catching up to do
When you're done those, find and listen to Level Nine and Flip the Script.
Now Advertising for Gundamn! in Vancouver
Twitter
Kidrobot

^ Yeah, Flip the script sounds like a great podcast
During the Gundamn commercials I hear little clips from it and it sounds like they're having a good time :)
I will definitly check it out!
Valmanway

What's this? New episode of Flip the Script?

Thank God! I've been waiting for this for a long time. Thanks guys.
CanadaMan

Valmanway wrote:What's this? New episode of Flip the Script?

Good to have the old crew back together again. Neo, don't let them rag on you for saying "eh?" or enjoying Canadian Super-group Rush. We'll drink together with some good beer.
Twitter
hawk of endymion

CanadaMan wrote:
Valmanway wrote:What's this? New episode of Flip the Script?

Good to have the old crew back together again. Neo, don't let them rag on you for saying "eh?" or enjoying Canadian Super-group Rush. We'll drink together with some good beer.
My use of the word "eh" is that bad as much as it used to be. People like making fun of Rush, but you never hear "Rush Sucks".

B.A., M.A., PhD,

[email protected]

BenGP02

Re: General Feedback Thread Mark II

hey,
i'm new to this forum but have been visiting mahq.net for ages. discovered your podcast a few months back. i think they're awesome. nice to find there are others out their who love gundam as much as i do.
liubei013

Heya,

I knew about the podcast a year ago as I visit MAHQ often (usually for the specs and some reviews) but I didn't start listening to the actual podcast until just this January or February. Call me crazy, but I managed to finally catch up. Yeah...I listened to every episode from 1 to 33, as well as the Cons and specials. (...and I just DL'ed ep 34...)

Your podcast was (and will continue to be) highly entertaining and informative. I'll admit I was one of those who was turned off by Turn-A's designs, but listening to the general comments of that particular Spotlight got me into it. I've watched a couple of episodes and I have yet to be truly disappointed. Thanks for that and other mecha highlights. (I'm saving up $$ for VOTOMS as well. :D )
AnimeMun

Hey, I would like to slip in a catchphrase suggestion for the next podcast. You guys can take it or leave it. But I just have to get it out there because its one of the many reasons I listen to the podcast.

"Welcome to the show whose hosts have dirtier mouths than a sailor scout's, this is GUNDAMN!!!@MAHQ!"

Or perhaps even...

"Welcome to the show with more head shots than....wait, this isn't 00 this is GUNDAMN!@MAHQ!"
A supporter of the HARO mafia.

The Cross-Culture Hero.

This should probably be a secret but... MY NAME IS ANIME-MUN!
CanadaMan

"Welcome to the show whose hosts have dirtier mouths than a sailor scout's, this is GUNDAMN!!!@MAHQ!"

That would be better suited for Flip The Script.
Twitter
AnimeMun

CanadaMan wrote:"Welcome to the show whose hosts have dirtier mouths than a sailor scout's, this is GUNDAMN!!!@MAHQ!"

That would be better suited for Flip The Script.
I've only listened to Gundamn! and Level Nine, haven't gotten to Flip the Script yet.

The Cross-Culture Hero.

GundamMaker01

I was unsure about what heading to post under but, whatever. I was wondering if you guys were gonna be at Anime Weekend Atlanta this September and, if you are, are you gonna have a panel?
I can't stand the weak; They're always nervous about when they'll be next attacked. They can't trust anybody and they never have an opinion of their own. I can't stand such people!

"Hey Nicol! Batter Up!!!" - Kira Yamato

Gundamium Alloy

I hope this post is in the right location. Was hoping you guys could do a show that included a segment about Gundam collectibles. For instance, model kits/action figures, or anything else Gundam. You could discuss, the various kinds of Gundam model kits (no grade, HG, MG, PG). What for example, are the pros and cons of certain grades and or kits, favorite kits, etc. How to display your collections (bookshelves, glass cabinets, kits displayed on model stands or not, etc. Whether or not people paint their kits and how, types of materials used, etc. Thanks for your time.

Great show by the way!
Amuro Ray of v

Gundamium Alloy wrote:I hope this post is in the right location. Was hoping you guys could do a show that included a segment about Gundam collectibles. For instance, model kits/action figures, or anything else Gundam. You could discuss, the various kinds of Gundam model kits (no grade, HG, MG, PG). What for example, are the pros and cons of certain grades and or kits, favorite kits, etc. How to display your collections (bookshelves, glass cabinets, kits displayed on model stands or not, etc. Whether or not people paint their kits and how, types of materials used, etc. Thanks for your time.

Great show by the way!
I like this idea, I been wanting to get a MG of the NU Gundam, I would like to hear the ways to aviod any mishaps when paying the NU.
One of these days I'm gonna get Bright!
Solar Radio Wave
"Video games are evil."
-Yoshiyuki Tomino
The "v" in my name is whatever you think it is.
AnimeMun

Amuro Ray of v wrote:
Gundamium Alloy wrote:I hope this post is in the right location. Was hoping you guys could do a show that included a segment about Gundam collectibles. For instance, model kits/action figures, or anything else Gundam. You could discuss, the various kinds of Gundam model kits (no grade, HG, MG, PG). What for example, are the pros and cons of certain grades and or kits, favorite kits, etc. How to display your collections (bookshelves, glass cabinets, kits displayed on model stands or not, etc. Whether or not people paint their kits and how, types of materials used, etc. Thanks for your time.

Great show by the way!
I like this idea, I been wanting to get a MG of the NU Gundam, I would like to hear the ways to aviod any mishaps when paying the NU.
I had the No Grade Nu a few years back, if the MG is in anyway similar there should be some metal joints or at least some screws involved, the easiest part to mess up though is actually the leg joints I messed up on these a few times. But anyway this is getting off topic isn't it? I'm sorry. Regardless I've been lovin' how things have been going with the podcast.

The Cross-Culture Hero.