Topic Submission Thread Mark II

The home for everything about MAHQ's flagship podcast.
Vent Noir

Re: Topic Submission Thread Mark II

jcncasval76 wrote:can we put the controversy behind fansub as a topic submission? I understand this subject has always been very touchy, and btw, would there be a chance of having feedback segment on previous show as well? JUST a thought, and please don't get mad at me about it. Thank you.
Sorry to be negative, but I really don't want this topic done. I've seen it gone over thousands of times on the internet, and I'm completely sick of it now.
Vent Noir

@AJDynon on Twitter

April 7, 1979: The first episode of Mobile Suit Gundam premieres. Fanboys declare Gundam "Ruined FOREVER".
AmuroNT1

Perhaps a segment where each of the hosts (and the guest, if there is one for that particular episode) gets some airtime to discuss a show they consider a "Buried Treasure" - something good that needs more love? I'm sure you guys have shows you'd love to raise awareness about, right?
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
jcncasval76

Vent Noir wrote:
jcncasval76 wrote:can we put the controversy behind fansub as a topic submission? I understand this subject has always been very touchy, and btw, would there be a chance of having feedback segment on previous show as well? JUST a thought, and please don't get mad at me about it. Thank you.
Sorry to be negative, but I really don't want this topic done. I've seen it gone over thousands of times on the internet, and I'm completely sick of it now.
i just have a question for you, vent noir, have you ever heard of that topic in other podcasts? if so, please provide a link so that I can hear about it. thanks.
Please don't make me quoting certain wrestlers' catchphrases (What?!) or you don't want to find out how nasty it gets (What?!). Tell me you didn't just say that (What?!)
Chris
Administrator

I don't see us covering fansubs on the show. It's not that we don't mind doing controversial topics, but discussing fansubs issue is about as pointless as discussing which religion is better than the other.
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his
jcncasval76

Chris wrote:I don't see us covering fansubs on the show. It's not that we don't mind doing controversial topics, but discussing fansubs issue is about as pointless as discussing which religion is better than the other.
Chris, I wouldn't be too sure about that, given the fact that there's been a heated exchange with some of the post-show comments. Oh, one more thing about this, it won't be that pointless if you consider the history of media format that has been used and how entertainment industry has been fighting against it. I am sure this debate will last all year round with a lot of lawyer talk into that conversation.
Please don't make me quoting certain wrestlers' catchphrases (What?!) or you don't want to find out how nasty it gets (What?!). Tell me you didn't just say that (What?!)
TheGoose

So...I guess there won't be any discussion about how the Newtypes figure into the Apocalypse. :lol:

Well, one topic submission that I'd like to see is a discussion about how the Gundam franchise has entered pop culture consciousness in Japan and why it resonates with people in Japan.
Chris
Administrator

jcncasval76 wrote:
Chris wrote:Chris, I wouldn't be too sure about that, given the fact that there's been a heated exchange with some of the post-show comments. Oh, one more thing about this, it won't be that pointless if you consider the history of media format that has been used and how entertainment industry has been fighting against it. I am sure this debate will last all year round with a lot of lawyer talk into that conversation.
Yeah, and as those post-show comments indicate, there's a lot of people in the fansubs debate with completely preposterous positions who don't understand business and law, and see things only from their tiny perspective as fans with entitlement issues. Also, just because you'd like to see us discuss a certain topic, it doesn't mean that *we* want to discuss it.
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his
jcncasval76

Chris wrote:Yeah, and as those post-show comments indicate, there's a lot of people in the fansubs debate with completely preposterous positions who don't understand business and law, and see things only from their tiny perspective as fans with entitlement issues. Also, just because you'd like to see us discuss a certain topic, it doesn't mean that *we* want to discuss it.
Of course they are, at the same time, there are the other section of fans is wishing for better business practices by companies like Toei & HG so that this issue would not exist at all. Seriously, the controversy of fansubs are so complicated with factors includes the history of broadcasting itself to business and law, entitlement v. priviledge, all I can say to sum it up is it's not an easy subject to create meaningful conversation.

For me, personally, I don't mind this issue isn't bringing up for the time being since I've kept an open mind all the time. For others, it's up to them.
Mu La Flaga

Small note if do a segment on gaming, I was thinking also maybe ask for poster's opinions on games or units they are using within the games itself?(eg Gundam vs Gundam NEXT Plus)
Mu La Flaga

Added Dancouga/Dancougar for an anime spotlight suggestion.
Flame-X

A sci-fi movie review on AVATAR. :D
jcncasval76

This is more of a suggestion than a topic, but may I suggest that Gundamn have a segment just for comments made for previous shows?

Also, I would like to have a discussion on the voice actors behind the Gundam series.
Last edited by jcncasval76 on Mon May 24, 2010 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Seraphic
Location: Inside the barrel of Wing Zero's left Buster Rifle.

I'll make a thread for this in the Anime/Manga section eventually, but...

How do you feel about all the fencing that goes on in Gundam? It'd be crazy for a pair of jet fighter pilots to suddenly both eject from their planes during a dog fight and then proceed to fight each other with knives, so you know all these sword fights are just so dramatic and crazy. I know it's just a dramatic storytelling device, but do you feel it is done well or used appropriately in Gundam?

Gundam Wing had the greatest amount of it, since its style was more melodramatic and romantic compared to the other series. I can count: Heero VS Soul Bro's man, Wufei VS Treize, Milliardo VS Pagan (seriously, that was hard to remember), Heero VS Dorothy, and Dorothy VS Quatre. Maybe more I am forgetting....
"Red particles are bad, they mutate you into... dead? But green/blue particles are good, apparently, for reasons and for purposes yet to be determined. Isn't science sometimes nicely color-coded?"
-Antares

GW: The Sword . Sera's Art . Gameplay . The Lost Citadel
jabman025

How about a segment about your favorite puppet master characters.

Paptimus Scirocco
Treize Khushrenada

people who are behind the scenes pulling the strings
Xbox Live, Playstation Network, and Twitter : Jabman025
and check out my gunpla reviews on youtube http://www.youtube.com/user/jabman025
Amuro Ray of v

As of now I have heard what the show has covered since the beginning of this year, you guys have done well to do different topics. These are some animes that have wanted to check out; but before I do I would like your insight on them.

1. Mobile Poice Patlobar
2. Crest/Banner of the Stars (I love this show)
3. Space Runaway Ideon
4. Eureka Seven (I have seen this but I wanted your insight)
and
5. Samurai 7 as I know you guys are big fans of Kurosawa

These are some shows I think are good to look at on the show as they both have great action and story to them.
Last edited by Amuro Ray of v on Fri Jun 11, 2010 12:26 am, edited 2 times in total.
One of these days I'm gonna get Bright!
Solar Radio Wave
"Video games are evil."
-Yoshiyuki Tomino
The "v" in my name is whatever you think it is.
Genese Gundam

Given the fact you guys have already talked alot about various Gundam shows, this subject has been hinted at various times; how about the state of Parenting (particularly fathering) of the protagonists in various Gundam series and other mecha anime...I'm sure there would be alot to talk about...
My Stop Motion Animation Videos!

'I wear a Fez now. Fezzes are cool.'
Mu La Flaga

2 new anime spotlight suggestions.

Linebarrels of Iron and Heroic Age.
jcncasval76

Would there be a time for you guys to review Mospeda & Orguss for your anime spotlight?
Mu La Flaga

Here is a new one top 5-10 or so favourite Gundam OR mecha anime episodes of all time?
(can include final episodes or a certain episode for fights or character death or development ect)
Crestborne

Here are you guys some ideas, and if you guys don't use em', I sure as hell will :-3

Top 5 Best Endings of an Anime/Manga Mecha series. (Completing all loose ends, answers the questions left untouched, brings a good ending to the story.)

and then

Top 5 Worst Endings in an Anime/Manga Mecha series. (WTF moments, just Ends, confusions abroad.)

Here are two examples I can think of but there may be better ones
The ending to Code Geass, as strange as it was, did bring a good ending to the story they where telling, and an example of the other topic...

Gundam 0083. What the hell was that? Colony Drop, Titans, Kou getting with Nina, Capitan of the Albion is poof! gone! and thats all folks!

The're better examples, but my mind has the face dumb right now.
Keep up the good work, Gundammit!
MAHQ's Official Resident Brony
Co-Host - Ex Vs The Gundamnation w/ Soulbro
Wheel Of Doom Stream - Monday 7pm EST
twitch.tv/powerborne