Topic Submission Thread Mark II

The home for everything about MAHQ's flagship podcast.
hawk of endymion
Location: The Lord Larry King Memorial News Studio at the Gundamn News Tower, HB, CA

Topic Submission Thread Mark II

Hey Everyone;

Here is the new the topic submission thread for Gundamn@MAHQ.

The only rules here are:

1. Limit the banter, post topic suggestions. Anything that applies to existing thread post it there.

2. If you're coming here, chances are you've heard the show. So you know what we talk about. Try to keep it mecha related, but if it's something we're interested in, go ahead and suggest.

Other than just follow the normal thread posting rules of Mecha Talk and MAHQ.
The Equation of the Robot Apocalypse:

The Admiral + Flashlight = Dead Robo

B.A., M.A., PhD,
The Yoshiyuki Tomino School of Film.
"You draw'em, we kill'em!"

[email protected]

PSN/XBOX Live: NeoLorroke
skyknight

Question about the future for anime release in the North American region, how soon do you suppose that we will see the release of any Gundam series on Blu-ray? Already there are confirmation for DVD releases for Gundam 00 but no word on whether it will be on Blu-ray as well.

Another is the touchy subject of intellectual property (IP), I know there are some unwritten rules on Fan-subs and licensed anime. But I gotta say these days you can find everything on the net; and several companies do allow you to stream eps on their websites. The question is should there be an universal Gentleman's Agreement when it comes to anime? For me, if I already seen an anime that has been licensed and released after I finished it, I will delete it.
Furious Rodimus

I hope this is the right place...

1) The role of Transformers in:
a) being one of the early robot-shows in the west
b) and its effect on the perception of robot/mecha shows to this day in North America.

2) What would the ideal Gundam series have in terms of
a) Heroes
b) Villains
c) plot
d) action
It's the stronger who create the weaker!

I am the (Color) (Object/Natural Element), Ace of (Organization) Fear Me!
Strike Zero

One thing that might be fun is a discussion of your favorites of the various notable Gundam side-stories in the form of manga or visual novels (Unicorn, Astray, Ecole du Ciel, G-UNIT, etc.).

Another thing that comes to mind is a discussion on Gundam video games, as I don't recall you having done any segments on that so far.
Thundermuffin wrote:SETSUNA: There is no Tomino in this world.
Destiny_Gundam

I was telling my friend about the show and he wanted to see a segment about bridge bunnies (he was quite happy to hear you're a Miriallia fan, Neo).

I didn't follow the last thread, so I don't know if this was mentioned before (I'm sure it probably was).
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
Ayle

Are you guys planning to do a review of Eureka Seven someday? You mentioned it in episode 19 when comparing the lancelot to Lelouch's new MS.
animalia

Do you guys like Parodies of Mecha animes

for example

Konataproduction's Neon Genesis Evangelion The Abridged Series

Episode 1
Episode 2
Episode 3
Episode 4
hawk of endymion
Location: The Lord Larry King Memorial News Studio at the Gundamn News Tower, HB, CA

animalia wrote:Do you guys like Parodies of Mecha animes

for example

Episode 1
Episode 2
Episode 3
Episode 4
I do, but aren't all the new versions of Eva a parody?
The Equation of the Robot Apocalypse:

The Admiral + Flashlight = Dead Robo

B.A., M.A., PhD,
The Yoshiyuki Tomino School of Film.
"You draw'em, we kill'em!"

[email protected]

PSN/XBOX Live: NeoLorroke
animalia

hawk of endymion wrote:
animalia wrote:Do you guys like Parodies of Mecha animes

for example

Episode 1
Episode 2
Episode 3
Episode 4
I do, but aren't all the new versions of Eva a parody?
Burn
MindlessFire

Re: Topic Submission Thread Mark II

I was thinking a segment about the Gundam shows' mechanics or any mecha shows' mechanics. You know, the guys that fixes up the protagonist's mecha when it loses an arm, an leg, or even it when it get's completely trashed beyond repair. The mechanic is often looked down upon because he/she/it if often not an important/major character like the Captain or the Pilots. To the mecha pilots, the mecha mechanic is really a miracle worker going the extra mile making sure the mech is in perfect fighting condition so the pilots can do their best and come back alive. Sometimes, the mechanic is even goes beyond and finds ways to upgrade the mech. It doesn't have to be like in Episode 13 where our hosts discussed the favorite Captains of mecha. I really think they deserve at least shout out appreciation especially we have so many ranging from old men to teenagers. Heck, some them may even be candidates for SoulBro's Men.
wielder

What are your favorite non-Gundam mecha soundtracks / composers?

A long list wouldn't be necessary, something closer to a top 3 or top 5 would be enough.
Soul Eater, the True Rune
CanadaMan

wielder wrote:What are your favorite non-Gundam mecha soundtracks / composers?

A long list wouldn't be necessary, something closer to a top 3 or top 5 would be enough.
Yoko Kanno. 'Nuff said.

Is Gundamn planning on watching/reviewing Shin Mazinger Z and/or Basquash once the series finish airing? Any other mecha show catch your eyes?
Now Advertising for Gundamn! in Vancouver
Twitter
Seraphic
Location: Inside the barrel of Wing Zero's left Buster Rifle.

Don't forget The Big O ost. =p

What are your thoughts on the use of "next stage humans" in Gundam? Newtypes, Coordinators, Innovators. How do you think about them compared to one another? Do you think it's a good writing/plot device, or does it detract from the show at all? Should this device be carried onto newer shows or universes? And do you feel it would be better to focus on regular humans? Remember, Lowe Gear is the only true Coordinator. =)

And Neo, I'm not even sure if this is the appropriate place to pose this, but is Gundamn! advertised on dannychoo at all? It's a pretty large international audience, and I'm sure a simple user-posted thing about Gundamn! on there will gather some attention. I haven't personally visited the site since last summer, so I really don't know what it's been like recently. Given, the community is a little questionable, and hopefully none too many strange ones flock to Mechatalk, but this might be worth some consideration. MAHQ will always be the home for Gundamn! though, right?
"Red particles are bad, they mutate you into... dead? But green/blue particles are good, apparently, for reasons and for purposes yet to be determined. Isn't science sometimes nicely color-coded?"
-Antares

GW: The Sword . Sera's Art . Gameplay . The Lost Citadel
Teki

A couple of ideas:

1) What dream your Gundam/Mecha series would have

2) After recent Mecha shows not being traditional (Basquash and Code Geass), what you would like to see.

3) A topic on what makes a Super/Real Robot Show a Super/Real Robot show.

4) Favorite mecha clichés

5) Five underrated shows you want people to see

6) Top favorite Side Story (any anime) Characters

7) Soul Bro's favorite Soul Bro's Men of all time, and the early life Men

8) Favorite Trolls
Wellman

I would like to see some discussion on the Super Robot genre or maybe recent attempts to revive aspects of it in a number of the shows this decade, such remakes like the latest Shin Mazinger or maybe offshoots like Dai-Guard.

Edit: That or a top ten list of favorite mecha side characters outside of Gundam and what makes them great.
Red Comet90

I have a few ideas so I'll list them.

1. Favorite Battles in Gundam or Top 5 best Final Battles in Gundam and 5 wost final battles and why.

2. I know the Podcast is mainly on Anime but you guys do mention video games from time to time so why not have a Mecha Videogame Spotlight. Lost Planet could be discussed or Mechwarrior and the old school battletech if anyone remembers that. If a ZOE mecha spotlight is ever discussed on the podcast why not discuss the games as well on a seperate segment.

3. With Transformers 2 and Terminator Salvation coming out soon it might be possible to discuss it similar to the Iron Man segment that no one ever heard. On a side note GI Joe the movie will have powered suits so that may count as mecha as well once August comes around.

4. Whatever happened to the Char Aznable segment first brought up ages ago? 8)

Thanks for your time. :mrgreen:
The proof of our might will forever be etched in your minds.

-- Haman Karn
Ohmygodiamonfire

How about a "what we are watching now" segment, with you guys disscussing what shoows your watching now.
ShadowCell wrote:"...we'll, uh, do the same thing that the original Neue Ziel did."
"Which is...?"
"Crash into stuff."
"...oh."
AnimeMun

I think it would be nice to pull out something like "The Gunpla Bench" and have it consist of either model reviews, previews, tips and approaches to Kitbashing.

If not that then perhaps a version of Gundam Round up approaching the manga and sidestories. Maybe call it Round-Up Gaiden.
A supporter of the HARO mafia.

The Cross-Culture Hero.

This should probably be a secret but... MY NAME IS ANIME-MUN!
yazi88

I'm not sure if this show would count as a mecha anime even it does have few mechs but how about a anime spotlight on Infinite Ryvius? I just saw this recently and just loved it. Oh and Yuki Aiba is a worthless @$$hole. Unlike Seed, Destiny, and Fafner, Hisashi Hirai's character designs actually stick out.

Or maybe a spotlight on Gasaraki? Or another great Ryousuke Takahashi anime Blue Gender?
BenGP02

I just really would like to hear your review on Aura Battler Dunbine. I just finished watching it not so long ago. It's awesome. I can't imagine a mecha anime talkshow ommiting this piece of anime history.

BenGP02