Topic Submission Thread Mark II

The home for everything about MAHQ's flagship podcast.
Kei Katsuragi

Re: Topic Submission Thread Mark II

A long long time ago, you gents did a fabulous series where you took all the Gundam series' and fixed what you perceived to be faults in the show. Since AGE is essentially considered bollocks, why don't you revive that series and dedicate a segment to fixing AGE?
Last edited by Kei Katsuragi on Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Red Comet90

I hope this idea is used, but why not discuss how the theme of 'understanding' has developed through Gundam throughout the years and how its influenced mecha anime or anime general. You could touch upon how understanding within the franchise has drastically changed (Just look at the difference between Newtypes like Amuro and Kio).
The proof of our might will forever be etched in your minds.

-- Haman Karn
kayone73

Suggestion for a short summary segment, thoughts and opinions on how good a job Sunrise did with the Gundam Seed HD remaster, wether or not its an 'improved' version of the original show or just a cheap George Lucas-ifying cash grab. Did it actually contribute anything further to the Gundam canon or just provide fanwank material? Of course this can wait until the HD remaster has finished its run.
YokozunaBulldozer

Super Deform me: a review about the infamous style and how it has impacted mecha designs. It would also be great if you guys can overview a few of the non-Gundam shows that fully incorporated this style such as Iron Leaguer, Ryu knight, or the Mashin Eiyuuden Wataru series
SIXSHOT HAS NO GAME AGAINST SEVEN CHANGER
Dollow

Here is a suggestion for you to considered for your next round up, the Sakura Wars animation projects, there isn't many but they offer a fun adventure with mecha.

Something to think about.
Last edited by Dollow on Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Agent Zero of Team Neo
Everywhere I have searched for peace and nowhere have I found it, except in a corner with a book
Dollow's Blog
Dollow's Twitter
Mu La Flaga

Topic Submission idea.
The editing of mecha anime series over the years.

We've had it as far back as Voltron and Robotech when their original series were localized.
We've had instances of this when Gundam series were broadcasted.
G-Gundam(name changes ect), Wing(violence and death references toned down ect), SEED(disco guns and other things)
Escaflowne the Fox editted dub and there are probably others.

So have they done any good or not really?, some people can say yes back in the 80s since Voltron and Robotech were localisations.
Later ones are just so kids don't get exposed to material sensitive parents may dislike.

So that is my topic submission.
hunterslasher13

Just wondering if you guys are planning to review Transformer Prime Season 2, I just finished watching it today I was wondering what your thoughts were,
Twitter: https://twitter.com/hunterslasher13
PSN:Hunterslasher27
Silver_August

I'm not sure if any of these suggests have been done... all things considered I'm still new to the forum and I haven' read EVERY the entire thread from beginning to end. But without further delay...

1. Ideas in Mecha anime (Gundam in particular) that SHOULD NOT work yet worked anyways.

2. Egg on your face moments, similar to the first but more personal, just moments in mecha anime (and again, Gundam in particular) where you just ended up with egg on your face, thinking someone would be good...or something would be BAD and were just utterly proven wrong.

3. If you could be the mastermind behind the next big Gundam project, what would you do, and how would you convince Bandai this isn't going to be another Gundam AGE - on a side note, feel free to Straight Talk Bandai as a whole and talk about how they can invigorate the brand so they don't have to rely on efforts to appeal to the kids, double dipping with SEED Destiny remasters and dragging out the unicorn OVA like there's no tomorrow. Help them out guys!
YokozunaBulldozer

- A review and comparison of Getter Robo Go's anime and manga adaptation.
- A review of the Japanese Transformers shows specifically Headmasters, Masterforce, and Victory.
- A review of the Super Robot Wars OG animation series
- SD Gundam Sangokuden review
Chris
Administrator

YokozunaBulldozer wrote:- A review of the Super Robot Wars OG animation series
We've already done reviews on Divine Wars and The Inspector.
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his
Chavelo

How close to mecha would a pod racing anime be? >.>

I started watching Oban Star Racers on netflix a while back. Only got half way through because I wanted to save the episodes for that dry period of television shows to watch. Only to have to cancel my sub a month later. In any case it's very much a pod racing anime. But with the fate of the Earth in the balance.

The story is straight forward win the tournament to grant a wish. The main character is the estranged daughter of the racing chief selected to represent the Earth. And of course she finds herself as the pilot of their pod racer. But her father doesn't know that it's her and he has grumpy ol'man syndrome.

It's on netflix so it's easily accessible to those of you with a sub.
Mekton GM

A sort of what if / analysis segment.

We've had a segment about what Mecha Anime universe you would live in. Well here's a similar topic.

How would the militaries of the modern world with modern weapons fair against an invasion by the antagonist forces from Gundam, such as Zeon, the Titans, or Zanscare Empire, or any other military from the vast Gundam multiverse? You can also throw in other series like Dunbine or Macross.
The Great great great great great great great great grandfather of HOWARD MASON!!!!!!
Xbox Live Gamertag: Anubis214
Robolizard222

In your guys opinion, What would it take to bring Gundam or various other mecha anime into popularity here in the States again? Would it have to be like Robotech and Transformers with lightning in a bottle or do you think that Japan would have to loosen their grip on their franchises allowing for American influences? If not the Gundam franchise (especially since it seems to have arleady had it's run) which mecha franchise do you think could be successful in the future?
People ask me if I'm a cat or a dog person. I'm actually a dog person. They taste better.
Arbiter GUNDAM

An idea for a mini-segment or/and the STX: We've heard Neo explode with rage over SEED revisionists and Chris has let us all know what he REALLY feels about hopers and dreamers, so now it's Soul Bro's turn. There has to be SOMETHING that will let Evil Soul Bro out. :)
I can fly if I ride the wind! Gori gori!

--Freyja Wion
pqcomics

I propose a dicsussion about the failures of the earth federation and its many alternate universe counterparts. I'd suggest doing the a.u. ones in a separate discussion.

I'd also like to see you guys go over what the official uc timeline is and the retcons, changes, and alternate events that are included.
BLoop
YokozunaBulldozer

Save or Troll Gundamn Style
eanetdude

YokozunaBulldozer wrote:Save or Troll Gundamn Style
^ I second this.
hawk of endymion
Location: The Lord Larry King Memorial News Studio at the Gundamn News Tower, HB, CA

YokozunaBulldozer wrote:Save or Troll Gundamn Style
Please explain
The Equation of the Robot Apocalypse:

The Admiral + Flashlight = Dead Robo

B.A., M.A., PhD,
The Yoshiyuki Tomino School of Film.
"You draw'em, we kill'em!"

[email protected]

PSN/XBOX Live: NeoLorroke
Arbiter GUNDAM

I think they're referring to the second special episode of Chaos Theater called Save or Troll.
I can fly if I ride the wind! Gori gori!

--Freyja Wion
hawk of endymion
Location: The Lord Larry King Memorial News Studio at the Gundamn News Tower, HB, CA

Arbiter GUNDAM wrote:I think they're referring to the second special episode of Chaos Theater called Save or Troll.
I wanted an answer not a plug.
The Equation of the Robot Apocalypse:

The Admiral + Flashlight = Dead Robo

B.A., M.A., PhD,
The Yoshiyuki Tomino School of Film.
"You draw'em, we kill'em!"

[email protected]

PSN/XBOX Live: NeoLorroke