Topic Submission Thread Mark II

The home for everything about MAHQ's flagship podcast.
kayone73

Re: Topic Submission Thread Mark II

Mu La Flaga wrote:Anime toilet suggestions.

Space Gundam V
(Korean knock off of Macross look it up)

Astro Plan
(Chinese knock off of Macross)

Can find info on both these series on wikipedia.
Good lord I just looked up clips for both on youtube, holy crap the Gundamn guys need to see some of this and definitely mention it on the show.
Mu La Flaga

Yeah they are pretty bad and probably why Koreans and Chinese shouldn't rip off GOOD anime series.
kayone73

Mu La Flaga wrote:Yeah they are pretty bad and probably why Koreans and Chinese shouldn't rip off GOOD anime series.
What's funny is I'm korean american and I remember when I visited relatives back in the 80s, some cousins used to have Valkryie toys (I knew them as Robotech vertitechs of course) but I saw the boxes labelled as 'Space Gundam V' and thought 'wtf? oh well *shrug*' Now I know.

I've been doing some research about related korean ripoff shows from the 70s-80s during the Korean 'ban every media import from Japan' days and came across other interesting stuff like Taekwon V (a Mazinger ripoff but developed its own cultural niche among a generation of korean kids). I don't want to scoop you but do you mind if I start a related thread in the mecha anime subforum?
Mu La Flaga

I wouldn't mind at all really.
Mu La Flaga

Lines from Gundam pilots.
Silly, funny, cool or just plain bad ass or fearing inspiring.

From ones in Super Robot series to Gundam ones, discuss them.
Does it say much about the character or is it just a one liner?

It would be interesting to hear, just as a little discussion.
Last edited by Mu La Flaga on Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Seraphic
Location: Inside the barrel of Wing Zero's left Buster Rifle.

I can't be sure if anyone has mentioned this yet, but would you guys consider doing a spotlight on the game Vanquish?

It's totally inspired by the mecha genre, and it's got everything from evil space laz0rz, transforming mechs, The Big Zam, and even the Red Rival. One of your enemies is practically the GP02 Physalis.

I thought the game was pretty fun. I just wish there was more to do in it, lol.
"Red particles are bad, they mutate you into... dead? But green/blue particles are good, apparently, for reasons and for purposes yet to be determined. Isn't science sometimes nicely color-coded?"
-Antares

GW: The Sword . Sera's Art . Gameplay . The Lost Citadel
Mu La Flaga

Ok so here is my topic idea.
Power ups or abilities of units or pilots discussion.

From Newtypes, to Cyber Newtypes, to the Bio-Sensor in Zeta Gundam, to the Hyper Modes of G Gundam, ZERO System from Wing, Moonlight Butterfly from Turn A, some of the crazy enemies that showed up in Gundam X, SEED&Destiny's SEED Factor and 00's Trans-Am, F91's After Image.

Discuss these in depth some of them worked, some of them did not, some of them were silly, some were great.
Talk about them in detpth.
You guys can probably expand on it more from there.
Mu La Flaga

Ok so a quick one.
The worlds of Gundam/mecha to live in.
How good or bad it would be to live in the UC or Cosmic Era, Future Century or After War.
And some of the challenges living in those worlds and things.

Eg After War, the world is a wasteland, continents deformed, population reduced ect.
FC would have the Gundam Fights and the wrecked sections of Earth not inhabbited ect.

You guys can expand on it more.
Mu La Flaga

Anime Toilet: Dragonaut of the Resonance.
Mu La Flaga

Since I haven't put it in here before, a suggestion for a big series to do for a round up.
Bubblegum Crisis, the original, Crash and 2040.
Furious Rodimus

Hey team here are a couple of ideas for some discussion:

1. The most misunderstood characters in mecha anime. These can be characters that are misquoted, misappropriated in arguments or just generally misunderstood.

2. The History of Robot Anime in North America. - The shows that first came over, the companies that were involved, early reception et. al.
It's the stronger who create the weaker!

I am the (Color) (Object/Natural Element), Ace of (Organization) Fear Me!
Naz

* This is a re-posting reply from the mailbag tread. *

I have a question/review request for Gundamn! crew. I'm not sure if you guys have done the review on Linebarrel of Iron yet, if you have I would love to listen to the episode that this series is being review

As for the question, what do you guys think of Kouichi Hayase the main protagonist? Is he as annoying as Eva's Shinji? Does he have to enough depth as a character to keep an audience's interest?

As for me, I really like the series, but I'm not saying that this is the best mecha anime of all time, it's just good for what it is.
sakurangel

my topic for discussion is for animespotlight!

THE RED BARON. how come that not body wanna tack about it? if that you guys have time to check the anime it self, you will see that G gundam barrow some ideas from THE RED BARON!!!!

for animetoilet!

PLASTIC DOLL. is anime OVA is soo bad, not even the boobs show can save this anime !!!
Yuri lowenthal- "Angel Lopez(sakurangel) you are the manliest man I ever meet"
Alexis Tipton- "angel is was nice meet you"
Vent Noir

Your favourite (or least favourite) obscure and/or forgotten mecha anime - the ones nobody knows about or remembers.
Vent Noir

@AJDynon on Twitter

April 7, 1979: The first episode of Mobile Suit Gundam premieres. Fanboys declare Gundam "Ruined FOREVER".
Dollow

Animetoilet: Pilot Candidate aka Candidate for Goddess

Just reposting
Agent Zero of Team Neo
Everywhere I have searched for peace and nowhere have I found it, except in a corner with a book
Dollow's Blog
Dollow's Twitter
Mu La Flaga

Remember the idea of what I had as.
"What is your current mecha anime MK2?"

Let's put an additional spin on it and make this one listener participation.
And people can add their opinions of recent mecha anime shows they have or are watching.

So we can gauge more of a scope of people's opinions beyond just the regular trio of Gundamn hosts.
TheSuspiciousRedLamp

I don't know if it was submitted beforehand, but I'm too lazy to look at every single pages to see if it was mentionned.

Break Blade (Broken Blade)
While not all the six movies are out, by the time you take my topic suggestion, it will probably be release and available for us, mecha fan, to enjoy. Currently, the fourth one just got released and it was absolutely fantastic.
There's also the manga to talk about.
"Revenge for all those height gags. Every time he's called me "Hamster.""
"This is for every time you've been late and lost."
"All the times you drove into the back of my Cadillac."

The D.D.D. Podcast at your diservice.
Arbiter GUNDAM

I have an idea for a segment or mini-segment: Fond or goofy or whatever memories of stuff that has happened on the Mecha-Talk boards over the years. Perhaps the craziness that resulted in the shutdown of the arena?
I can fly if I ride the wind! Gori gori!

--Freyja Wion
Mu La Flaga

Let's see for this idea, this can be expanded upon Gundam but I'm thinking Gundam lines firstly.

Genetic Engineering and cloning in mecha anime.
We've had Puru and Puru Two from ZZ Gundam, then later in Gundam Unicorn we have Marida Cruz aka Puru 12 and Full Frontal the clone of Char, G Gundam sort of has Kyoji and Schwarz.
SEED has Rau and Al Da Flaga, Destiny added Rey Za Burrel, then Gundam SEED X Astray had Cannard Prars a failed Ultimate Co-ordinator, but looked simillar and sounded to Kira
Prayer being a possible clone of either Mu or Al de Flaga.
Gundam 00 has their whole idea of Innovaters and all.

CE also had the whole thing of co-ordinators vs naturals thing.

So you can just talk about them, some of them ended up interesting, some ended up plain crazy and some had interesting outlooks on life.

You guys can probably expand on it more.
Last edited by Mu La Flaga on Fri Mar 18, 2011 8:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mr Bushido

After checking through this thread and checking the rundowns for each of the existing episodes, and hopefully I didn't miss it but here's my suggestion:

I'd like to know the crew's thoughts on masked characters in mecha shows. Masked or wearing sunglasses would be fine. What are their strong points, weakness, whether they were cool or lame, and if they had impact on the story. This may mostly be on Gundam but perhaps there are other shows that have this.
501st Legion - Northern California Golden Gate Garrison
TK-3942 aka TK-EXIA
So the Geara Zulu has an Stg-44 and the Jesta has a Scar-H w/ holographic scope.