Topic Submission Thread Mark II

The home for everything about MAHQ's flagship podcast.
animalia

Re: Topic Submission Thread Mark II

In terms of a topic that they are more likely to accept (I hope), how about either a Magic Knight Rayearth spotlight or roundup.

Either way I would want them to cover manga series 1 & 2, TV series 1 & 2, and the OVA.

I would of course leave it up to them which formula works best.
angelwingzero

You guys could discuss the non-OG Super Robot Wars games and why you like or dislike certain ones. Things like getting Gundam SEED without Destiny, or getting units they never used in the show like the Layzer Mk.2, or maybe just making some stories end on a happier note (Eva and Ideon). I hope you guys consider it.
"So he's wearing an all black pilot suit and you put him in the CRAZY MACHINE. In the mental state that he's already in, does that seem like a good idea?" - My favorite Chris quote.
Dollow

With the new movie around the bin of this year, I would like if you guys did a manga review of Cyborg 009 with light mentions of the various animation projects. This is something I really like you guys to do, as it is a true anime classic.

Thanks keep up the good work.
Agent Zero of Team Neo
Everywhere I have searched for peace and nowhere have I found it, except in a corner with a book
Dollow's Blog
Dollow's Twitter
Mu La Flaga

angelwingzero wrote:You guys could discuss the non-OG Super Robot Wars games and why you like or dislike certain ones. Things like getting Gundam SEED without Destiny, or getting units they never used in the show like the Layzer Mk.2, or maybe just making some stories end on a happier note (Eva and Ideon). I hope you guys consider it.
They would need Destiny_Gundam for that.
Speaking of whom he hasn't been on the show for a little while. :P

But I would like to second ths idea, considering also the Z series has introduced a fair ammount of OG characters of it's own.
Mu La Flaga

New idea for you guys based off the name of Chaos Theater's latest special episode.
Troll or Save?

Simple take a show, kill off a main character or other character that would majorly impact the series or not if they lived or alternatively died.

For instance, Char Aznable during MSG
Azrael from SEED, would the war have changed perhaps if he had died before the events of SEED began?
00 have Ribborns not exsist or die when Revive killed him or it would be ruled by Alejandro.
SEED Detiny if Kira had died at the end of SEED.

Just quick examples.
That or put another spin on it, kill characters a different way then what they did in the series?
Eg Save them from stupid fates like Captain Synapse, South Burning, Sleggar, Ryu, Emma all of those.
Imagine how future linked series would go if characters survived.

OF COURSE some characters can remain doomed to their fates like Katz, Quess.
But some might be redeemable more like Flay, Anew ect.
YokozunaBulldozer

Here are a few topics I thought up of:

1. The evolution of Gunpla

2. Originals vs Reboots (i.e. Mazinger Z vs Shin Mazinger, Getter Robo New Getter Robo(not Getter Robo Armageddon), Kotetsu Jeeg vs Kotetsushin Jeeg, Space Battleship Yamato vs Space Battleship Yamato 2199, Dancouga vs Dancouga Nova, etc...)

3. Mecha that could have used a good makeover
SIXSHOT HAS NO GAME AGAINST SEVEN CHANGER
daigundam lagaan

Here is a topic that might be deemed unoriginal considering I only started Mechatalk,

The effects on taking a handful of characters from each alternate universe of Gundam, and mixing them all up across the franchise, like would Amuro make a good Gundam fighter in future century, or what if the Gundam Meisters and the Gundam Wing boys switched series?
Still waiting on seeing those tears of time.
YokozunaBulldozer

1. Dungeons and Mecha. Basically an overview of which fantasy + mecha show worked and what didn't
(examples: Aura Battler Dunbine, Vision of Escaflowne, Magic Knight Rayearth, Mashin Hero Legend Wataru series, Granzort, Ryu Knight, etc...)

2. Obari Masami
the Gatekeeper
Location: The Endless Illusion, a paradise for fools. A place for lost souls where savage dreams abound.

1.the relations between Tomino's mental condition and the darker and edgier-ness of his later Gundam works.

2.What if the two main rivals of mecha shows (or games) switched mechs? I don't mean like Heero and Zechs, I mean right out the gate like:

in ZOE, if Leo found Anubis instead of Jehuty, and you fight Nohman and the Jehuty in the end. (you'll still lose)

or if Domon got to the Devil Gundam and Kioji (thats not how you spell it...) attempted to stop him in the Shining Gundam.

or (hear me out), Char scouted Amuro's colony, found the Gundam and got in, then Amuro stumbles upon his abandoned red Zaku. (Amuro in the Zeong at the end?)

something happens to the original GN drives and Setsuna pilots a Reborns-esque Gundam/Gun-Cannon against Ribbons in his own 00 (or OO, Chris) -Raiser type suit.

what if Gato stole the GP01 instead? (took the good-guy Gundam)

ect. ect.
Last edited by the Gatekeeper on Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:27 am, edited 5 times in total.
"Men, they're all idiots. All you have to do is wear something tight, wave your ass at them and they're yours."

-Suzuka Hime (Mugen no Frontier)

... Are we that predictable?
J A 38

I'll just leave this here.

http://www.toplessrobot.com/2009/12/8_r ... across.php

Made my head explode. Can't tell if sarcasm or not. (I really hope so.)
daigundam lagaan

Can you guys do a full segment on Megas XLR if you haven't already?
Still waiting on seeing those tears of time.
eanetdude

Would love to hear you guys tackle The Big O and explore other anime that share similarities of American animation styles, themes and tropes.
kayone73

As I mentioned in the 'brave n Butthurt' thread, it would be great if you guys did a review Segment on the 7 ep OVA series 'KO Century Beast Sanjushi'. A fun show with technomagic mecha and anthromorphic beast men. Good action comedy from the 90s.
YokozunaBulldozer

Sid was right, the toys ARE alive: A look back at the hobby toy mecha genre that put the actual toys to shame with its absurd and larger-than-life stoylines plus gimmicks. Also, a discussion of how much of the wacky technology they introduced could be/are possible would be fun.
A few titles as examples would be Plamo Kyoshiro, Medabots (or Medarot for those who prefer the Japanese name), the Level-5 created Danball Senki, and Gunpla Builders.

All your mecha are belong to us: A discussion about localization and translation in mecha genre, as well as discuss which shows succeeded and failed. Also, which shows could have fared well through localization. This does not have to be limited to anime or manga only, so games and other mediums with mecha in it are also valid for discussion.
kayone73

Segments on the series that you've mentioned in past episodes (assuming of course everyone has seen it or pull in a special guest who has seen these series)

1. Irresponsible Capt Tylor
2. Planetes
3. L-Gaim
4. Heroic Age
Mekton GM

Alternate tellings of the Original Mobile Suit Gundam story:

I think that once you guys do your Gundam the Origin segment you should also discuss the similarities and differences of the many alternate versions of the Original Gundam series told in Manga or Novelization form such as.

Yoshiyuki Tomino's Novelization: Awakening, Escalation, and Confrontation,

Kazuhisa Kondo's Manga version,

Otsuka Gichi's For the Barrel,

and any other's you can think of.
The Great great great great great great great great grandfather of HOWARD MASON!!!!!!
Xbox Live Gamertag: Anubis214
Chris
Administrator

Mekton GM wrote:Otsuka Gichi's For the Barrel,
This isn't even in English, so how would you expect us to cover it?
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his
Mekton GM

Chris wrote: This isn't even in English, so how would you expect us to cover it?
Maybe just briefly talk about the change in mech designs and character designs. (Especially Sayla Mass)
The Great great great great great great great great grandfather of HOWARD MASON!!!!!!
Xbox Live Gamertag: Anubis214
animalia

I just finished watching season 1 of Transformers and while it is stupid and goofy I found it had a bit of narm charm to it, I was wondering if you would talk about season 1 at one point.

Ah G1, it had heart, soul, and goofiness.
YokozunaBulldozer

Sound of Mecha: a topic discussing the history and changes that have occurred throughout mecha opening themes from the monochrome era of Tetsujin 28 to the HD era of Gundam AGE and Eureka Seven AO.