Topic Submission Thread Mark II

The home for everything about MAHQ's flagship podcast.
YokozunaBulldozer

Re: Topic Submission Thread Mark II

Arbiter GUNDAM wrote:I think they're referring to the second special episode of Chaos Theater called Save or Troll.
Correct. :) I Thought it would be fun to hear which mecha titles the Gundamn trio would save or troll.
SIXSHOT HAS NO GAME AGAINST SEVEN CHANGER
Vent Noir

Since Mike Pondsmith (maxmike), author of the Mekton RPG, among other things, has now joined the boards, it'd be cool if you could arrange an interview with him.
Vent Noir

@AJDynon on Twitter

April 7, 1979: The first episode of Mobile Suit Gundam premieres. Fanboys declare Gundam "Ruined FOREVER".
Mu La Flaga

Just an idea, so to put it out there only really Neo is somewhat familliar with Power Rangers.
Well and since they do have mechs/zords, would be a good idea to maybe have Andres on to discuss Power Rangers and the zords to an extent and also since there is the 20 year anniversary for Megaforce coming up soon this year.

That and haven't had a guest on in a little bit.
Just an idea to put out there if you guts are willing to consider it.
Mu La Flaga

Just another small topic submission since you guys did an E3 spotlight previous year.
Do you intend to do one for this year's E3?
Like a discussion on the systems, their line ups, all of that stuff.
Silver_August

IF any of you guys have watched the Astroboy animes (namely 2003) why not do a Roundup on that?
YokozunaBulldozer

Danball Senki (Little Battler eXperience) series Round up.
This franchise has become somewhat of a star rookie within Namco Bandai regarding model kits as well as one of the main flagship titles for game company Level-5. Yes, the core concept of the show is about hi-tech toy robots battling it out within the confinements of reinforced cardboard boxes, but I would like to hear the Gundamn Crew's impressions of the franchise overall and thoughts on each series.
Saber

Having relistened to your episode reviews of Gundam AGE in the last two days (Yes, I am that crazy), I was reminded of one of the biggest flaws of the show which is the absolutely unabashed waste of female characters, sidelining them as blind love-enforcement tools, cheerleaders, death motivators etc.

Although AGE is not the first show to have done so (though I haven't seen other series that do it to such a degree), I would be interested in a discussion of the Gundamn! crew regarding female characters in Gundam and possibly other mecha shows, illustrating good and horrendously bad usage of them as part of the story, as well as what the hosts think would be a good way to portrait female characters in such series.
Furious Rodimus

What are some of the worst decisions ever made by characters in
Mecha anime? These can range from combat decisions to love life choices to things said or unsaid.
It's the stronger who create the weaker!

I am the (Color) (Object/Natural Element), Ace of (Organization) Fear Me!
yazi88

Seeing that live adaptations are made for anime, why not do the opposite? What mecha anime character or even a non mecha anime character do you guys think would make for a great movie actor or what movie would suit them? You could also name movies that would suit them.

A couple of examples from me would be:

Lelouch could make for a great Tony Stark or Bruce Wayne.

Treize would make for a awesome James Bond.

Maybe Dennis for Anchorman? Quote: "You don't know about Culture San Diego"!

Have the Patlabor cast for Police Academy movie(s)?
YokozunaBulldozer

Shippu! Iron Leaguer,since it has caught the interest of the Gundamn crew.
thehod

Kill Kio Vol 1:

Come up with creative ways to kill off Kio or ways you want him just to suffer.

My example: Have Kio in a Tieren while Hallelujah slowly kills him by stabbing his cockpit with the heat-inducing pincers of his shield just like what he did to Ming in season 1 episode 10 of 00.