Live Call-in Time

The home for everything about MAHQ's flagship podcast.
Chris
Administrator

Live Call-in Time

Cross posted from MAHQ and the News forum:
Chris wrote:For your listening pleasure, episode 26 of Gundamn! was released several days ago. Also, I'm happy to announce what will hopefully be the first of several live call-in sessions on the show. It will take place this Sunday, January 18th at 2:00 P.M. Eastern Standard Time. If you didn't join us for the first call-in, get a mic/headset, download and install Skype, and add the user "Shinjuku-Station" to your friends list. Like the last time, the call-in will be an open forum, so anything goes as far as topics and questions.
Last edited by Chris on Sun Jan 18, 2009 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his
VentZX

I just recently installed Skype, so I'll make an attempt to be present for this. Still need to pick up a headset, but I should have it before Sunday, hopefully.
snoops619

Count me in :)
3,000,000,000 points. I can almost taste the brownies.
TheGoose

I will be there. :wink:
VentZX

VentZX wrote:I just recently installed Skype, so I'll make an attempt to be present for this. Still need to pick up a headset, but I should have it before Sunday, hopefully.
Change that to a definite yes. Just got everything I need. Can't wait.
Areku

Murphy allowing, I'll be there as well. I expect there'll be a few more callers than last time; we've already got two of the four callers from last time, plus two newbies.

If it's okay, I'd like to go last during the Q&A. I'll try to have a list, so hopefully I'll still have something intact when my turn comes 'round.
Battosai28

I can't wait. Speaking from experience, I cannot recommend enough that everyone prepare at least one extra question/discussion topic beforehand. I remember the person that went before me last time had the same idea as me (I think it might have been you snoops :evil: )

Luckily, I came prepared 8)

By the way, I have already thought of a tremendously evil question that will undoubtedly make Neo hate me forever. Again, I can't wait.
Like all good things, my 318 days in Japan have come to an end. Thank you everyone for such an awesome year!
Kavik Ryx

I'm going to have to put off an experiment, but I'm game for this. Well, so long as I can figure out how to safely work the software.
snoops619

Battosai28 wrote:I remember the person that went before me last time had the same idea as me (I think it might have been you snoops :evil: )
If I did have the same idea it was probably because I too was groping in the dark for questions. That is to say, I was making them up as I went along.

I'm prepared this time though. I have a list!
3,000,000,000 points. I can almost taste the brownies.
AmuroNT1

I might stop by and say hi.
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
hawk of endymion
Location: The Lord Larry King Memorial News Studio at the Gundamn News Tower, HB, CA

Battosai28 wrote: By the way, I have already thought of a tremendously evil question that will undoubtedly make Neo hate me forever. Again, I can't wait.
Doubt it'll make me hate you. But, can't wait to hear it.
The Equation of the Robot Apocalypse:

The Admiral + Flashlight = Dead Robo

B.A., M.A., PhD,
The Yoshiyuki Tomino School of Film.
"You draw'em, we kill'em!"

[email protected]

PSN/XBOX Live: NeoLorroke
Destiny_Gundam

I should also be able to join in this time around. Unless something sudden comes up like last time.
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
Robo Jason Mk1

I will be there, Yet Can my sister ask a question to?
She would have to use my computer...
thanatos

I'll try to call in. I tried skype a long time ago but never started using it regularly. My old mic should be around here somewhere. Hopefully it will sound good enough.

Btw, is there a set discussion or are the callers just going to fire random question at your guys?
Chris
Administrator

RoboJason: Yes, your sister can ask a question too.

thanatos: No topic, it's all open mic and whatever callers want to ask about.
CanadaMan

Chris wrote: thanatos: No topic, it's all open mic and whatever callers want to ask about.
And you answer the question I was going to ask. Excellent!
Now Advertising for Gundamn! in Vancouver
Twitter
Seraphic
Location: Inside the barrel of Wing Zero's left Buster Rifle.

Just so they have a bit of a heads-up, how long do you intend the call-in segment to be?? I'm sure you guys could talk all day, but there has to be a time cap somewhere. That way people might be able to prepare questions that either need long answers or short ones. Or both.

I personally won't be calling in. I don't have the equipment, but I also think that I'm too thorough or long-winded when it comes to conversation. My talk is best left to typing and forum discussion for now. >_>
"Red particles are bad, they mutate you into... dead? But green/blue particles are good, apparently, for reasons and for purposes yet to be determined. Isn't science sometimes nicely color-coded?"
-Antares

GW: The Sword . Sera's Art . Gameplay . The Lost Citadel
Chris
Administrator

Depending on how many calls we have, we're looking to keep it at about an hour or less. We will probably be handling things a bit differently than we did them the first time.
thehod

great call in session. Would love to have more in the future.
Destiny_Gundam

We had a great turn out. Lots of fun discussions going on in the waiting room too. A good time was had by all.
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."