Special 001 - The First Anniversary

The home for everything about MAHQ's flagship podcast.
CanadaMan

Gundam! ... so far it's been a slice. Listening to episodes on the walk from the hotel to FIU, heck, Yasumicon was a blast with you guys. Would you guys ever consider a Canadian Con?
Now Advertising for Gundamn! in Vancouver
Twitter
sephus16

Funniest episode evr. Heres to more fun in another great year. Can't wait for the merch.
Destiny_Gundam

Well, since everyone else is giving presents...

Something for Soulbro,

Something for Chris,

And... I forget who you like Neo, so have some lulz instead.

Dunno who you like either Amuro, but who doesn't love delicious pizza butt?

And of course I give the best gifts to myself :twisted:

Oh, and we can't forget the delicious cake!
CanadaMan wrote:Gundam! ... so far it's been a slice. Listening to episodes on the walk from the hotel to FIU, heck, Yasumicon was a blast with you guys. Would you guys ever consider a Canadian Con?
Out of the question. They live in Flordia after all. They'd never survive the cold. :wink:
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
anubis

Oh man Chris's battle with the Dog had me in rolling. "My legs are not salami" was hilarious.

This one great a and definitely one of the funniest bits you guys have done. I'm looking foward to you're call in segments.

Soul-Bro I have to admit that I like the underdog characters myself and always find myself rooting for them, so you're not alone!
Oh and Kenuske from evangelion was awesome and if he actually made it into an eva the show would have been 10 times better.
hawk of endymion
Location: The Lord Larry King Memorial News Studio at the Gundamn News Tower, HB, CA

anubis wrote:Oh man Chris's battle with the Dog had me in rolling. "My legs are not salami" was hilarious.
In defense of my dog, that's the first time he's tried to hump anyone in years.
The Equation of the Robot Apocalypse:

The Admiral + Flashlight = Dead Robo

B.A., M.A., PhD,
The Yoshiyuki Tomino School of Film.
"You draw'em, we kill'em!"

[email protected]

PSN/XBOX Live: NeoLorroke
Areku

What breed is it, anyways? For a more vivid mental picture, of course.
hawk of endymion
Location: The Lord Larry King Memorial News Studio at the Gundamn News Tower, HB, CA

Areku wrote:What breed is it, anyways? For a more vivid mental picture, of course.
A ten year old black lab. I'll get a pic on gundamn.net by the weekend.

B.A., M.A., PhD,

[email protected]

Areku

hawk of endymion wrote:A ten year old black lab. I'll get a pic on gundamn.net by the weekend.
Darn, too big to envision Chris getting physically violated by Pundam.
hawk of endymion

Areku wrote:
hawk of endymion wrote:A ten year old black lab. I'll get a pic on gundamn.net by the weekend.
Darn, too big to envision Chris getting physically violated by Pundam.
Dustin would be more like the Psycho Pundam.

B.A., M.A., PhD,

[email protected]

CanadaMan

Destiny_Gundam wrote:
CanadaMan wrote:Gundam! ... so far it's been a slice. Listening to episodes on the walk from the hotel to FIU, heck, Yasumicon was a blast with you guys. Would you guys ever consider a Canadian Con?
Out of the question. They live in Flordia after all. They'd never survive the cold. :wink:
So ... we'll invite them for a Winter Con and see how which members survive and return to Florida! Gundamn! Survivor: Canada
Now Advertising for Gundamn! in Vancouver
Twitter
Chris
Administrator

CanadaMan wrote:So ... we'll invite them for a Winter Con and see how which members survive and return to Florida! Gundamn! Survivor: Canada
Canadian Pedobear is wrong, because I've been to Canada and Europe when it's near zero degrees Fahrenheit. I can stand the cold, but I just don't like it. I can't speak to Paul or Adam, but I know I'd survive. :)
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his
T.V.

anubis wrote:Oh man Chris's battle with the Dog had me in rolling. "My legs are not salami" was hilarious.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Soul-Bro I have to admit that I like the underdog characters myself and always find myself rooting for them, so you're not alone!
hawk of endymion wrote:Dustin would be more like the Psycho Pundam.
That'd almost deserve a P'Shop of Dustin with a yellow V-fin! :P

Would that make Chris the (P)underdog character of Gundamn!?...
I could almost see a gag comic arising around Gundamn. ;)

Anyway, I just noticed that your 30th podcast might fall around or near Gundam's 30th' anniversary. Perhaps, it could be the most fitting time to a anniversary and "future or Gundam" themed cast?

Good luck on your future recordings. :)[/inbeforeban]
AceWhatever

Congrats on a great first year guys.

Now when are you gonna announce the movie and anime adaptations of Gundamn! & MAHQ?
V2Buster

Er, there are no anime conventions in Canada during the winter as far as I know. There is a Star Trek con in December in Toronto iirc, but I doubt the boys would go to that. Calgary Comicon and Anime North are both late spring/early summer, and the Canadian National Scifi/Anime/Comic/Horror Expo isn't till late summer. The closest to winter would be the Ottawa Anime Festival in October, but I doubt the attendance is enough to justify flying all the way out for. Since Canadian summers are fricking hot, the plans to make Gundamn!sicles wouldn't really work unless you locked them in a meat freezer(which might actually improve Destiny Gundam's acoustics if he's in on the recording).

Besides, the Gundamn! crew won't even travel to Otakon, the East Coast's largest anime convention, and the majority of their appearances have been regulated to the Miami/Orlando area (I count SDCC as more of a nerd vacation for Soul Bro and Neo).

I won't be holding my breath for a Trip to the Great White North by the Gundamn! crew any time soon. But hey, maybe they'll surprise all of us.
Last edited by V2Buster on Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
snoops619

Come to England and do the London/Midlands MCM Expo! It's this Saturday-Sunday! lol.
hawk of endymion

V2Buster wrote:)
Besides, the Gundamn! crew won't even travel to Otakon, the East Coast's largest anime convention, and the majority of their appearances have been regulated to the Miami/Orlando area (I count SDCC as more of a nerd vacation for Soul Bro and Neo).

I won't be holding my breath for a Trip to the Great White North by the Gundamn! crew any time soon. But hey, maybe they'll surprise all of us.
Well, just because we didn't make Otakon this year, doesn't mean we won't go there in the future. Like we stated in the episode, things moved a lot quicker this year than what we thought. We would love to make each large convention in the U.S./Canada but that's gonna take some planning(and maybe a little sponsership) to spread the only podcast of it's kind in North America.

As for the Great White North, I would love to go up there. I haven't been up there in years, be nice to visit the land of my forefathers again.

B.A., M.A., PhD,

[email protected]

Destiny_Gundam

So Neo, you're an accountant? My dad's one too. I know Chris is a journalist, but what's Soul Bro's day job?
Areku

Destiny_Gundam wrote:So Neo, you're an accountant? My dad's one too. I know Chris is a journalist, but what's Soul Bro's day job?
While we're on that topic, what is your day job, oh Masked Pedobear guest host?
TheGoose

Question: Is Dustin the official mascot for Gundamn?
Destiny_Gundam

Areku wrote:While we're on that topic, what is your day job, oh Masked Pedobear guest host?
Ice cream truck driver 8)

Just kidding. I don't even have my lisence.

I'm a 2nd year Psychology major at the University of Windsor. I don't have a day job.

I've been a janitor at my dad's work place for the past 2 summers though.