Special 001 - The First Anniversary

The home for everything about MAHQ's flagship podcast.
hawk of endymion
Location: The Lord Larry King Memorial News Studio at the Gundamn News Tower, HB, CA

thegoose wrote:Question: Is Dustin the official mascot for Gundamn?
He's a provisional member.
The Equation of the Robot Apocalypse:

The Admiral + Flashlight = Dead Robo

B.A., M.A., PhD,
The Yoshiyuki Tomino School of Film.
"You draw'em, we kill'em!"

[email protected]

PSN/XBOX Live: NeoLorroke
Seraphic
Location: Inside the barrel of Wing Zero's left Buster Rifle.

I have a black lab, too, Neo. Winston is a bit over a year. Glad he's past that age where he is more of a shark than he is a dog. The one thing that just makes my jaw drop about Pundam is that the Nu Pundam (?) has funnels! ....punnels.... x,x
Destiny_Gundam wrote:Oh, and we can't forget the delicious cake!
God, it just hit me! Why the hell don't we contact Epic Sugarworks and get us some Axis-shaped cake??

"Um...you want it in the shape of an asteroid?"
"Yes, that's right."

How awesome would that be? =D
"Red particles are bad, they mutate you into... dead? But green/blue particles are good, apparently, for reasons and for purposes yet to be determined. Isn't science sometimes nicely color-coded?"
-Antares

GW: The Sword . Sera's Art . Gameplay . The Lost Citadel
Areku

All right, we can officially start a "Black Labs of Gundamn!" club; I have one as well. Her name's Jett (full name is Jett Black, which isn't my last name :P). Black labs are at home in arctic weather; Jett's favorite winter activity is swimming, and I'm talking about some Zoinking cold water. If Gundamn! goes to Canada, Dustin will be able to ensure no one gets left behind (as long as he still has some energy in him, anyway). He'll probably provide everything you need except for a fire, but you can bet he'll help gather wood!
Destiny_Gundam

Shame we had to put my dog down a few weeks ago. Now we just have a cat that lays around all day.
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
CanadaMan

Well, that expositional onslaught answered a question I was going to ask, very nice!

Just remember, I live in a province that has seen snow every month of the year - just not in the same years.
Now Advertising for Gundamn! in Vancouver
Twitter
Destiny_Gundam

I lived in Alberta for three months during the winter... I had to walk to work every day.

So when I say "I had to walk 15 miles uphill in the snow barefoot to get to work" I damn well mean it.

Though it was a lot easiler than that time I hiked up a fricken mountain in the dead of night when I went to Banf. That took a few hours. Thank God a hot spring awaited us at the top.
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
Demon Lord of L5
Location: DARWEN IN THE COUNTY OF LANCASHIRE IN THE KINGDOM OF ENGLAND

snoops619 wrote:Come to England and do the London/Midlands MCM Expo! It's this Saturday-Sunday! lol.
So are your going to the London MCM Expo this weekend?

if so we have to meet up
COME AND HAVE A GO IF YOU THINK YOUR HARD ENOUGH!!!

BECAUSE I THE DEMON LORD OF L5, ODENST
WILL NOT BACK DOWN TO THAT CHALLENGE
Rurushu Ranperuji

An amazing year, and I'm sure it'll only get better. You guys are certainly my #1 podcast ^^;

I'll be sure to check you guys out come march, I'm local to Orlando, should be fun. Do you guys ever submit to digg? I'm almost sure you can make the front page maybe on a slower day ^^; it would get you a lot of new listeners, just a thought. Great job guys! Can't wait for the next skype in! ^^
hawk of endymion
Location: The Lord Larry King Memorial News Studio at the Gundamn News Tower, HB, CA

Areku wrote:All right, we can officially start a "Black Labs of Gundamn!" club; I have one as well. Her name's Jett (full name is Jett Black, which isn't my last name :P). Black labs are at home in arctic weather; Jett's favorite winter activity is swimming, and I'm talking about some Zoinking cold water. If Gundamn! goes to Canada, Dustin will be able to ensure no one gets left behind (as long as he still has some energy in him, anyway). He'll probably provide everything you need except for a fire, but you can bet he'll help gather wood!
If Dustin is the way he is in the backyard, I don't know about Dustin in the wild. He is a true house dog, he loves A/C, TV, and his dog bed. He does love the water though, except for baths.

B.A., M.A., PhD,

[email protected]

Areku

hawk of endymion wrote:If Dustin is the way he is in the backyard, I don't know about Dustin in the wild. He is a true house dog, he loves A/C, TV, and his dog bed. He does love the water though, except for baths.
Has he ever seen snow? I've worked with several black labs, and they've all seemed to get quite an energy boost when the ground is cold and white. :P Besides, you said it yourself, he loves A/C (though this is Florida we're talking about, I'd be concerned if he didn't).
The Loser Villain

Congrats on 1 year guys!

And thank you for the only podcast I look forward to all the time. I've stayed up till 3 AM just because I become so engrossed by the discussions that you have during the "Show Killer" Episodes. Time passes so quick that I'm often sad when it ends.

When it comes to anime, my friends aren't the biggest Gundam fans. But listening to you guys talk is very much what I wish I could talk about. So thank you guys so much for being there to fill the "Gundam Fan Gap" among my friends. Its almost like Gundamn! has been able to fill a part of my life, as sad as that may sound.

I look forward to many more years of Gundamn! Hopefully I'll contribute in someway. The con scene isn't big in New York City yet, so its doubtful you'll ever get to have a panel up here, but one day I may get to go down to one of the cons you have a panel at in Florida and say thank you in person.

I can't say thank you enough.

P.S. Soulbro, can't agree more on Emma. And I hope you own this, cause I wish I did: Sadly no beret included.
Last edited by The Loser Villain on Thu Oct 23, 2008 10:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Kamille, if it wasn't for you...." Jerid's last words

"You bastard... You don't get it! I'm... I'm special! I'm famous! I'm the king of mock battles!" Patrick
hawk of endymion

Areku wrote:
hawk of endymion wrote:If Dustin is the way he is in the backyard, I don't know about Dustin in the wild. He is a true house dog, he loves A/C, TV, and his dog bed. He does love the water though, except for baths.
Has he ever seen snow? I've worked with several black labs, and they've all seemed to get quite an energy boost when the ground is cold and white. :P Besides, you said it yourself, he loves A/C (though this is Florida we're talking about, I'd be concerned if he didn't).
No, he hasn't seen snow. But yeah, he loves the cold weather. It getting cooler here in Florida and all he wants to do now is go walking on the leash.

B.A., M.A., PhD,

[email protected]

snoops619

Demon Lord of L5 wrote:
snoops619 wrote:Come to England and do the London/Midlands MCM Expo! It's this Saturday-Sunday! lol.
So are your going to the London MCM Expo this weekend?

if so we have to meet up
I'm afraid not. I wanted to but an unexpected financial setback has put a stop to that.
always next year!
TheGoose

I too have a black lab named Ace, after Batman's dog.
GN-003 Kyrios

soul bro making emma on soul calibur 4. that's dedication. I love it!
The old generation can't build the new era-Quattro Bajina (Zeta Gundam)

General
Unsubdued
Nuclear
Drive
Assault
Module
hawk of endymion

GN-003 Kyrios wrote:soul bro making emma on soul calibur 4. that's dedication. I love it!
Other words come to mind first, befor dedication.

B.A., M.A., PhD,

[email protected]

T.V.

hawk of endymion wrote:
GN-003 Kyrios wrote:soul bro making emma on soul calibur 4. that's dedication. I love it!
Other words come to mind first, befor dedication.
Virtual on?...[/zing]

That bit about SBR playing ACE/SRW to desperately get her on his team, sounded almost like he was playing a harem game instead. :P

At least you'll call eachother out on your particular eccentricities. ;)
Lans

Meh, the celebration already over yet? We ought to get more Emma and Pundam! Frankly, I urge you people to get an official MAHQ drop boxes for those two. :P

OFC, I realize that MAHQ are nowhere near a democracy system, but what have we learned from 00? Armed interventions works! :mrgreen:
GN-003 Kyrios

We should do an armed intervention to stop pundam.
The old generation can't build the new era-Quattro Bajina (Zeta Gundam)

General
Unsubdued
Nuclear
Drive
Assault
Module
Momaru

Haaha! I really loved this episode! It was really great to hear you guys go a bit more free form once and a while. It was really funny especially the bits about me getting banned and the dog humping Chris's leg. I can't wait until the next anniversary episode! Here's to another year of Gundamn!

I honestly don't quite know what to say either about pundam except it is possibly the creepiest thing that I have ever had the displeasure of seeing. Also, thanks for the plug Chris even if I am getting banned for displeasing the bald wizard himself. It seems that I started some interesting chain of events with pundam too.

SoulBro, I feel for you man. I guess the other hosts are just never going to be able to appreciate Emma like we do.
Tell me why, at this turning point in our history, must we fight amongst each other and further pollute the earth?
- Char Aznable, Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam