Ep. 118 - Apocalypse, Cancelled!

The home for everything about MAHQ's flagship podcast.
Soul Bro Ryu

Ep. 118 - Apocalypse, Cancelled!

Gundamn! @ MAHQ Ep. 118 - "Apocalypse, Cancelled!"
- Download Now!: 64 kbps - 118 min., 19 sec. (1:58:19) - 54.2 MB

Join the Conversation about this episode @ Gundamn.net!

Segment Breakdown for this Episode:

01. Intro: "Neo's News & The Hopers & Dreamers Corner"
Runtime: 0:00:00 - 0:30:54

02. I Thought They Smelled Bad on the Outside (Podcast)
Runtime: 0:30:54 - 0:31:44

03. SSAA Podcast: The Ass-Backwards Anime Podcast (Podcast)
Runtime: 0:31:44 - 0:32:34

04. 1st Segment: "The Macross 30th Anniversary - A Year in Review" (Discussion)
Runtime: 0:32:34 - 0:48:04

05. "They Call Him..." by Garma Strikes!
Runtime: 0:48:04 - 0:49:05

06. Anime Addicts Anonymous (Podcast)
Runtime: 0:49:05 - 0:49:48

07. 2nd Segment: "The Sci-Fi Movies of 2013! - A Year in Preview"
Runtime: 0:49:48 - 1:22:10

08. Second Opinion Games (Podcast)
Runtime: 1:22:10 - 1:23:11

09. Next Time on Fighters Ready! - "Ep. 007: We're On Award Tour! - 2012" (Podcast)
Runtime: 1:23:11 - 1:25:23

10. Outro: "Closing/The Gundamn Mailbag!/Shoutouts!/Peep the Websites!"
Runtime: 1:25:23 - 1:58:19

We discuss the Macross 30th Anniversary and then rifle through some of the upcoming sci-fi movies releasing throughout 2013!

Ep. 118 - Extra Segments! (Very NSFW!)
- Coming Soon!

In-between segments, we sometimes have inspired off-topic and uncensored conversations about anything and everything. Now, they have a home on our YouTube channel! Subscribe to our Youtube channel @ http://www.YouTube.com/GundamnMAHQ and be on the lookout for more extra segments!

Even after all of that, you're still hankering for more Gundamn?! Well, catch us guest hosting on the following podcasts!
- Ikaricast: Season 4, Episode 30 (feat. Chris Guanche) - iTunes
- Ikaricast: Season 4, Episode 33 (feat. Neo Lorrnoke) - iTunes
- I Thought They Smelled Bad on the Outside: Episode 57 "Game-ception - Dot Hack" (feat. Neo Lorrnoke) - iTunes
- Tomocast Ep. 40: "Gundam" (feat. Chris & Soul Bro Ryu) - iTunes
- Anime Addicts Anonymous Ep. 153: "Anime Inventions & Mobile Suit Gundam AGE" (feat. Soul Bro Ryu) - iTunes

Also, don't forget to participate in Gundamn Fan Chat! Organized by NastyNate, there are several ways that you can let him know that you want to be a part of the next session:

- Participate in the Gundamn Fan Chat Thread @ Mechatalk.net!
- Become a part of the MAHQ Facebook Group!

Make sure to peep their latest pow-wow below!
- Ep. 001 - Favorite Mecha Anime Relationships (The Premiere Episode!)
- Ep. 002 - Top 5 Mecha Final Battles (Feat. Soul Bro Ryu)
- Ep. 003 - Favorite Gundamn Moments and Top 3 MSV
- Ep. 004 - Top 3 Anime that made us the fans we are/Top 5 Grunt Suits

Want to ask us a question that could be played during a future episode? Call the MAHQ Google Voice Line @ 305-792-8324 and leave a question (or message) that's no longer than 4 minutes. Make sure that at the beginning you leave your NAME specify that your message is for "GUNDAMN! @ MAHQ" also! We're looking forward to hearing from the Gundamnation and answering your voicemails!

Peep these Podcasts & Videos also!:
- Chaos Theater: Sp. 003 - Hatercast feat. Austin Blake & Neo Lorrnoke! (Mechatalk Thread)
- Fighters Ready!: Ep. 006 - Open the Game! feat. Samantha Marchello & Scott Wachter of RPGamer.com! (FightersReady.net Thread)
- Shinjuku Station Fight Tube: Video Review - JoJo's Bizarre Adventure - Anime TV Series - Ep. 001 - "Dio the Destroyer"

Want to have your Gundamn-centric works featured in the next episode? Then, send in your creative entries for the next "Gundamnation Spotlight" to [email protected]!

Many thanks for listening!
Soul Bro Ryu
[email protected]

Peep the Websites!:
MAHQ.net - Gundamn.net - Gundamn! @ MechaTalk Forum - Previous Episodes - Chaos Theater - Chaos Theater @ Mechatalk Forum - Laplace's Box - Fighters Ready! - Level Nine - @MAHQDotNet - @GundamnAtMAHQ - Digg - Facebook group - Spill - iTunes - Main RSS Feed - Shinjuku Station Fight Tube! - Shinjuku Station At The Movies - MichaelBay.com: The Official Domain of His Bayness

Zune: zune://subscribe/?Gundamn=http://feeds.feedburner.com/Gundamn

[email protected]

Voicemail Hotline: 305-792-8324
Soul Bro Ryu
http://www.Gundamn.net
http://About.me/SoulBroRyu
Xbox Live: Soul Bro Ryu
PSN: Soul_Bro_Ryu
Mu La Flaga

Re: Ep. 118 - Apocalypse, Cancelled!

Ok so can't say anything on Macross 30th Anniversary.

As for Scifi related movies and all that stuff this year I am going to see.
Iron Man 3, Thor 2: Dark World, Paccifc Rim, Star Trek in to Darkness, the District 9 sequel.
Might be more i have to check up the list of movies for the year.

Also as for SBR's comment of me needing it repeated, that's rich coming from the guy who has given us such great infamous lines as.
"Young Asian Boys"
"Ali al Sausage"
"King Arthur"

So that is your Australian Nemsis'es jab back at you, with a beam saber.
Besides you've got Austin to deal with it seems anyway :P
Arbiter GUNDAM

There's going to be a lot of Arbiter_GUNDAM and MacrossWorld jokes in this, isn't there? :)
I can fly if I ride the wind! Gori gori!

--Freyja Wion
Chris
Administrator

Arbiter GUNDAM wrote:There's going to be a lot of Arbiter_GUNDAM and MacrossWorld jokes in this, isn't there? :)
You guessed it.
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his
hawk of endymion
Location: The Lord Larry King Memorial News Studio at the Gundamn News Tower, HB, CA

Arbiter GUNDAM wrote:There's going to be a lot of Arbiter_GUNDAM and MacrossWorld jokes in this, isn't there? :)
But then, there are a lot of Soul Bro jokes too. So don't feel special.
The Equation of the Robot Apocalypse:

The Admiral + Flashlight = Dead Robo

B.A., M.A., PhD,
The Yoshiyuki Tomino School of Film.
"You draw'em, we kill'em!"

[email protected]

PSN/XBOX Live: NeoLorroke
Turn-A Binker

I'm surprised that in the topic of sci-fi/superhero films coming out this year, there was one movie missing on those lists: Man of Steel. Chris, you do know that Nolan is producing that one, right?
Chris
Administrator

Turn-A Binker wrote:I'm surprised that in the topic of sci-fi/superhero films coming out this year, there was one movie missing on those lists: Man of Steel. Chris, you do know that Nolan is producing that one, right?
Yeah, but he's not directing it. Zack Snyder is, and his work has been a mixed bag. I'm also not a fan of Superman, and while I'll see the movie, it's not something I'm super excited about, like say Iron Man 3 or Thor 2.
Kaioshin Sama

I don't think its possible to disagree with so wholeheartedly and yet agree more emphatically two back to back answers than the ones Chris gave in the mailbag this episode. For starters I can't possibly conceive of tanking a company I see as flying so high as Sunrise right now nor can I comprehend what Chris could have to be spiteful over. Heres a company that in the last couple years got a show about a 30 year old washed up superhero on TV and made it a success in Japan, tackled a supposedly unadaptable series of light novels because they "liked the challenge" and made it a success, released the best selling OVA series of all time which is still going strong, and has had some genuinely funny comedy gems of late as well albeit it with varied success. They produced short film by Katushiro Otomo that almost received an Oscar nomination for best short animated film and won an award from the Japanese ministry of culture as a significant work. They've tackled just about every genre and audience I can think of so far this decade and done well in almost all cases so to even consider that they should be punished or put out of business is baffling to me. Rather if I could make a couple tweaks they would be not trusting other companies to handle the writing for Gundam and less idol crap cause the Peters of the world already have enough of those.

That said Led Zeppelin and Floyd for anime themes would own. Two favorite bands right there.

P.S: if the question had been about Satelight I'd say tank em' though. That dismal Macross anniversary, all that QUALITY and crappy writing in their mecha shows....I swear Gundam AGE looks like a masterpiece compared to what they've been putting out and I hope Sunrise can shame them somehow with Valverave.
Chris
Administrator

Wow dude, talk about totally not getting a joke. What made you think it was a serious answer?
Kaioshin Sama

Chris wrote:Wow dude, talk about totally not getting a joke. What made you think it was a serious answer?
The internet basically. I've gotten so used to hearing people saying stuff like that and meaning it for real that I had to ask. Glad to hear you haven't gone all /m on us cause this is again one of the last bastions of non-ragey mecha fans for me.

By the way since its part of the discussion just what are your favorite zeppelin and Floyd songs respectively? Mine are In The Evening and Goodbye Blue Sky.
Chris
Administrator

Kaioshin Sama wrote:By the way since its part of the discussion just what are your favorite zeppelin and Floyd songs respectively? Mine are In The Evening and Goodbye Blue Sky.
That's not an easy question, but I'd probably go with "Over the Hills and Far Away" and "Shine On You Crazy Diamond" (both parts). Actually, just everything from the albums those songs originated from.
raijinz

Just heard the episode yesterday, I'll admit I was mortified by Chris' response and can not apologise enough for the grave inconvenience my Mailbag question caused!

I've been so busy these days I don't get much chance to contribute to the show, so in trying to make up for lost time I kinda ended up bombarding the mailbag, for which I apologise deeply and sincerely.

I think I have written a couple other questions you haven't gotten to yet, so I'm not sure of those will pass the quality control test, but from NOW onwards all future questions will be vetted for suitable length and content.

Rest assured, I have learned my lesson and will reign in my enthusiasm in future! Sorry guys!
////////////////
A Bright-slap is too good for you!!
PSN: roytecx
Chris
Administrator

It's no big deal. If you have questions in a post that we haven't gotten to yet, you can always go back and edit it.
hawk of endymion
Location: The Lord Larry King Memorial News Studio at the Gundamn News Tower, HB, CA

raijinz wrote:Just heard the episode yesterday, I'll admit I was mortified by Chris' response and can not apologise enough for the grave inconvenience my Mailbag question caused!

I've been so busy these days I don't get much chance to contribute to the show, so in trying to make up for lost time I kinda ended up bombarding the mailbag, for which I apologise deeply and sincerely.

I think I have written a couple other questions you haven't gotten to yet, so I'm not sure of those will pass the quality control test, but from NOW onwards all future questions will be vetted for suitable length and content.

Rest assured, I have learned my lesson and will reign in my enthusiasm in future! Sorry guys!
And you should be mortified, don't clog up cyberspace with all those words, there are cat videos to view!

P.S. Don't trust robots.

B.A., M.A., PhD,

[email protected]

eanetdude

Chris wrote:Wow dude, talk about totally not getting a joke. What made you think it was a serious answer?
You're dealing with an audience of which some people didn't get the Episode 100 Evangelion joke. Don't be surprised.
hawk of endymion

eanetdude wrote: You're dealing with an audience of which some people didn't get the Episode 100 Evangelion joke. Don't be surprised.
Joke? What was the joke?

B.A., M.A., PhD,

[email protected]

mobiusdiablo

hawk of endymion wrote:
eanetdude wrote: You're dealing with an audience of which some people didn't get the Episode 100 Evangelion joke. Don't be surprised.
Joke? What was the joke?
Touche good sir, touche.

Though I must say. Chris. As much as you're turning over a new leaf and channeling the hopes and dreams... it's creepy! I understand why you do it, but doing so deprives the world of valuable lessons and hilarious, poignant rants! Come back to the dark side!
From 00 S2 ep 25

Tieria: As long as you keep looking down on them, you'll never understand them!
Ribbons: *has Newtype-y flash of AGE, of Kio and his UNDERSTANDING replacing his show* I DON'T WANT TO UNDERSTAND!