Ep. 020 - Nina's Boys

The home for everything about MAHQ's flagship podcast.
hawk of endymion
Location: The Lord Larry King Memorial News Studio at the Gundamn News Tower, HB, CA

Wingnut wrote: There was one other character in 0083 that you guys missed that I felt sorry for. Lucette who was the designer of the GP-03. She did her part for the plot then got tossed out like the trash. Poor girl.
There there was that other Fed bastard at La Vie En Rose that was the you love to hate him type and I do hope the Albion crew at least put the fear of God into him for what he did. Personally I'd have pulled a Laura Rosalin and chucked him out an airlock without a normal suit.
Yeah, forgot about the girl. That was another classic example of a nice character getting killed, while the other idiots survived in that show.
The Equation of the Robot Apocalypse:

The Admiral + Flashlight = Dead Robo

B.A., M.A., PhD,
The Yoshiyuki Tomino School of Film.
"You draw'em, we kill'em!"

[email protected]

PSN/XBOX Live: NeoLorroke
yazi88

When you guys where talking about the Zeon-Nazi comparisons in this episode and talked about some people from 0080, like Von Helsing, wasn't he trying NOT to nuke the colony but rather his superior Colonel Killing doing so.
Chris
Administrator

yazi88 wrote:When you guys where talking about the Zeon-Nazi comparisons in this episode and talked about some people from 0080, like Von Helsing, wasn't he trying NOT to nuke the colony but rather his superior Colonel Killing doing so.
He didn't want to nuke the colony, but he was ordered to do it and was on his way when they were attacked by the Feds. He was lucky he got captured and didn't have to pull the trigger.
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his
JQuilty

Chris wrote: He didn't want to nuke the colony, but he was ordered to do it and was on his way when they were attacked by the Feds. He was lucky he got captured and didn't have to pull the trigger.
I thought he intentionally surrendered?
hotlimit

Great show! Probably my favorite since the Star Wars/Trek/Gundam comparison episode. You guys need to get angry more often.

I loved the talk about 0083. That dang Kelly/Kou male bonding thing (after Kou gets all depressed and gets beat up in some Hong Kong alleyway) was the FIRST Gundam episode I ever saw. Needless to say I was put off of Gundam for about 6 years. (this was back when Adult Swim was running Cowboy Bebop and Samurai Jack, relatively quality stuff, plus I've never had cable so it was just a one-time thing) Good thing I had the sense to get over it and watch the original.

Chris: Way to smack down all the haters, you can get as angry as you want because you probably have to deal with more of those people than anyone else. All I can say about getting more DVD sales is they need to keep including extras in the collectors boxes or whatever. If someone is going to buy something because they are a fan, give them something to make them feel like a fan. (shallow maybe, but there are people that who will be swayed by a keychain or uh... underwear)

Soul Bro: I keep hearing these ads for 'Level 9' and I know those are some of the Flip the Script guys, is this a podcast or what? Where can I get it? I've got to hear the uncut version of the Force Unleashed review!

Destiny Gundam: You talked about Encounters in Space, but did you ever play Climax UC? I wish more Gundam games would get a domestic release. You guys have to do another little games segment and talk about some of the PS2 titles that are out there.
Destiny_Gundam

hotlimit wrote:Destiny Gundam: You talked about Encounters in Space, but did you ever play Climax UC?
Sadly, no. I wish I could, but it was never released over here. Other than Encounters in Space, I have Fed VS Zeon, MS Saga, SEED: Never Ending Tomorrow, and Gundam VS Zeta Gundam for the PS2. I also have Gundam SEED Battle Assualt for the GBA, and Gundam 00 for the DS. Since the DS has no region protection, you can play imports without modding.
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
Areku

Destiny_Gundam wrote:Sadly, no. I wish I could, but it was never released over here.
This suggestion is so obvious that I'm most likely wrong, but couldn't you just order it online? I remember ordering it for a friend a few years back and got a brand new copy for US $9, but I don't really know how Canadian delivery works.
Last edited by Areku on Sun Sep 21, 2008 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sume Gai

Areku wrote:
Destiny_Gundam wrote:Sadly, no. I wish I could, but it was never released over here.
This suggestion is so obvious that I'm most likely wrong, but wouldn't Ebay be a pretty easy solution?
he'd still need either a Japanese PS2 (or other less legal method) to play the game
"If You are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve" -Captain Harlock

"I like the SAGA. Its what Rambo would pilot if he was in Gundam 00" -Kylern
Areku

I don't know how my edit made another post, but okay...

EiS definitely has a NA release, it came out back in 2003.

Edit: Gah, nevermind, we're talking about Climax UC, not EiS. Excuse me, I'll be in the corner.
hotlimit

I don't want to get too off topic, but you can get Japanese PS2s used off of Ebay for the same price or cheaper than you can North American PS2s. If you're seriously into Gundam and gaming, and aren't afraid to learn a little Japanese, it's not a huge investment.

Getting a mod-chip (which is what I assume you mean by a less legal method) or a system already chipped is just as expensive (and it's not like you have easier access to the games either).
yazi88

I loved the "Neo's RAAAGE!!!!" segment, its like he's going into angry SEED mode and just tearing $**t apart. Hope you do it more often in the future Neo.
The Chief

Another great episode guys. One thing that I need to say is that I clicked on the Epic SugarWorks lnk and god Chris is your Zeta cake the coolest thing ever. I wouldn't even want to eat it, just marvel at its greatness! O and Destiny Nina is not the most hated women in Gundam, that award goes to Chara from ZZ.
XBL GT: Gladiator 01
PSN: ShadowWolf117
Sume Gai

The Chief wrote:Nina is not the most hated women in Gundam, that award goes to Chara from ZZ.
you all forget Katajina... well until next time at least...
"If You are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve" -Captain Harlock

"I like the SAGA. Its what Rambo would pilot if he was in Gundam 00" -Kylern
Destiny_Gundam

Nobody hates Chara. She too stupid to hate.

Katajina loses points because she's a villain. Nina is supposed to be a good guy, yet she's such a foul and vile person.

Besides, I see a lot more hate for Nina. Heck, not even Fllay is bashed so often.
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
Kavik Ryx

I'm starting to think there should be a rule or something that you do not name an anime character Nina. It always ends badly.
The Loser Villain

Great episode guys. I really want to find Dragonar now because you guys made it sound really good.

The 0083 segment hit the nail on the head. Since you mention the idea of the Nazification of Zeon starting from the OVAs, perhaps in the future a segment dedicated to that idea, or perhaps about historical influences on Gundam.
"Kamille, if it wasn't for you...." Jerid's last words

"You bastard... You don't get it! I'm... I'm special! I'm famous! I'm the king of mock battles!" Patrick
yazi88

The Loser Villain wrote:Great episode guys. I really want to find Dragonar now because you guys made it sound really good.
Have fun with the hong kong subtitles. God knows how much I cracked up watching it.

Also got to point out that although ironic there is a another character named Nina from a certain anime *cough, geass, cough, table humper, cough* that is equally hated if not more.
Vent Noir

yazi88 wrote:
The Loser Villain wrote:Great episode guys. I really want to find Dragonar now because you guys made it sound really good.
Have fun with the hong kong subtitles. God knows how much I cracked up watching it.

Also got to point out that although ironic there is a another character named Nina from a certain anime *cough, geass, cough, table humper, cough* that is equally hated if not more.
In fact, it seems that the name "Nina/Nena" is a bad sign... (Nena Trinity, Nina Wang...)
CanadaMan

And the honorable mention of SoulBro's man-love AMV with Bernie and Al in 0080.

Nice episode guys, you're legal to drink in all of Canada, and have been since Ep. 19.
Now Advertising for Gundamn! in Vancouver
Twitter
hawk of endymion
Location: The Lord Larry King Memorial News Studio at the Gundamn News Tower, HB, CA

Sume Gai wrote:
The Chief wrote:Nina is not the most hated women in Gundam, that award goes to Chara from ZZ.
you all forget Katajina... well until next time at least...
stay tune for episode 21.

Katajina gets her day in Gundam Roundup installment 8.
The Equation of the Robot Apocalypse:

The Admiral + Flashlight = Dead Robo

B.A., M.A., PhD,
The Yoshiyuki Tomino School of Film.
"You draw'em, we kill'em!"

[email protected]

PSN/XBOX Live: NeoLorroke