TARRRPG Chapter 6: Point Alpha

Where old RPGs go when they die and move on to the afterlife.
Wingnut

- Ceres bridge -

"Where did that attack come from?" asked Ryker.

"It seems to have come from a mobile suit bearing 063 degrees high at 4000. Picking up high levels of GN particles as well."

"Well that explains why we didn't see it until now. Scramble units to intercept!"

- Theo Rawn -

"I see. I may have something to back that up as well. You see, I too have a newtype pilot under my command and not long ago I received a communication telling me to keep a close eye on him. Now the odd part is the fact that he is probably the most loyal man I know, and yet I get a message telling me to watch him more closely.
It seems that the higher ups are getting somewhat paranoid about newtypes that are not under their direct control."

- Raven Sterling -

Lady Sterling was once again in a foul mood. Namely over the attack on the Lunar Corp satellite and what a disaster it turned out to be.

Raven signaled her aide. "Have Juuso Eljas report to me as soon as possible. I have something that I wish to discuss with him."

"Yes, my Lady."
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
Kylern

-Kyle-

"Well I'll up front an honest with you. I can't fight for the Federation anymore. Their the reason my sister is dead... I'll fight in your defense but you can't ask me for more than that." He said this as his eyes slowly started to shut. He was exhausted from the lack of sleep and the level of stress he had been under since finding out Kayla had died. Now he was ready to rest... So with those last words he fell asleep in that chair.
When the books are written will we be on the right side of history?
Totally Awesome Random Robot RPG
Sume Gai

Sume Gai

Gai was one of the first to launch and sighting the enemy radioed:

"It looks like someone took a Leopard Destroy and stuck a GN drive on it"

with that he raised and fired his Linear Rifle. at the mech's head
"If You are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve" -Captain Harlock

"I like the SAGA. Its what Rambo would pilot if he was in Gundam 00" -Kylern
The Big Zabowski

Michael

"Bawoo K, away.."

The Bawoo K lurched and then was flung out of the hangar at high speeds as the GN drive spooled up and let loose a flurry of greenish yellow GN particles. The Monoeye flared to life as well and quickly tracked left and right before halting at the sight of Gai moving into position to open fire on the offending suit.

"Oh for the love of Mike..erm me; it's like everyone and their mother has GN drive suits now. Except you guys that is.. Here we go.~"

With a lazy roll, Michael ascended into the fray. He rolled his suit to show it's ventral side to the Leopard, and in effect the shield weapon that covered the belly of the suit.

5 GN beam cannons..

"Kitty, lets poke some holes in him so he can breathe.."

"Ohh..like a bullfrog?"

"Exactly."

With the pipper hot Kitty yelped out "Target solution aquired!~"

"Thank you, ma'am.."

Michael then squeezed the left control stick's trigger, the cannons belching a quintet of yellow-green beams toward the Leopard. His right hand..or rather manipulator adjusted the throttle lever, firewalling it.

"Hey Red, you just opened up with a missile volley? With THAT thing? Christ, you some kind of pansy?"
TRANS AM!
Yes, it's a V8.
Yes, it was a Trans Am before there was "TRANS AM."
Yes, it's mine. 8)
SNT1

--Slug--

"Alright," Slug calls back to the big ship, then opens up a line again to Antonio. "You heard the man, send them my resume, and what we do. I can't imagine they're just going to let someone take a ride with them without much proof."

"Got it Slugs, doing it right now."

As he was preparing for landing, he suddenly sees an attack from above, "What the..." And it didn't take long to see some units scramble out of the ship. Slug was still babying his unit, calling back to Ceres, "Do you still clear me for landing or should I start my services?" Then, he calls back to Antoio, seeing the units with particles emissions...

"GN Drives, Antonio. When should we start working on these?"

"Don't know Slug, why won't you kill us one and bring it in back here in Flagstaff?"

"Heh."
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
Wingnut

- Ryker -

"You may proceed and engage the enemy, Mr. Slug."

Ryker felt a little weirded out by calling someone slug without reason even if it was their name, but he would just have to get used to it.

Calling down to the hanger he got a hold of Wingnut.

"I want you to launch and scout ahead to see if there is any more trouble waiting in our path to Point Alpha."

"Roger that. I go out now."

A few minutes later the hanger door opened and Wingnut launched out and flew well ahead of the Ceres looking for any trouble that may be out there.
The Gundam wiki

R.I.P., SDGO.
Terrace

Terrace bolted to the pilot ready room and donned his normal suit, his wingmen doing likewise. Within thirty seconds, all three had launched, the GM Heavyarms each using sleds.

"What the heck? The Leopard Destroy? Come on, guys, time to show why GMs and Heavyarms can beat this cheap ripoff!"

---

Not so fast!

Two-face, when confronted with several shots coming straight at him, simply turned off the propulsion, dropping ten meters and causing both attacks to miss him completely. Now safe, he re-engaged the propulsion and noted that his real targets had finally launched.

"This is the pilot of the Leopard Destroy. You will all be killed if you resist. I am no ordinary opponent!"

With that, Two-face started using his Newtype powers to mess with the perceptions of all members of the Gundam Team present, causing all of them to see two Leopard Destroys.

"Let's see you find the real me!"

Time for some more chaos. He also reached out and grabbed hold of the minds of the GM Heavyarms pilots, manipulating them like puppets to shoot at Micheal and Sume Gai.

"I may be a Newtype, but I don't need fancy remote weapons!"
Heavyarms is the best walking weapons pile of all the Gundams!

Click Here!
Sume Gai

Sume Gai

as Two Face reached for Gai's mind he would find a surprise. The same resonance that kept Gai's and Wan's powers in check would mute Two face's power's effects on Gai and if Two Face tried to force his way in would cause him great pain.

Gai was completely unaware of this and continued his assault

"sorry but I'm not going to just give up"

then fire from the GM Heavyarms team came in from the side. Gai managed to ascend in order to evade.

"What the hell? you two check your targets!"

Gai followed this by firing again at the Leopard. this time leading him with two shots.
"If You are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve" -Captain Harlock

SNT1

--Slug--

With just a silent 'yes' and a nod in his cockpit, Slugger makes his way towards the battlefield up top. It has already quickly developed. With his computer sensors, he was able to determine friend and foe, even thought the signal is not as strong as he would have liked. Then again, this would pose little problem as much of his career consist of finding little holes in caves and jungles to blow the crap out of the enemies' hideouts.

He has been warned about this Newtype-Mumbo Jumbo, with powers that seem to be like the ones on X-Men or Heroes. He focuses on the task at hand. Seeing the red Leopard-D that has been shot twice, Slug goes for the other. While in WaveRider mode, and at a 45-degree ascent, he fires six quick shots from the two beam cannons.

"All right, let's see how we do," Slugger mutters, with his unit clouding up at high speed.
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
Cybaster

-Emily and Kirie-

"Emily Stormgunner,"

"Kirie Morgan,"

Both said in unison as their respective Mobile Suits lined up onto the Ceres' launch catapult, Emily blinking quizzically outside. They couldn't be at Point Alpha yet; For one, the terrain didn't look too California-ish, and for another, there was no Lune. Or heads and tails of Masaki, either. Emily shrugged....and then as she realized what was going on, she grinned. Random Encounter --- which meant extra XP! :D Sadly, Emily sulked right after, she'll have to keep as much HP as possible for the real battle ahead.

Kirie didn't share Emily's enthusiasm for XP, of course, but he wasn't about to sit there twiddling his thumbs while the Ceres came under attack, either.

"Unicorn Gundam,"

"Musha Gundam,"

"Moving out!"

"Oh, my Launch check was a total of 22."

"...Buh?" o_O

With the roll of 22, Emily and Kirie's Gundams rocketed out of the Ceres, moved into formation with each other (Emily winking at Kirie in the process), and then flew towards the intermittent hostile contact who seemed bent on interrupting the story plot --- and then something happened, but all it did was confuse Emily momentarily as she eyed the Leopard Destroy, trying to figure out whatever the heck it was doing and what spell it was. The Unicorn Gundam surged forward and up.

Emily was seeing only the real Leopard Destroy. Whatever Two-Face was doing to the Newtypes...either Emily was unaffected, or the Unicorn Gundam itself seemed to render Emily immune to it. "Uh, Ems? Quick question before you start ganking everything in sight in search of XP and Fifth Weapons?" Kirie raised his hand as his Musha approached from another direction. Emily was gaining altitude. "You sure you're okay after that coma you were in earlier? Maybe you should sit this one out---"

"And miss out on XP again? Never! Raar!"

Kirie sighed. And that settled the matter. "Oooookay then, just make sure you have clean shots before doing anything, okay? And as for you, evildoer..." Kirie then turned forward...and glared at Two-Face. His Jedi Mind Tricks won't work on Kirie! "Let's see how your parlor tricks handle dealing with a real Knight, buddy...!" With that, dual-wielding the Naginata and Jumonji-Yari in both hands, Kirie's Musha Gundam thundered and charged at the Leopard Destroy from above in a wide leftwards circle, the former spinning defensively in front of the Musha to parry the Leopard Destroy's solid-round attacks.

-Masaki and Lune-

"Right, good work." Dreamer's voice praised over the Psybuster's comm channels as Masaki finished telling him. "A DC contingent will be waiting for you two there. Just meet with them and make sure Lune's alright. Thanks."

Then Dreamer was offline, and Masaki was left to frown. And he got into this why? Dreamer promised that Shuu would "find him eventually", but what exactly did that mean? And of course, there was also her to deal with --- and it wasn't amicable at first sight, either. Masaki shuddered slightly at the thought; Lune seemed angry at something when Masaki finally found her, and being hotheaded, she didn't hesitate to use the Psybuster to blow off that steam.

Meaning, Lune actually attacked Masaki at first...but when she finally caught a sight of him through skin-to-skin communications, that notion seemed to melt away instantaneously for some reason, and Lune became very much willing to go with Masaki to report in at Vandenburg...and even that was an understatement.

"Hey, Masaki," Lune Zoldark, the objective of the whole thing and the girl who was flying to the Psybuster's right flank in the girl-like Valsione with pink hair, cooed at that precise moment. There was a hint of dreaminess in her tone; between that and angry-Lune, Masaki didn't know which was scarier. "So, how long have you been with the DC? I don't seem to remember you back then..."

"I just took a mission from them a few days ago, really..." Masaki replied quizzically. Where was Lune going with this now...? "I'm not with...the DC at all, if that's what you meant..."

"Nonono, I'm...well, uh...I'm just surprised Dad didn't recruit you earlier! You being that strong and all, and the Psybuster...well, mostly you...where did you learn all that?"

"It's...well, it's a long story! You don't want to hear it!"

"I've got time---"

"No, really, it's fine!" Masaki snapped hastily, flustering with embarassment; This caused Kuro and Shiro beside his cockpit chair to snicker to themselves, and Masaki quietly giving them 'Don't you both start' looks. "I'll, uh, tell you later! After this mission, at least!"

Lune smiled; the Valsione, along with Lune, placed her left hand onto her cheek and leaned her hair against the palm in admiration. "That's a promise, then?"

Masaki rolled his eyes. Lune was a very strange girl. Beautiful, yes, and strong as all heck, and---Moot point! Moot point! Masaki quickly stopped himself, shaking his head. Kuro and Shiro were on the verge of laughing now. After this chances are you'll be done with her anyway. The DC will take her and that's the last you'll see of Lune, Masaki. Probably...

For some reason, that last thought didn't seem as pleasing at first glance. Masaki blinked. Maybe it was...well, Lune wasn't too bad, come to think of it. Just...strange. That other girl on the Gundam Team...Emily, was it?...she was definitely weirder than Lune, anyway. "Yeah, sure," Masaki finally answered, and Kuro and Shiro blinked at each other. "Someday if I have time."

"I'll be waiting for it, y'know. Just make sure you remember me after this." That dreamy, slightly sullen expression that was next on the Valsione's face was passing, and it gave way to an angry look again as Lune/Valsione raised its fist and shook it menacingly. "Or else, Masaki! If you forget me I'll make sure you really regret it!"

That one made Masaki and his familiars sweatdrop.
Don't throw the baton, you jacka**!!!
Kylern

-DC Detachment-

The White Knight disengaged its rocket boosters just as they entered the operation zone. And quickly the spent tanks fell to the ground below as the Tesla Drive DC had installed kicked into action. This combined with the normal thrust of his board kept him in flight as the two machines came into view. He opened up communication with them as he sky surfed his way over to them.

"This is Kylern of DC forces. We are here to pick the Miss up." His white VR arrived and forced into a stop as particles of light sprayed around it. He looked at the two powerful robots and remembered who they were from anime... His mind was slightly fuzzy from his time spent in this universe but he knew for sure that they were dangerous if you were on the wrong side of them. His VR wouldn't stand a chance against the Cybuster or the Valsione.
Last edited by Kylern on Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sume Gai

Alex Bloke

as they had approached the main land Alex had moved in front of Kylern. the reason being that Kylern had a higher strategic value than he did due to his "connection" with the gundam team.

when they finally saw their targets even Alex was surprised by the Valsione's appearance. moving forward Alex began a scan of the area...

hellbore

-Hellbore-

Hellbore had been wandering the hallways of the ship when the attack came. The violent shaking removed his legs from under him and he hit the ground... hard. He got up and rubbed his chin where he had smashed it against the deck. A little bit of blood came away in his hand but nothing to serious. With that he took off toward the hanger.

A little while later, he skidded to a halt in front of the Freedom and scrambled aboard. He raced through the pre-flight check and moved to the launch catapult.

"Hellbore, Freedom, going out."

He flew out of the hanger and snapped the wing units to HiMAT mode. He saw the other pilots engaging a lone suit which spewed out red GN particles. He smiled and flipped his Balaena plasma cannons and fired two bursts at the enemy from long range.

-Juuso Eljas-

Juuso walked into Raven's audience chamber, head held high, his bearing erect. He reached the raised dais where Raven waited. Juuso bowed low and said, "Commander Juuso Eljas, reporting as ordered, my Lady." He stayed bowed, awaiting whatever fate dealt him, knowing in his own mind and heart, he did no wrong.
dreacon

Dreacon worked his way through the Grey wolf, his first battle over.
He'd been on the ship for a short time, yet he haddent yet met the ships captain, and such things are important. He found the Ship was slightly more advanced than an Argama Class, It reminded him of another design Myers was working on. Just like the Jeagans.
It was the same time and place as his world but things turned out much diferent here.
He finaly worked his way to the bridge, he was looking for the captain, he scaned the faces of the men and women on the bridge, a good crew. He reached out to see if any were like him, Newtype.
We're oft' t' blame and this tis' too much prove'd that with devotion's visage and pious action we do sugar o'er the devil himself.
The Big Zabowski

Michael

"Ahh?~"

Michael raised a brow as the Leopard's pilot spouted off about 'finding the real him.' It was then that the Leopard phased into two craft, but for some reason it appeared more as double vision than anything.

"Compensating, adjust."

Michael closed his eyes as he juked the Bawoo into a banking climb to evade the incoming GM Heavyarms pilot, whose feeble mind had been taken ahold of by what was most likely the Leopard pilot.

"Not this again.."

His eyes opened with a goldish green tint to his normally hazel eyes. With a firing of his thrusters, he pulled into the GM pilot's fire, the GN barrier shrugging off the rounds like simple pebbles. He opened up with his GN rifle, a trio of shots lancing toward the chest and lower torso of the suit.
TRANS AM!
Yes, it's a V8.
Yes, it was a Trans Am before there was "TRANS AM."
Yes, it's mine. 8)
Cybaster

-Emily and Kirie-

Kirie, Naginata spinning and charging for the Leopard Destroy firing Gatling bullets at him, the shots impacting against the spinning Naginata's blade and hilt, narrowed his eyes, bringing focus at his enemy. He was almost there, and so was Emily, coming in from above. He was just about to close the remaining distance, however, when the Ceres suddenly hailed him, causing Kirie to momentarily lose his focus. "What!?" Kirie snapped back --- he was in no mood to be polite at that moment --- as he suddenly found himself strafing left and away from the Leopard Destroy in response, some of the shots finding their way past the shield and narrowly missing the Musha Gundam.

"Emily, Kirie, Wingnut is moving on ahead to Point Alpha." Ryker's voice began; He seemed to understand Kirie's lack of courteous mood in the middle of battle and didn't seem to mind being snapped at. "The Unicorn's mobility and weapons will be useful and the Musha is designed with drawn-out battles in mind; I want you two to break off your attack and accompany him."

"Break off our attack!?" Kirie yelled in surprise, now moving back, somersaulting over one of the mind-controlled Heavyarms pilots with the Musha Gundam, landing, and carving off its left arm and other Gatling gun in the process as Kirie moved further back. "Are you sure, sir? Can you handle him without us?"

"I know!" Emily frowned. "The Unicorn Gundam seemed to be immune to whatever he's doing, so I was all geared up to try my Knife Eye Attack again on him, too! And the Bonus XP..."

Ryker frowned. Kirie could feel him slapping his forehead on the other end of the line. "You'll get your Bonus XP back at Point Alpha, Emily, I assure you. Just go on ahead." Emily, meanwhile, had swerved, firing a few Beam Gatling Gun shots at another Heavyarms in passing, moving into formation with Kirie again. Emily and Kirie nodded; Fighting Two-Face was tempting, but Lune and Masaki were priority. Plus, Emily had nearly forgotten about the Quest itself, focused on only the battle and the XP...

Maybe it was just Emily being excited about the Knife Eye Attack. Yeah, that was it. "Yes, sir. Emily Stormgunner, disengaging."

"Kirie Morgan, breaking attack."

Then both the Unicorn and Musha boosted, rocketed into the sky, and moved to catch up to Wingnut.

-Helllight-

"Sir!" The Comm Officer reported again. Feldman turned and beckoned for him to continue. "We are detecting intermittent contacts at the target location. One of them is an unknown DC contact, but the other two match our priority targets. They've just arrived at the Point Alpha vicinity."

Feldman exhaled. It was time. Leaning back in his chair, Feldman began issuing orders with his arms.

"Right --- let's do this once and do this right. The Red Eagle is watching us!" Feldman cried out, although why he felt like doing that was totally beyond him. "All Waves, begin moving in; Assault Team, begin your reconnoiter. The primary targets are the two priority machines; Suppress any additional DC forces in the area as well! Let's go!"

Then, as the Helllight began roaring, the entire task force moved. From various launch bays on the Bandaal, the Assault Team moved out with nimble speed --- fifteen RX-139 Hambrabis armed with Sea Serpents and Feyadeen Rifles --- took to the air and transformed into MA mode, followed by the ten YMS-16M Xamels for artillery cover, and finally...10 AMX-014 Doven Wolfs, comprising the ranged support. All of them fanned out in a crescent formation and, in an enveloping wave, began heading with the Helllight following towards Point Alpha, and the targets there.

It had begun.
Don't throw the baton, you jacka**!!!
Wingnut

- Raven Sterling -

Raven gave no vocal greeting to the man who in her eyes had failed Galactic Diplomacy 101. As such the greeting she gave Jusso was a powerful slap to the left side of his face that echoed throughout the chamber and would have been worthy of Bright Noa himself.

"YOU FOOL!" shouted Raven. "Just what was going through your head when you decided to open fire on a neutral company's installation?
Did you even think of the consequences of what you were doing?"

Raven paused a minute to let both her words and the slap set in with the man.
"As a result of your attack, Lunar Corp has broken off all contact with us and is refusing to do any kind of business with anyone in the entire Fandom.
True they were supplying weapons to the Federation, but there are other ways to deal with such things other than an all out attack on their most fortified space station.

Normally I would have you hauled away in chains, however the combat performance of your unit against the LC variable fighters was enough to spare you that fate. As such you are being transferred to Earth to be part of a new unit that is being charged with the elimination of the so-called "Gundam Team". Your flight capable metal armors will hopefully prove effective against the variable fighters they have on their own ship as well as anything else that flys."

Raven's eyes narrowed considerably as she delivered her final line. "Keep in mind that I will not tolerate another debacle like this again. Dismissed."

- Theo Rawn -

With Kyle asleep in the chair, Rawn easily noticed the arrival of a face he did not recognize enter the bridge.

"Ah, you must be the pilot of that mobile suit we picked up. I am Theo Rawn, Captain of this vessel. Welcome aboard, and I apologize for not having time to properly welcome you earlier."

- Wingnut -

All was quiet from the point where he had left the Ceres up until now as he was just arriving at Point Alpha and made note of two units that were out on their own.
That must be Masaki and Lune.
His radar also was picking up units approaching them from the southwest.
There were some units that his computer could not identify, but the presence of several armored modules in the group could only mean that they were DC units.
Looks like daddy sent an escort for her. "I guess we're not going to have any more troub-" A loud alarm broke off Wingnut in mid sentence as his sensors registered a new force coming in from the north.
Oh crap. was the dominant thought on Wingnut's mind as he detected the force of over two dozen powerful mobile weapons closing on Masaki and Lune's position. I've really got to stop doing that.

At that point Kirie and Emily caught up to him. "Guys, we've got a real nasty one brewing here. A bunch of Fandom heavy hitters are going after Masaki and Lune and the DC forces nearby aren't enough to stop them. Signal back to the Ceres that we're going ahead to try and slow the enemy down until they get here. And I recommend that they do get here as soon as they possibly can."
The Gundam wiki

R.I.P., SDGO.
Kylern

-DC Detachment-

His sensors also came to life as Fandom forces started to come their way. He looked at the new Federation units that had arrived and opened up communication with them. "Since it seems we are all here for the same reason lets make a truce." The white VR transformed his board into its launcher neutral mode and aimed it at the oncoming forces.

"Name's Kylern and my cyborg friend is Alex. Hopefully we won't be too much of a burden on the famous Gundam team." With that he lined up his shot and increased the power output to max. A grin came over his face as he locked onto the first flight capable enemy unit and fired his rifle. A large burst erupted from the barrel and streaked across the sky before ripping across the Fandom line. Then he fired his four energy bolts at the line too in order to catch his target should it evade the beam shot.

-Gray Wolf-

One of the bridge crew looked at the Captain and then the sleeping pilot and gave an uncomfortable laugh. "Sorry sir I will move him to an empty bunk as well as have someone look at him. He looks like hell..." With that him and another large man grabbed Kyle and carried him away.
Wingnut

- Wingnut -

Now that voice sounds familiar. It's just like Kyle. Is this guy related to him too?

"I don't think that will be a problem with this force. We've got more coming too so it's not just us."

Wingnut then followed suit and fired a blast from his nose mounted mega beam cannon at the enemy formation of Hambrabi's.

Maybe I'll get lucky and take at least one out before they get into range.
The Gundam wiki

R.I.P., SDGO.
dreacon

Wingnut wrote:
- Theo Rawn -

With Kyle asleep in the chair, Rawn easily noticed the arrival of a face he did not recognize enter the bridge.

"Ah, you must be the pilot of that mobile suit we picked up. I am Theo Rawn, Captain of this vessel. Welcome aboard, and I apologize for not having time to properly welcome you earlier."
Dreacon snapped to attention and threw up a salute. "Colonel;Dreacon Epsolis, United Earth Republic of Zeon." he said and continued to render his salute, even though the were of equal rank, This was however, Theo's Ship. "And i do believe Sir, that it was my fault for our not meeting as I have been attending to the Ex-Chaos."
Dreacon was somewhat out of his normal Garb, his Red trenchcoat was stored away in his Gundam, and he stood in a Vest with a golden cross that trimed the Zipper and crossed just under his Sturnam. His arms were uncoverd and it revealed that his left arm was Robotic, made from some gold colored metal. His right arm was covered in Scars and his black hair hung just between his shoulder blades. and his Eyes, his Red Eyes, landed on the Captains as he awaited his response.
We're oft' t' blame and this tis' too much prove'd that with devotion's visage and pious action we do sugar o'er the devil himself.