TARRRPG Chapter 6: Point Alpha

Where old RPGs go when they die and move on to the afterlife.
Wingnut

- Ceres -

"Radachi, this is the Ceres. The DC units are in withdrawal to the ocean and we are following them now. Commander Ryker says that we will then be headed for Aidoneus Island ourselves."
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
Zangetsu

Zangetsu landed the Sonicscream on the Ceres. 'What more can be done in this battle.' was his first thought. 'Maybe Lowind has lost it. He felt different this time. So, without purposse.' Zangetsu waited for further orders from Ryker or Wingnut.
Lowind

Can't you at least die ten minutes or so later...? As the Geara Doga was guided by the Gawain's 'light' to the afterlife. Obviously from his demise it is safe to presume this battle is completely lost. Again. Well, a kick to the butt of Black Mage is somewhat satisfying enough anyway.

"You know the drill, all remaining forces withdraw, this battle has become an massacre." Not that it isn't from the start, then again. "The Kamataichi can carry any surviving forces."

"My own forces, cover our allies' retreat." Epyon raised the GN Pistol and picked off a straggling DC unit.

At least I can still kill mooks...
The Big Zabowski

Michael

'bleep'

"Hmm?"

"Michael, it appears the Kamitachi has entered the battle zone. She's pulling the Fandom survivors out of the area. We should go.."

Michael gave a simple huff as the Fandom units, or what was left of them, retreated toward the flying carrier. With a flinch to the throttle yoke, he wheeled the Bawoo around and took off for the Kamitachi. His hand hovered over the trigger for his GN cannons as he rocketed up and began a parbolic path that would bring him careening into the Kamitachi from above.

"Lowind, lowind.. why did you show your sorry ass up here. You know they were finished."

The monoeye of the Bawoo tracked to watch as the Epyon continued to cover the retreat of the very men that Michael was going to kill.

As the Bawoo reached the top of it's path it transformed into MS mode and dove toward the Kamitachi, cannons lighting up as they aimed toward the central spar of the wing and the back of the craft in a quartet of shots that if made contact, would blow holes along a cross shape on the back of the carrier.

"And now you're risking more lives with the Kamitachi there. Seriously..you're making this war much easier for us. I guess I should thank you.."

KITAI, meanwhile, attempted to regain control after seeing this needless attack on people going on long enough. The controls soon locked up and the Bawoo K began an ascent away from the Kamitachi.

"Hmm..Kitty, just WHAT what are you trying?"

"Michael, please stop this nonsense. This killing is pointless. They are just falling back! Why must we continue!?"

"Less for us to worry about later on. Simple really. And WHEN did you decide to grow some sort of conscience?"

KITAI began to bank and roll the suit out of the AA fire that would come from the Kamitachi as they began to pull back themselves. Michael was now silently livid, and began to reach for the override panels to bring up manual control. It would prove futile as he too was locked out of those as well.

"Kitty, stop this.. now. I am ordering you."

"I can't, Michael. Think about what Sophia would say or do if she saw you taking needless lives that were already in retreat."

"Who gives a flying s**t about Sophia, that isn't even important right now. Release the locks now."

KITAI wouldn't respond as the Bawoo began a high G push out of the combat zone toward the Ceres.

"Stupid AI.."

Michael opened a panel to his left and began ripping the computer boards out of the suit, displays and sensors going wild as the suit's fly by wire system soon began to systematically fail.

"Michael..."

"You've proven yourself a problem, and I have a solution right here."

"I can't believe you'd resort to such a thing Captain. I'm sorry."

"Remember, it's your fault. You grew a conscience. Otherwise we'd already be finishing off that boat and headed back to the Ceres in good condition.."

"Indeed.."

Michael pulled the main bus breaker from the panel that he had already gutted and the suit completely powered down, it's GN drive and systems going dark as the suit drifted off it's course and toward the ground. Digging into his neck, Michael jammed a pair of simple 5 slot plugs and another cable into the panel that covered his brain stem and began a cold start of the Bawoo.

Come on, Bawoo. Gotta do everything myself...

It was then that the sensor screens and diagnostic screens flashed into Michael's field of vision, his right hand twitching and flicking as the Bawoo's drive whined to life just as it crashed into the treeline below. Flying limbs and leaves, as well as fauna would mark the point where Michael went in. What seemed like minutes passed before the suit would rise slowly from the trees and bolt off in a line toward the Ceres, ignoring any fire that would come his way from above as he skirted along at treetop level in MS mode..

If anyone would try to raise him on the radio, all they'd get would be static. They'd also notice that even though the Bawoo was flying, it was not displaying a transponder signal or any form of IFF. It would just be a blank blip on their sensors, only known as the Bawoo K.

The Newtypes would sense some sort of painful throbbing coming from the Bawoo, like a life of sorts had been lost and someone was grieving for it.

But only for a moment..
TRANS AM!
Yes, it's a V8.
Yes, it was a Trans Am before there was "TRANS AM."
Yes, it's mine. 8)
Sume Gai

Sume Gai

Gai had begun to retreat as KITAI began to force Micheal to but was utterly confused by the sudden fall and change of direction by the Bawoo.

"What the... Mike are You OK?... Mike?"

no response but static. Is his com broken?

With that Gai turned back figuring Mike's navigation was out as well since he was going the wrong way.
"If You are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve" -Captain Harlock

"I like the SAGA. Its what Rambo would pilot if he was in Gundam 00" -Kylern
The Big Zabowski

Michael

Michael had pulled the comm board from the control panel, so he had now way of even hearing or responding to Gai's hail. He simply continued on his path to double back around and resume his assault on the Kamitachi.

'hmph..'

Michael brought his GN cannons to bear and without realizing it, fired them without hitting the trigger. It was..unusual to say the least, as he could have sworn he hit the trigger. But every time he spotted another retreating suit in his mind, he found a targeting reticle appearing on it followed by a shot from his cannon just as he thought about firing.

"Interesting, I hadn't anticipated this.."

Michael then pulled his hands off the controls, and with another thought, had drawn a GN beam saber and was now barreling down on the retreating suits.
TRANS AM!
Yes, it's a V8.
Yes, it's mine. 8)
Sume Gai

Sume Gai

Gai was even more surprised when Mike for no discernible reason began attacking the retreating Fandom.

what's he thinking they're no longer a threat

Gai first informed the bridge:

"Bridge this is Night Chaser; Micheal is attacking the retreating units and I can't seem to get through via com"

Gai moved in closer to Mike and using his loudspeaker this time tried again

"Mike it's over let's get back to the Ceres"
"If You are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve" -Captain Harlock

Kylern

-DC-

Down in the ships hold laid the sleeping body of the person known as Kylern. He was hooked up once again to machines that were reading his brainwaves. DC HQ and that doc with the strange obsession with him had gotten the data from his AI throughout the fight. They had a huge amount of foreign data that intrigued them all since it was different form the data provided by other trans-dimensional pilots.

The few moments that his brainwaves had spiked intensely were the ones everyone was interested in. It was so unnatural compared to his previous ones that they couldn't figure out what had happened. Oddly they resonate similar to Newtype brainwaves but their not constant like in a normal Newtype. Instead their instantous and limited, almost like they were borrowed. This was odd of course and after looking over his actions throughout the battle using clips from the AI they notice a spike in skill. They were also surprised Kylern had disengaged the limiters which were hidden by the technicians to prevent this sort of thing to begin with.

After studying the patterns in the brain waves they connect them similarly to two other individuals. Oddly they went back in history and the same individuals were on the Federation Newtype Watch list. Someone even came up with an odd way of looking at the similarity of names and wondered even more. But the problem was there was still many questions to ask including why were the wave signatures of two individuals measured in sequences inside an individual from another universe?

Then the measurements noticed something else. The mobile AI attached to Kylern, in order to measure his vital signs was starting to react. Impossible with the subject under sedation unless... He was reacting to something else.

Without the anti-neural defense working Kylern's mind was barraged with pain from outside of himself. And these waves were causing small triggers inside him from absorbed memories he had gotten from Kayla. In his mind he watched the events aboard the Osprey play out with a flying unit shooting a VF out of the sky. He felt the pain from the pilot who he was seeing this all through. Then he was able to see the face of the pilot who ultimately caused her destruction and it was this same pilot that was raging outside. Kylern wasn't reading this guy in the same way a Newtype was and instead was feeling it through the fractured memories of the youngest of the Ryder twins.

His eyes flickered beneath his eyelids as the body struggled to wake up from the sedation. To his luck the doctors had used a lower dosage due to his obvious fatigue and this allowed the strange young man to fight it. finally though he he started to stir... and he had an urge to confront the man out there. Kylern was even giving off the same signals as the "dead" Fandom Captain he had a connection to in this world. Maybe this would draw the raging pilot to him out of curiosity.
When the books are written will we be on the right side of history?
Totally Awesome Random Robot RPG
The Big Zabowski

Michael

"Psh, what is he on-"

'bee bee'

"Aw come ON.."

The displays in Michael's field of vision began to display error messages as systems began to hiccup even though he had used his own brain as a CPU. The suit ceased to operate it's targeting systems and soon it's weapons systems went off line as well. All from those boards he pulled.. But Michael was still to blind to see that, instead blaming it on KITAI..

"A parting gift from KITAI no less.. Guess I'll finish these bastards off next time."

The Bawoo seemingly complied with Gai's orders and soon began to pull back from it's assault, heading back to the Ceres.
TRANS AM!
Yes, it's a V8.
Yes, it's mine. 8)
Sume Gai

--Sume Gai--

Gai let Mike pass him before following. He wanted to ensure that Mike would return unharmed especially with his mech behaving so oddly.

'could it be some kind of AI malfunction'

hellbore

-Hellbore-

Hellbore had climbed out of the Freedom's cockpit, and looked up at the inconveniently placed suit. The PS armour had protected him from being badly damaged. He thanked a higher power that the Metal Armor's of the Fandom didn't have beam weapons. He moved out of the way as more maintenance men moved to clear the obstruction.

-Jacob and Sara-

Jacob and Sara were still unconscious when the DC technicians opened the cockpit. Sara was barley injured but Jacob was a mess. The skin along his back had been burned off revealing him to be the machine he was. There were deep cuts on his face the spoke of how for his mechanisation had gone. Both were moved to the infirmary under heavy guard.

-Juuso Eljas-

Juuso stood on the bridge of his new ship. an old Mindanao-class, the Harbinger. The Merciless was undergoing extensive repairs after the disaster at Lunar Corp. He and the new lackeys where being dispatched Earthside, and would rendezvous with Fandom forces in Hawaii. The lackys stood behind him at perfect attention. He still hadn't gotten used to their bootlicking, and doubted he ever would. Even so, Juuso had managed to get a good look at the Metal Armors they had been assigned. The Gelf series was a derivative of his Falguen and therefore were high-performance and very demanding of its pilots. Each flew a different model, including an artillery-type Jagd and the recon-type Reb. All were fitted with close combat laser sabers, lighter variants of his Falguen's laser sword. Juuso guessed they where skilled enough but they were just so... green. He smiled wryly and though that they would have plenty of experiance soon enough.
The Big Zabowski

Michael

Michael was still fuming as he landed the Bawoo in MA form on the deck of the Ceres. Thankfully, it fit in the center line deck, much to the surprise and pants pooing of the technicians as they saw the pilot bring in a 15 meter long mecha into a hangar space designed for something about 10 or so. The confusion and face palming was short lived as the suit was transferred down to the main hangar deck, the hatch popping open revealing a dark and slightly smokey cockpit.

Michael popped his head out of the cockpit, his helmet removed and four or so cables sticking out of the back of his head. For those not in the know, it would be an odd and definitely disturbing sight to behold. As the elevator came to a halt, the MA mode Bawoo was towed through the hangar to a maintenance berth where she'd probably spend the next month or so in overhaul and repair. Michael reached behind his head and yanked the cables out, his skin writhing slightly as the panel closed.

"Stupid ass AI, robbing me of kills. Christ.."

Michael clenched the four fingered prosthesis that made up his right forearm and hand, banging it against the armor of the suit and causing a loud metallic bang to echo throughout the hangar. As the technicians approached the vehicle, they were stopped by Michael as he began to shovel computer boards out of the cockpit as well as cabling and wiring.

"Get this stuff replaced ASAP and let me know when it's complete."

The Technician nodded and then added something.

"What about the AI system? What is it's status."

"Don't bother reinstalling it. It is no longer needed."

"But sir, how are the systems going to operate without a processor system? That AI was wired into the processor board.."

"That's why I said let me know when it's finished."

Michael then walked off, leaving the technicians to mull over the suit. As the cheif went to work assessing the damage to the suitt, he reeled slightly at the sight of the cockpit completely gutted. He had to find out what really happened, and write it in his report to the Captain. It was his hope that the black box had survived. After shoveling through broken boards and panels, he found what he was looking for..

----

The Chief plugged the box into the diagnostic computer in his office, the gray and neon green banded box blinking and clicking as he searched it's contents.

All he found was the following message:

KITAI taking command of craft, system override activated. Pilot locked out. Reasons being: Danger to mission and himself.

And then an audio recording of the last moments before KITAI was deactivated. The message and the audio recording were copied to a boot disk, a runner sent to Wingnut to report on the incident.

"Wingnut, sir. I believe I have something you need to see. It's about the Bawoo Pilot.."
TRANS AM!
Yes, it's a V8.
Yes, it's mine. 8)
Cybaster

-Emily and Kirie-

"Heeeeey!" Emily waved to the leaving Valsione and Psybuster as they headed for the DC Submarines ahead, the Unicorn itself following momentarily, pressing a few comm channel buttons in the process. "Sir? Wingnut? If we're also going where the DC are, can I hitch a ride with them instead? I've always wanted to see the Monster Stat Block of a Divine Crusaders Sub and I'd like to know more about the Valsione..."

"I...don't think they'll let you, Ems." Kirie winced, sweatdropping as the Musha Gundam's blades whirled, deflecting the last of the Beam Machinegun blasts flying at him before leaping up and onto the Ceres again. "Doesn't work that way."

"Awwwww." Emily sulked, nonetheless waiting for a reply. Her head pulsed again inwardly and she clutched her head in a mild headache --- was Mike actually murdering his AI? At least it didn't feel nearly as bad this time around; While the Unicorn Gundam's frame was closed, it seemed to be protecting Emily from most of its effects this time. "I wanted to see what kind of Class Levels she had...can't wait until I get to 14th Level. Full Occult Slayer levels would give me immunity to Mind-Affecting Effects..."

-Black Mage-

Time to go! Black Mage likewise cooed. The L-Gaim's binders and thrusters extended again and the entire unit rocketed forward, the unit hovering above ground and then water, and was soon gaining maximum speed towards the DC Subs. Upon that prospect, Black Mage groaned suddenly and raised a hand in exasperation. Oh, great. Now I'm gonna have to babysit the *both* of them until we get back to Aidoneus Island...I'm not gonna like this at all. Maybe I can set a Familiar or two on fire and get away with it, at least...

That was all Black Mage frowned as the L-Gaim was on its way.
Don't throw the baton, you jacka**!!!
Kylern

-DC Sub-

The pilot of the VR finally stood up and shook his head. The feeling of cobwebs and such were released and he looked around. This was the infirmary of course and not to far away from his was the pilot of that large unit with the massive cannon. Walking over he examined the man and upon closer look realized there were a lot of cybernetics. Kylern wanted to touch but decided against it instead turning away.

"Not any of my business..." With that muttered he left the infirmary and headed up a few blocks towards the more active parts of the vessel. News was that the two Super Robot pilots were on the ship and there was a Federation gundam and ex Fandom knight coming too. This was certainly interesting cause he wanted to meet this four people himself. So quickly he stopped by his dorm and changed. He made sure also to brush his teeth since he had been coughing up blood earlier.

After getting ready he checked his small device that was in his pockets. It was the minuture anti-neural defense system the Doc had built him. And because it was off it had been saved from the EMP that had fried the VR version. So placing the device on his right ear he activated it suddenly feeling more like himself again. Now he was safe from Newtypes and anyone else that might dare mess with his mind. And with that done he headed upstairs to the hangar area to meet these new individuals. Once he arrived he noticed his damaged VR sitting in the corner being repaired... He felt bad for the poor machine but it had done its job and kept him safe.

(Want to meet up with the newcomers to the ship)
When the books are written will we be on the right side of history?
Totally Awesome Random Robot RPG
Wingnut

- Wingnut -

Wingnut was spending his time at the moment in the hanger looking over what was there and potentially unused for the moment to see if there was anything that he might be able to pilot until he could find a more suitable machine.
Maybe the DC would have something good I can pilot.

He was brought out of his musings by a messenger "Wingnut, sir. I believe I have something you need to see. It's about the Bawoo Pilot.."
It doesn't end with this guy, does it?
Wingnut took the offered disk and walked to a corner of the hanger to look at it.

Great. This is all we need.
Leaving the hanger Wingnut made his way back to the bridge. Ryker had to know about this as well.

- Ceres bridge -

The hellish battle was now finally over as the Ceres made her way out over open sea and the Fandom units ceased their pursuit.
"Have our remaining forces return to the ship. We're in the clear for now. set course for Aidoneus Island. We've done all we can as a Federation ship in this war."

Just then Wingnut appeared on the bridge.
"Sir, I have some news about Mr. Radachi that I think you should know about..."
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
Sume Gai

Sume Gai

Gai landed in his the spot that had been for his Lancelot the lager machine fit surprisingly well in the spot. Upon exiting Gai found Tallis below.

"hello; miss me?"

"no I just wanted to see your new machine."

Gai chuckled

"should have known. It doesn't need much maintenance; just replace the filler and keep it on stand by for now."

"sure thing..."

Tallis couldn't hide her disappointment since she had wanted to take it apart and tinker with it but proceeded to do as she had been asked

"Now then I have something to do; come by the simulators when you get off."

With that Gai headed towards Mike's machine. only to change direction when he saw a tech carrying something to Wingnut and then Wingnut heading to the bridge. Gai needed to know what had happened with Mike or as he thought at this point Mike's suit.

Strike_Rouge_Mk2

Hawaii Fandom Base

"You are cleared for landing." The Rouge E and Falken circled the base until they could slow down and were coming in from the west as the sun was setting and their silhouette's were beginning to descend upon the landing strip as Mao and his team began to set for landing.

"Alright we are now starting to land." And with that the Rouge E and Falkens hit the landing strip, the Falkens began to taxi into their newly assigned hangers as the Rouge E walked itself in front of another. With that all set and done, Mao opened his cockpit to see the beautiful ocean against the horizon.

"Ah, just like home", Mao said as he lowered himself to the floor,"it seems like we were transferred here in a hurry...oh well this seems like its gonna be good anyway." He already took his helmet off before his landing so he then began to walk towards the base along with his team, so that he could find out why he was transferred here in such a rush.
Zeonic Glory wrote:Sorry to ask this but, what does kawaii mean?
Be kawaii and visit the Art and Multimedia section.
Sume Gai

Wan Fey Lo

Wan and the Icer team were using their down time to do what had been impossible in the secret European base; test the upgraded KMFs

the small units filted to and fro on the land and in the sky. Icer and Frost were dueling Hale and Snow, While Wan Was putting the Guren through a series of maneuvers to test it's float pack.

Lowind

Alright, rescue operation is a success. "Kamataichi, set course for Hawaii. We are leaving this area. All pilots should take some time to get some R&R- Argh!"

Then a disgusting green liquid, mixed with a little blood was being coughed out of Lowind, staining the controls. Of course there is a reason why he could suddenly break the fourth wall.

"Looks like the effect of the drugs finally faded. I would probably have been dead if I remained in that suicidal state any longer." Lowind thought, still coughing. "And nope, it didn't work at all."

He was glad when two Geara Dogas he just rescued turned back and carried his Epyon back to the ship.

-10 minutes later-

Lowind was being pulled out of his own cockpit, barely conscious.

"Sir, what happened?"

"That is a military secret. All of you didn't witness or hear about this event, understand? And hey, where is Jacob and Sara?"

"They were captured during the battle just now, sir."

"Oh great. Mounting another rescue operation at this time is suicide. We will have to abandon him."

The rather overloaded Kamataichi then turned around and headed towards Hawaii.
Strike_Rouge_Mk2

As Mao and his team were walking towards the base they spotted five (?) relatively small mechs doing what seemed to be sparring with each other." Hmm..they seem quite organised, and there seems to be a lead unit too." Mao was observing them carefully and had an itch to speak with the team. And as if on que a small jeep strolled in front of him.

"Can I borrow this?", he said as he jumped onto the vehicle, stopping it as he searched for the radio and turned it on to an open frequency," adressing the 5 machines above the base, I would like to speak to your leader." The two men in the jeep simply jumped out and walked away with an agitated look upon their faces. The rest of team jumped in to the jeep and awaited a response with Mao. He was however, staring at the glistening red mech that was somewhat separate from the group, doing aerial maneuvers.
Zeonic Glory wrote:Sorry to ask this but, what does kawaii mean?
Be kawaii and visit the Art and Multimedia section.