PHASE 5: Natural Coordination (14th Fleet)

Where old RPGs go when they die and move on to the afterlife.
Wedge14

Erin Bruist

Erin was completely unaware of the Admiral's return. She was too busy paying attention to Mike Santos and attempting to carry on a conversation with him.

She sighed as he left.

This whole life in space was rather boring. Even with that attack that happened two weeks ago.
RPG Trinary:Creepy Zeon Magician

I'm cool, just ask anybody.

Oh and check out the RPG Section!
Gambit01

--Admiral's Quarters--

"Very good Captain; send the word out to the others. In the meantime, I think that the crew deserves a bit of a heads up; should we tell them now or wait a while? I'm embarressed to say that my time being incarcerated has left you a tad bit more familiar with the crew than I."

--Nakamura--

"Glad to know that you're still a disrespectful twat just WAITING for someone to take you down a few notches, Darrell," Nakamura replied in an icey voice that could have been mocking or serious.

"As to the 'catch', you get to find out when the Admiral decides to let you know...and not a moment before."
I mean when you spend precious seconds to give an "All Your Nukes Are Belong To Us" speech before you even start the Gundam up, you know you're too overzealous for your own good.~wza
Sume Gai

Harken

"I'd imagine the pilots will know soon enough..." Harken of course meant Nakamura's return "...however I think it would be good for crew morale to know you have returned. It's up you though, sir"
"If You are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve" -Captain Harlock

"I like the SAGA. Its what Rambo would pilot if he was in Gundam 00" -Kylern
EZero8

"Funny... the only disrespectful twat I see here is you, kid..." Darrell thought to himself. If there was any kind of person he hated more than a pompous commander, it was a pompous kid acting as a commander with everything handed to him on a silver platter. With a smirk he quickly retorted.

"Oh no, there is no disrespect there, sir. Just... confusion," Bent replied.

Yes, confusion was the only nice way to describe their situation. If Darrell had learned anything while being in the military, it'd be his honed attention to tiny details that puzzled him even the slightest bit. Was it that important to keep their next assignment so hushed up? This almost smelled of a conspiracy... almost.
ShadowCell wrote:"Poor fool, ShadowCell!" you say. "You can't win against fandom stupidity with the Power of the Mod!"
Gambit01

--Sahashi--

Admiral Hiroshi gave a nod. "Send the word to the other captains. Have everyone assemble on their ships in five minutes; we'll address what is going on."

--Nakamura--

Nakamura eyed Darrell like he would a bug; a bug that if it became TOO annoying, he'd squish under his feet himself. He'd had to deal with people like Darrell his entire career; veiled insults under throws of jealousy because Nakamura was better than they were, and they wrote it off as money and connections.

Darrell wouldn't be the first older man who he knocked flat on his ass if it came to it.

"'Confusion' seems to be a your general state of mind Darrell, so I don't think it will hurt to leave you in your natural state until Admiral Hiroshi addresses what our new mission will be."
I mean when you spend precious seconds to give an "All Your Nukes Are Belong To Us" speech before you even start the Gundam up, you know you're too overzealous for your own good.~wza
Sume Gai

Harken

"very well sir!"

with that Harken turned and left he had to hurry to make it in five minutes.
"If You are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve" -Captain Harlock

ScornMandark

Mancini

The shipwide PA crackled to life, booming through hallways and echoing in the MS Hangar.

"Attention all personnel. Assemble in the main briefing room in 3 minutes. Repeat, all personnel assemble in the main briefing room in 3 minutes. Repeat, ..."

The rest of the message was cut off as people from all over the ship dropped what they were doing and poured into lifts and stairwells to rush to the briefing room. Stan left his ID badge in the simulator slot as he bolted from the hangar, while James put down one of the random objects in Dalos' room he'd been fidgeting with and headed for the door. "I'll tell ya what happened when I get back, D."

James entered the briefing room a moment before Stan, as the briefing room was quite close to the recovery room. Stan was breathing a little hard from his run from the MS bay, but he wasn't the only one. One of the lieutenants looked like he had rolled out of bed and into uniform, then ran like hell to get here; most likely that is what had happened.

The Mancini's captain made a show of checking his watch then announced, "2 minutes 37 seconds. Not bad." He cracked a small grin then turned to the assembled crew.

"Turkle informed us that there is a big announcement coming from Acting Fleet Commander Harken. I think it's organizational and/or mission related. The briefing is scheduled to start in another minute or so. Hold tight, and we'll deal with it afterwards."

Stan nodded along with most of the other assembled crew. He was still a little concerned, seeing as they were basically still a 2 man MS team when most other squads had 4. Not that it was totally out of the question, just that they would need to be a lot more careful with whatever cane their way.
The Mekton Zeta Mailing List wrote:27. I will not put emergency destruct devices in my mecha. I will put them in my pilots. Nothing motivates like thermite.
Kavik Ryx

When James left the room, Dalos was still groggy, though finally gaining some sense of consciousness. As the doors closed, he said as clearly as he could at the time, "Shut up already."
Sume Gai

Harken

about thirty seconds ago the call went out for pilots and command staff on the Turkle to meet in the briefing room in four minutes.

Harken was of course the first one there and sat in his usual seat.

LadyTaurucis

Sanna looked around the near-empty hangar bay warily, wondering where everyone was going to.

They are running from me? she asked herself. Or do they have to be somewhere? And does that mean I have to be in the same place they are in?

Right after that thought, a message for all personnel on the ship to assemble in the briefing room echoed throughout the hangar. Sanna shrugged and followed the crew members to the briefing room.

She could feel (or at least, she thought she could feel) the eyes of other crew members lingering on her as she scanned the room for empty seats as far back as possible.

Sanna swept a hostile glare around the room as she sat down. Tapping her feet idly on the floor, she leaned back to wait for whatever was about to happen.
Nothing says "Girl Power" like a hot pink, 60 foot tall, weapon-toting robot.

Verbal abuse isn't supposed to be refined!
Terrace

Terrace entered the briefing room on the Turkle, sitting down somewhere in the middle.

I wonder what the mission will be...
Heavyarms is the best walking weapons pile of all the Gundams!

Click Here!
Sume Gai

Cynthia
-Turkle-

Miss Torring had just arrived on the ship she was originally assigned to, however she received word that she had been transferred before she had even had a chance to take her previously assigned post. Then to make things more irritating a ship-wide announcement declared a fleet briefing in four minutes. She couldn't reach her new ship on time so she would have to attend this ship's.

--Briefing Room-

Cynthia entered to find that she had been beaten by only two others a very stern and respectable looking commander and some pilot who she refrained form making eye contact with. She sat, with an air of superiority, in the front near the right

SNT1

Mike hears the announcement to head to the briefing room. Calling out to the other people in his area to no one in particular, he says, "See you at the meeting, jerks."

He sees only a handful of people. "Wow, I'm never this early for anything," he whispers to himself. Since there are almost none in the room so far, Mike can sit wherever he wants.

He takes his seat right beside the newcomer at the front row, and crosses his legs.

"Hi," he simply says.

Helllooo nurse!
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
Fritz Ashlyn

- Turkle -

Jerzy had actually followed right behind Lt. Santos all the way to the briefing room without being noticed by his team leader. It had nothing to do with deliberate stealth - he was just quiet. He took the seat directly behind the lieutenant and folded his arms. The new female pilots in the room got his attention. They were both decent looking, but he was more interested in figuring out who they were and why they had been moved to the 14th.

He toyed with the notion of actually approaching one or both of them after the briefing was over, but he relaxed back in his seat and decided he'd probably just look them up on his own time later. If any of them introduced themselves, he'd humor them.
TftF Wiki
TftF One Shots
RPG Trinary: Ortega
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: Fritz Ashlyn

Hey! why don't you swing on down to the RPG section? Tales from the Frontlines: The AEUG running strong since 2006!
Gambit01

*OOC: Okay, just to save time, when I say, 'time skip', we'll all pretend everyone is at their ship's conference room/where they need to be for a formal fleet wide announcement. Ready?*

TIME SKIIIIIIIIIIIIP!!!!!

As the Admiral stood next to Harken, facing the pilots and the command staff, he glanced at the cameras that let the rest of the crew, and the rest of the fleet, see and hear him as well.

"Ladies and gentlemen, soldiers of the 14th, we had an interesting past few days, and they will only get more interesting. High command has given us a mission of the most grave importance; to hunt down and destroy the OMNI imposters that we encountered during our skirmish with ZAFT.

"I have wrung my hands about whether or not to show you this, but in the end, I decided it was necessary, to show you the kind of monster we are fighting against, the kind of monstrosity we must overcome!"

Pressing a button, Hiroshi showed the entire crew the video of ATLAS; their mad, tyrannical message and their captive.

"You see these dogs, animals, mad ghosts of a recent past, who's very message is so mad fear is the only way anyone could take it seriously. Well, soon they will come to fear the name of the 14th. As soon as we finish resupply in three hours, we leave for Copernicus City, to find out what these madman sought after there.

"You proved your valor, your skill, and your courage during the fight with ZAFT; we bloodied them more than they us. Now you must prove it again in what could be the most important mission of your lives! You leave today as soldiers; when we return, it will be as heroes! Heroes of the Earth Alliance, I salute you!"

With that, Hiroshi gave everyone present, and by extension the fleet, a snappy salute.

The screen started to fade black for all other ships....only to pop back on with Hiroshi sheepishly pressing his fingers together.

"Err, also...Erin Bruist, report to my personal quarters...." the sheepish look was replaced with a perverted glint...."And wear something sex--AHHHH!!!"

How Nakamura snuck in a wrench and threw it with the precision accuracy to connect with the Admiral's face in near zero gravity, no one would ever know.

"BAKA-UNCLE!!!!"
ScornMandark

Mancini
- Briefing Room -

Stan sat queitly through the briefing, not sure what to think. 'So, we were defending imposters? We fought, and bled and died to protect this scum? God! What a mess...' He looked around the room. Already, staff were getting up to return to their posts.

He noticed a female pilot towards the back of the room. Well, he asumed she was a pilot by her flight suit. She was sitting in the back of the room, glaring around and tapping her foot. She must have entered the room just before the briefing started, because he hadn't noticed her before. Stan figured he might as well go introduce himself - seeing as there was only 1 mobile suit squad on the Mancini, they would probably end up working together.

He got up from his chair and ambled over, a polite smile on his face. "Hi, I'm Stan. You just get here?" He noticed the Ensign rank pins and decided to keep his tone informal.

~~~~~

James, on the other hand, had noticed her as soon as she walked in. She certainly hadn't been imagining his eyes on her as she made her way to the back just before the briefing. He noticed her rank as she walked past, and gave a small grin. The briefing started then, so he couldn't go harass her yet.

Shortly, the briefing was over and James had shifted his focus to the upcoming mission. He turned to the Lieutenant next to him and wondered, "How exactly are we going to investigate? I'm not exactly trained in escape trajectory theorizing, and I'm guessing the people there aren't going to be thrilled talking to OMNI, even once they know it was terrorists impersonating us." He shook his head, not knowing what to do.

Hopefully they'd be able to finally finish fixing Dalos' Dagger L. Hopefully he'd be ready to pilot it by then.
The Mekton Zeta Mailing List wrote:27. I will not put emergency destruct devices in my mecha. I will put them in my pilots. Nothing motivates like thermite.
Sume Gai

Cynthia

Cythia looked at the man who introduced himself he seemed excited about something. she merely asked with her Lt. Commander's rank badge shining visibly

"and you are?"

at just that moment the admiral walked in and Ms. Torring turned to the front, ignoring everyone else.

--post time skip--

Harken

Harken had been about to drag the admiral away by the ear when the wrench hit. It was, admittedly, very effective but to Harken it seemed a little too far. Cutting the feed to the rest of the fleet Harken said

"you are dismissed and, Nakamura, report to the bridge later"

Cynthia

Daddy had warned her the Rear Admiral was odd but nothing had prepared her for what the man had actually been like and then the wrench. She was suddenly glad she wasn't assigned to this ship.
Last edited by Sume Gai on Tue Sep 16, 2008 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SNT1

Oh, a bigshot eh? Mike thinks, seeing the badge. They just let all types of bimbos these days, he sighs.

The admiral marched in, Mike didn't even hear the woman's response.

~~~

Oh wow, evil terrorists. Save the doctor, save the world.

~~~

"Err, also...Erin Bruist, report to my personal quarters...And wear something sex--AHHHH!!!"

At this, Mike seems to have waken up, immediately calling out Erin during the aftermath of the meeting. "Oh, wow, you have *that* kind of relationship with a man six times your age!? Bow-chika-wow-wow!"
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
LadyTaurucis

Mancini
~~~~~
Sanna remained expressionless through the entire briefing, her feet tapping rhythmically on the floor.

Her mind had wandered ever since the Admiral had appeared onscreen, but once he was finished speaking she slowly pulled herself out of her daydreams.

As she blinked to clear her head, she realized that someone else had brought her out of her daydreaming. Sanna looked up to see a tall young man approaching.

He introduced himself politely enough - too politely, Sanna thought suspiciously.

"Did I just get here," she echoed tonelessly. "Would you be introducing yourself to me if I were not a newcomer?"
Nothing says "Girl Power" like a hot pink, 60 foot tall, weapon-toting robot.

Verbal abuse isn't supposed to be refined!
Wedge14

Erin Bruist

Erin huffed aloud as the admiral embarrassed her like that. Even cringed at the But her embarrassment turned to anger as Santo's decided to quickly rib on her. Turning quickly in her seat she yelled at her direct commander once again showing how lax their little squadron was.

"You're such a pig Santos!" she growled. "And I know you're just jealous. But theres nothing going between me and Admiral! And why is it do you spend all your time cooped up alone? I sure you and your video game joystick have a wonderful and fulfilling relations ship!"
RPG Trinary:Creepy Zeon Magician

I'm cool, just ask anybody.

Oh and check out the RPG Section!