PHASE 5: Natural Coordination (14th Fleet)

Where old RPGs go when they die and move on to the afterlife.
SNT1

"Ouch," Mike says with that trademark smirk and a lower quieter voice, "You're right. I am jealous. Can you plz comfort me? I mean I know you fancy 97-year olds, but I'm not so bad, heh heh, or maybe we could settle down and I can teach you how to make a barbecue sammich. I won a Memphis cookout contest after all..."

"I know you enjoy tantrums," Mike says even quieter, "please quiet down---you might make the new bigshot feel too uncomfortable," Mike says while nodding his face at the new Lieutenant commander aboard...

("plz" spelling intentional)
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
ScornMandark

Mancini
- Briefing Room -

Stan raised his eyebrows at her toneless and standoffish response. "You could have been here for some time now, seeing as James and I have been either in the simulator or with our wingmate in the infirmary pretty much 24/7 since the last battle." He offered his hand to shake if she chose, continuing to smile politely.

"I'm going to guess from your normal suit that you're a pilot, probably just transferred in as a replacement to the squad. I haven't seen any transfer notices, so I'm guessing you're new to the ship, within the last few hours or so. So, I was asking mostly to confirm my hunch."

He kept his tone polite and even, having dealt with naturally aggressive people his whole career.

~~~~~~~~

James walked out of the briefing room, a little confused still. The Lieutenant he had been talking to didn't have any useful suggestions, so he headed back to Ens. Dalos' room at the infirmary. He rapped on the door and poked his head in, as usual. "Hey, D! Briefings over, want a run down?"
The Mekton Zeta Mailing List wrote:27. I will not put emergency destruct devices in my mecha. I will put them in my pilots. Nothing motivates like thermite.
Terrace

Turkle
-Briefing Room-

Terrace paled when he saw the video of the Atlas madman waving his gun around.

Terrorists running around, and using OMNI equipment? No wonder that group needs to go down. People might think WE'RE supporting them.

This horror quickly turned to amused grinning once the Admiral made his parting line to one of the female officers on another ship, with Terrace's team leader's reaction.
Heavyarms is the best walking weapons pile of all the Gundams!

Click Here!
Sume Gai

Cynthia
--Turkle--

Cythia felt she couldn't escape the ship fast enough but she did pause for a second in front of Nakamura to proclaim

"I feel sorry for you having such a foolish uncle."

she turned to go...
"If You are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve" -Captain Harlock

"I like the SAGA. Its what Rambo would pilot if he was in Gundam 00" -Kylern
LadyTaurucis

Mancini
~~~~~
Sanna raised her eyebrows in return, staring silently at his offered hand. Remembering her mother's sharp reminders about how to behave towards crewmates, she took Stan's hand in hers and wiggled her wrist in a sardonic mockery of a handshake.

"You are correct," she replied. "I just got here. Literally, just got here."

Her lips curved into a ghost of a smile as she pointed at herself with her thumb. "Sanna."

Be polite, smile, and introduce yourself like a good little girl, she thought bitterly towards the image of her scolding mother in her head. Are you happy now?
Nothing says "Girl Power" like a hot pink, 60 foot tall, weapon-toting robot.

Verbal abuse isn't supposed to be refined!
ScornMandark

Stan nodded at her explanation. "Well, welcome aboard. You been on a Drake-class before? The simulator is in the hangar, next to the chief mechanic's office. It's a 4 seater, so we can have the whole squad in it if needed. Everything else is pretty much standard. As for the squad, Ensign Dalos McAllister is still in med, recovering; the doctors say he should snap out of it any day now. Lt.J.G. James Russel just left to go check in on him. I'll probably try to get everyone together a little later for introductions, but go ahead and drop your stuff off first."

He was intrigued by the borderline insubordinate tone and attitude of the Ensign. She looked young, probably fresh out of the academy. 'I wasn't aware they let kids like her through anymore, now that the war is over.' During the war, they pushed pilots through likie crazy, just to keep the machines filled. Insubordinate, arrogant, just plain crazy people graduated to fill seats and fire guns. Since the truce, Stan had assumed they would reel that back in a little. 'Maybe there's more to this than I'm guessing...'
The Mekton Zeta Mailing List wrote:27. I will not put emergency destruct devices in my mecha. I will put them in my pilots. Nothing motivates like thermite.
Wedge14

Mike was right, and it pained Erin deep down. It was like a million punches to the stomach all at once. She frowned angrily, crossed her legs pouting and mumbled under her breath angrily, only to lightly nudge Santos in the ribs with her elbow.
RPG Trinary:Creepy Zeon Magician

I'm cool, just ask anybody.

Oh and check out the RPG Section!
Kavik Ryx

"Fine," Dalos grunted. There was no harm in hearing Russel talk on a formal level.
LadyTaurucis

A shiver ran down Sanna's spine at the mention of introductions. That meant other people talking, and even worse, other people talking to her.

"Judging that my mother enlisted me practically days ago, I doubt I ever have been on a Drake class before." A noticeable sneer touched her voice at the mention of her mother, but her tone returned to its usual impassiveness soon enough.

"I... look forward... to the introductions," Sanna continued, keeping up her sociable exterior while her sharp gaze swept up and down Stan's face. "After all, if we're supposed to work together, we should get to know each other better? When do you want me to meet the rest of the squad?"

ScornMandark

Mancini
- Medical Quarters -

James was a little surprised at Dalos' response. "Hey, you're talking! That's great!" He stood for a moment, an awkward moment passed. "Oh, right, the briefing. Heh, sorry."

He walked into the room and sat down, facing the Ensign. "Well, couple of things. Apparently the ships that we rescued and fought the ZAFTies for were in fact terrorists impersonating OMNI personel. Yeah, go us. They're some radical anti-coordinator group called Altus or something and they kidnapped a coordinator doctor of some kind. Our orders are to return to Copernicus City and investigate, maybe find some clue as to what they were about. Personally, I'd rather just track 'em down and blow 'em out of the sky...but I guess we'll have to find them first."

He tapped his chin for a second, mumbling to himself. "...one other thing...what was it...um... Oh yeah!" He sat up again. "Your Dagger is about repaired, and there's a new girl on the ship. Didn't get a chance to, erm 'investigate' her yet."

Shaking himself briefly, he turned back to Dalos. "How are you feeling? I'm guessing since you're up, we're going to prep for the next mission. You up to flying? You've been flying sheets for 6 weeks now."

~~~~~~~~~~

- Briefing Room -

Stan was a little confused now about this girl. 'Her mom signed her up? And she's only been in for a few days? What about training?'

"Wait, you are a pilot, right? What ship did you train on? You have been through flight school, right? I mean, they don't let people who just enlist into mobile suits without any sort of training, so..." He trailed off, hoping that he was right and she just misspoke.

"I trained on the Drake class Bellerophon before the war, flying a Mobius. I logged a few thousand hours before the war started. I was stationed on the Nelson class Adamant during the fighting, flew a couple hundred hours in the GAT-01 Dagger. The Adamant went down in the thick of Joachim Due and I got picked up after by, ironcically enough, the Bellerophon. She took me back to Earth where I've been stationed since."

"If you want, I'll show you to the crew quarters and then either I can show you around the ship or let you explore. Either way, I think I'd like to call the squad together in...say, an hour and a half? The Mancini's only a little over a hundred meters long, so there ain't all that much to explore. Especially since the launch deck refits, that chewed up a bit of space topside."
LadyTaurucis

Sanna was somewhat taken aback at the sudden burst of questions, though she listened intently to what Stan had to say.

"You should know that my scores in the flight school were very high," she commented off-handedly, not caring whether she came off as arrogant. She pursed her lips, folding her arms across her chest. "In fact, they were the only high scores I ever had in military school. 'Piloting a fodder mobile suit is all you'll ever be good for,' my dear old mother told me. That's how I got here."

This is unusual, Sanna mused. I usually try not to socialize this much, especially with strangers.

"Anyway, I think I will look around the ship myself, thank you for the offer," she continued. "It was nice meeting you."

Without another word, Sanna rose from the chair she was sitting on and left the briefing room.

Where would crew quarters be? she asked herself. Probably far away from the hangar bay, I would imagine.

She headed in the direction she thought the crew quarters should be, although that only led to the mess hall. With a sigh of frustration, she aimlessly ventured through the ship's interior, but no matter where she went she couldn't find the crew quarters.

Guess I should have accepted his offer? Sanna resolved to ask the next crewmate she came across for directions.

As if something had been reading her mind, audible voices caught her attention. She hurried towards the source, assuming that conversation meant lots of people...

Her assumption was correct - but instead of the crew quarters, Sanna hand found the medical quarters. There were only two people in sight - a rather beat-up looking guy on one of the beds, and someone talking to him.

"Excuse me," she began, feeling like a fish out of water and painfully foolish to boot. "Do either of you know where the crew quarters are?"

ScornMandark

Mancini

Stan watched her go, eyebrows raised, a little confused. "...Dismissed." 'She went to a military school, but only enlisted a few days ago? Her mother pushed her into it? Patent lack of respect for authority? Hm...I'd better go find her file.' He headed to the bridge to find the captain. "Sir, did we just get a pilot transfer?"

The captain turned and gestured towards the comm station. "Orders just came in. Did she give you the transfer papers?"

Stan shook his head. "She didn't seem to have any on her." He turned to the comm officer. "Did they get transmitted?"

She pressed a few buttons, looking through the day's communiqués. "Nope, just the order itself."

The captain leaned over. "Maybe she's got it packed for some reason. Sort it out before we hit Copernicus."

Stan nodded. "Aye, sir." With that, he left the bridge in search of her. He headed straight to the crew quarters and knocked on the door. Her nameplate hadn't been added yet, so for now it was blank. He knocked again when there was no answer, then decided to just wait outside the door for her to get back.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

- Medical Quarters -

James had just asked Ensign Dalos about flying when a girl popped her head in the room. Sounding kind of lost, she asked, "Excuse me, do either of you know where the crew quarters are?"

James realized she was the new girl from the briefing room. "Ah, hello!" A gleam appeared in his eye, but he kept his tone friendly. "Welcome aboard! I'm James, and this is Ensign Dalos. A pleasure." He smiled at her, trying to put her at ease.
LadyTaurucis

Everyone here is so... talkative, Sanna decided. Always friendly and smiling. As if they hide something behind their exteriors..

"That is all well and good," she replied dismissively, indicating the backpack slung over her shoulder with a shrug, "but do any of you know where the crew quarters are?"

ScornMandark

James turned towards Dalos with a raised eyebrow at this girl's rudeness. "Well, to be fair, I can't be showing off military secrets to complete strangers, now can I? I mean, I don't even know your name!" He held his hand to his chest, feigning offense. It was poorly overacted.

~~~~~

Stan waited outside the crew quarters, wavering between annoyance and amusement. Amusement eventually won out, so he went into his own quarters and sat down with a book. He left his door open so he could see when anybody went past, as they would...eventually. With a small grin, he set off to read the latest installment in the historical high seas fiction epic, 'The Adventures of Troy Majors.'
LadyTaurucis

Sanna stared at James blankly, wondering what to think.

"If I have said something wrong, I am sorry," she replied automatically, hiding her irritation at the overly sociable crew of the Mancini. "My name is Sanna. Does that make things any better?"

A small, crooked smile touched her lips. Smiling was supposed to be a friendly gesture. Hopefully it would help ease the tense atmosphere in the room...

Kavik Ryx

Dalos slowly moved his head and eyes up so he could indentify the new pilot. He began studying her in a way that could be taken rather wrongly.
ScornMandark

"Sanna! So pleased to meetcha." Dalos' appraisal was not unnoticed by James, he had just been a little more circumspect about it. "See, that wasn't so hard, now was it? Anyways, the crew quarters are just down hall 4B about 40 meters. Just turn left from this door, go to the second hallway, you'll see a sign that has 4B written on it. Turn right, 40 meters and you're there. The squad all have rooms in a cluster, so just drop your stuff in the open one."

He paused in his directions. "Need a hand getting there?"
LadyTaurucis

Sanna ran her tongue over her lips nervously, avoiding Dalos's gaze. However, she made sure that she committed the directions to memory.

I'll probably look foolish and naive to these older people if I get lost again, she told herself sternly.

"I should be able to find them," she replied awkwardly. "Thank you..."

She ducked back into the hallway before anyone could say anything more, and tried to follow James's directions to the crew quarters.

After a few minutes of retracing steps and recalling directions, Sanna finally found herself in the crew quarters. She checked the name plates outside each door, searching for the squad's rooms. Sure enough, they were there - a block of four rooms, three with their name plates occupied, and a fourth with an unmarked one.

Sanna carefully opened the door, in case someone was in there waiting to pop out and surprise her. When nothing apparent happened, she went inside, tossed her backpack on the floor, and lay down on the bed.

People are confusing...

Gambit01

I feel sorry for you for having such a foolish uncle

Nakamura's blood ran cold, and he suddenly felt numb at that statement.

"And who are you to pass judgement on my uncle?"
I mean when you spend precious seconds to give an "All Your Nukes Are Belong To Us" speech before you even start the Gundam up, you know you're too overzealous for your own good.~wza
Sume Gai

Cynthia Torring

"I am LT. Torring and I'm simply agreeing with what you expressed, so clearly. Now I have to get to my ship unless that silly Admiral has decided to transfer me again."
"If You are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve" -Captain Harlock

"I like the SAGA. Its what Rambo would pilot if he was in Gundam 00" -Kylern