PHASE 5: A Needle in a Haystack (ATLAS)

Where old RPGs go when they die and move on to the afterlife.
Wedge14

PHASE 5: A Needle in a Haystack (ATLAS)

Two weeks later
The Shoal Zone

O'connor was restless. The Fleet was way behind schedule. Lorenzo and his fleet had yet to meet up with him. He had also not been able to drop off the merc which had cost ATLAS some extra money keeping him around.

O'connor turned a corner and noticed that young pilot. Enzo something... He grabbed the boy by the shoulder.

”Grab three other men, instruct them to clean up and look presentable. Arm yourselves with rifles and meet me in the conference room in two hours.”

Matt released his grip on the young pilot and gave him a push on his way. “Don’t be late!”

O’Connor was quick making his way to his quarters. He had another important task to complete. This one may prove to be more difficult than the others.

The conference room was cleaned out. All that was left inside was a video camera, a table, and few props. Among them were some scattered notes, a laptop, a handgun, and some bottles of water. Near the back of the room was a curtain blocking off the back wall.

Enzo and three crewmen stood in the back of the room looking very trim and proper. They were no doubt feeling a little awkward when O’Connor arrived late wearing what would soon be known as ATLAS' uniform.

He stood in the middle of the room, the lighting dimmed down slightly. Not a word was spoken. The camera operator began to film. This was all Mathew O’Connor needed. He took off instantly, his voice strong and threatening.

”Coordinators of the world and their sympathizers, I am Commander Mathew O’Connor, former soldier of OMNI Enforcer.

We are ATLAS. We have sacrificed ourselves to carry the weight of this earth on our shoulders. This burden is a great honour, and we call upon the Naturals of Earth to rise and fight for humanity.

Space is infected by an unnatural plague that, man-made though it is, will soon wipe out all of mankind. We of ATLAS are nothing but simple humanitarians, called by God to right this wrong that we humans have created. We have answered a divine calling to wash away the sins of mankind to protect the righteous. We will do anything to keep humanity safe from this scourge.

It was my fleet that attacked Copernicus City this two weeks ago. Our hearts are filled with utmost sorrow for all the damage we caused to the city's Natural inhabitants, but those noble souls are modern-day martyrs blessed with righteousness. Their lives were lost for the greater good. “

It was with that the four soldiers in the background pulled away the curtain blocking the back of the room. Direct center of the room was a battered and beaten woman. And behind her was a panoramic view of space. There was a lot of debris in the area behind them. The woman’s arms were bound with wire ties at the wrists, they were so tight her hands were turning purple. Her blouse was ripped and burned, as well as her skirt. She fidgeted rapidly for a brief moment before O’Connor reached for the pistol on his table. He cocked the gun, the well-maintained weapon sliding a bullet right into its chamber. He walked towards the woman who whimpered only to grab her by the hair and put her face towards the camera as he waved the gun near her ear.

“This is our enemy! We of ATLAS will continue to fight the good fight. We will fight for mankind’s best interests. We will be the arms of God!”

And with that O’Connor stopped. Taking a deep breath he nodded to the camera man, who powered down the camcorder.

In a few weeks both the EA and PLANT would receive the strange broadcast.

RPG Trinary:Creepy Zeon Magician

I'm cool, just ask anybody.

Oh and check out the RPG Section!
ORegan

Jack sat in the pilot's lounge of the ship alone staring at the wall with a cup of coffee as the news played on a small TV set above him. Since he was suppose to have been dropped off awhile ago, Jack was getting a bit irritated and paranoid. These bastards may just decide to kill him instead of paying him. Trying to get it out of his mind, Jack stared to look at the TV. Nothing of interest was going on globally with the exception of the reports of the attack that had taken place weeks prior. Since Atlas was so anti-coordinator, they didn't receive any broadcast from the PLANTS, and only from Earth and colonies controlled by the EA. An EA propaganda news station named BOX assumed that the attack was by coordinator terrorists using stolen EA weapons. Jack could only assume that the news broadcasts in the PLANTS were doing the same and blaming the Earth Alliance. He let out a sigh and uttered the word 'morons' while thinking of politicians.

At this moment, O'Connor's ugly mug appeared on the screen. 'This is it' he thought. 'He's going to give me some generic evil bad guy speech before some pricks with guns come barging in and shoot me.' grabbing his side arm, he turned and pointed it towards the door. He wasn't going down without a fight. Jack listened to the broadcast while focusing on the doorway. A few seconds in, it was apparent that this was an official ATLAS terrorism video, and the sick bastard wanted the rest of the ship to see it as well. Jack couldn't help but watch as the Commander took their hostage and implied that he was going to execute her on camera. Then the feed stopped.

"These people are fucking insane" he thought as he holstered his gun again and sat back down. Sipping his coffee, Jack thought about selling them out the moment they try anything funny.
mcred23 wrote: Well... it's official: O'Regan is the next Hitler.
WhiteWingDemon wrote: Not to start anything, seeing as that is O'Regan's job...
ShadowCell wrote: O'Regan, quit hitting on other users.
Orrick Alexander wrote: Did anyone know that O'Regan is the reason there's no air in space?
The Loser Villain

Patty

In the two weeks that Atlas was hiding Patty had finished reading all her book and was now almost done with her last puzzle book. If they stayed any longer she have to, heaven forbid, socialize in order to pass the time.

As she walked down a hallway she heard a group of men cheering, which wasn't all that common on a ship that had been out of contact for two weeks. She figured it had to be some morons fighting over something stupid. But as she got closer she saw the TV that was broadcasting the Commander with the hostage they had taken.

"Well, looks like things may heat up soon."

Chien

The two weeks had been painful for Chien since there wasn't much for him to do except check up on his Dagger L, and even that didn't take long since it wasn't being used.

So since he has just finished up the daily check he gave the Mobile Suit he tunned around the frequencies to see what he could pick up on the video channels. It wasn't long before he saw nothing worth watching and decided to go into the pilots lounge and have some coffee.

As he opened the door he saw the man whom he recognized as the merc pilot.

"Hmm, what's up Johnny Walker?" He said knowing that the mans name was another brand. "What's on TV?"
Last edited by The Loser Villain on Tue Aug 26, 2008 2:31 am, edited 2 times in total.
"Kamille, if it wasn't for you...." Jerid's last words

"You bastard... You don't get it! I'm... I'm special! I'm famous! I'm the king of mock battles!" Patrick
Cardi Doorl

- Girty Lue-class Nosi -
- Pilot's Lounge -

Enzo Cagliari, still wearing the neatly-pressed uniform he'd donned in the Commander's video, had been sitting in a corner of the lounge trying not to draw attention for the time being. The only other person in the place was that mercenary guy, who apparently hadn't noticed Enzo's presence.

The young pilot hadn't expected the Commander to broadcast the video through the ship before sending it to the Coordinators, but he felt a mixture of pride and self-consciousness for appearing in the background. He couldn't lie; he looked stoic and steady there.

Halfway into the video, Enzo noticed that the mercenary had his pistol drawn and aimed at the room's entrance. Enzo's guts jumped numbly at the sight. He'd always given the mercenary wide berth, and now he was convinced the man wasn't entirely right in the head.

The merc holstered his weapon. Enzo thought about how he could slip out of the room without making himself noticed when Chien from Team B entered the room and addressed the mercenary. He addressed him as "Johnny Walker" but Enzo was certain that wasn't the man's name. Nevertheless, seeing a conversation was about to unfold between these more-experienced teammates, Enzo decided to stay where he was and remain invisible just to hear what they had to say.
RPG TRINARY: Gaia
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: Cardi Doorl

Make sure to check out the RPG section!
ORegan

Just as Jack sat down, he heard the name Johnny Walker being thrown out while someone the speaker sounded as though they were getting closer to him. 'Oh great, just what I need, more nut bags. Turning around, he saw that it was Chien, who was slightly more normal than the rest, but he was still out of his mind as far as Jack was concerned.

"The usual is one. News about our action being done by coordinator terrorists, some 10 year old girl went missing, and O'Connor decided to broadcast a video he made to show off to the rest of the crew about how much experience he has in the field of pistol whipping. I'm assuming he sent out the video to both the EA and the PLANTS so they stop giving each other the credit for the destruction of that colony.
Orrick Alexander wrote: Did anyone know that O'Regan is the reason there's no air in space?
The Loser Villain

The last part of what Jack said had caught his attention, "Oh, we're finally putting the word out, good. Its high time we start making ourselves known and start kicking more Coordinator ass," Chien said proudly.

scanning the room to see if anybody else would be there to echo his statement he saw Enzo was doing his best impersonation of furniture. Rather then say anything to him, Chien continued talking with Jack.

"So, who was the Commander wailing on in the video? Cause I've seen him go to town on some people just for messing up a maneuver, so I can only imagine what he'd do to some Coordinator."

"You bastard... You don't get it! I'm... I'm special! I'm famous! I'm the king of mock battles!" Patrick
Kylern

From the hangar Kyle had seen the new video by the ATLAS Commander. Him wailing that gun around and acting like a lowlife was draining on his patience. There was no need to act like a barbarian... The Commander was acting like not just a terrorist but a raving one and he felt rather ashamed.

"The commander is so cool. He sure knows how to stick it to the world." The man who spoke was on of the technicians Kyle had been working with. They had been redesigning the OS so that it would be easier to pilot by many of the novices in the group. Kyle didn't want to see a machine like the Dagger L destroyed just because they couldn't find adequate pilots.

"If you say so..." Kyle didn't want to say what was really on his mind. One wrong move and he could easily be shark bait on this ship. He didn't share the same motives as the rest of them and with the way he had been acting after that last battle he was bound to draw suspicion. He had no intention of betraying the group because this was still his only chance of fighting ZAFT and finishing business. But in a way he wasn't a true ATLAS member. He hated the way things were going and the way this groups acted. And that video just reminded him of other terrorist groups. He had wanted to be a rebel and fight for something important, but he still felt his honor splatter against the wall with how they handled things.
When the books are written will we be on the right side of history?
Totally Awesome Random Robot RPG
Wedge14

Commander Mathew O'connor

O'connor was actually in a pretty foul mood. Their prisoner was being highly disagreeable and her body was effective at fighting the drugs they were feeding her. She would break eventually, but O'connor didn't have the time to wait.

Much worse then that was the Hedland The ship had taken some damage during the battle in Copernicus and was not able to enter the shoal zone with the rest of ATLAS. Hugh Vicks the Hedland's captain was a capable and trusted man among ATLAS, but the fact that noone had been able to get into contact with him for four days troubled O'connor.

The more pressing matter was looking for ATLAS' informant who was currently missing somewhere in the shoal zone.

O'connor stepped into the hangar to see that a large amount of pilots were somewhere else. He clenched his fists angrily and spun around in search of the missing pilots.

Ziryab

- Girty Lue-class Nosi -
- Main Bridge -

Bulugh, Helmsman Cheeryh Suhndey's head flipped backwards in his seat at the sight of the 'ATLAS uniform.' I really hope I do not have to wear that piece.

And with possible good reason too, Cheeryh thought to himself. Not only as to how it was, given his 'sensibilities' but the how the appearance of the uniform was tied to this club's little video. If only they'd let me in on production, he told himself--believing he could do a far better job than they could have.

How hard can it be to top a chattering twit holding a gun to a battered woman? Just making people feel sorry for her instead of having them side us--you guys.

A quick, derisively condescending snort and his full attention returned towards his own task at hand, piloting the Nosi into the shoal zone. And what was with the revealing background? You don't give hints about where you are!
Hmm. Luke, this Gundam reminds me of a puzzle.

Steam ID: MediumPunch
3DS FC: 0189 9106 6003
ORegan

"It was the chick we captured. She looked like someone went to town on her before the video, and the good ol' Commander was flaunting his gun around. That's about all that happened prior to the video ending, so I have no idea if he hit her when the camera's went out."

Jack looked around the room after Chien did and saw Enzo, still in the same uniform as the tape. "You might wanna ask Private Silence over there, he was in the background, and would know the whole story."
Strike_Rouge_Mk2

MS BAY

Mao was standing in front of a Dagger L his team was required to work on when he noticed what looked to be the MS pilot," You seem like you're thinking about something...or are you constipated?"

Mao was smiling at the thought of what the pilot's response would be. As he took a few steps to stand right next to him, Mao looked at the other MS that would be the next problem for the team in the future.
Zeonic Glory wrote:Sorry to ask this but, what does kawaii mean?
Be kawaii and visit the Art and Multimedia section.
Kylern

Kyle was interrupted in his work by some one he had never scene before. He gave the guy a look over and found nothing really of interest except a guy that thought it was funny to make jokes of his higher up. But instead of saying anything conflicting he just laughed. It was fake but he didn't care by this point.

"I'm thinking about what i'm going to do when these newbs running around this ship get themselves or us killed." He gave a few last instructions to the techie working on the OS and gave a half step around to get a better look at the new guy. "Lets hope your not a newbie at this. I'm Lt. Ryder of the Alpha team. I'm the pilot of the Alie Dagger L you see here. And you happened to interrupt a very important producer here." Kyle had already shown himself to not be the nicest fellow on the ship for various reasons and he had learned to distrust new people for equally various reasons. And this guy hadn't done anything to get his respect or trust just yet.
The Loser Villain

Chien

After Jack mentions Enzo being in the video, Chien instantly focuses on getting an answer from the kid.

"Well, kid what's the story cause I missed the whole thing. Because after all the trouble we go through to capture her..... I'd hate for you to tell me O'conner put a bullet in her head."

He then walked over to where Enzo was sitting and stood behind him. "Cause it would have been sooooo much easier to just frag the entire building she was in rather then pull her out under heavy fire, just to shoot her. Maybe I'm wrong, but that doesn't seem to make a whole lot of sense."

He paused for a moment, waiting to see if Enzo would say anything.

Patty

After watching the video Patty decided to make her way towards the hangar to do a routine checkup on her Mobile Suit. As she made her way around the corner of hallway she saw Commander O'conner coming in her direction with an expression that could sour milk.

She instantly snapped to attention and saluted, hoping that his anger wasn't directed specifically at her.

Cardi Doorl

- Girty Lue-class Nosi -
- Pilot's Lounge -

Enzo had kept his eyes locked with Chien's from the moment the other man addressed him.

"The Commander didn't shoot that woman. He isn't stupid!"
RPG TRINARY: Gaia
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: Cardi Doorl

Make sure to check out the RPG section!
Strike_Rouge_Mk2

Mao seemed to enjoy what the pilot who called himself "Lt." said to him,"Well, seeing that you are telling my team to change your MS to something that makes it easier to pilot, you cant be calling the Chief Tech a newbie." Mao could tell that his response could trigger an argument, he was ready for something along the lines of two people making a scene for no reason.
Kylern

"I think your mistaken. I'm helping rewrite the OS for the others using my unit. For the Chief Technician you don't pay much attention to whats going on. I'm trying to make it easier for the newcomers to this sort of warfare." Kyle gave a glare as the Chief seemed to think he was the newbie. Man was the situation one big misunderstanding but Kyle was still in too bad a mood to say sorry or whatever. Instead he grabbed the results and started to look them over.

"Sadly most of the good data on a perfect Natural OS are held by Morgenrote when they worked on the Strike. Its insane trying to fix these things without their Quantum AIs or a bloody Coordinator. Despite everything they still outperform us when it comes to this sort of thing." He wrote a few things and handed it back. The main problem it seemed was with the pack system. It seemed to lag in the hands of a Natural... plus the G-forces pushed by the Alie caused difficulty at high speeds. And while Kyle wasn't a technician or super intelligent in this field he had been piloting MA and MS from the beginning. He knew what was needed and what suffered. The Dagger L was way more sophisticated than the 101 and Strike Dagger. And a new way of thinking was needed to make sure Naturals had the advantage against the newest ZAFT units in production.
Wedge14

Mathew O'connor

O'connor spotted the unlucky pilot as he crossed her in the hallway. The pilot was none other then Patricia Johnson. She was a veteran of combat and unlike Aura Shyne she had enough decency to keep herself covered up. O'connor thought highly of her though he would never allow her to think it.

"Lt Johnson!" He barked. "I take it you've calibrated your dagger?"

The Loser Villain

Chien

As Enzo raised his voice to Chien, he couldn't help but smirk. 'Maybe the kid has something of a spine after all. With just the right amount of pressure applied he could turn out to be more then a talking head,' he thought.

"Alright, settle down there kid. No reason to yell, I'm right here," he was now grinning at Enzo. "So, then what happened if he didn't shoot her? Any idea what his plans are for her? I doubt ransom since we seem to have backers with deep pockets."

Patty

'Great, just as I'm on my way to do just that...' she thought, but didn't let her face betray her feelings. 'No sense lying.'

"Sir, I was just on my way to calibrate and run a routine check on my Mobile Suit. I understand that it should have been done earlier, but I assure you I have been maintaining it over the course of time we've been in the shoal zone."

Patty then braced for the chewing out she expected to receive from Commander O'conner. She also just noticed that she was still saluting the Commander, but didn't dare drop it since he hadn't returned it. He wasn't a man to mess with and she did not want to be on his short list of pilots for suicide missions.

Wedge14

O'connor's stern expression changed little as Patricia spoke, his sneer almost cracked when she finally remembered to salute.

"That's very good you are about to start with you routine maintenance checks. We are low on manpower here in ATLAS but that doesn't mean we are low on power."

O'connor paused briefly before continuing.

"As you are aware the Hedland has fallen far behind schedule. It is imperative that we get them up to speed and the rest of the fleet. But right now Vicks is vulnerable. Take with you Ensigns Shyne and Cagliari and find the Hedland assist them with repairs and provide defence with your mobile suits. You will travel in our shuttle, the mechanics will attach the mobile suits via cable and some will accompany you."

O'connor finally saluted back.

"If you have any questions Lt. I suggest you ask them now."

Strike_Rouge_Mk2

"Well I don't want to get into what what kind of "warfare" this is, but I cant say that we can make a good OS for the MS because you are sort of right. Even when I was learning how to do this job I still couldn't pass the coordinators in what I do." Mao now felt like he wished he was a coordinator, but he thought that he could pass what the coordinators did, even as a natural.

"Now that I think about it...I know a few colleagues that went on to work in Morgenrote however being who we are on this ship, I don't think that we can even get any data even if they would give me any of it. And for advanced AIs I think that we can manage with a squad like mine. And don't get to worked up about this, we are on the same ship so theres no reason for us to fight each other."