TFtF Discussion Thread #3

Where old RPGs go when they die and move on to the afterlife.
Cardi Doorl

He means unrelated to the 4th/Echo ;)
RPG TRINARY: Gaia
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: Cardi Doorl

Make sure to check out the RPG section!
Sume Gai

so here's my question (and the question of anyone waiting in the wings to pilot)

will the fleets get replacement suits before meeting this 'group'?

or will we still have to wait?
"If You are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve" -Captain Harlock

"I like the SAGA. Its what Rambo would pilot if he was in Gundam 00" -Kylern
Fritz Ashlyn

For the AEUG, only Adam Trask on the Hamburg will have a suit to pilot (and it won't be in very good condition). After this arc, everyone that is currently on the emergency pilot roster will be bumped up into the regular teams. Unless someone new tries to sign up for the AEUG between now and the end of the arc, everyone will have a spot going into the next arc for the first time in a while.
TftF Wiki
TftF One Shots
RPG Trinary: Ortega
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: Fritz Ashlyn

Hey! why don't you swing on down to the RPG section? Tales from the Frontlines: The AEUG running strong since 2006!
Fritz Ashlyn

Hurricane Ike is strengthening in the Gulf of Mexico as I type, and there's about a 99% chance I'm going to be ordered to evacuate the island my university is located on tomorrow.

Here is a map to give you an idea of what we're dealing with.

Corpus Christi is that yellow dot I put on there. ...yeah.

So if I suddenly don't have access to the internet for a noticeable length of time, blame Ike. I'm going to spend most of tomorrow getting the hell out of town, driving a couple of hours up the Texas coast to my hometown, boarding up my mother's house... and then getting the hell out of town again.

Once I'm done drying out and fighting off the gators I'll fill you guys in and confirm that I'm still alive.
TftF Wiki
TftF One Shots

Hey! why don't you swing on down to the RPG section? Tales from the Frontlines: The AEUG running strong since 2006!
hellbore

Fritz Ashlyn wrote:For the AEUG, only Adam Trask on the Hamburg will have a suit to pilot (and it won't be in very good condition). After this arc, everyone that is currently on the emergency pilot roster will be bumped up into the regular teams. Unless someone new tries to sign up for the AEUG between now and the end of the arc, everyone will have a spot going into the next arc for the first time in a while.
Yeah! WOO!... I think... :shock:

How do you mean it won't be in very good condition? :?
mcred23

hellbore wrote:How do you mean it won't be in very good condition? :?
It's probably going to be barely capable of combat, particularly considering everything that happened to said Nemo before. Although IIRC, the exact nature of the damage hasn't been determined by Fritz yet, remember it was hit by enemy fire, the cockpit was damaged to some extent, it crashed into the Hamburg's hangar and Jeriden Kai did die from the wounds he got flying the thing. Don't expect the thing to perform like a typical MSA-003...

In other words, the thing is currently very beat up, and it will likely have had the bare minimum of repairs to make it flyable by the time Trask is tossed in it.
I must betray Stalindog!!!

RPG TRINARY: Mash
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: mcred23 (Call me 'red', not 'mcred')
King Monkey

and Jeriden Kai did die from the wounds he got flying the thing. Don't expect the thing to perform like a typical MSA-003...
But on the upside, it'll be haunted! It'll be like having a cool invisible co-pilot!

Mod Edit (Red): And there should be some awesome bloodstains too! Another perk!
Yep...That's Texas in a nutshell. Why just say "f**k you" when you can put it on a flag?

Want to play an Avenger or Spider-man? Come to Marvel 972: http://z10.invisionfree.com/Marvel_Eart ... hp?act=idx
ORegan

hellbore wrote:
Fritz Ashlyn wrote:For the AEUG, only Adam Trask on the Hamburg will have a suit to pilot (and it won't be in very good condition). After this arc, everyone that is currently on the emergency pilot roster will be bumped up into the regular teams. Unless someone new tries to sign up for the AEUG between now and the end of the arc, everyone will have a spot going into the next arc for the first time in a while.
Yeah! WOO!... I think... :shock:

How do you mean it won't be in very good condition? :?
It'll be rusty, it'll keep making these popping sounds and it'll stall at random.
mcred23 wrote: Well... it's official: O'Regan is the next Hitler.
WhiteWingDemon wrote: Not to start anything, seeing as that is O'Regan's job...
ShadowCell wrote: O'Regan, quit hitting on other users.
Orrick Alexander wrote: Did anyone know that O'Regan is the reason there's no air in space?
hellbore

:shock: :shock:

Can I have a raincheck until we get something that wont get me killed in my first sortie.
mcred23

No. You're an emergency pilot, this is exactly what they are ment for and the conditions under which they'd be made a pilot, and it's far too late to back out of that job. :twisted:

OOC, you really won't have anything to worry about, since the next battle will be the previously mentioned NPC test run, where nearly the only way to get killed is if you want to get killed. Of course, given the state of the Nemo that Trask will likely be flying, I doubt he'll be able to fully partake in the action, nevermind score a kill, but his survival is pretty much guaranteed...
I must betray Stalindog!!!

RPG TRINARY: Mash
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: mcred23 (Call me 'red', not 'mcred')
hellbore

:lol: I know, I was kidding. Should be fun to fly the thing anyway.
Psyden

As now, the neighborhood down the road from mine has lost power. The lights have flickered here, twice. I don't know how much longer we have until the power went out, and once it does, there is no telling when it will come back on.

My family has elected to ride the hurricane out, so if the power goes out, I will (of course) be unable to post. Unfortunately, the power might be out for a week or longer, so don't expect me to do ANY posting for a while.

To those who are on the Coast, I wish you luck.

If Love is the answer, could you please rephrase the question?
Terrace

Don't expect me to post for a while. My family has evacuated and my internet access is likely to be very spotty. Curse you, Hurricane Ike! :evil:
Heavyarms is the best walking weapons pile of all the Gundams!

Click Here!
Psyden

Well, just here to say that I survived Ike. The power went out at 0130 this morning, and they say it might be weeks before the power comes back.

This computer and the internet router/modem are both running off of generator power, which means that just because I can post now doesn't mean I will later.

As for the local damages, fences are down all over the nieghborhood and large limbs have fallen off and large trees have toppled over. Most of the roads have already been cleared. However, a tall pine did fall onto a house down the street from us. Luckily, it did not break through the roof, but it will take a tactor to pull it down safely.

Well, that is all for now. I'll report in a bit later with more information.

If Love is the answer, could you please rephrase the question?
Cardi Doorl

Good to see you're not dead yet. I can take care of your Titan characters until such time as you can post more regularly.
RPG TRINARY: Gaia
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: Cardi Doorl

Make sure to check out the RPG section!
Wedge14

I said this to fritz along time ago but the thought of poisonous snakes flying through the air at high speeds frightens me.

Glad to hear everyone is safe =D
RPG Trinary:Creepy Zeon Magician

I'm cool, just ask anybody.

Oh and check out the RPG Section!
Fritz Ashlyn

Well, I'm back at home. Somehow the power is still on down here, and my mother's house wasn't severely damaged. I'll be going back to Corpus tomorrow morning.
TftF Wiki
TftF One Shots

King Monkey

Welcome back all survivors!

Glad to hear you all made it.
Yep...That's Texas in a nutshell. Why just say "f**k you" when you can put it on a flag?

Want to play an Avenger or Spider-man? Come to Marvel 972: http://z10.invisionfree.com/Marvel_Eart ... hp?act=idx
Gambit01

I on the other hand, have no power because of the hurricane....or what was left of it that reached Kentucky (yes, you read that right, a hurricane that hit TEXAS affected KENTUCKY). Half the city of Louisville is without power, and since I live on the outskirts, I'm low priority; LG&E predicted 10 to 14 days w/out power.
I mean when you spend precious seconds to give an "All Your Nukes Are Belong To Us" speech before you even start the Gundam up, you know you're too overzealous for your own good.~wza
ScornMandark

Yeah, the trailing hand of Ike swept up 70 mph winds up here in Cleveland, Ohio too. About half the city is without power, many stop lights are being run on generators. Trees are downed everywhere, one nearly crushed my car on sunday. Fortunately, the guy in the car next to me who the tree did fall on was alright.
The Mekton Zeta Mailing List wrote:27. I will not put emergency destruct devices in my mecha. I will put them in my pilots. Nothing motivates like thermite.