TARRRPG Chapter 4: African Assault

Where old RPGs go when they die and move on to the afterlife.
Wingnut

((Black Mage isn't going to be happy about that.))

- Wingnut -

It was just as he was pondering if there was anything that could be done to get the Sturmvogel II out of the battle when Mike's beams answered that question for him with a profound statement as the variable fighter was torn apart by the GN beams.

I guess not than.

Wingnut keyed open the channel to all Federation forces.
"All mobile suits, this is Wingnut. The current enemy threat has been neutralized. All forces return to the ship. Be advised that the black Bawoo and possibly the Gundam Astrea will also be landing on the Osprey and are not to be attacked."

Wingnut then himself landed on the Osprey and shortly after doing so noticed the torso of a blue CGUE lying on the deck with ground crews cutting open the hatch.

So one of that first group survived huh? This pilot could prove useful to us. If not in one way, than in another.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
Cybaster

-Black Mage-

._.

That would be the closest ASCII approximation to Black Mage's facial expression right at that moment. Dumbfounded, Black Mage and the L-Gaim could only stare as the Fandom's own Bawoo K came in from behind and made mincemeat out of the Sturmvogel II for him; He was so awestruck, in fact, that Black Mage didn't even take the opportunity to finish Leon off right there and then. And then he didn't know how to feel --- whether to be elated that the pretty boy was getting his face mashed in, or peeved that Black Mage wasn't the one who did the nitty-gritty on his face to begin with.

Just as Black Mage was about to fire on the Bawoo as well in case Mike made BM his next target, the next message that came through told him that it was not necessary. With a glance, Black Mage turned his attention to the Cerberus; It was stuck fighting the Unicorn and wasn't going anywhere.

The L-Gaim was alone.

With big steps, the L-Gaim strode towards the downed Sturmvogel II, checking to see if Leon was still alive and which of the above two emotions best fit BM at that moment. As the L-Gaim towered over Leon, Black Mage immediately decided that he was 60% feeling the latter and 40% feeling the former. Whatever that meant, anyway. Looking up, Black Mage growled and fired off a trailing shot from the Hand Launcher at the Bawoo as it left. "Well, *that* was anticlimactic, numbnut. I didn't need that! When I was expecting an apocalyptic-esque battle of old enemies on an epic scale, *this* wasn't it!" Black Mage sneered, and the Power Launcher on the L-Gaim's right arm raised in line with the wrecked Sturmvogel as he turned away from Mike again. To Leon, Black Mage gave a shrug. "*Sigh*. Sorry, pretty boy. I guess things happen. But look on the bright side..."

Glare.

"You still have your looks."

Then Black Mage's eyes narrowed as he fired the Power Launcher.
Don't throw the baton, you jacka**!!!
Lowind

The Epyon turned away as most of the wild spray of beams from the Freedom missed completely, and the two shots that did hit aren't going to do much to the gundanium armor.

"Kayla, we should do something here..." Lowind said slowly. "Argh, forget it. All forces under my command, cease fire. Maximum alert not suspended."

His small unit that had been integrated into Leon's command quietly broke formation and pulled back.
hellbore

-Jacob-

Again with the moon-speak! Jacob retreated the Cerberus and parried the attack from the Unicorn across the body. Moving quickly, the Cerberus grabbed the second coating sword and spun 360 degrees to push the smaller white suit back. (OOC: :D GOD SLASH TYPHOON! :D)

Jacob disengaged and leaped back. He made ready, but suddenly Lowind and Kayla both came over the radio announcing a cease-fire, for now. Maintaining his readiness he made no move to attack.
Volnixshin

Bio watched the retreating forces, with a sigh. He ignited his backmounted thrusters and flew off towards the place he was supposed to be at already.
You ever wonder where the Legend began? Watch as the most useless, becomes the most feared in the galaxy

Dark Duel: "I think the lesson to be learned is that so long as you have blue-colored hair, you will kick ass."
The Big Zabowski

Mike

"Incomming!"

"I-"

*Bwfoosh!*

"-Know..Kitty"

Mike hit the mute on the tactical alarms blaring in his suit, his face blank as he rolled out of the way of BM's shot. He looked down at the readouts on his many open sensor windows, and found that for the most part, he was doing just fine. It was just jarring at how close he'd come many times to biting the big one, and that he was still alive through even all of that. He quickly unlatched his helmet and yanked it off of his head, his aviators going flying with the helmet and clattering against the panoramic monitor. He held his head with his right hand as his left held the controls as he flew on a new course to intercept the Osprey.

"I can't believe I killed him. I can't believe all of them hit.. How did I- no, why did I do it. S**t.."

Mike's Bawoo continued on a path to the Osprey, a flash of light appearing behind him in the rear monitors. He closed his eyes momentarily as the flash finally subsided and steeled his gaze on the Osprey ahead of him.

"F**kin' war.."
TRANS AM!
Yes, it's a V8.
Yes, it was a Trans Am before there was "TRANS AM."
Yes, it's mine. 8)
sephiroth00055

Disregaurd my last post before this one. It should be:

-DC HQ-

Abel quickly noticed the incoming shots and flew directly to the right. While Able was dodging the shots Sephiroth sais, "Not even close." He then proceeds to aim his beam rifle at the head of the white mech. He fires off three shots. He then sees the grenade that is headed toward him. "Abel, get us away from that thing," he said. As Abel is piloting the mech away from it, Sephiroth turns it around and takes a single shot at the grenade.
Kylern

-DC HQ-

The enemy fired at him after seeming to dodge his energy bolt rockets. Not a problem because that massive beam rifle was slow in its firing and the nimble VR dodged in and out of it using the Gunshield to block any fire that came to close. After throwing his powerbomb the enemy tried to shoot it out of the sky which did nothing but cancel it out. The bomb was just energy after all and nothing more.

But before the enemy could escape Kylern gave a slash of his beam sword creating an energy discharge. This wave of energy was aimed at the enemy unit to cause more devestation. Too bad that wasn't all that was used, he fired four more energy rockets at the enemy unit set to explode on impact.

-Africa-

Kayla was in shock as Leon was shot out of the sky by Mike... The guy she had put her trust in just shot the person she had admired out of the sky. A fury built up inside of her as her units pulled back along with Lowind and Leon's teams. It was just her and that Black Mage guy out there still... She was having a hard time focusing right now and all that was in her mind was to kill the person that had done this... Despite the fact she had put a lot of trust into him she realized Mike had just betrayed her.

"All Fandom units return to the Kamaitachi and wait my orders. Lowind watch over everyone while I'm away..." She said this as he headed for the Osprey to meet everyone for some sort of talk. Her mind was clouded with smoke and fire and no newtype would be able to sense just what she had planned next. She withdrew her service pistol and cocked it back to ready it to fire. Then carefully she slipped it into her pocket and landed her Gundam Astrea in the Osprey. The GN double launcher was still attached to the back of her unit but she had no intention of using it right now. She had to personally deal with something right now.

The cockpit of her unit opened up and she started to step out cautiously looking for that black unit Mike was piloting. He would pay for doing that to Leon...
Last edited by Kylern on Tue Jul 22, 2008 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
When the books are written will we be on the right side of history?
Totally Awesome Random Robot RPG
Zangetsu

(OOC: Kylern, he edited right above your post.)

Zaraki heard the order. "Fine, lets switch back. Oh and next time bring me out sooner instead od daydreaming."

Zangetu manouvered the Sonicscream into the hanger landed and jumped out his cockpit to wait for the rest.
"Paladin Anderson, Executioner Anderson, Bayonet Anderson, Dust to Dust Anderson, Assassin Anderson, Regenerator Anderson, Killing Judge Anderson"-Millennium Soldiers
The Big Zabowski

Osprey

Mike transformed his Bawoo into it's MS mode as he deftly touched down on the rear hangar deck of the Osprey. With a sigh, he wiped the sweat from his brow and unzipped the upper part of his flight suit. Pulling his arms out of the sleeves, he let the upper part fall behind his back like a coat tail. Unlatching and opening the hatch, he took one step out onto the platform made by the lower half of the hatch. He held onto the frame of the cockpit door and hung out of the cockpit as he watched Kayla leave her suit and make her way onto the hangar floor.

With a deep breath he pulled the zip line from the upper half of the hatch and rode the line down to the hangar floor. Releasing the line, he let it wind up back into the hatch door as he walked over to Kayla.

"Kayla, glad to see you're alright. Leon had to be eliminated, I'm sorry. If he hadn't ordered the launch of those missiles and killed our men, then maybe we could have trusted him. But that wasn't the case. He compromised the mission with that move.

You should take command now, Kayla. Now let's go discuss that Federal order."

He turned to head off toward a group of gathering soldiers and technicians, back to the Fandom pilot as he began to ask the soldiers about the situation. If she had even paid close attention, she'd notice that he'd removed his sidearm as a sign of goodwill toward the Federation.

Thing is, would she be above shooting an unarmed person in the back?
TRANS AM!
Yes, it's a V8.
Yes, it was a Trans Am before there was "TRANS AM."
Yes, it's mine. 8)
sephiroth00055

-DCHQ-

Thinking quickly, Sephiroth decided that he couldnt dodge all of them. He dicided to fire the cannon mounted in the gundams chest. He knew that if it hit the oncoming shots that it would neutralize them, but if it hit the mech that it to would be destroyed. Sephiroth yells, "Die, you maggot." He then proceedes to fire the MFA-666 Multi-phase Beam Cannon right through the shots and straight toward the mech.
Zangetsu

Zangetsu saw him. 'That traitor how dare he show his face here.' He walked up to Mike. "Hey buddy." he said with a face of anger and betryal.
"Paladin Anderson, Executioner Anderson, Bayonet Anderson, Dust to Dust Anderson, Assassin Anderson, Regenerator Anderson, Killing Judge Anderson"-Millennium Soldiers
Strike Zero

How could I have let this happen...?

Perhaps it was because he had tried to take on too much at one time. Perhaps it was because he had allowed the sudden appearance of Black Mage to distract him just a little too much. Whatever the reason, his once-proud Variable Fighter was now resting at the feet of his opponent and had been reduced to a sorry state--all of its limbs missing, electronics fried, armor scored, not to mention the paint job was also thoroughly ruined.

It was over. The battle had been lost.

And it was all thanks to that treacherous Zabowski character.

Leon should have known better than to rely on him. The man wasn't for the Fandom, nor the Federation. He was a man who played by his own rules, fought for his own friends, and who didn't seem to care who he took out along the way to accomplish his objective. Kayla would have done well to leave him out to dry there and then. However, the Astrea instead followed the Bawoo K aboard the enemy's Gundam transport. Apparently, she was still intent on going along with the man's little negotiation scheme.

Leon didn't hold it against her. She obviously had her reasons. Her and her brother's life were on the line, after all....

It was then that his computer--or what was left of it--indicated that something had acquired a target lock on his downed fighter. Leon looked up to find himself staring down the barrel of the L-Gaim's Power Launcher.

Oh, right. I forgot about him.

At the very last possible second, Leon transformed the battered Sturmvogel into fighter mode, hit the throttle and rocketed forward just as Black Mage fired. He just barely avoided being fried by the scorching beam by mere inches. The fighter scraped across the desert surface for several meters before Leon finally managed to get it airborne once again. For a moment, he paused to take once last look at the enemy L-Gaim.

"I know you're probably sore, BM," Leon said, opening a COM channel back to his rival. "But worry not. I wouldn't leave this fight unfinished for the world."

Then, with a final burst of speed, Leon accelerated towards the horizon and escaped from the battlefield.
Thundermuffin wrote:SETSUNA: There is no Tomino in this world.
Sume Gai

Sume Gai

Gai was the last to land on the deck; but not before asking the birdge to send a group of armed guards. He checked his side arm and removed the safety. He exited and joined the guards and headed over to the woman who was said to be the Pilot of the Astrea. The group positioned itself between her and the rest of the deck before Gai addressed her.

"excuse me miss; I'm afraid I'll have to ask for your cooperation for a few moments. So long as you don't resist there will be no need for violence." Gai raised his gun just to make sure she understood that if she did resist he wouldn't hesitate to shoot but not in a way that said he wanted to. "I'm sure you'd do the same in my situation. Now all I need is for you to consent to a quick pat down, after all you are still an enemy."

Gai had requested another group do the same for Mike.

Alex Bloke

as the Temjin and the Unknown engaged each other Alex had undertaken a high speed maneuver to move behind the enemy. Just as the Unknown started firing his chest mounted cannon Alex fired four shots into it's back from his beam pistol.
"If You are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve" -Captain Harlock

"I like the SAGA. Its what Rambo would pilot if he was in Gundam 00" -Kylern
Cybaster

-Black Mage-

"Oh, wait, what's this? You're still alive and kicking, pretty boy?" Black Mage cooed, seeing Leon make good his escape, and smiled (not that anyone could see it). It didn't matter, anyway --- This just meant that Black Mage got to take him to pieces personally later on. His primary mission was over, and he had kept the Gundam Team from being torn asunder by the Fandom's reckless tactics (which, as Black Mage predicted, managed to wipe out more of themselves than the Feddies). As such, as Leon flew away, Black Mage's L-Gaim stood there and he was all too glad to let Leon go, staring after him. "Meh, me neither, pretty boy. There'll be more face-stabbing to come later, I assure you. Maybe next time you won't be such a magnet for friendly fire, too."

The L-Gaim's flight binders opened again and it took to hovering.

"Irregulars Unit, DCAM-014. Black Mage reporting. Primary objectives complete, returning to base."

Then with a shrug and a look in Emily's direction --- he had a feeling he and the Unicorn Gundam weren't finished yet for some reason, either --- Black Mage turned the L-Gaim around and it took to the air in a burst of power. Soon it was away and out of sight.

-Emily-

The Cerberus' next blow was not completely parried. Even though Emily had caught the movement and had spun to bring the Beam Saber in the way of that, the force nonetheless sent the Unicorn Gundam sliding upwards a little; Just as she was about to recompose her attack, though, Wingnut and Kayla's call for ceasefires stopped her in time, and Emily finally allowed herself to relax as she felt everyone else following suit. Including the Cerberus.

"End initiative. Encounter over." Emily piped up, and gave the Cerberus a salute. He who survived Emily's Knife Eye Attack deserved her respect and more. "Sweet. You get any XP for that?" :)

The Unicorn Gundam then turned to fly towards the Osprey for well-needed weapons replacements, but as Emily did, her eyes caught on the departing L-Gaim in the distance. Immediately, Emily blinked quizzically; There was something about that pilot, and while Emily didn't exactly know who he was, it made Emily curious, as if she was going to see this particular NPC again --- and that said NPC was for some reason important to her secret backstory. It was the same feeling she had about Kirie and, more strangely, Masamune as well.

Which was? If I told you, it wouldn't be secret. =P

"Meh, maybe it's just my inner LFG at work." Emily frowned, and pushed the Unicorn nimbly towards the Osprey's upper bow side. "I'll see that NPC again either way, so why worry now? I've got some shopping to do...wait, no gold. Nevermind."

-Kirie and Masamune-

The two were just about to cavalry charge each other again, the Musha coming from below, the Ryofu Tallgeese from above, and swung their spears at each other --- when Wingnut and Kayla's calls stopped them both in their tracks. It was over? Kirie shook his head; This lack of resolution was going to haunt him, surely. But what could he do? Unbeknownst to him, Masamune's feelings on that matter were mutual as well.

When the two were finally within melee range, all that resulted was a soft clash of Hajingeki on Jumonji Yari as the two Mobile Suits passed each other by. Masamune scoffed. "This isn't over." Was all he said as the Ryofu Tallgeese then wheeled around, moved past Kirie's Musha Gundam again, and soared back towards the Kamaitachi.

Kirie's Musha landed on the flight deck again, and Kirie was just about to take a deep breath to center himself when he suddenly realized something was amiss. Aside from Masamune's persistant reappearance, no...then it hit Kirie, and it caused him to hurriedly look around...Just as, startling Kirie with a gasp and causing him to leap the Musha Gundam back haphazardly, drawing its Katana, the Musha Gundam's missing Naginata stabbed onto the ground in front of it from above.

Looking up, Kirie saw Masamune's Ryofu Tallgeese waving in a taunt. Kirie blinked. When did Masamune managed to steal...? "You should keep a better grip on your weapons next time, Kirie!" Was Masamune's taunt and a cocky laugh that followed. "Next time, the only way you'll get it back is with it stabbed right through your head! Farewell!"

Then the Ryofu Tallgeese was away, leaving Kirie to scratch his head.

"Hey! Wake up, Kirie!"

Kirie looked up and to the Musha Gundam's left to see the Unicorn Gundam landing right next to it. Emily waved at him. "You gonna go back in or what? Staying out here isn't gonna get your Musha Gundam repaired, y'know. Even complete bedrest heals you for only 2 Hit Points a day and 2 points of Ability Damage, so you'd best get some repairs..."

"I'll be fine, Emily. Thanks for worrying --- I'll be in later." Kirie nodded, and kept his eyes on the Kamaitachi. Emily shrugged at that.

"Alright. Your choice, Kirie. I'm gonna go cash in my XP..."

Kirie didn't answer Emily as she then landed the Unicorn into the Osprey; His eyes were on the trailing Masamune and the Fandom ahead. His enemies. Which didn't look like they would quit anytime soon, if not for this ceasefire. Kirie sighed, clasping his hands together on his chest absently; He couldn't even beat Date Masamune today, and had his weapon stolen. Was he really of any help to the Gundam Team in winning this war...?
Last edited by Cybaster on Tue Jul 22, 2008 4:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Kylern

-Kayla-

She gave a pretty serious glare at the man that approached her and even managed to bare a few 'fangs' as well. "Touch me and I swear I'll have the Astrea overload the GN launcher and blow this ship to neverland. I'm not here to play games kid so get out of my way." She disregarded every soldier around her and continued to move forward ready to go through them all.

It was obvious she wasn't happy right now and the sooner she quenched that insatisable hunger the happier she would be. Her eyes stared right past the Federation troops and right at Mike. She pushed herself through right at him.

"You bastard! I trusted you! Leon didn't use those missiles in order to hurt us but to end this battle once and for all. And you shot him down!" She screamed in anger as her eyes turned bloodshot. "Because of you I'll never become a Black Star Knight! I'll never get the recongition I deserve! I'll never be able to stop the Federation from getting ahold of my brother! I'll kill you... you bastard!" With that she quickly drew her weapon before the Federation would shoot her and fired the entire 12 round clip at the guy that ruined her future in Fandom. At this point she didn't care if the Federation shot her... She was dead either way.

-Kylern-

His beam slash collided with the multi-phase and the normally powerful energy attack was cut in half. The multi-phase was pushed off to the sides and the White Knight activated its Confidence boosters. In an instant he blasted forward as the beam energy around his blade reached its peak and from the front he gave a slash from right to left creating a beam shockwave to shred the enemy unit from almost point blank. With that other mech at the enemies back and him in the front there was nowhere to run anymore. Especially with the Temjin in melee range.
When the books are written will we be on the right side of history?
Totally Awesome Random Robot RPG
Sume Gai

Sume Gai

thankfully for Kayla the solders were too dumbstruck to fire when she raised the gun at Mike. Gai however was not; His fired four times. the first went wild because he hadn't aimed well, embedding itself high in side of the deck. However, the next three were headed towards her; one for her knee one for her lower right back and the last for the shoulder of her gun arm.
"If You are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve" -Captain Harlock

Cybaster

-Emily-

Kayla's outburst came just as Emily had managed to walk the Unicorn Gundam into the Osprey's flight deck --- and the first thing that greeted Emily as she parked the Gundam, powered it down, and opened the cockpit hatch to winch herself out was Kayla drawing a gun on Mike. And babble on about how he killed Leon. Leon...wasn't he the guy in the Sturmvogel that flew away before that NPC in the L-Gaim could Coup d'Grace him? Emily shrugged. It was a good thing Leon decided not to AoO Black Mage for it, too.

And then Kayla fired wildly, causing Emily to jump with each loud shot and duck into the cockpit again at the same moment Gai fired back. If she went down there, Emily blinked in a panic, she was going to be the one that got shot; How was Emily going to get Kayla to listen and stop trying to kill everyone? Then as Emily hurriedly eyed the cockpit, she caught sight of something to the left side of the cockpit...and Emily had an idea. It didn't quite work on Night Chaser, but maybe it might work on Kayla this time.

"Hey! DC18 Reflex Save, please!"

Emily grabbed at it, reeled her arm back, and threw a wrench out of the cockpit and at Kayla's head from behind. "You're talking about the guy in that fighter-like thing, fired those missiles, was down on the ground fighting that NPC? He's still alive, y'know! He's back on your ship!"
sephiroth00055

-DC HQ-
As the chest cannon finished Abel detected the incoming beam shots. Sephiroth told him to press forward and draw both sabers. Abel then clipped the rifle to his waist and pulled out the sabers while charging, crying out “This is a blast.”, the beam slash and cuts threw it engaging the white mech (Temijin). He then hold his sabers in a cross shape and clashes with the white mech's sword, while firing all thruster to push the white mech (Temijin) into the ground.
Sume Gai

Alex Bloke

as the Unknown moved forward to engage the Temjin in a melee battle Alex dashed forward as well. he threw his boosted rifle aside and returned the beam pistol to it's mount before drawing two beam sabers.

he quickly slashed Diagonally (left to right across the unknown's back with his left and followed this with a stab at it's head using the right.