TARRRPG Chapter 4: African Assault

Where old RPGs go when they die and move on to the afterlife.
Wingnut

TARRRPG Chapter 4: African Assault

- Gibraltar Base, shortly before dawn -

"The Saber Rattler has been brought to his knees. The Whysp of his sword now serves us....Z."

Ryker could only guess at what the cryptic message the Fandom had sent them meant. It sounded like someone had been captured and made to serve the Fandom in some way, but who that could be was unclear.
There was also the possibility that the message was not even truthful at all, but just a bit of psychological warfare sent to rattle the Federation in some way.

In any case, the Osprey had a mission to complete and the time had come to get to completing it.

"Start up the engines. Prepare to take off."

In her berth the repaired and somewhat improved Osprey came to life and taxied out onto the runway. Her engines lit up the pre-dawn Spanish sky as she rolled down the runway and slowly rose into the air before soon heading eastward toward her objective.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
Strike Zero

- Fandom Euro HQ, dawn -

There was a knock on the door of Leon's quarters. Leon was presently sitting at his desk studying a large, holographic map of the Mediterranean and the surround area spread over its surface. "Come in," he said.

A young corporal with flaming red hair strode in. "Sir. Report from the frontlines. The Gundam's transport has just taken off from the Gibralter base."

"Well, well," Leon said, leaning back in their chair, a small smile appearing on his face. "Punctual, aren't they? Projected flight path?"

"It's strange... they aren't moving further inland. Rather, they are moving south and appear intent on traveling east across Africa.

Leon's smile broadened. "Exactly according to the scenario."

"Sir?"

Leon leaned forward again, hovering over his map. "With the stationing of the Gundam squadron in Europe, the Federation most likely intends to use them to spearhead a new counter-offensive against our forces here. One possible option was for them to use the destroyed outpost as a foothold to mount even more attacks against other key locations, eventually carving out a path through our line to the oil fields--their undoubted ultimate objective.

"That is not, however, what I would do," Leon continued, "and apparently, not what the Federation intends to do either. In order for an offensive against Europe to be succesful, the Federation would first need to have a firm hold on the sea, and the best place to cut it off from would be..."

Leon jabbed a finger at the map, causing the display to shimmer. "Here. Our base at the Suez Canal and supply line in-and-out of the Medeterranian. Should that fall, Europe would not be too far behind."

"Everything I have planned was not only based on the prediction that the Gundams would move from their base in Gibralter to attack Suez, but also based on the predicted route they would take to get there. Africa is the safest, and the most logical choice for the Gundam team, and--if Captain Ryder's intelligence is truly trustworthy--for more reasons than one."

The corporal appeared puzzled. "More reasons than one, sir?"

Leon nodded, gazing idley at the map. "It has to do with the facility we set up a few years ago out in the Atlas mountain range. There's no doubt that they are going to attack and destroy it along the way. It appears as a foward mobile suit outpost, but really, it's..."

The commander paused and his eyes darted back up at the Corporal.

"Ah... forget what I just said. It's classified and whatnot."

"Oh. Yes, sir," The coroporal said with a quick nod.

Leon focused his attention back on the map. "The Atlas mountains woud have been the best place to launch my attack. The Kamaitachi would be able to catch them, but... the Thanatos will not be in position in time. So..." his index finger drifted along the Osprey's projected flight pattern, "We will simply have to strike once they are deeper into the Sahara. That should be a lot of fun for them. Getting their transport shot down in the middile of the desert."

"In the meantime, we will pursue them aboard the Kamaitachi. It will be better if we can prevent them from destroying our Atlas facility if we can help it. And with that..."

Leon stood from his chair. "It is now time to go. Tell Captain Ryder to prepare the Kamaitachi for take off. As she knows, we will be leaving at 0500, and not a minute later."

An hour later, everything was set. All mobile weapons, inlcuding the Sturmvogel-II and the Cerberus were loaded onto the massive transport. The Kamaitachi roared to life, took to the skies, and set course for the African continent in hot pursuit of the Federation transport.
Thundermuffin wrote:SETSUNA: There is no Tomino in this world.
Zangetsu

Zangetsu stalked the halls lokking for someone, anyone to talk to. "Jeez a grand take off and no one is out injoying the horizion." He said as he watched the sky change, with a dazling show of color.
"Paladin Anderson, Executioner Anderson, Bayonet Anderson, Dust to Dust Anderson, Assassin Anderson, Regenerator Anderson, Killing Judge Anderson"-Millennium Soldiers
Sume Gai

Sume Gai

Gai had gone to sleep early and also managed to get up early. He was currently passing though the area with the mechanic's quarters on the way to the lounge. He turned a corner when he saw Zangetsu.

"Hey, you're up early, not sleep well Zangetsu? You are Zangetsu right?"

just as he finished his question a very familiar song came from a corridor to his left. Gai couldn't stop himself from saying aloud

"You've got to be kidding me."
Last edited by Sume Gai on Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"If You are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve" -Captain Harlock

"I like the SAGA. Its what Rambo would pilot if he was in Gundam 00" -Kylern
Terrace

Terrace also woke up early and wanted to see what he could scrounge for breakfast. However, he didn't know where the galley was.

It is called a galley, right? he thought to himself.

"You are Zangetsu right?"

Terrace stopped as he heard Sume Gai talking to that Zangetsu guy he could've sworn he'd met before, as weird music started playing. He vaguely recalled a conversation about the Fandom having the Epyon...

Terrace poked his head in.

"Hey, guys, either of you know where I can get some food?"
Heavyarms is the best walking weapons pile of all the Gundams!

Click Here!
Zangetsu

Zangetsu turned to Gai. "I love the sky in the morning. It's very colorful and somewhat mystic." He then turned to the newly arived Terance. "Try the cafiteria, or the snack machine at the end of the hall."
"Paladin Anderson, Executioner Anderson, Bayonet Anderson, Dust to Dust Anderson, Assassin Anderson, Regenerator Anderson, Killing Judge Anderson"-Millennium Soldiers
Sume Gai

Sume Gai and Tallis Stenner

"Terrace if they didn't tell you the Cafeteria is up one deck and to your right; though it won't be open to pilots for another ... thirty minutes."

turning to Zangetsu who he was now sure was Zangetsu rather than Zaraki; Gai responded.

"yeah the dawns up here are nice, though I slightly prefer Dusk; especially on cloudy days. I was going to look over data from that raid we did yesterday; that unit wingnut and I faced peaked my interest."

a this point the music stopped suddenly. and a few moments later a familiar face came down the corridor the direction of the music, Tallis. She walked straight in the intersection and Greeted the Pilots cheerfully.

"HI GAI! HI TERRACE! HI um-- wait have we met yet?"
"If You are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve" -Captain Harlock

Zangetsu

"It's Zangetsu miss, I think we meet briefly once before. I'm the pilot of the Gundam Sonicscream, and if I remember correctly your the mech fanatic." he said jokingly.
Sume Gai

Sume Gai and Tallis Stenner

"Oh that's right you pilot that Gundam Guarlion kit bash sorry my bad."

Tallis forced herself to connect the mech and pilot (the same way she remembered anyone's name)

Gai decided to go ahead and ask even if it seemed like an odd question.

"Um... Tallis tell me; were you the one that was listening to the theme of Gekiganger 3?"

Tallis responded quickly with a slightly less cheerful voice "yes, I have it set as my alarm and let it play while I get dressed. Why?"

Gai resisted the urge to chuckle and instead said "Just curious; carry on with whatever you're doing."

Zangetsu

"I wonder what everyone else is doing?" said Zangetsu as he turned back to the clouds. "Do we really die? Have we lost teamates or have they only returned home?" he said almost in a whisper.
Terrace

"Terrace if they didn't tell you the Cafeteria is up one deck and to your right; though it won't be open to pilots for another ... thirty minutes."

"Well crap."

Terrace decided to pass the time by simply sitting in the lounge and shooting the breeze with the other pilots. He sat through the short conversation that followed.

Ahh, so that's where the odd music came from. She was the head mechanic for my team. Silly of me to forget that habit of hers.

"Tallis, the clogged valves on my way to link up with the other Gundam pilots have been bugging me. I know you pride yourself on keeping our suits in tip-top condition, so I wonder if it was sabotage."

Click Here!
Sume Gai

Tallis Stenner and Sume Gai

Tallis turned and answered "you got it. he wasn't very good and we aren't sure what his intent was but we caught him and gave the mechs another once over easily enough."

Gai had sat down and was looking over the PDA that he had uploaded the battle data from yesterday to. Without looking up he asked casually.

"So Terrace.. I was wondering were you born here or brought here?"

Terrace

Terrace looked at him.

"I was brought here from another dimension. Why do you ask?"

Click Here!
Zangetsu

"So you're another one of us. You are very similar to the previous Terance, right down to your choice of mechs." said Zangetsu as he turned away from the window.
Sume Gai

Sume Gai

"well it seems that a lot of the Gundam team came from another dimension. Wingnut, Zangetsu, Hellbore, Strike, and myself all come from the same dimension." turning to face Terrace and ignoring the active PDA Gai continued

"You had a 'double' in our dimension and according to the files he was KIA before me or you joined up. I wonder if it's mere coincidence you were brought here from your own dimension. This may seem like a change of topic but does 'Mechatalk' mean anything to you?"

Tallis Stenner

Tallis had quietly excused herself and left during Gai's explanation because she had to start working soon and it seemed like the conversation was going places where she didn't need to be.

Terrace

"Mechatalk? Yeah, I remember that. It's a message board devoted to Mecha anime fans from my Earth."

Terrace then thought about Sume Gai's words about a double.

"I had a double? I know they mentioned that there was a problem when I was brought over, but creating a doppleganger..."

"What are they up to?"

Click Here!
Zangetsu

"Gai you are missing some pilots from your list. Zabo our former leader, Folken pilot of the Dynames, Roberto pilot of the Spartan, Mike the traitor, and Lowind from Fandom." said Zangetsu with a somewhat depressed look on his face. "Yeah, your copy piloted the Gundam Heavyarms Custom and was killed in action on the moon by a enemy who had salvaged our Dynames. Fortunatly he took the enmy suit with him."
Sume Gai

Sume Gai

"My list was never meant to be comprehensive, merely examples of people he might know. That's not really the point though, what I find truly interesting is that the one thing that links those of us from our dimension is Mechatalk. Also it seems this Terrace is connected to 'a' Mechatalk as well."

Zangetsu

"Yes us and our enemies are from Mechatalk. Hopefully not many more will be caught up in this war." Zangetsu walked over to Gai and looked at the battle footage. "So anything out of place in our last battle?"
Sume Gai

Sume Gai

"well nothing big yet..." Gai paused at a shot of the Bio Gundam. "this unit was new to the battlefield and there are a few things I found odd about it, although nothing definitely off . For one thing it didn't use any beam weapons which is odd for a Gundam but not unheard of. Secondly, I can't seem to figure out where it's cockpit is but based on how it, or rather he, responded when I spoke to him it can't be an AI."