TARRRPG Chapter 4: African Assault

Where old RPGs go when they die and move on to the afterlife.
Lowind

"Hahahahaha. Haha." Lowind was laughing uncontrollably at how the situation had became. Ironically, he felt his tension fade as the battlefield spiraled wildly out of control. But first he had to deal with the Freedom trying to shoot at everyone.

"GN-Field, maximum power." The Epyon charged head first, sword in front as usual in the Freedom's direction, hoping to take the brunt of the stream of beams before they spread too far apart. The techs had claimed that his particular GN-Field could resist anything short of a Buster Rifle. Time to put that to the test.

"Rgh. Ugh." Lowind groaned as the field took hit after hit. But the GN-Field held. The many explosions left the unit covered in smoke.

When the smoke cleared, the Epyon found himself right in front of the Freedom. "Hello. Nice to meet you." Lowind closed the overheating field and stabbed the sword forward.

(Took the center plasma cannon and railguns head on. GN-Field overheating and shut down.)
Cybaster

-Kirie and Masamune-

After blocking a scything blow overhead, Kirie's Musha Gundam suddenly backed off, moving closer towards the Osprey. Against the Ryofu Tallgeese, Kirie had sheathed the Beam Rifle again; It was spinning its Naginata around confusingly. Masamune grinned. Was Kirie retreating? Suddenly encouraged, and eyeing no other immediate threats, Masamune hovered the Ryofu Tallgeese for a second and then pushed down with a loud roar of the binders, the armored fighter swinging the Hajingeki with it pointed at Kirie.

It was nearly too late when Masamune finally noticed the Hi-MAT Attack from the Freedom.

"Damnit!" Masamune hurriedly pulled the Ryofu Tallgeese back and up, ending up moving horizontally back with a jerk that sent Masamune hurling forward into his harnesses --- right into the path of two of the beam cannon blasts. Masamune swung the Hajingeki defensively in a whirl, blocking the higher beam with a violent flash; the other, however, blew the Ryofu Tallgeese's right leg off at the knee, causing the entire unit to shudder.

Masamune turned the Ryofu Tallgeese around in a 180 only to find Kirie had renewed his assault again. Masamune sneered. "Not feeling so cocky anymore, are you, Masamune?" Kirie smirked; the Musha Gundam was flying at the Ryofu Tallgeese's right flank, Naginata brandished, and Masamune pushed the Ryofu Tallgeese forward to meet his rival again.

The hilts of both weapons collided with each other --- and Kirie was the faster with the follow-through. Masamune jarred in his seat as the Musha Gundam swirled left and landed a roundhouse kick on the Ryofu Tallgeese's lower torso, sending the unit flying backwards, and this gave Kirie the next move as well --- the left hand of the Musha Gundam finally drew the Katana at its waist and, backhand, slashed it out at Masamune, making a small gash on the exposed right waist.

"Imbecile!!!"

Kirie wasn't expecting Masamune to meet him pound-for-pound this time. Instead of moving away to recover, Masamune forcefully pushed forward with a cry, and Kirie did not see it coming. The Musha could only be knocked back as Masamune speared the hilt end of the Hajingeki into the Musha Gundam's chest, followed by a sharp kick with the remaining leg onto the Musha's left upper arm, smashing the works and causing the deformed arm to drop its Katana onto the flight deck of the Osprey, where it stabbed downwards and stood.

The third blow was made at the same time, a simultaneous lancing motion of the Naginata and Hajingeki at each other.

"Masamune!"

"Begone, Yukimura!!!"

The same time the Naginata blade carved through the Ryofu Tallgeese's right shoulder joint and took the entire arm off, the Hajingeki's spear end cut into the Musha Gundam's upper left shoulder-torso --- and slid upwards in a slash, taking off half of the left V-fin. In its wake, both moved hurriedly away from each other, the wounds sparking; Kirie towards the Osprey, Masamune upwards at the Kamaitachi. Masamune's pride overrode him, and with a loud yell he turned the Ryofu Tallgeese around all of a sudden, making a wide, arcing slash at two of the Jegans behind him.

Kirie's Musha Gundam landed some ways on the Osprey's exterior into a kneeling position, forcing itself to stand. Kirie panted. It was more painful than last time.

"You've gotten better, Masamune..." Kirie muttered wistfully. "Which means I've better started shaping up, too."

-Black Mage-

"Oh, don't you interfere!" Black Mage quipped at the Cerberus behind the L-Gaim, and continued hovering, dodging both Jacob's shots as well as Leon's. As Black Mage spun and danced, one of the Cerberus' beams lanced on the binder shield, and the other on its right shoulder armor; However, unlike Leon's solid-round attacks, the Cerberus' beams don't seem to be doing as much damage as they should, most of the actual damage on the L-Gaim attenuated by its Beam Coating and causing only light scorch marks on the white armor.

Then the L-Gaim reacted. Its rear shoulder thrusters suddenly protruded out its back, as did its shoulder armor; In a burst of blue light, the thrusters lit up, lifting the L-Gaim off the ground and into a hover 10-20ft above the sand. Black Mage's eyes narrowed and turned the L-Gaim around; As it backed off, the Heavy Metal was now facing both Leon and Jacob, and Black Mage began alternating controlled rounds of beam fire from its Power and Hand Launchers at both combatants, the jet wash kicking up clouds of sand from below where the L-Gaim went.

-Emily-

Emily nodded when Wingnut made his orders heard and began looking for another target...when she spotted the Cerberus again attacking the L-Gaim with the Sturmvogel.

It survived the Knife Eye Attack.

Only 40% disappointed but 60% excited that it survived the barrage, Emily wheeled the Unicorn around and charged at the Cerberus. Promptly. Beginning off with the Beam Gatling, Emily swerved and spun, the Unicorn bouncing left and above in erratic strides.

"Hey, I remember you!" Emily cheered, the Beam Gatling blazing and raining repeated beam fire down on the Cerberus while keeping out of the pilot's perception range as much as possible by keeping above it. Seeing Emily take on the Cerberus, Black Mage had seemingly gone back to focusing his enmity solely on Leon. "You survived my attack earlier! That was so cool, wasn't it? I needed to boost the DC of the Reflex Save somehow, don't I, though?"
Don't throw the baton, you jacka**!!!
hellbore

-Hellbore-

Hellbore couldn't believe that the Epyon had tanked most of his firepower. He made a duck to the left to dodge the black suits stab, and fell back. He flew around the Epyon in a wide arc hoping to keep the distance between them, as the Freedom is no melee fighter.

He took aim with both beam rifles and sent a hail of shots towards the enemy suit to drive it back. Hopefully disengaged, he made his way towards the thick of the reinforcements dodging the return fire. He took shots here and there, taking out a few of the BABI's. He making his way to the rear of the formation he once again released his Full Burst mode at the enemy.

-Jacob-

First, his railgun seemed to have no effect on the white Heavy Metal. Second, it could now fly. Third, he was targeted by the white Mobile Suit from before. It was not Jacob's day.

He dodged wildly both the beams from the L-Gaim and the Unicorn as it's pilot, who sounded like a young girl, strangely enough, nattered on about reflex saves and DC or something. Feinting a left, he made a right and brought the Unicorn into his sights. He fired his railgun and loosed his machine gun pods to pour firepower into the annoying white suit.
Sume Gai

Wan Fey Lo

with the Bio and the specialized Zaku's gone the scientists had seen fit to focus on examining the Guren and building the Gekkas. Wan had also proposed to Ross that they could try to create a larger version of the revolving blade sword; Ross hadn't responded to that proposition yet.

Wan had one more idea but for now he held it in. 'I mustn't give up all my cards yet'
"If You are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve" -Captain Harlock

"I like the SAGA. Its what Rambo would pilot if he was in Gundam 00" -Kylern
The Big Zabowski

Mike

"Kayla! Tell your men to stand down and surround them! We outnumber them and they've already offered to listen to the proposition!"

Mike looked about as the fight over the Osprey had turned into a free for all. Jegans, Babi's, and GN-X units flitted to and fro as they fired shot after shot at one another, in an attempt to turn the tide in each other's favor. Mike could only grind his teeth in an unhealthy habit and set his jaw as he watched the fight go from bad, to worse.

"Son of a b***h~.."

Mike looked up as an alarm from KITAI blared in his helmet.

"Leon! He has company!"

"Like I should care, Kitty.."

"It's a heavy metal! L-Gaim!"

"I know! Christ I have eyes, don'tcha know!?"

"The Cerberus is backing him up; but they have Gundam Company! We should assist!"

"Kitty I have a better idea.."

"Wha..?"

Mike didn't say another word as he launched toward Leon, the L-Gaim, and the Cerberus in MA mode, weapons hot as he closed on the melee. With his set jaw sending pounding pressure waves into his skull (that he sadistically enjoyed..), he laid his targeting reticule on the L-Gaim..but wth a moment to spare aimed high and into the Sturmvogel II. It was his hope to create an opening and distraction not for Leon, but the L-Gaim. But at the same time to make it look as if he was covering the Fandom TF leader.

"Here goes.."

"Mike WAIT! Leon is too close-"

The Beam rifle let loose a volley of a half dozen GN beams into the Sturmvogel II's direction.
TRANS AM!
Yes, it's a V8.
Yes, it was a Trans Am before there was "TRANS AM."
Yes, it's mine. 8)
Kylern

-African battlefield-

The battlefield turned into chaos as the team belonging to Captain Ryder started to pull back on there own. The surviving Zaku's and GN-X from the Kamaitachi pulled in close to her Astrea.

Then several beams range out as another machine came in hot after her. The Astrea felt the first beam collide with her GN barrier and push her back but the other two pierced the makeshift shield with one burning into her shield and the other taking a chunk of the shoulder out as well as one of the shoulder fin looking things.

The machine shook and Kayla found herself taken by surprise for the first time this battle. The GN double launcher was hanging behind her unit and she braced herself for the next assault by the Zeta looking unit. Beside her two GN-Xs took flank and fired their beam rifles in rapid succession to intercept the waverider's flight path while Kayla readied her GN sword to cut it down if it got to close.

She had heard Mike's request but that was sort of impossible with the enemy continuing to assault them. "I want all Fandom units under my command to draw back and create a wall of fire to force them to stop. Leon get your units to stop the flight of that transport so we can hold them. I want this fighting to end now before more of our units are killed in the confusion!" She ordered from the top of her lungs as the Zaku Gunners aimed their long range cannons in front of the Osprey and fired a warning shot across their bow to tell them to stop.
When the books are written will we be on the right side of history?
Totally Awesome Random Robot RPG
Wingnut

- Wingnut -

The attacking Gundam was quick to draw friends as the GN blasts forced Wingnut to quickly bank away.

He was too late to stop a pair of ZAKU Gunners from firing at the Osprey, but to Wingnut's surprise they were only shots across the bow.

So this one's in on the cease fire too. Good.

Transforming to MS mode Wingnut approached the Fandom Gundam. As he got closer he removed the e-pack from his beam machine gun in clear view of the suits in front of him as a sign that he was not interested in fighting any further.

Shooting out a wire he initiated a contact link with the Astrea.

"This is Wingnut, commander of the Osprey mobile suit forces. We are in agreement to a cease fire while Mr. Zaboski informs us of whatever it is he needs to. The terms are that your forces will withdraw from this area and not get within a 100km radius of the Osprey, while it will continue in flight at minimum speed.
You yourself are welcome to accompany Mr. Zaboski aboard if you like. I will now instruct the Osprey and the rest of our forces to slow and cease fire now."

Disconnecting the link from the Astrea, Wingnut flew backwards toward the Osprey and relayed the situation to the bridge.

"This could still get ugly." was Ryker's response.

"I know, but I think that what he has to say is worth hearing. There seems to be more going on up top than we have been made aware of."

"All right then."

The Osprey then began to slow as much as she could and still stay in the air while issueing a return order for her mobile suit forces.

- Osprey hanger -

"How's it coming with that cockpit?" asked one of the technicians.

"We should have it open in a few minutes." replied the worker with the torch currently being used to open the battle sealed cockpit of the CGUE DEEP Arms.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
Terrace

"Order acknowledged. Returning to Osprey."

Terrace groaned. In their second time in battle, Terrace's team had taken their first casualty. While he privately questioned the return order, he knew he had to follow orders. He signaled his remaining squad members and headed back to the Osprey.
Heavyarms is the best walking weapons pile of all the Gundams!

Click Here!
Zangetsu

Zangetsu shrigged off the headache he suddenly gooy. "Zaraki, how are we doing?"

'I'm fine.' he replied.

'Well thanks, lets swap out.' Zangetsu thought.

"Okay fine, any who wants some come and get it." said Zaraki.
"Paladin Anderson, Executioner Anderson, Bayonet Anderson, Dust to Dust Anderson, Assassin Anderson, Regenerator Anderson, Killing Judge Anderson"-Millennium Soldiers
Kylern

-DC HQ-

The other pilot addressed him and Jared just sort of grinned slightly. He was finally in the pilot seat of a mech and here they were staring down an unknown unit. His own White Knight was hovering in place on its blue slider mode surfboard type device. It felt like he was piloting something from Eureka 7 even though he knew he wasn't. This was a mech from a video game and with his energy rocket clusters locked on he waited for the enemy to answer them. Quickly his combat AI was analyzing the enemy unit and determining weapons it carried as well as energy levels it was giving off. It seemed to be modeled after Gundam SEED type mobile suits, possible the GAT series. That told him that it probably had phase shift armor. Not that his all beam layout would be bothered to much.

"Get to spilling your guts buddy before we are forced to spill them for you." He said with a cocky you don't have a chance type tone. Jared knew he was probably outmatched her in terms of experience but that didn't stop him from playing the cool good guy.

-Africa-

Kayla listened to the pilots demands and just smiled. This guy seemed to act like they had won this battle... Did he realize that with her orders every beam rifle and weapon would be aimed on the Osprey and she would destroy it with a percise barrage. But she called on Leon again rather worried at the fact he had come under so much fire. She hadn't even realized Mike was also trying to kill who she thought was her friend.

"Leon what do you think? Should we meet with the Gundams or just finish this? Also your missile attack earlier caused death within my team..." She was slightly angry but really more distressed than anything. The idea of him using them bothered her and caused her to be suspicious of why she refused to tell her what sort of weapon he was bringing into the battlefield.
Sume Gai

OOC: 48 hours and it's time to call some hits (I would have waited longer but too much is happening and I know Volnixshin has been here at least once between then and now)

-----------------------
Sume Gai

Gai had intended to lead the Bio into a trap but the results of his two shots made it pointless. The second had been a light hit to the outside of the elbow which was little more than cosmetic damage; his first hit however had ruined the Guul's right engine. The Bio could make a, rather rough, landing with the remaining engine but fighting would be suicide.

Gai let the Jegans and Heavyarms go sending the former to cover the Osprey from the new missiles that were being launched. as Gai reentered the fray the return order was issued. Gai would follow the order but not while there were threats to the Osprey, or more specifically his friends.

Gai considered giving Kirie some cover fire but decided they were fighting a duel; one in which he had no right to interfere. Gai instead chose to guard the hanger entrance and began hovering about fifty feet behind and a little bit below the Osprey VARIS at the ready.
"If You are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve" -Captain Harlock

sephiroth00055

DC HQ-

As he listened to the other pilot mouth off, he thought to himself, No pilot worth half his s**t would speak that way to an unknown pilot. "You must a lot of balls to speak to me like that, not knowing who I am." Then he told Abel to take aim. He lifts the beam rifle and aims it at the cockpit of the other mech. "Lets see how good you are." He then fires 3 shots at the wight mech.
Kylern

(I shall take that as your firing at me even though you need to be more specific about things)

-DC HQ-

Jared smiled as the enemy aimed right at him. Now it was time to show them all the power of his White Knight. So with a twist of the controls the Blue Slider did a barrel roll around the three shots and the smaller mech then launched off four high speed energy bolts the arced around the enemy and came in from both sides. They were set not for impact but proximity and before they could reach it they exploded just close enough to create a powerful concussion affect.

His machine then charged in leaving a trail of V Converter particles behind him as he gathered energy into the mechs left hand. A power bomb was created and this one was of the electromagnetic type. With a throw the bomb would go off and would do its job of scrambling the enemies systems if it got within range. This was the set up for him to leap off his blue slider and transform it into its massive beam sword mode. He planned to cut the enemy right in half.
Sume Gai

Alex Bloke
-DC HQ-

/Hostilities confirmed
/Engage at will

Alex dashed to the side as the Unknown fired. He leveled his Boosted Rifle and fire twice. two very accurate shots at the unit's head cameras just as Kylern finished his evasion.

he then followed this by moving backwards to get out of Kylern's line of fire. And drawing a beam Pistol with his free hand

sephiroth00055

Abel quickly detects the incoming shots and avoids them. "Not even close," Sephiroth said then he cathces the white mech's hand. "Ha, EMPs don't work on this suit." While holding the white mechs hand he turns on the beam saber bayonent and stabs towards the mech's cockpit.
Cybaster

-Emily-

"Ah, Spiritual Weapon. The bane of my existence."

Leaning backwards, the Unicorn Gundam managed to avoid the worst of the large blast as it washed in front of her, the I-Field Shield absorbing the tail end of the blast --- just as Emily mentally caught sight of the four Machinegun Pods pursuing the Unicorn. As warning *DING*s rang out in Emily's head (causing the girl to wince with the frequency of it all), Emily instinctively reacted, swerving and dancing around the pod fire, downwards left, then right, then upwards, up right, left flank, up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, B, A, Select...wait, the Unicorn doesn't have the last three buttons, my bad.

Emily rolled the Unicorn forward then and dove right just as two of the pods came at her from the diagonal visual lines and fired --- the Unicorn sidestepped the lower one nimbly, but dodged the upper burst of fire slower than she could, and the shots from that pod quickly impacted against the Beam Gatling Gun's barrel, causing it to explode as Emily hurriedly let go of it. Another burst of fire came dangerously close to the back of the Unicorn Gundam's head just then.

Emily grinned. "Ooh, that just won't do, would it? My Full Attack Action now! I got a 5 and a 13, giving me Attack Rolls of 20 and 28 Ranged Touch..."

Somersaulting backwards and left, gaining altitude, Emily grabbed the Beam Magnum on the Unicorn's back, raised it stylishly for awhile, and pointed it forward; As another gun pod caused Emily's Unicorn to swerve left, Emily turned, firing the Beam Magnum, sending a sweeping blast at two of the Cerberus' Machinegun Pods around her left flank; With a nimble ducking and right dash (which caused a burst of bullets to shear armor off the right leg when Emily wasn't quite fast enough), Emily turned downwards, boosted, and fired a second wide, intense burst of beam fire at the pods there as well.
hellbore

-Hellbore-

Hellbore powered down his weapons and clipped his rifles on the waist armor. He flew over the remains of many of the suits he had shot down, to Wingnut's side and powered up his two forearm mounted beam shields. Just in case.

-Jacob-

The Cerberus shook as two of the pods exploded as the Unicorn's cannon weapon impacted them. As the white suit turned to the right to sweep the other two out of the sky, Jacob saw his chance. He puller a coating sword from the Terminus cannon emitter and powered it up. He sent the blue mech into the sky and slashed at the Unicorn's cannon from the left, in a powerful downward stroke. He followed up with a stab at where the cockpit should be located.
Volnixshin

Bio slightly yelped at the damage but was overall fine, the cloak had absorbed most of the damage. He watched the Lancelot take off back towards the Osprey.
You ever wonder where the Legend began? Watch as the most useless, becomes the most feared in the galaxy

Dark Duel: "I think the lesson to be learned is that so long as you have blue-colored hair, you will kick ass."
Cybaster

-Emily-

Jacob's sudden strike caught Emily off-guard and before she could react, the Terminus sword cut into --- and through --- the Beam Magnum down the middle, forcing Emily to abandon it and slide backwards just as Jacob's second attack came at the Unicorn's cockpit. Just then, Emily had her own Beam Saber drawn...and she was prepared.

"Oh, trying to pull a fast one past the DM?" Emily grinned. "You can't Full Attack after taking a move action, so...my turn! 29AC would've saved me anyway, and..."

Before Jacob's blow could fully connect, Emily suddenly jerked the Unicorn Gundam back forward and punched its I-Field Shield out, catching the Cerberus' arm in mid-blow and jarring it sideways away from the Unicorn Gundam; Then, with its right hand, Emily narrowed her eyes and swung the Beam Saber upwards and then down again in a following blow, riposting towards the Cerberus' own upper torso and head.
The Big Zabowski

((Strike, it's been over 48. I'm calling it))

Mike

"There we go.."

Kitty piped up from her flatlined readout.

"Oh no.."

Leon in his Strumvogel II, distracted by the L-Gaim, apparently never saw the incoming beam shots. The red hot lances pierced the lower torso and engine housings on the legs, causing portions of the legs and torso to now resemble swiss cheese. 4 gaping holes penetrated the legs and abdomen area as two more blew both arms off at the upper arm area.

Fandom pilots would look on in awe at what just transpired..

"This is Captain Michael Radachi of Fandom. I have eliminated the Fandom instigator that has hampered these talks. I now request that all Fandom forces follow Lady Kayla's orders and cease fire. Pull back to the requested distance of 100 KM and keep weapons trained. I will deal with the Gundam team.."
TRANS AM!
Yes, it's a V8.
Yes, it was a Trans Am before there was "TRANS AM."
Yes, it's mine. 8)