TARRRPG Chapter 4: African Assault

Where old RPGs go when they die and move on to the afterlife.
Kylern

-Kamaitachi-

Kayla was slightly shocked as Leon usurped her orders to say they were going to make the first attack. First off they hadn't made it to the battlefield yet and second she didn't have much confidence that two units would do much in the beginning.

"Well I think we need to wait a little so this ship can at least get within range... I don't want to rush out there without knowing reinforcements will be in minutes range." She offered as the ship climbed into the atmosphere and headed for the last known coordinates of an air unit in Africa.

"Mame we have gotten a few more weapons for your Astrea when you are ready to sortie. Basically your GN rifle and Proto-GN sword have been combined to for a GN Sword/rifle. Also your GN launcher has been upgraded to a GN double launcher for some extra firepower for taking that ship down as well as slagging any unit that dared get in its way." Tje person next to her said as they got word from the hangar of their progress with the mechs. Kayla gave a bit of a sigh and started to get up.

"Alright in 15minutes I wants all weapons loaded on my units as well as Leon's. We will launch and make a headway into the enemy Gundam force. I want all other forces on this ship to launch when my order is given." Her orders were followed by a yes Mame and she turned to Leon.

"Sounds like we need to prepare for the worst. I hope your ride is as powerful as they say." Her hair tossed back and she walked ahead of him with a grin. Then she was out the door.

-DC HQ-

The man looked at the newcommer with a bit of a grin. "Kid seems like your the first successful person we have transported here. Feel honored and know that you will be fighting for the better good out there."

Kylern rolled his eyes a bit. "Spare me the soft speech cause I know the drill. But if I agree to help you I want to know that all those here from my world have to be sent back safe and sound once this war is over with. Its not fair for us to be used to fight something we never started." His voice was kind of loud but not angry, just concerned. After following the story for this long he couldn't help but feel sympathy for everyone that didn't belong here. He was also concerned with running into Kyle and Kayla here too... They were his creations and he didn't want anything to happen to them.

"If they come to us for help we will give it. I need you to familarize yourself with that machine you brought with you. Another individual is schedualed to be brought over too. I want you to fill him in on things." Commander whatever his name basically wanted Kylern to welcome the next poor smuck that came out of that machine and make sure he knew that there was a pretty bloody war going on out there.

"No problem sir. I just hope you aren't going to use us like the Federation and Fandom have been using their pawns from my world." With that he turned around and left. His southern accent was strong there and he couldn't help it. When he was rather upset he fell into that drawl again. But with all that completed he turned towards the hangar area where his new machine was sitting. And stunned he was to see the VF-707 Typea3 sitting there waiting for him. It was the same machine from the games too... And he was piloting the powerful White Knight Virtualoid. Despite the fact he had NO realworld mecha experience the thought of getting in it was eating at him.
When the books are written will we be on the right side of history?
Totally Awesome Random Robot RPG
Wingnut

- Aidoneus Island -

Bian was monitoring the first two people that had been brought through the portal. Both seemed in good health given what they just went through, which was good considering the intel reports on how early Federation efforts had difficulty bringing both pilot and machine through at the same time.

The first was human, brought over from the same dimension as most of the Gundam pilots. The other was from one that the DC couldn't immediately identify, however he appeared to be a cyborg of some kind.

While the one known as "Kylern" seemed to understand the situation surprisingly well, and the other was now asking where he was.

"Welcome, my name is Bian Zoldark. You appear to be in good shape, although you are quite far from where you were. Another dimension in fact. Do not be alarmed by this, as you are here to help stop a terrible war."
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
Strike Zero

- Kamaitachi -

"Sounds like we need to prepare for the worst. I hope your ride is as powerful as they say," Kayla said with a grin as she strod past Leon.

Leon returned the grin and fell in step behind her. It was good to see her enthusiastic fire. If there was anybody who could pull off this operation besides him, it was this woman here.

The question was, would their skills be enough? There was only one way to find out.
Thundermuffin wrote:SETSUNA: There is no Tomino in this world.
Sume Gai

Alex Bloke

Bian's response would have surprised Alex if not for the effects of the 10 series drug therapy. Taking the new information into account Alex changed his internal systems so that rather than looking for the dedicated nodes from his dimension they would attempt to connect to any wireless system. Thankfully it turned out he was able to connect and was compatible with this world's computers. He spent about a minute looking through the data he could and learned quite a lot.

After he had a grasp on the situation Alex turned to the man who had addressed him, Bian Zoldark, and replied. "situation understood; I will place myself under your command for the time being. Do you have a machine you wish me to use?"
"If You are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve" -Captain Harlock

"I like the SAGA. Its what Rambo would pilot if he was in Gundam 00" -Kylern
Wingnut

- Bian Zoldark -

"We do. In addition to yourself, we recovered a unit that seems to have been made for a cyborg such as yourself to make the most efficient use of.

If you are feeling up to it, we can show it to you now."
The Gundam wiki

R.I.P., SDGO.
Sume Gai

Alex Bloke

"no irregularities have been detected in my functions, I am fine."

With this Alex stood; although his body could make perfectly human movements Alex's were stiff and mechanical.

"if you have no objections, I wish to determine if it is my unit. I addition I'd imagine you wish for data on myself and the unit; that information is contained within it's protected mainframe."
"If You are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve" -Captain Harlock

The Big Zabowski

(No, it wasn't transforming, but I guess I'll play that game. Also, note that this Bawoo is of the Meaningless War family, so it rivals the systems of the Zeta Plus units as well as the original Zeta and was introduced around 0091. You'd still have the advantage, but only what it has over the Zeta.)

Phyllis and Ohrang

"Aw crap-"

*KER-SMASH..BFWOOMP!*

Ohrang's CGUE was caught fully by surprise at the shot, and at the range he was at, even the adhesive pellets proved severely dangerous. It was like a point blank shotgun blast to his suit as limbs, armor plates, and cables were torn from the suit in a shower of fuel, sparks, and smoke. What was left of the CGUE fell away, a shell of it's former self and spiraled toward the water below.

Phyllis meanwhile hardly noticed Ohrang's demise as she too became incapacitated at the hands of the Gundam team. Her remaining cannon was hacked in half by the Musha's polearms and her legs fell away in a shower of sparks. The now legless, armless, and completely defenseless CGUE DEEP continued to duck and weave as best it could, but the hacking and slashing of Kirie's attacks proved too much and soon her suit began blaring warning alarms all over the place. Even as she punched buttons to shut off one alarm, another went off. She gritted her teeth as she finally got some distance from the Musha and opened a communication.

"No, I don't. I will say, though, that you're a worthy opponent. But, I'm afraid that I can't let something like you make it to Suez alive. DIE!"

As Phyllis attempted to ram the Musha, sparks showered inside her cockpit as system after system soon failed around her. The last thing to fail was her Tau drive as she finally, albeit slowly drifted into the Musha as if she were falling into it's clutches like a weakened damsel.

"No..NO! NO! NO! C'mon you piece of crap GO! NOO!"

Phyllis could only scream in manic angst as she pounded her fists into the now dead console of the CGUE..

----
Mike

Mike twisted into his MS form whilst the GN Whysp drive erected a GN field around the suit. A Yellow Green shimmering sphere formed around the suit as the beams bounced harmlessly off of the barrier and the Bawoo K finished it's transformation sequence. KITAI pipped up as the Bawoo locked in and drew it's GN Beam Rifle.

"Mike! All systems Gooo!~"

"Thank you Kitty, but not now...!"

Mike fired off a pair of blasts of his own as he began to circle around the newly transformed ReGZ Custom.

"Well I'll be damned. Someone got Amuro in on the fight. Or did they pull F**king Ribbons from 00? Either way this is going to be fun.."
TRANS AM!
Yes, it's a V8.
Yes, it was a Trans Am before there was "TRANS AM."
Yes, it's mine. 8)
Wingnut

Bian was impressed. Whoever had built this person, had done an equally good job in programming it.

"By all means. This way." Bian said indicating the hallway down to the hanger."

- Wingnut -

Wingnut was halfway expecting the Bawoo to avoid his attack in some way, but the manner in which it did was something he did not conceive of.
Well that could get annoying real quick. Damn, I really should have watched 00 when I had the chance.

Wingnut drew one of the beam sabers with the left hand, but did not ignite it, as the shield took both beam shots. Knowing that it would fail if he took many more he had to try and finish this quickly. Thrusting forward he fired the beam machine gun again as he closed the distance to try and cut the black machine from the sky.
The Gundam wiki

R.I.P., SDGO.
Sume Gai

Alex Bloke

"very well. I will need a terminal as relaying all of the data visually or verbally will be rather difficult."

with that Alex followed as he was lead to the hanger, even though he had picked up a map of the base during his earlier interaction. As they entered he recognized his suit and made his way to it. It seemed that the mechanics had already connected a terminal to the machine and were (unsuccessfully) to retrieve the data.

"Please let me though"

The mechanics seeing Bian with him complied. Alex entered the cockpit and sat in the seat before a small plug pierced his neck and began exchanging data with his mind. a few moments later a large amount of data was uploaded in the computer that had been connected.

"all information on the CX series and this machine have been uploaded. Browse it at your leisure."

Cybaster

-Kirie-

"Oh, no."

Kirie could only stare in horror as the completely incapacitated CGUE came back around for a final attack...and then lost all power midway, slowly falling. Without thinking, Kirie brought the Musha Gundam downwards into a dive, getting ahead of the falling CGUE momentarily; Once the Musha Gundam was of a sufficient distance to catch the CGUE's remaining torso, it suddenly spun left and upwards as the left arm stabbed backwards --- causing the Cross-Spear's hilt to slam into the Osprey's outer flight deck, and the Musha Gundam to, more importantly, spin up, its legs swinging precisely at the downed CGUE...

And catching it between both legs, the momentum of the Musha Gundam's acrobatic spin carrying the CGUE away from the air and back onto the Osprey. Once the Musha Gundam had spun back inwards, Kirie sighed and let go, gently dropping the CGUE's remaining torso back near the tip of the outer flight deck. (If Phyllis could still self-destruct it, Kirie wouldn't be wanting to bring it right into the Osprey's hanger, anyway.)

The Musha Gundam then pushed down with its left arm, propelling itself up, somersaulting right side-up, and landing on its knees next to the CGUE. Kirie relaxed, sighing in relief and wiping his forehead. "Osprey, this is the Musha Gundam. I've managed to subdue one of the CGUEs and placed it on the outer flight deck with the pilot still intact. I don't know if she could still self-destruct it, so be careful when taking her in."

Still dual-wielding both polearms, Kirie then pushed back up, and the Musha Gundam took off the Osprey again to look for other targets.

-Emily-

"Wow." Emily blinked at the CGUE that Kirie just dumped outside the flight deck, and whistled. "Does that mean we all get Bonus XP for that?"
Don't throw the baton, you jacka**!!!
The Big Zabowski

Phyllis

"No power. Ha.. There's no power. He..ha ha. THERE'S NO POWER! NO!? COME ON WAKE UP YOU GOD FORSAKEN PIECE OF CRAP! WAKE UP!"

*THUD!*

"WAKE UP! Oh god..I'M GONNA DIE!? Noo..."

Phyllis clenched her eyes shut and waited for the inevitable crash into the water that would smash her mobile suit into a million pieces, but it never came. Instead another thud and a scraping noise was what she heard next. Inside the dimly lit cockpit, she opened her eyes just a peek, and then fully and found that her suit was in once piece..and no longer falling.

"Wha..? What the..?"

She attempted to access the hatch eject button, but found that all power was more or less dead. Even the explosive bolts didn't work. She'd have to be cut out of the suit. But the fear of the unknown soon began to grind on her once more, and she began to shake uncontrollably..

"What's happening..please someone tell me what's happening? Where did I go wrong..?"

It was then that she broke down, and began to cry..

-----

Mike

"Very good, buddy."

Mike ducked and weaved as his barrier caught the beam fire from the ReGZ. He kicked the drive into high gear and 'fell' low under the advancing mobile suit, firing another three shots from his GN beam rifle at the suit as it flew over him.

"I take it you're a new member to the Gundam team, Zeta Pilot."

Lowering the beam barrier, he drew his own GN beam saber and waited for the Zeta to come back around...
TRANS AM!
Yes, it's a V8.
Yes, it's mine. 8)
hellbore

-Hellbore-

Disappointed that his shots failed to hit at all, Hellbore watched as Wingnut's fire damaged one of the CGUEs. How surprised was he when the damaged suit turned and charged right at him firing blood red beams from its cannons.

He took the shots on his beam shield, each one dispersing harmlessly. As the CGUE closed he quickly ducked underneath the suit drew a beam saber and used every ounce of thrust to power the Freedom upward to cut the DEEP in two.

-Kamaitachi-

The next announcement came, surprisingly from Leon. Finding out they would not be launching Sara visibly relaxed. Jacob turned around and said, "This is good for you, huh. I know you hate this, but we have no choice."

"I know that, Jacob," she replied, "but I'm no soldier, like you."

Jacob expression darkened, "I'm no soldier, not anymore."

Suddenly, Jacobs eyes widened in pain. Grunting he doubled over in his pilot chair. He groped around in his jacket and pulled out a jar of pills. he dry swallowed more than a few, all at once.

"Jacob," Sara yelled, "are you alright!"

"Yeah," he managed weakly, "It's my old injury. It's fine now."

His tone was sharp, ending the conversation. Sara watched him worriedly, as he fiddled with the preflight settings and controls.
Terrace

Terrace and his team were carefully watching the battle for any stragglers who got through the defensive web around the Osprey, when one of the GM Heavyarms pilots suddenly broke off and charged for the Bawoo. Terrace blanched as he saw Nester head to almost certain doom.

"Nester, what are you doing!? Get back here!"

"No can do, sir, I'm takin' this thing out."

"You're going to get yourself killed!"

"Fine with me."

Those simple words stunned Terrace sufficently that he simply sat and watched one of his men go off to his death.

(OOC: TBZ, one of my NPCs is coming for you.)
Heavyarms is the best walking weapons pile of all the Gundams!

Click Here!
Kylern

-Kamaitachi-

Kayla found her flight uniform and after dressing in total blue she found her white with blue accent gundam waiting for her. Climbing up inside she found all the new weapons added and realized her new GN sword/rifle could be used as a second shield. This made her feel better about her chances of survival. The massive GN double launcher was attached to her unit and the GN drive fired up surrounding her in that beautiful angelic light.

"Hey Leon I'll prove in this battle why I'm the Goddess of Justice. Kayla Ryder moving out!" With that her unit launched from the ship she called home. While she wasn't as fast as Leon and his VF she was going to kick it into high gear to keep up. Now it was time to engage the enemy Gundams for the second time.

-DC HQ-

Jared found his unit to be exactly what he needed. While it wasn't a prolific gundam he had always dreamed of, or a Macross variable fighter he itched to fly this was a beauty. The massive launcher/sword was definatly the knight's sword for slaying his foes.

"So how do you like my body? I came over with you in order to bring this war to an end. With my strength nothing will stand in your way." The small terminal on his arm typed out as Jared smiled. His hand pressed against the leg armor as the V-converter on its back opened up and the disk started to spin. Light engulfed him and the next thing he knew was he was sitting in a rather cramped cockpit geared up. His hands were inside two holes he found were used to manipulate the control. His feet were also one what appeared to be leg manipulators. On his head was a VR set that linked him with the sensors on the unit and allowed him to see everything it did. He found be looking at objects just right he could select them and lock onto them as well as have the computer give him details about them.

"This is so awesome." He squeeled like a school kid who got a new expensive toy.

"I am designed for maximum efficency with even the most novice pilots. With me as your sword no enemy shall stand against us. Not even your alter images in this dimension." This forced him to think about Kyle and Kayla now. Both of them were headed for trouble and he felt a desire to save them from the pain that would probably follow. He wasn't a newtype like they were but he felt a connection with them especially Kyle who was essecially his clone here.
When the books are written will we be on the right side of history?
Totally Awesome Random Robot RPG
Volnixshin

Bio weaved around outside the perimeter, until he saw something familier.

"Ahh, the Lancelot!" Bio smilied to himself and boosted towards the infantile machine..
You ever wonder where the Legend began? Watch as the most useless, becomes the most feared in the galaxy

Dark Duel: "I think the lesson to be learned is that so long as you have blue-colored hair, you will kick ass."
The Big Zabowski

Mike

"Incomming on our six, Mike!"

"I see 'em.."

Mike looked skyward as one of the GM Heavyarms of the Osprey barreled down toward the Bawoo from behind, the black suit hovering slightly and flitting about to dodge what was fired in his direction. With a frown, Mike brought his saber to bear and whipped it around behind him.

"Not today buddy. Not today.."

As the saber lanced toward the incoming GM, Mike erected the barrier once more. Using KITAI to lock on to the suit from the rear, Mike thrust backward into the incoming suit as he shoved the ignited GN saber toward the suit's gut.

"Christ, we're getting hammered here. Dylan, are you alright?"

-----

Dylan

As Dylan moved in on the Strike Freedom, he could tell that this was going to be it. He was all in, and it looked like he wasn't going to win after all. It was a pity though. He'd hoped that at least he'd be able to take down a Gundam, and beat that puke Leon to the punch. But it would be for naught as the last of his shots impacted the beam shield on the Strike Freedom, the GN particles now melting and ripping into the emmiter itself and would soon render the shield useless.

But that didn't matter, as Hellbore finally found his mark and cleaved the suit in two at the midstection. The CGUE fell apart, it's cannons and legs falling away from the core of the suit as the Tau Drive continued to provide power for the suit. But only for an instant. The drive finally sputtered and died, the suit spiraling down in a flat-spin as it became enveloped in fire and smoke. Inside the cockpit, Dylan, bleeding and maimed fatally, watched from what remaining screens he had at the Bawoo K as it fended off the ReGZ, and a GM Heavyarms.

"Mike, you had better be right about these guys. I don't want this to end up being all for nothing. You fat b*****d.."

The CGUE finally impacted the water and blew apart in a flurry of red GN particles and brilliant red and orange flames.

Mike could only watch from his peripheral as Dylan met his fate.

"Dylan..you son of a b***h! Damn!"
TRANS AM!
Yes, it's a V8.
Yes, it's mine. 8)
Zangetsu

Zangetsu watched the exchanges below him. "Hmm, each of them are fighting eraticly. The only one of interest is that Bawoo, it's interesting." He saw Strike and Stellar fly up next to him. "Hey guys we'll stay back to counter any new enemy forces."
"Paladin Anderson, Executioner Anderson, Bayonet Anderson, Dust to Dust Anderson, Assassin Anderson, Regenerator Anderson, Killing Judge Anderson"-Millennium Soldiers
Sume Gai

Sume Gai

Gai saw the Bio coming easily; the early morning sun making it a clear target. Gai didn't open fire but rather opened a line to the bridge.

"bridge I need some help, get two of the GM heavyarms and two Jegans to the following coordinates..." Gai rattled off four numbers that formed a very large diamond in the sky that would be out of Bios view for the moment.

with that, hopefully, done Gai turned towards the Bio and fired his VARIS at the Guul the "Goblin" was riding. He then turned on the loud speaker and said "Hello Goblin, up for a game of tag?"

Volnixshin

"Heck yeah! I missed you!" Bio saw the shots coming and pumped his leg downwards, sending the Guul downwards and him upwards, allowing the shots to pass right between the two. Bio landed on the Guul sideways, and fired off a few rounds of his shotgun

"So, guess who's gonna be joing the party!"
You ever wonder where the Legend began? Watch as the most useless, becomes the most feared in the galaxy

Dark Duel: "I think the lesson to be learned is that so long as you have blue-colored hair, you will kick ass."
Strike Zero

- Strike -

"Hey guys, we'll stay back to counter any new enemy forces," Zangetsu said.

"Agreed," Strike said. "That Bawoo has me a little worried, but I think Wingnut can take him. We'll back him up if necessary."

- Kamaitachi -

Leon watched as the Gundam Astrea, complete with new armaments rocketed out of the hanger bay. The engines of his variable fighter whined, then roared as they powered up, preparing to follow suit.

"Here we go...Leon Bolt, Sturmvogel-II... let's do it!"

As he rocketed out of the hanger bay, he opened a COM line to the Thanatos which was, if he had calculated correctly, now approximately 1000 kilometers away from their current position.

"Captain Lister," Leon said. "Come in, Captain Lister. Do you read?"

"Loud and clear," came the captain's immidiate reply.

"Tell me, Captain. Is the Thanatos ready for action...?"

- Heavy Command Cruiser Thanatos -
- Bridge -

Lister took pause to quell the sudden bubble of excitement he felt rising in his gut before answering Leon. It would be inappropriate to show such an emotion as captain of the vessel. But at this moment, any man couldn't help but feel anticipation for what was to come.

For it was at this moment that he and Commander Bolt were going to make history.

The Thanatos was, by airship standards, extremely large. It was, in fact, the largest airborne craft ever constructed, and the largest ship that the Fandom currently had in service on Earth. It stretched over four-hundred meters in length and posessed a wingspan of over nine-hundred meters, with wings giving it the resemblance of a giant, flying manta ray. Its entire hull was dotted with anti-air defenses--an assortment of AA guns, missile launchers and flak cannons, and it could, in its underbelly, store an entire squadron of mobile suits. It was a flying fortress, in every sense of the word, and soon to become the center of the Fandom's offensive on Earth.

This mission against the Gundams was the Thanatos' maiden voyage. It had been constructed in a secret facility in the Mediterranean, one the Fandom had stolen from the Federation and converted for its own purposes. Many were at first skeptical about the practicality of such a large craft. But since the time Leon had first acquired the design plans, he had pushed forward with its development with a burning desire to get the massive ship airborne. He saw the craft's potential to make the Fandom force dominant on Earth, and had even managed to not-so-secretly divert several of the Fandom's resources in order to accelerate the ship's completion.

Now it was time to prove itself. The higher-ups were anxious to find out whether or not the time, effort, and money spent constructing the monstrosity had been worth it. Lister and Leon did not intend to disappoint.

"Ready anytime sir. The weapon systems are primed. The Vindicator squadron is ready for launch. All we need now is the signal from your transponder and your orders to attack."

It was just the answer Leon was hoping and expecting to hear. "Excellent, Captain. Deploy Vindicator squadron and have them launch to the Gundam team's current position, as determined by Knight squadron. Then... remain on standby. That is all."

"As you wish," Lister replied. He nodded to his bridge crew and they immidiately sprang into action. It seemed that they too were eager to get the show on the road.

Below deck, in the ship's hanger bay, the mobile suits of Vindicator squadron powered to life. A dozen BABIs--led by a mobile suit emblazoned in bright red, the red eagle--and a half dozen GN-X mobile suits rocketed out of the hanger bay, course set for the battle taking place between the Gundam team and the Knight squadron. Estimated time of arrival: thirty minutes.

Lister clasped his hands behind his back. Now all there was to do... was wait.

- Leon -

"Here's the deal, Captain Ryder," Leon said as he pulled up along side the Astrea. "I have no idea how the battle between your captured pilot and the Gundams are going. Hopefully, he'll be able to stall them long enough for us to arrive. Once we do arrive, I am going to engage the Gundam squadron directly. You have the choice of either joining me, or providing me with cover fire with that BFG you have there. Personally, I'd recommend the later."

"I understand you may not find it to be the most intelligent strategy I could have come up with... but just trust me. All we have to do is hold our own for about five minutes, and the Gundam team will be finished. Do you copy?"
Thundermuffin wrote:SETSUNA: There is no Tomino in this world.