TARRRPG Chapter 3: Flight of the Osprey

Where old RPGs go when they die and move on to the afterlife.
Volnixshin

Ross sternly looked Wan in the eye.

"Replaceable? As replaceable as our very exsistance! Of course he's not replacable. And besides, I knew his....father, I worked with him briefly, but he;s gone now. If you have some sort of plan on attacking him however, let me tell you this, that is treason withen the military"
You ever wonder where the Legend began? Watch as the most useless, becomes the most feared in the galaxy

Dark Duel: "I think the lesson to be learned is that so long as you have blue-colored hair, you will kick ass."
Sume Gai

Wan had considered this possibility but had found it unlikely. "So you do know more than you let on, perhaps you will be more helpful than I initially thought. I think we may need to discuss this more in private, at your convenience of course. Oh and don't worry about me attacking the Bio, he has far too much potential to waist like that."

with that Wan left before the general could react. though his original intent was a somewhat different outcome now he could let Ross in as a confidant. and maybe he could get more resources as a result.
"If You are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve" -Captain Harlock

"I like the SAGA. Its what Rambo would pilot if he was in Gundam 00" -Kylern
Volnixshin

Bio himself, in another part of Europe, was uploading the various "new stuff" he had. His glider trashed he was stuck with the Guul, but it did have missles. And he still had the shotgun, machinegun, and his pumpkin bombs. Things were allright. He popped his head around the corner. Still dark. He turned around and started up the projector and resumed watching his film.
You ever wonder where the Legend began? Watch as the most useless, becomes the most feared in the galaxy

Dark Duel: "I think the lesson to be learned is that so long as you have blue-colored hair, you will kick ass."
Lowind

Lowind

if you want to destroy those accursed Gundams, I can help; contact me tonight at 2300hrs.

Wan Fey Lo
"Him again... Doesn't he get the message?" Lowind said, his good mood by the experiment's results slightly offset.
Wan Fey Lo

Nope. Don't feel like it. Why don't you try asking Mr Black Mage, for starters? You might be able to get something interesting there at least.

Lowind
*Enter*.

"Now that's the end of that. And did this... misplaced kid said that he is under my command?

On second look, Lowind realised that the one eyed boy was Masamune Date of Samurai Warriors. And probably from the game world, not the historic one. He also noted how he was entirely unmoved about this weirdness.

"Well, Mr Date. You found him. And he says, well, he is not worthy of commanding you. You have been given authority to disregard Captain Lowind's authority." Lowind said in a straight face.

"And hi, Mike, or as I remember, The Big Zabowski. Nice to see you in flesh at last. Sorry, can't chat." He said, finding himself wondering if that would be out of character.
Cybaster

-Masamune-

"Don't make fun of me, Captain." Imbecile, Masamune mentally added out of habit. It's a hard one to break. "Personally I don't see the point, either, but I guess they wanted to cluster me with you because you're also a Gundam Pilot. One of the Fandom's first and only, in fact. That, or maybe Ishikawa was hoping that all that Feddie fire that would be flying at you would kill me off for him."

Masamune shrugged, scoffed, and turned around to leave. "But fine. I can be autonomous as well, Captain. Suits me either way."

-Emily-

Emily landed the Unicorn shortly after with a relatively smooth landing and a Tumble Check of 20 and, upon climbing out (this time using the winch successfully even though she rolled an 8 and only had 2 ranks in Climb) and landing on the hanger floor, she sauntered over to Wingnut and co., raised her arms, and cheered.

"Woohoo! That was fun! And that thing with the sword was cool! Too bad I didn't get to see how much damage my Kniiiiiiiiife Eyyyyyyyye Attaaaaaaack did to it, though. I'm gonna do it again next battle and---"

*DING*.

Emily's arms suddenly lowered, she stopped running, and she looked pensive, as if in thought about a sudden impulse. "...And...and..."

A pause.

"Is something wrong? Did you sense something bad?" A mechanic asked.

Emily shook her head.

"Then why the Newtype Flash sound effect? Surely---"

"Actually...?" Emily looked up after awhile...and she smiled. Which turned wider. And then became a grin...and then laughing which caused Emily to bounce around happily again. If it wasn't a Newtype impulse, then it must be... "That sound effect was me levelling up!!! I'm 10th Level now, woohoo! Oh, gosh, what should I take for 10th? Maybe I should stop taking Paladin levels and start stocking up on Fighter Levels? Or maybe keeping on Monk for Ki Strike: Magic...or...or...or maybe a Prestige Class! I've always wanted to try an Occult Slayer, even though I'd have to retrain some feats..."

Everyone would be sweatdropping right about now.
Don't throw the baton, you jacka**!!!
Wingnut

- Wingnut -

Wingnut had just gotten the briefing from Ryker and returned to the hanger to let the others know what would be happening next when he ran right into the ever hyper Emily Stormgunner, or more accurately, she ran into him.

And once again she managed to leave the acting squad leader at a loss for words.

I think the tropers had a name for people like her. What was it they called them? Ah yes, Cloudcuckoolander.

Finding Tallis nearby he approached her. "Hey, how are the repairs to the ship going?"
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
Terrace

Terrace looked at Emily in stunned silence. Oddly, he could follow the rudiments of what she was saying, and interpreted it as someone thinking they were playing a Tabletop RPG with her real life as the story. Seeing his subordinates staring, too, he simply shook his head.

"Don't ask. Just don't ask."
Heavyarms is the best walking weapons pile of all the Gundams!

Click Here!
Sume Gai

Tallis Stenner

Tallis turned to face wingnut upon hearing his question.

"well to be honest ships aren't my specialty, however, last I heard the work would be done later today and unless something comes up you'll be leaving tomorrow. but sadly I haven't heard if I'm going to get that transfer..."

for the first time in front of Wingnut a sadness had crept into her voice, it would be clear that she was disappointed at the prospect..

Wan Fey Lo

wan had recieved the message a nd was somewhat less than impressed by Lowind's responce. 'I thought He'd at least hear me out before turning me down. why does it seem the Fandom just continues to disappoint?'

it looked like he needed to move far sooner than expected. it was clear that he needed to go to the Europe HQ. and began preparations at once.
"If You are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve" -Captain Harlock

Kylern

-Cheyenne Mountains-

His meeting with the base commander was pretty standard it seemed. The first mass produced variable fighter the Federation would produce was Shinsei's VF-11C Thunderbolt. While not as impressive as his own YF-19 it was a highly capable machine. His job was the train the Federation's first VF squadrons.

"Yes sir I will train these men to the best of my ability." He gave a salute as the base commander finished his orders. Kyle turned on his heels and then left the office to head for the hangar area's located in the mountain fortress of a base. If he wasn't mistaken this use to be a nuclear fall out shelter and headquarters of the American Tactical nuclear weapons corp. It was definatly an impress structure and upon arrival he found 12 units forming a UN Spacy style VF squadron. It was basically three teams of four fighters and this unit would make up from what he was told the first squadron based on the Federations newest battleship that was in construction.

As he walked in he found the pilots already lined up and waiting for him to arrive. "Good evening men. I'm 1st Lt. Kyle Ryder and I'm your new flight commander. You will obey all my orders and by the end of this training you will be the newest hotshots in the Federation military. I am the foremost expert in VF fighter tactics within the Federation but that doesn't mean I'm the best out there. Fandom has already started fielding their own VFs and I engaged one of them earlier today. You need to be better than me in order to survive out there and I will make sure you are. Now first order of business we will come up with a name for this squadron."

"How about the Templars? After all its going to be out job to lead the crusade against Fandom." One guy spoke up. Kyle just looked at him and laughed a bit.

"Sounds good to me. I hear by designate the Federation's 1st Squadron the Templars." Everyone clapped their hands and the fun began.
When the books are written will we be on the right side of history?
Totally Awesome Random Robot RPG
Wingnut

- Wingnut -

In his home dimension, Wingnut had an ability of sorts to tell when something was bugging someone even if he rarely found out what that something was.

However in this case it was obvious what was, and it seemed that today was his turn to play hero to a person's dreams.

Bringing up the PDA in hand Wingnut scrolled through a few pages "Well, Ms. Stenner, according to this list of who is going to be part of the Osprey's crew when we leave, it seems that you are going to be on the maintenance and repair crew for the mobile suits."

3... 2... 1...
The Gundam wiki

R.I.P., SDGO.
Sume Gai

Tallis Stenner

anyone who knew Tallis would know how she felt about this and by the time wingnut had finished his mental count down everyone else would know of her excitement as well.

"WOOOHOOOO!!!! YES, I MADE IT. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU-THANK-YOU" Tallis' excited squeals and jumping continued for the next full minute

Finally calming (though still quivering with excitement) she turned and looked wide-eyed at the machine she had been working on, hellbore's Freedom Kai, then, as far as anyone could tell, jumped into the machine's workings to continue her work with glee.

Wan Fey Lo

he was nearly ready to leave, he never bothered to carry much with him so packing and unpacking was always very quick. With the aid of a truck he had 'acquired' he could make the trip on his own and be at the HQ by morning easily. the only person who might try to stop him was Ross.

hellbore

-Hellbore-

Hellbore had just climbed out of his Freedom and began walking over to the others when the female mechanic from before rushed past and began yelling orders to her crew about the Freedom.

Shrugging to himself, he continued over to the other pilots. He saw Emily going nuts over something or other, and the others where obviously mentally face-palming. "Wingnut," he asked turning to the de facto leader of the squad, "whats the brass got for us next?"

-Jacob-

Jacob and Sara arrived at the Fandom Euro-HQ and where told to report to a Colonel by the name of Graham Nelleis. They found the hanger they where assigned to and reported in.

"Captain Jacob Fakin and Lieutenant Sara Klein, reporting sir."

"Welcome to Fandom HQ Captain, Lieutenant. Its unfortunate about the outpost being destroyed, but its good you made it out. Tell me what happened."

"Well sir," began Jacob, "the attack came from the Federation's Gibraltar base and consisted of the Gundam Team and local forces. The initial attack was completely overwhelming. We lost 80% of our forces in the first few minutes. I was alone at the end when they withdrew."

"Interesting that they left you alive when you were completely outnumbered. Why do you think they did that?"

"Sir, the base was in ruins by then. I can only begin to speculate, but I believe they left because they had completed their objective. Taking me down was only a waste of time."

"Very well," said the colonel, scratching down notes. "Ill give you your new assignment. You are to wait here until Captain Kayla Ryder arrives and join with her. You'll form an independent mobile battalion that includes the few Gundams we have on our side. You are of duty till then. Dismissed."
Wingnut

- Wingnut -

"Wingnut."

At the sound of someone calling his name, Wingnut turned to find the pilot of the Freedom approaching him.

"what's the brass got for us next?"

"We're heading east to the Suez Canal. In short, we're to either take it from Fandom control or make it unusable for anyone if we can't. My guess is that the brass wants control of the Med so they have a stable area to invade Europe from when the time is right. Plus it would take the Fandom a lot longer to ship material east without the canal."
The Gundam wiki

R.I.P., SDGO.
Cybaster

-Emily and Kirie-

Kirie sighed. He had arrived at Gibraltar only to find that the rest of the Gundam Team had already left to attack a nearby Fandom base, and with them, the person he was supposed to report to. As such, while the Musha Gundam was parked in a separate hanger, Kirie had nothing to do but wait and twiddle his thumbs while they finished; By the time they did, Kirie was just about ready to take off to look for them, and then they returned. From the looks of things, it looked like they had a good run, too.

No sign of Masamune yet, either. Who was he supposed to 'sword-stabby' around here now?

Diligently climbing out of the Musha Gundam, Kirie looked around and began heading towards the direction of the Osprey and, after standing at a distance eyeing the gathering group for awhile, he made out one person who everyone was seemingly asking for directions. That was probably him. With a deep breath, the boy with short pink hair and a red armor-like normal suit began walking over to the Gundam Team proper, waving.

"Excuse me...are you Wingnut, by any chance?" Kirie piped up, saluting once he was in front of the Gundam Team. "I'm Ensign Kirie Morgan, formerly of the Okinawa Base. I've been reassigned here to---"

"I got it!" Emily grinned, hammering her right fist into the palm of her left hand. "I'll be an Occult Slayer. It'd be a good chance to brush up on my Newtype Abilities, and I'll be immune to Mind-Affecting Effects at Slayer 5th so other people can't use their Newtype Jedi Mind Tricks on me! I'll retrain Mobility and Spring Attack for Improved Initiative and Weapon Focus to meet the prereqs, and get them back later when I take more Fighter levels...okay.

"Hmm, Suez Canal...it's near Egypt. The brass *do* realize that we're in Gibraltar, right? Wouldn't that be suicide, sir?" Emily suddenly asked in a seemingly rare moment of clarity. And soberness. "Moving across the Mediterranean directly from Point A to Point B would be inviting every single Fandom unit along the northern and southern coastlines --- Italy, Southern France, Greece, Spain, Turkey, the works! --- to try mass-ganking us? Without a lot of Move Silently checks, we'll never make it there in one piece --- I think we're actually the distraction, sir, not the main force. The brass is trying to open Europe up with us as a decoy so they can launch an invasion from, say, Russia...or Odessa, or something..."

Kirie sweatdropped and winced at Wingnut with a look that asked 'Is she always like this?'. "Ummmm, sure, yeah, I guess I see your point. Anyway, sir, I've been reassigned to help your team. Nice to meet you." Kirie bowed courteously at that, as he had learned to do throughout all that time in Japan.
Don't throw the baton, you jacka**!!!
Wingnut

- Wingnut -

"Yeah, welcome." Wingnut said returning the bow and looking between the newcomer and Emily, giving him a reassuring look that this was normal behavior.

It then hit Wingnut that Emily had a very valid point. One that could be a large problem if it came to pass, and given how the Fandom had chased the Osprey across the Atlantic, a scenario that was seeming more likely with each passing minute.

Even with everyone we have, I'm not sure we can do this alone. The Suez base itself we could take by ourselves, but getting there in one piece is another story. If we are a diversion, then what are we a diversion for?
The Gundam wiki

R.I.P., SDGO.
Sume Gai

Sume Gai

Gai had made his way over upon seeing Terrace conversing with wingnut and was in earshot when Emily had made her supposition and Kirie his introduction.

Gai decided to break the silence, rather than stand by any longer.

"maybe we are just a distraction, maybe not, but I doubt they would just throw away the most powerful group in the Federation like that."

Kylern

-Kamaitachi-

(Not to skip Leon and Kayla's conversation I'm just moving the ship into Fandom's main base in Europe to move the story into position)

After what seemed like forever the Kamaitachi finally came into Fandom airspace. In its possession was several of Fandom's most powerful machines, seemingly picked up over the course of its travels. The giant transport seemed to be a crossroads and interestingly destined for a larger role. Now that the Federation had crushed one base after another it was its chance to even the odds but that was later. Now they needed to do their job and gather the last warriors before their next journey.

The transport landed in preparation for its arrival. More mechs seemed to be in waiting for them too. Upon receiving the message of what this crew held a high ranking group of officers including the base XO arrived on the ship to personally relieve the crew of their burden. The group arrived on the bridge carrying the new mission as well.

"Captain we are here to collect the Federation gundam, its pilot, and the intel collected on the Federation's anti-newtype agenda. We would also like to hand you a new assignment as well. You will be joined by a Captain Fakin, and Lieutenant Klein from the devastated Fandom outpost. From now on this unit will be known as the 82nd Independent Battalion. Your charged with intercepting the Federation's Gundam team and taking them down. Leon of the Black Star Knights will be your commanding officer while on Earth. I hope you all the best of luck and we will be supplying you with five GN-Xs, and two 4 man squads of ZAKUs. (1 Slash Phantom, 3 Blaze, 1 Gunner, and three normal ones)" Corporal Graham Nelleis said. The man next to him spoke up as several MPs left the room.

"We will be taking the Federation pilot now as well as his dismantled Gundam." Kayla responded before they could leave first.

"Please take into consideration his cooperation and the fact he wants to help us. I will take full responsibility for him too. Just don't hurt him." She said hoping they would listen to him.

"Don't worry Miss. Once we get his statement and make sure he's trustworthy we will send him back to you after he is fully healed." And with that they all left leaving Kayla standing there with Leon again. This had all been real fun and now they had to wait for everything to be loaded onto the ship before they could leave again.

(Sorry Zebo but you gotta leave my ship for now)
When the books are written will we be on the right side of history?
Totally Awesome Random Robot RPG
hellbore

-Gibraltar-

Hellbore mentally face-palmed at Emily's outburst. But he did agree with her assessment of the situation. "Wingnut, can we detour across Africa and make it to Suez from the west rather than cutting across the Mediterranean? It might make encounters with Fandom patrols less likely."

He turned to the newcomer and offered his hand, "Welcome to Gibraltar, call me Hellbore."

-Fandom HQ-

Jacob led Sara along the passageways of the aerial transport towards the bridge. He saw a machine of some kind being towed away under a tarp. Entering the bridge he asked "Captain Fakin and Lieutenant Klein of the Cerberus, reporting. Is there a Captain Ryder here?"
Wingnut

- Wingnut -

"It might. At the very least it would make the Fandom come farther to try and take us out, and Africa doesn't really have any bases this far north on either side. Plus we will have a full load of mobile suits on board for the operation so we'll have a good amount of battle strength even if you don't include our unit."
The Gundam wiki

R.I.P., SDGO.
The Big Zabowski

Mike was sitting in his brig cell, a half eaten tray of food sat on on a small shelf like table while he lay there feet crossed and head propped up on a pillow. He was lucky to have all this, and was extremely thankful for all Kayla had done for him in light of his predicament. He found himself looking at the ring on his finger wondering if his idea of marrying his sweetheart was a good idea. He mulled in his head over whether or not she'd even be there after he came home, or even if he did would she take him back if he had incurred any sort of injury during his sortie in this world.

All those questions seemed to toss and turn in his head as he attempted to get some rest before they landed. In fact, he never even noticed the landing or the taxiing to the berth before he snapped back to reality. What he did find were several Fandom soldiers up-armored in full riot/assault gear filing into his room; pointing their weapons at him. His obvious reaction was to flip out and as such caused him to fall out of bed, landing on his injured arm and letting out a pain filled scream. He was quickly drug to his feet and escorted out of the room by the Fandom soldiers, their commanding officer smirking as the former Federal pilot was pushed down the hall toward the hangar.

Once he had arrived in the hangar he found a jeep of sorts waiting with a guard in the front seat. The Jeep itself was more like a triage humvee with a box rear end, of which he was coerced into on short order and set down between a pair of Fandom soldiers dressed in similar garb to those that had rudely roused him out of his nap. It was at this time that he decided to speak up to his attendants, the high ranking officer sitting across from him on the other bench inside the jeep.

"So I take it that we're going to see the base commander so that I can spill my guts and plead for my life? Nice thing to think about after all the cooperation I've given Captain Ryder during my internment on her ship.

As I told her, if you need any help with the Sophia or the Fed directive, I'd be glad to explain it behind closed doors. I hate being the bearer of bad news sirs.. The last thing I want to do is escalate this war into a full on genocide of either side."
TRANS AM!
Yes, it's a V8.
Yes, it was a Trans Am before there was "TRANS AM."
Yes, it's mine. 8)