PHASE 3: The Blunder

Where old RPGs go when they die and move on to the afterlife.
Ziryab

-Girty Lue class, Nosi-
-Main Bridge-
-Above Lunar Surface-

"Target anywhere you want," Cherryh began to slow the Nosi, "just don't hit anything that isn't ZAFTie--decloaking in FOUR... THREE... TWO..."

"Target acquired," the Gunnery operator yelled, his screen lighting upon the lead ZAFT vessel after the Nosi fully decloaked.

"For the sake of humanity, FIRE!!!" Briana cried, causing Cherryh to inwardly rolling his eyes inside his head.

"FIRING," the Gunnery operator replied enthusiatically, releasing a broadside missle barrage.
Hmm. Luke, this Gundam reminds me of a puzzle.

Steam ID: MediumPunch
3DS FC: 0189 9106 6003
Cardi Doorl

OOC: Was gonna type this up earlier, but my Zeta RPs took longer than expected and I had to leave for work right after posting them. I got cracking on these after getting back from work, though ;)

IC:
- Above Lunar Surface -
- Near Nazca-class Cynthia -

It took a while with the extra mass he was lugging, but Duke reached the Cynthia with Darius' deadweight of a mobile suit in tow.

"Cynthia, this is Duke Lazarn coming in for a landing with Darius Raines' GuAIZ. I think he's alive, but I can't communicate with him, so I'm dropping him in the MS bay. I suggest med teams on standby just in case."

Duke maneuvered the two-suit system into the belly of the Cynthia to settle Darius' smashed machine down where mechanics could get to it. He had the urge to stick around and make sure Darius was alright, but he knew he had to get out there and lead Ed and Rob, so he left after insisting he didn't need any refueling or recharging.

Once he'd launched yet again, he broadcast, "Ed, Rob, it's Duke. Let's form up on me."

The Nosi's missiles launched just as Duke finished his sentence.

- Nazca-class Cynthia -
- Main Bridge -

"Well, if Mr. Raines is incapacitated, then let Marcus take command,"

Shema brushed off that minor business just moments before the 14th's commander made his reply.

Just as the Admiral uttered his final, forceful "NOW", a swarm of missiles streaked out, apparently from the OMNI formation. The information officer shouted this fact, obvious as it was, but pointed out, more crucially, that the missiles' course was set directly for the Cynthia, eliminating any doubt that they might possibly be warning shots.

"It appears your assessment was correct about this being a trap, Mr. Brant," Shema mechanically flicked away a lock of golden hair before adding, "Evasive maneuvers, all ships. Granzi Team, advance and engage at will."
RPG TRINARY: Gaia
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: Cardi Doorl

Make sure to check out the RPG section!
Sume Gai

things suddenly changed as one of the CIC officers cried out clearly paniced.

"Sir, Missles have been launched! they're heading for the Nazca class, source unknown!"

realizing silence was pointless now Harken cried out "Who Fired, Damn it?" then turning to the helmsman "Prepare for evasive maneuvers and DON'T fire until they respond"
"If You are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve" -Captain Harlock

"I like the SAGA. Its what Rambo would pilot if he was in Gundam 00" -Kylern
Gambit01

-Turkle-

"It's too late for that, captain," Hiroshi sighed sadly, "There's only one course left too us; when the battle is over, we will make a full inquiry about the origin of those missiles...starting with our 'mysterious friends'."

Signaling the coms officer to get in touch with the entire fleet, he issued his commands.

"LAUNCH ALL MOBILE SUITS! ALL SHIPS PREPARE FOR IMMEDIATE COMBAT! DO NOT LET A SINGLE ZAFT SHIP OR MOBILE SUIT PASSED US!!"

-----------------------------------------------------------------

-Hiroshi Nakamura-

"Nakamura team, meet me on the starboard side of the Turkle," Nakamura said.

"Hiroshi Nakamura...LAUNCHING!!"
I mean when you spend precious seconds to give an "All Your Nukes Are Belong To Us" speech before you even start the Gundam up, you know you're too overzealous for your own good.~wza
Kavik Ryx

With the order given from command, Dalos launched from the catapult towards the rest of the squadron with one of his Suit's arm ready to unsheathe a beam sabre and the other one carrying a beam carbine.

"This is Falcon 4. Entering formation in 4, 3, 2, in place!"
Destroy Gundam

Almost as he had anticipated, Granzi had given him the go-ahead to assume temporary command over the squad, which meant Trask. He was about to relay the info to Trask when one of the ships in the OMNI formation fired missiles at their own formation. To make matters worse, mobile suits started to launch as well. Although he still didn't know if the group they were chasing were OMNI or not, these were definately OMNI, which meant that they were less likely to just break and run. But there was time to worry about that later. At the moment, his main concern was keeping their ships intact and his fellow pilots alive. He moved away from the Cynthia's port side in order to give the CIWS and any other countermeasures room to work without the worry of friendly fire. His beam rifle and shield were at the ready, but the enemy mobile suits were still out of range, although it likely wouldn't stay that way for long.

"Heads up Trask! It looks like they want to shoot first and ask questions later! Shoot to kill, but only if their MS fire first! I don't want to have to waste ammo if I can avoid it, nor do I want to get blamed for making problems worse! Until Darius gets back, I'm going to have to fill in for him."
Last edited by Destroy Gundam on Sat Jun 07, 2008 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
REGENE: (Grins) Any last words, Buuuuur-ing?
(Bring just grits his teeth and the Garazzo’s escape pod breaks off from its main body, flying straight up.)
REGENE: (Shakes head) Right then. Forgot we don’t talk on Planet You.
Dark Duel

"Roger 4." Lukas acknowledged. "Bridge! Do we have any Mk39 low-recoil cannons?"
'Regardless,' he thought. 'ZAFT will probably think we attacked them, and their forces will attack us. A basic but efficient move on the part of the enemy - a good point, though it really doesn't matter.'

Lukas tightened his grip on the controls, and began communicating with his teammates.
"Okay, Falcons. ZAFT is probably going to think the guys who fired at them are with us, meaning they'll almost certainly attack - so let's make sure we take them out before they take us out."

Even as Lukas spoke, he began preparing to target the enemy.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
ZGMF-X28A Nu-Liberty

Having recieved the order to engage, Michael broke away from underneath the Helga and immediately began searching for targets to attack. As much as he had hoped to avoid conflict, it seemed unavoidable these days.

Beam rifle raised and targeting sensors scrambling, Michael remained close to the Helga, should the need for anti-MS defense arise. If an enemy attacked him, however, he would either send them to whatever beyond there was, or at least give them one hell of a repair bill.
"That's the problem with plutonium, Craven; it's limited in its application. It's not user-friendly. But as a vehicle for regaining one's self-respect; oh, it's got a lot going for it!"
- Darius Jedburgh, Edge of Darkness, Episode 6, Fusion
Terrace

Turkle

"Terrace Manosk, launching NOW!" Terrace's Dopplehorn Dagger L shot down the launch tube, the cable trailing it becoming taut and shooting back into the depths of the hangar. He quickly joined up with Hiroshi and opened a channel.

"Sir, what's our first target?"

------------------------------------------

Helga

"Winry Moesta, launching NOW!" Winry's GuAIZ R shot down the launch tube, the cable trailing it becoming taut and shooting back into the depths of the hangar. She quickly joined up with Josh and opened a channel.

"Orders, sir?"

-------------------------------------------

Both of them noticed each other's mobile suits in the distance, though neither thought anything of it.
Heavyarms is the best walking weapons pile of all the Gundams!

Click Here!
Random Zaku Pilot

Hector let out a groan over the comline as they were attacked . "So should have stayed in bed, but whatever give it up to the naturals to make things more troublesome then need be" was Hector voice.

"Sir do we go on the offensive or we wait for em to come to us? whatever we do doesn't bother me as long as I don't have to fight a cutie" was Hector asking his commanding officer what to do.

Hector puts on his helmet as he crack his knuckles ready to attack.
Meh
Xvlai

- Nazca Class-Cynthia -
- Mobile Suit Bay -

When the bridge received news that Darius's GuAIZ had been all but trashed and no contact could be made with the pilot they had immediately informed medical, and engineering. Now with the metal heap of what had been a GuAIZ in the mobile suit bay, engineers clambered over it, and a medical team stood waiting by.

The first engineer arrived at the sealed up cockpit. This was his first tour and he had never seen a Mobile Suit damaged before, and it was rather shocking to see one this badly done in. Hesitantly he reached out and knocked on the cockpit, fearing to see what was inside.

“Umm.. Hey, you all right in there?”

- Above the Cynthia –
- Duke Team –

Where is Ed? I sure hope fate didn’t call his ticket, he was a good man.

Robert had been floating in front of the Cynthia waiting for Duke to come back out after delivering what looked like a metal coffin. Robert could only hope that the medical teams could do something for the pilot, if there was something left to be done for.

Just then Duke’s GuAIZ launched back into space, hearing Duke’s transmission, Robert took up position behind him. He was about to communicate that he was there when missiles exploded from the enemy Earth Alliance fleet, headed directly for the Cynthia. Kicking his thrusters into action he flies up to clear the way for the Cynthia’s guns.

- Nazca-Class Cynthia –
- Main Bridge –

What had been a relatively quiet bridge, for a battle erupted into chaos as the Earth Alliance fleet fired missiles at the ZAFT fleet, more specifically the Cynthia.

“Incoming missiles! 40 seconds until impact.”

“Enemy fleet launching mobile suits!”

“Sir, enemy ships in main guns range. Firing solutions green, requesting permission to fire.”

Captain Zach Brant stood serenely in the middle of this chaos. Inside he was rather taken aback for a bridge that had seen combat before they were acting rather unprofessionally in front of the commander. He would have to talk them down after he won this battle. For now it was time to turn this chaos, into order.

“The enemy has tried to pull us into a trap. Only the Earth Forces would resort to treachery. Helms, full speed ahead.”

The helmsman, a new replacement was enough of a rookie to turn around and question Zach’s orders, “Uhh Sir at the missiles?”

“You heard me, or do I have to go down there and pilot this ship myself? Full speed ahead!” So, the enemy fired at us first? I guess this is justified then. “Gunnery shoot those missiles down, order the Jeanie’s mobile suits to assist us. Target one of the enemy Drakes and fire at your discretion.”

So, the Lunar Wall sought to trap us. Well he will find that the Desert Tiger was not our only Ace commander. Glancing at the Commander, Zach smiled, he had heard all the rumors about her, he liked her type, and her type brought victory.

Zach was too much of a veteran to get squeamish as he watched the approaching missiles get shot down. One of the missiles made it close enough that when it was destroyed the Main Bridge was sprayed with shrapnel. None of the windows broke, but Zach was suddenly reminded of how he had received his first command.

“Commander, shall we retire to the combat bridge? The situation has changed.”

His sentence was punctuated by the Cynthia shaking slightly as it brought its main guns to bear on the enemy fleet and sent out two beams of natural purifying destruction.
Sume Gai

Turkle
-bridge-

'I suppose the admiral is right' Harken thought 'I really wanted to avoid this but it's too late; I doubt they'd listen to us even if we tried to explain'

Harken commanded "Helm pitch down 30, port 15 get us out of their main gun's firing arc. CIC ready the missiles and lock on to the Nazca class; aim to disable if possible. Coms tell the Scanlan, Marcini and General to stay close our 'friends' for now"

turning to the admiral "Well sir, shall we play offense or defense?"
Last edited by Sume Gai on Sun Jun 08, 2008 3:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
"If You are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve" -Captain Harlock

"I like the SAGA. Its what Rambo would pilot if he was in Gundam 00" -Kylern
EZero8

--Turkle--
-Hangar-

"HAH! Let's do this..." Darrell yelled out. The order came a little late to satisfy his growing itch for action, but at least it came. And right on time, just when he was getting trigger happy.

"Bent... I'm taking off," he says as his Aile Dagger L is flung out into space. He immediately turned towards the enemy fleet, leveling his rifle for a clear shot.

"Just waiting on your call to fire 'Naka-chan'..."

--------------

--Helga--

Josh launched out with the rest of the team, thinking calmly about their predicament. Right now he just wanted to blast the living hell out of the EA forces, but his better judgment kept him from doing it. If only he was more reckless...

His thought was then broken by Hector and Winry, both asking for orders. Sometimes he forgot he was the one in charge; recklessness would not be acceptable.

"When they fire at them, return fire at will. I don't want anyone pointing fingers at us if the s*** hits the fan."
ShadowCell wrote:"Poor fool, ShadowCell!" you say. "You can't win against fandom stupidity with the Power of the Mod!"
Ascension

-Nosi, Bridge

A smile spread across Briana Waters' face.

"Good. They took the bait. Mister Suhndey, let's get Atlas out of here. Our friends here should keep each other occupied for a while. Tell the Drakes we're headed for rendezvous point Romeo-Seven."

Sinking back into her chair, Waters lifted her fiddle to her chin and began to play.
Don't call it a comeback...
...in fact, it's best if you forget I was ever here before.
Kavik Ryx

As Falcon Squadron started to approach the Cynthia, small bodies which appeared to be Mobile Suits became visible.

Dalos himself only piloted a Dagger twice during the Great War; however, even then, as a kneejerk reaction, he flung out his rifle and without authorization fired two shots randomly toward the incoming units.
SNT1

--Turkle--
--Launch pad--

"Mike, blasting offffgguuhhhhh!!!!" The Lieutenant belches after launching.

~~~

After just having taken off from the pad, He gets a clearer view of the devastation. He really couldn't say much, because right ahead are some ZAFT baddies just waiting to get blown apart.

"Alright team, let's take it easy here, let's have fun."

Trusting Erin and Jerzy to follow suit, he confirms a few GuAIZ's approaching his team's positions. He confirms Lukas and Nakamura's units, so at least he knows that he has some badasses on his side right now.

The first team he sees are ZAFT's Kidden team. Looking like a veteran team, they're flying in a formation. Mike opens a comm line to his whole team, declaring, "Firing warning shots." Then, he attempts to open a line to the approaching team. "Turn around ladies, turn around!" Waving the beam rifle around, he then fires erratic shots (purposely) to change the opponent's opinions, even though Mike knew warning shots are almost never heeded anyway.

~~~~~

--Helga--
--Launch pad--

It was looking like crap. but according to the mechanics and engineers, it should work out just fine. We're of course talking about the head unit of Carrah's GuAIZ-R, which got almost blown apart from the previous skirmish. It's functional now, and is ready for round two.

"Corker here, launching!"

~~~

Seeing Michael's unit, Carrah signals his unit, with an intention to bring her team to back up Josh's own trio. They won't be the aggressors like last time, but they can pick off extra targets that the Kidden team might encounter.
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
Fritz Ashlyn

- Jerzy -

Ltjg. Potrzebie swooped into view as if he had been behind Lt. Santos all along. He fell into a loose formation, his jaw set and his mood severely darkened by the presence of oncoming ZAFT units. "Firing warning shots," Lt. Santos announced before he began to wave his rifle around. He fired off a couple of unaimed shots to get his point across. "Pfft, warning shots. Yeah," Jerzy sarcastically humphed as he brought his pack's recoilless cannon to bear on the lead Kidden team MS. He led his target what he anticipated to be a decent distance and fired.
TftF Wiki
TftF One Shots
RPG Trinary: Ortega
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: Fritz Ashlyn

Hey! why don't you swing on down to the RPG section? Tales from the Frontlines: The AEUG running strong since 2006!
Random Zaku Pilot

"Sir we have fire upon the teams from the Cynthia, crap there firing at us now I am going to intercept now, sir you don't mind me taking the leading role?" was Hector rushing forward.

"Hey naturals if you return to your ship and don't advance on us promise nothing troublesome will happen, but here is my bullet to cast a black hole" was Hector on a free channel hopping anyone heard it.

Hector fires two shots from his rail cannons away from the enemy and one rifle shot closer to the EA units "This is a warning but if any cuties are lonly please come my way" was Hector joking

(HEctor showing off shooting randomly ear Fritz)
Meh
Cardi Doorl

- Near Nazca-class Cynthia -
- Team 1 -

Duke twisted his GuAIZ away from the missiles' flight path, but not before firing off a beam rifle shot to swat a missile that came particularly close to him. His lips twisted into a lopsided, sardonic grin; it was inevitable that at least one of the missiles would, or so he presumed from past experience.

Kidden's team was first to advance, giving Duke no time to worry about the Cynthia. He had to get out there and give Josh whatever support he could, so Duke gave a hand signal and took off after Josh's unit. He saw that the other team from the Helga - Team 4, led by that Corker girl - was already on the move.

With his mobile suit screaming far above the Lunar landscape, Duke was barreling head-first to meet OMNI mobile suits somewhere in the middle.

- Team 5 and Team 6 -

The GuAIZ teams from the Jeanie assisted, as ordered, in shooting down a few missiles, but the Cynthia's CIWS did most of the work. Nevertheless, the two teams took point-defense positions around Granzi Team's flagship while the Helga and Jeanie opened fire with their main cannon as per the Commander's order.

- Near Laurasia-class Helga -
- Team 4 -

John Dou relaunched just in time to get Carrah's order to move out in support of Team 3. With a husky nod, John moved his GuAIZ R in formation behind Carrah's.

- Nazca-class Cynthia -
- Main Bridge -

"Indeed. Transfer bridge functions to the combat bridge.

"All ships, increase altitude and concentrate fire on the Nelson. It's not necessary to eradicate their entire fleet; we need only make them regret their attempt to catch us off-guard."

Throughout all this, Shema's tone, posture, and demeanor remained entirely unchanged from how it had been earlier, when Granzi Team had been parked in the Copernicus docks with no hostilites expected whatsoever.
Last edited by Cardi Doorl on Sun Jun 08, 2008 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RPG TRINARY: Gaia
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: Cardi Doorl

Make sure to check out the RPG section!
SNT1

So, as expected, the warning shots weren't heeded. Instead, one of the ZAFTs charged in further. Mike just shrugs off the warning shots as a mere formality, a prelude to the matchup. When it attempted to fire lazy shots (returning with a warning shot? what) at Jerzy's unit, Mike uses this as an excuse to go all out.

With a weird battle cry, one can't tell if he's still firing warning shots or not. "Hey You! Turn around! NOW! TURN AROUND ZAFT!"

And then he notices his sensors. He sees, hmm, at least, 12 units, each in groups of 3, and increasing. Mike gulps, seeing that he has pretty much provoked an entire fleet's worth of units. With steel resolve, he stands his ground, at this point in time only three units can do harm to him. Mike just floats up there all awesomely-like. "Yeahhhh," was all Mike could mutter at the might of the ZAFT forces.

Turning to the straggler, Mike fires well-placed beam rifle shots at the unit (two shots at Hector), while keeping in mind the other two. Hopefully the Dopplehorns can get some clean, uninterrupted shots at the forces.

~~~

Carrah attempts to get to the battlefield quickly, increasing her speed. She saw the shots, and she sees the movements.
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/