PHASE 3: The Blunder

Where old RPGs go when they die and move on to the afterlife.
ZGMF-X28A Nu-Liberty

As he quietly listened to the conversations between his teammates, Michael suddenly began to grow curious.

Why would a fleet of ships put all this manpower into covering the retreat of only three? he thought quietly.

Regardless, he ran a diagonistic of all his systems, from life support to weaponry. Everything was still within tolerable levels, enough for him to either continue fighting or cover his teammates.

Deciding to go with the latter, Michael opened a COM line to the Cynthia and spoke as he always did, quietly,

"Commander Granzi, this is Alvaaron. I still have more than enough battery power and ammunition to continue combat operations. I volunteer to cover the retreating ships while those who need repairs can get back to their respective ships, mam."
"That's the problem with plutonium, Craven; it's limited in its application. It's not user-friendly. But as a vehicle for regaining one's self-respect; oh, it's got a lot going for it!"
- Darius Jedburgh, Edge of Darkness, Episode 6, Fusion
Random Zaku Pilot

"Running away with your tail between your legs? man it is true only way you Naturals can get killed if you shoot a guy in the back, bigger cowards then me hehehe" was Hector taunting and beginning to slow his acceleration and pull back facing the EA forces.

As he was retreating his sensors picked something small and fast coming in. He fired his CIW's shooting one stiletto causing the other to explode but there were to close and he could hear shrapnel hit the cockpit hatch.

Then a rather nice chunk ripped into the cockpit hitting him in his lower left abdomen "Conyo this s*** hurts, f*** hope its not deep" was Hector shouting in pain in his cockpit. He turns the GuAiz back and retreats at full speed.

"Well doesn't look deep, I can see it its just a little in, maybe I should pull it out? I mean not deep its only a small tip that went in?" was Hector looking at his stomach not really knowing what to do.

"Ummm guys if you have a piece of metal poking into your gut do you leave it, or do you take it out?" he asked as he approached the Helga.
Meh
Dark Duel

Lukas allowed himself a sigh of relief.
"The ZAFT attack force failed in their attempt to attack those Drakes." He muttered to himself. "We win, Coordinators."

He maneuvered his Dagger L so that he could retreat in reverse and began moving back, keeping an eye on the ZAFT forces and moving as fast as he could take the machine in this awkward position, making sure to keep the Dagger positioned in between the enemy and the retreating EA fleet and mobile suits.
He opened up a link to the other three pilots on his team.
"Falcons, this is Lead. Looks like we win this round, gentlemen. Congratulations. Now let's go home."
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
ScornMandark

(OOC - Cardi, it's been 55 hours since this so I'm calling a hit on Duke...)

Stan watched with somewhat grim satisfaction as his CIWS fire raked over the GuAIZ R and both beam carbine shots struck home with an explosive flash. He was about to fire again, but was startled by the abrupt appearance of another GuAIZ R and juked backwards. At that point, his radio crackled again.

"Falcons, this is Lead. Looks like we win this round, gentlemen. Congratulations. Now let's go home," Lukas called to his team.

"Falcon Lead, this is Falcon 2. Disengaging and withdrawing." With that, he continued a moderately paced withdrawl, still facing towards the ZAFT fleet. He held his shield in front of the mech, protecting the cockpit and most of the head while keeping his gun trained on the GuAIZ Rs still floating out there. The newcomer was dangling out in the open, a tempting shot. However, the fighting was done for now, and Stan felt no pleasure at the killing of other people.

He didn't naively hope that the man he shot at was still alive, but neither did he particularly hope that he was dead. He tried to keep neutral about it, so he wouldn't get caught in the misguided idealism of rookies or the jaded bloodlust of racists.
The Mekton Zeta Mailing List wrote:27. I will not put emergency destruct devices in my mecha. I will put them in my pilots. Nothing motivates like thermite.
Kavik Ryx

Dalos began to disengage from the battlefield, slightly disappointed and a little scared. As he looked back toward the damaged GuAIZ, he felt like taking a shot at it, just to say he hit something. However, he was certain this would be worth some sort of "correction" by a commanding officer, and he was already guessing that he was due for one anyway.
Xvlai

- Nazca Class-Cynthia –
- Mobile Suit Hangar –

The luckless engineer was blown backwards as the mobile suits hatch forcibly was released. The blast forced him backwards where he lost his balance on the GuAIZ’s armor falling backwards. As engineers scrambled to help the downed man another scrambled up. The sight of the pilot who came out of the Mobile Suit was enough to unnerve even the most experienced of veterans. Fighting back the lunch he just ate the senior engineer waived the medical team up. As more of the pilot came into the light he couldn’t help but observe this was the guy who had quickly drawn the Captain and Commanders wrath and had been ordered to paint his own mobile suit.

“Someone mind getting me a band-aid and a new suit?”

He also couldn’t help chuckling at the pilot’s statement. Mobile Suit pilots, dare devils until the last.

“Must be some rough fighting out there, don’t worry we are going to get you patched up. And I think your done with fighting, for this battle at least.”

As he finished the medical team, arrived, the lead medic quickly went to work on Darius. A frown slowly crept over his face; this pilot needed medical attention now. Placing his hand on the pilots shoulder he attempted to guide the man down to the stretcher, “Going to need you to come with us sir, we need to get you to medical.”

- Near Nazca-Class Cynthia –
- Duke Team –

Rob, had taken a leisurely loop to avoid the Cynthia’s point defense, he now found himself under the Cynthia.

Seems the Mobile Suit combat is over with, I should have been faster. Avoiding the point defense he pilots his GuAIZ so he lands on top of the Cynthia and assumes a crouch position in order to provide better support.

I wonder how Duke and Ed are doing; I shouldn’t have taken so long.

- Nazca Class-Cynthia –
- Combat Bridge –

The combat bridge doors hissed open as Captain Zach Brant strode into the combat bridge with the now ashen faced helmsman. He had gone last with the helmsman to have a little discussion of talking back to a superior officer. He had shown no outward emotion when the Commander had left first, but he had been extremely relieved. He had known of Commanders who felt they should leave last, that was a Captain’s obligation.

“What is the situation going on out there?”

He was greeted with a chorus of status reports.

“Sir, our mobile suits have repulsed their half-hearted attack, and the enemy has begun to retreat.”

“Point defense has stopped all incoming fire; we have switched targets to the enemy flagship as well.”

Striding over to stand next to the Commander, he barked an order at the weapons officer. “I want missiles primed and ready to fire on my mark, keep up the CIWS fire.”

The communications officer sat up in her seat and pressed her hand to her head set. Keeping her eyes on the panel she relayed what she had just heard, “Captain, we have multiple pilots asking the Commander for permission to harass and chase the enemy.”

Frowning Captain Zach turned to look down at the Commander. “Sir, your orders?”

He left his thoughts unsaid, although he had the distinct feeling that he shared his thoughts with Shema. These pilots will need to learn they ask me for orders; the Commander has better things to do. I will just have to educate them after this battle.
Cardi Doorl

- Nazca-class Cynthia -
- Combat Bridge -

"This is ridiculous," said Shema, "I ordered the GuAIZ teams to advance in force. Mobile suit teams, go on a concentrated offensive immediately, and make that the last time I repeat an order. Break their will while they're still disorganized."

Shema crossed her legs, then said, "I thought I had professionals in this battlegroup."

- Combat Area -
- Team 1 -

Duke didn't hear what Ed said, as Loonis' interference took him by surprise. He jerked his GuAIZ to avoid the shots as he cursed himself for making such a careless mistake, but in the end his reflexes, no matter how massively enhanced they were by Coordinator, were still limited by the laws of physics and reality. The CIWS pelted his torso. Duke's attempt to dodge was insufficient to prevent the beam carbine shots from hitting, but he was able to prevent a fatal hit, at least.

The first shot shaved away a large swath of armor on the left side of the GuAIZ's armor. The second shot sliced off the left leg at the upper thigh, leaving just a small fraction of the thigh. This caused Duke's mobile suit to spin out of control, putting him out of the path of Lukas' follow-up shots.

Duke recovered his flight just in time to avoid a messy impact with the ground. By that time, the Daggers appeared to be withdrawing to their ships. It was then that Duke noticed Ed's presence.

"Guess we're getting something done," said Duke, "Ed, good to see you. Where's Rob?"

Duke flitted about on his thrusters, careful to compensate for his lost leg.

- Team 5 and Team 6 -

The two GuAIZ trios from the Jeanie, heretofore mostly ignored, spread out slightly and thundered across the dimming mobile suit battle to advance toward the OMNI ships, as per Commander Shema's orders.
RPG TRINARY: Gaia
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: Cardi Doorl

Make sure to check out the RPG section!
Gambit01

-Turkle-

Hiroshi stroked his chin. So far, so good; now for phase two, and explain the rest of the plan to everyone so the retreat doesn't demoralize them.

"Send this message to all ships and all suits," Hiroshi declared, "Continue to retreat, but entice the enemy to follow. When they get close enough, gradually break off...and encircle them. When they are completely surrounded, we will take the offensive and obliterate them from all sides.

"However, should the enemy interpret this as a full-on retreat and leave, do not, I repeat, DO NOT reengage; let them have their false 'victory' as we are not a militia, but an army; unlike ZAFT, our duty comes before our glory, and we have a duty to report this to OMNI!"

Rearranging his glasses, Hiroshi had one more comment.

"And one last order; absolutely no one is to die. Hiroshi out."

"Captain, please prepare to counter incoming fire."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-Nakamura Team-

"You heard the order; back to the Turkle!!" Nakamura ordered, still covering for his erstwhile team-mate.
I mean when you spend precious seconds to give an "All Your Nukes Are Belong To Us" speech before you even start the Gundam up, you know you're too overzealous for your own good.~wza
EZero8

--Darrell Bent--

"Yeah I heard the Rear Admiral the first time..." Darrell muttered. His Dagger L flew past Nakamura's unit and headed back to the Turkle as ordered.

--------------

--Josh Kidden--

"Are you serious...?" Josh thought to himself when Ganzi essentially ordered them to pursue despite their losses. And to think that they couldn't escalate the hostilities any further...

"Helga I'm returning for a much needed... patch-up work..." Kidden says as he landed on the ship. That was an understatement, considering his unit was limbless besides the head.
ShadowCell wrote:"Poor fool, ShadowCell!" you say. "You can't win against fandom stupidity with the Power of the Mod!"
ZGMF-X28A Nu-Liberty

Michael facepalmed as he heard Granzi's order to continue fighting, despite their losses. After making sure no one could hear him, he shut off the COM channels and said outloud,

"Granzi's a damned fool. She's gonna drag us to our deaths because she's too stubborn to call it a day. As soon as this is over, and we get back to Armory One, I'm resigning."

Then, after letting out his controlled anger, Michael switched back on the COM channels and spoke quietly.

"Helga, I'm heading back in for resupply; nothing the mechies have to worry about," he said as he landed back into the hangar.
"That's the problem with plutonium, Craven; it's limited in its application. It's not user-friendly. But as a vehicle for regaining one's self-respect; oh, it's got a lot going for it!"
Random Zaku Pilot

"What the f*** is this b**** crazy the forces from the Helga's team are screwed, well at at least I am excused, hehe piece of metal in gut is quite useful" Hector said annoyed tat the orders Granzi said.

"Helga please get a medical team or something the medicine I took is wearing off and I am starting to feel pain again" said Hector landing his damaged mobile suit.

As he exited the GuAiz a mechanic had to help him out there his green uniform had a red circle around the stomach as Hector winched. "Just pull out the damn thing already" were his shouts. "Sure it could cause more damage or kill you" answered the mechanic.

"Just do it, I don't care" were his words and the mechanic did as he said. "See I told you it wasn't that deep" were his words as the medical team put him in a stretcher and hurried him to the sick bay.
Meh
SNT1

--Near Turkle--

Mike's Dagger L waved an ok sign in front of Turkle's bridge. He feels that he didn't have to repeat the commander's order to Jerzy and Erin. He's right there, watching the other Dagger come in, watching the GuAIZ forces that they just fought scramble. He's also still visible to ZAFT, but that just plays into Lunar Wall's hands should they decide to chase him down.

"A lil' green in the battlefield eh?" Mike points out Erin's obviously safe piloting. At the very moment, it's a brief respite in battle, so Mike decides to chill for a bit and loosened some of his safety belts...

~~~~~~

"You're kidding me right?!?" An exasperated Carrah exclaims, reacting to the unbelievable order. After checking her suit, which only lost her shield and blade in terms of weaponry, she still finds her energy level acceptable.

In the end, despite her doubts, she communicates with all of Helga: "Alright, those who needs resupplying do so now. Jeanie's units will cover us, as well as some Cynthia units. We'll need to get back out there. Helga, I'm coming in, I just need a new shield."

~~~

It didn't take long for Carrah's unit. Like a race car's pit stop, after getting a new shield and squeezing the energy they can put into that unit in mere moments, Carrah was literally back out the front lines in very short notice.
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
ZGMF-X28A Nu-Liberty

As he watched Carrah's GuAIZ R relaunch into the battlefield, Michael recieved the all clear from the mechies for his machine. Locked into the linear catapult, he too launched back into space, fully supplied and battery fully recharged.

Forming up alongside Carrah, Michael opened a line to her machine.

"Flight Leader Corker, permission to speak freely?"
ScornMandark

Stan stayed in formation with the rest of Falcon Squad easily, a loose grouping called Diamond 3. It looked like a lopsided rhombus, but only from the front. From 37­° zenith and 146° horizontally, it was indeed a perfect diamond. Not terribly useful, but it looked disorganized to the enemy. Plus, that particular formation could form up quickly into a more useful wedge, such as Pyramid 4 or Delta 6. "Falcon Lead, this is Falcon 2. I'm not getting any response from Falcon 3 on my comm, did something short?"
The Mekton Zeta Mailing List wrote:27. I will not put emergency destruct devices in my mecha. I will put them in my pilots. Nothing motivates like thermite.
Sume Gai

Turkle
-Bridge-

Harken was doing his best to control the chaos he was trying to project to the enemy.

"reduce fire from the port side by 20%, move us further to Starboard" He barked

"I never did have a good poker face..." he muttered just loud enough for the admiral to hear.
"If You are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve" -Captain Harlock

"I like the SAGA. Its what Rambo would pilot if he was in Gundam 00" -Kylern
SNT1

"Flight Leader Corker, permission to speak freely?"

"What's on your mind," Carrah tirely asks.

She was just hoping it wasn't a bitching, as she's a bit drained out emotionally.
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
ZGMF-X28A Nu-Liberty

"I wish to apologize for the attitude earlier. I want to set the record straight; the only reason I turned tail at Jachin Due was because Zala's leadership was too corrupt to follow...nothing more," Michael said calmly.

"Also, for the record, I don't believe a piece of those rumors which float about you. You got Red Coat status on your own academic merits, nothing more."
Cardi Doorl

- Combat Area -
- Team 5 and Team 6 -

The GuAIZ teams from the Jeanie approached the Turkle with beam rifles at the ready. The leader of Team 6, at the head of the group, raised his rifle and fired a double-tap at the OMNI flagship's portside launch catapult, mostly to rile up the enemy MS teams and hopefully instigate a reaction from them.
RPG TRINARY: Gaia
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: Cardi Doorl

Make sure to check out the RPG section!
Dark Duel

"Falcon Lead, this is Falcon 2. I'm not getting any response from Falcon 3 on my comm, did something short?"
"Nothing as far as I know..." Lukas replied, but before he finished his sentence, an alarm beeped loudly in his cockpit. Slamming the boosters, he shot forward and rotated the Dagger, raising his shield and barely managing to block one of two shots aimed at the catapult with the shield - the other shot tearing a gash in the Dagger L's shoulder.

Lukas swore loudly.
"Falcon 2, on me! We'll cover the retreat!" He called out. "Falcon 3, do you read me? Enemy attack, coming in towards the Turkle from port-side! Cover the Mancini and keep those stubborn pigs from hitting any of the others!"
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
Sume Gai

Turkle
-Bridge-

both the CIC and Coms officers reported the incoming MS one after the other.

little could be done about the incoming shots which although they missed the catapult scored light hits on the armor leaving scorch marks.

"increase the fire on the port side again, but try to make it look erratic, at least, at first; also, launch some missiles from tubes.." Harken proceeded to rattle off 12 numbers at random, all for missile tubes on the port side but at odd places.

"Helm, let our bow drift a little you're looking a little too sharp with your maneuvers"
"If You are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve" -Captain Harlock

"I like the SAGA. Its what Rambo would pilot if he was in Gundam 00" -Kylern