PHASE II: The Raid

Where old RPGs go when they die and move on to the afterlife.
Destroy Gundam

"Damn it, not again! What did I do to end up with a psychopath for a squad leader? Still, he doesn't seem like the type to just fire off his weapons at random at thin air...or space, for that matter. But, returning to the Cynthia would seem wise at this point."

Marcus opened a line to Darius on the comms, though he highly doubted that he would listen, if his actions so far were any indication.

"Darius, this is Marcus. If you can hear me, I'm advising that we pull back to the Cynthia. It seems that the enemy's mobile suit teams have left, and I do not favor our chances against their motherships in our current state. I'm pulling back in order to rearm, repair and recharge."

He engaged the GuAIZ's thrusters and sped off to the docks, picking up the badly mangled shield and making sure to avoid causing any more damage to the city.

"Cynthia, this is Marcus Caseon, I'm coming in for a landing, and should be there shortly. I need my shield replaced or repaired, if possible, and I need my ammo and energy restocked."
REGENE: (Grins) Any last words, Buuuuur-ing?
(Bring just grits his teeth and the Garazzo’s escape pod breaks off from its main body, flying straight up.)
REGENE: (Shakes head) Right then. Forgot we don’t talk on Planet You.
hellbore

Adam looked around from his defensive pose. He saw when, Darius, the weird guy from before, and technically Team 2's leader, blasted a hole in the dome over Copernicus. He radioed his leader, and said, "Sir, we should retreat, I don't think this is a wi..." He was interrupted by a long string of expletives from the Red Coat. He sighed and decided that the man wasn't a Red Coat for nothing. He sensors saw no enemy contacts that were close and all seemed to be pulling back. He decided to fall back to the Cynthia. He did so carefully, slowly making his way towards the hanger.

Reaching the ship he called, and said "Cynthia, this is Trask, my suit has been damaged, and the enemy seems to be withdrawing. Returning to repair my suit.
Random Zaku Pilot

"My good just a few scratches, left arm got a little taste and my torso but everything good" said Hector Watching the enemy go away. "What a waste you know, all those people losing everything in what a few hours, but destruction has always been one of humans biggest trait" said Hector in a bored tone looking at the surroundings.

'Wonder if we get paid for this? wonder if that bar still there? whats to eat today?' asked Hector chuckling that he would ask those questions period right after an attack.

"Any idea who we fought?"
Meh
Terrace

Winry grimaced.

"They certainly weren't regular EA forces. I think they were associated with Blue Cosmos."
Heavyarms is the best walking weapons pile of all the Gundams!

Click Here!
Kylern

From his cockpit the depressed pilot of the Alie Dagger turned on a window in the corner of his cockpit screen. From it a fuzzy image of the outside battle came through and he saw the image of a pretty pathetic looking Guaiz trying its best to attack them and then destroy the dome of the city. What an idiot but at least it would look bad on them now. Both OMNI and ZAFT looked like a pack of idiots now and it would help them in the future. But Kyle still sat in his cockpit as the machine he piloted was on the recharge and rearming.
When the books are written will we be on the right side of history?
Totally Awesome Random Robot RPG
EZero8

"It doesn't matter who we fought," Josh says. "Either way, this proved that there are still hostilities between us and the Naturals. Much more than the government would want to reveal to the public. So much for peace..."

He let out a sigh. He too thought that the group they fought were a little too extremist to be part of the regular O.M.N.I. Enforcer. But he'll leave that issue for another time. Now that he was sure that his teammates were alright, he continued, "Let's regroup back to the ship... we have to be prepared for a fight at any moment, if this battle was any indication."
ShadowCell wrote:"Poor fool, ShadowCell!" you say. "You can't win against fandom stupidity with the Power of the Mod!"
Cardi Doorl

- Copernicus Spaceport -
- Nazca-class Cynthia -
- Main Bridge -

"It appears the attacking force is retreating, sir!"

"Our suit teams are requesting orders, sir!"

"What now, sir?"

Shema seemed to take her time observing what she could and seemed not to notice, or perhaps care, about the torrent of questions coming her way. She was going to give out orders when it was time to do so.

With a rumble, the Cynthia slowly made its way out of the harbor. As it did this, Shema intoned, "Recall all mobile suit teams. If any unit has been immobilized, leave it for now. We can recover them later. Any that need repairs, recharging, or refueling are to dock with their ships and receive such immediately. The rest are to stay near the warships.

"We are going to pursue the attackers to determine their origin. I want our mobile suit teams in the most optimal condition possible with what time we have."

The Cynthia breached the colony harbor and found itself flying above the Lunar surface. The Helga and Jeanie were quick to follow. Immediately, all three vessels turned to follow the route the attacking fleet had taken. Any straggling mobile suits would have to leave the dock themselves and catch up with the warships.

- Copernicus -

"You heard that order," shouted Duke to his men, "Pull back to the Cynthia, now!"

It was then that Duke saw Darius' maniacal rampage and frowned. "Listen, Ed... and Rob, wherever you are. Listen, just go to the Cynthia and don't worry about me. I'll be there in a sec."

Without another word, Duke kicked his thrusters to full in pursuit of the rage-blinded Darius. He roared through the hole the other Red had made just moments before Copernicus' disaster control units applied sealant.

Out on the Lunar surface, Duke pushed his GuAIZ R to its limit, warning lights blaring in disapproval.

He checked his data readouts. He learned that the other pilot was newly-assigned, the new leader for Team 2 that Duke had yet to meet. Darius Raines.

Duke called out to the berserk pilot, "Darius! Darius! Pull back! We'll fight these guys as a team! Just pull back!"

When the Nosi's CIWS lit up, it was a rain of fire from the heavens, drowning the universe in lead. Duke hardly even flinched as he flew directly into the torrent in pursuit of the rampant Red.
RPG TRINARY: Gaia
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: Cardi Doorl

Make sure to check out the RPG section!
Cardi Doorl

- Girty Lue-class Nosi -
- Mobile Suit Bay -

Enzo had been one of the last of Team A to make it back onto the Nosi, but he'd made it in time to catch the entire drama of extracting the VIP from one of Team B's Daggers. He watched from within his cockpit, though. The Commander, as far as he was aware, hadn't given the all-clear, and he recalled from the briefing that, even at this point in the plan, there existed the slight possibility that they'd have to fight again. Enzo thought the possibility was slim, but he wanted to be beyond reproach, so waited patiently for the Commander to confirm that the mission had been successfully completed.

hellbore

Cynthia - Hanger

Adam docked his GuAIZ in the Cynthia as ordered. He cracked the cockpit hatch and used the line to reach the floor of the hanger. He signaled to a mechanic and told him about the damage to the left arm. Getting the mechanics acknowledgment of the situation, he decided to wait around for the others to come back.
Random Zaku Pilot

"So troublesome" was all that was heard over the radio. Hector began moving towards the Helga. 'Wonder what everyone else going to moan about, ten bucks have it most are going to go high and mighty thinking there purpose to defeat the evil naturals, oh well hehe bet the EA supporting these guys' was Hector musing to himself with a chuckle.

Out of boredom he put on music and began singing along.
Meh
ZGMF-X28A Nu-Liberty

Helga - Hangar

Deciding that he had waited long enough, Michael followed his superior's orders and boarded the Helga just as the ship broke through the hangar doors with her two fellows. Walking his suit over to its berth, he opened the cockpit and floated out onto a platform where a group of mechanics were waiting.

"All I need is standard maintenance: recharged battery, ammunition replenishment."

Nodding, the mechanics immediately went to work on Michael's GuAIZ-R as Michael himself pushed off of the platform, floated back towards the cockpit, and re-entered his third home. Sitting in the seat and gripping the controls, he was ready to launch when needed again.
"That's the problem with plutonium, Craven; it's limited in its application. It's not user-friendly. But as a vehicle for regaining one's self-respect; oh, it's got a lot going for it!"
- Darius Jedburgh, Edge of Darkness, Episode 6, Fusion
Destroy Gundam

Cynthia - Hanger

Following the orders given out by Granzi, Marcus had docked his GuAIZ R in the Cynthia's hangar. Some of the mechanics were working on rearming and recharging his machine, and the damaged shield was being replaced as well. He was currently inside of the mobile suit's cockpit, waiting for the order to launch again. The fact that he'd gotten a kill had kept his spirits up, although he knew that it was also due to help from his allies that he'd gotten the chance to make the kill. Trask had landed before he had, but what worried him was that Darius's GuAIZ R hadn't returned yet.

"I hope he hasn't gotten himself killed...he seemed pretty upset when the order to withdraw was given."
REGENE: (Grins) Any last words, Buuuuur-ing?
(Bring just grits his teeth and the Garazzo’s escape pod breaks off from its main body, flying straight up.)
REGENE: (Shakes head) Right then. Forgot we don’t talk on Planet You.
ORegan

"We are withdrawing from combat, Daniels," Matt reminded the eager mercenary, "You'll be rearmed before our next battle."

Under Jack's breath he muttered, "Yeah but if they retaliate with our backs turned, I'd rather be able to fight instead of being caught holding my Willy" rather loudly, with the speakers purposely left on so those around his MS would hear.
mcred23 wrote: Well... it's official: O'Regan is the next Hitler.
WhiteWingDemon wrote: Not to start anything, seeing as that is O'Regan's job...
ShadowCell wrote: O'Regan, quit hitting on other users.
Orrick Alexander wrote: Did anyone know that O'Regan is the reason there's no air in space?
Recon 5

Helga

John quietly docked his machine, powered down, got out and kicked off towards his waiting mechanics. He gave them the go-ahead and took their place on the platform, leaning back on the railing to watch them work. It would probably be a quick job since he hadn't taken any hits.

I wonder if all my missions will be this easy....
Yay for functional signatures!

THE OFFICIAL SAJI FANCLUB. PLEASE POST YOUR SAJI SPECULATIONS HERE
The Big Zabowski

"GET BA-"

That was all that Duke could hear out of Darius' GuAIZ before static cut into the lines, the other Red could watch as the GuAIZ was pelted and torn up by the CWIS fire. Darius ducked and weaved as best as his reflexes could carry him but that was not enough to escape serious damage on his MS. Searing hot lead tore into the suit, shredding armor, cables and the like. Darius was able to swing his suit to face Duke when he brought up his suit's hand to give a signal to the other pilot.

Full retreat, fall back

That was all the hand got out before it was torn off by CWIS fire and the GuAIZ backpedaled into a rock outcropping on the lunar surface. Rocks and metal debris flew every which way as the Nosi pulled further and further out of sight and banked away to another part of Copernicus.

Darius watched from his cockpit through the one working monitor left on the suit as the enemy ship wheeled away, it's CWIS fire still pelting the ground at a phantom attack that would never come from this Red, at least not in his condition. The cockpit itself, and the suit were a mess, holes riddled in the suit from the shell spray. The torso armor seemed to hold up the best, but just barely. The Right arm, was torn and shredded clear off at the shoulder, propellant on the shoulder cooking off and searing the armor there. The backpack thrusters hissed with venting propellant as a gaseous cloud enveloped the suit.

The left hand had been blown off as well, in that attempt to signal. Darius wasn't faring much better himself, shrapnel and glass shards from the broken right side monitor littering the cockpit and some finding themselves embedded in the Red's side. Darius groaned and muttered expletives to himself as he slowly wheeled the GuAIZ around and emerged from the blown out outcropping sparking and covered in thruster fuel and hydraulic oil...

There was no way to signal Duke as Darius trudged his suit back toward Copernicus which wasn't too far off, thank god. All the other Red could do was follow the wreck of a suit and it's defeated pilot back to the docks.
TRANS AM!
Yes, it's a V8.
Yes, it was a Trans Am before there was "TRANS AM."
Yes, it's mine. 8)
ScornMandark

Mancini
- Mobile Suit Hangar -

Sitting in his cockpit, Stan waited. Tense, eager, nervous. What was going on?

Suddenly, red lights started flashing and a loud klaxon blared. The hangar PA echoed through the cavernous bay, "All personell, full alert! Falcon Team, prep for launch. Repeat, Falcon Team, prep for launch. Maintenance, charge catapault. We are at full alert status. All crew to normal suits."

Maintenance personell exploded into action on the hangar bay floor. Most were running for normal suits, the few that were in them already cleared the safeties on the catapault and started opening the bay doors.

"Falcon Lead, this is Falcon 2. Any idea what we'll be launching into?"
The Mekton Zeta Mailing List wrote:27. I will not put emergency destruct devices in my mecha. I will put them in my pilots. Nothing motivates like thermite.
Wedge14

-The Durnfell-

Vicks rose in his seat as he prepared to watched the Nosi vanish from space. Mirage colloid was a useful tool. In this chaos it would be next to impossible for anyone to detect the ghost ship. The captain was always marveled with the technology and was ecstatic to see the ship vanish.

Invisible airwaves crackled with life as the radio operator turned to the captain.

"Sir? what do we identify ourselves as..."

Vick's strained his memory. The Durnfell was actually an OMNI ship, a byproduct of their sponsors generosity. It would have all the normal markings.

"Identify us as the Durnfell. We're part of the 7th lunar space fleet."

"Aye captain."

Amongst the relatively calm bridge the outside of the Durnfell was an absolute mess. It's anti air defenses we're being strained as they tried to take out a pair of GuAIZ Rs that had followed the ship.

"Theres too mobile suits sticking to us sir."

"Good they'll follow us to that fleet.As soon as the Nosi vanishes start broadcasting a mayday"
RPG Trinary:Creepy Zeon Magician

I'm cool, just ask anybody.

Oh and check out the RPG Section!
Zangetsu

Mancini
- Mobile Suit Hangar -

James saw that the order to launch was given. "This Falcon 3, preping for luanch." he said. "Now preceding to join Falcon 2."
Last edited by Zangetsu on Wed May 28, 2008 9:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Paladin Anderson, Executioner Anderson, Bayonet Anderson, Dust to Dust Anderson, Assassin Anderson, Regenerator Anderson, Killing Judge Anderson"-Millennium Soldiers
Cardi Doorl

- Lunar Surface -

"Darius! Darius!" Duke was hollering to a man he'd never met. Desperation set in as Darius was clearly oblivious to Duke's efforts.

To make things worse, the newly-assigned Red took a faceful of CIWS and, in short order, the partly-painted GuAIZ was shredded. Duke swore under his breath and weaved downward to escape the worst of the CIWS torrent.

Darius' mobile suit had taken a hell of a beating. Duke had seen men walk away from worse, but then again, he'd seen three times as many good buddies come out from less severe wrecks in body bags, so the war vet wasn't about to place too much hope in optimism here.

Nevertheless, Duke brought his GuAIZ down behind a rock outcropping to let the retreating ships pass. Immediately, he proceeded to scan the surface in hopes of finding any kind of confirmation as to Darius' fate. It didn't take long to locate the tattered mobile suit limping back to Copernicus. It was moving, so at least the pilot was alive. Duke immediately flitted over to the shattered machine and placed his GuAIZ's left hand on Darius' suit's shoulder.

"C'mon, Darius. I can tow you back to the Cynthia, get you fixed up."