PHASE 1: War is not a game. (14th Fleet)

Where old RPGs go when they die and move on to the afterlife.
EZero8

"Kid... it's best not to pester the CO with questions..." Darrell says bluntly when the trio left the conference room and headed towards the hangar. He too had some concerns with the fleet's command staff judging from what was seen during the briefing, but shooting out questions like a machinegun was not a smart thing to do.

He was quick to change the subject once they walk into the hangar. "I take it that we're equipping Strikers onto our Dagger L units," he says, observing at their weapons complement.
ShadowCell wrote:"Poor fool, ShadowCell!" you say. "You can't win against fandom stupidity with the Power of the Mod!"
Dark Duel

ScornMandark wrote:Stan walked over to Lt. O'Donnel and the other pilots from the Mancini. He saluted and said quietly, "Lt. J.G. Loonis, sir. Pleased to make your acquaintance." He shifted a bit and continued, "Not to be rude, sir, but...When are we heading back to the Mancini?"
"Lieutenant Loonis." Lukas saluted the other officer. "We should be returning to our ship very shortly."
He stepped forward towards the Admiral, and saluted.
"Sir. Lt. O'Donnell, of the Mancini. I and the other pilots will be returning to our ship."
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
Wedge14

-Somewhere near the moons surface-
-Nelson Class Turkle-
-Briefing Hall-

Erin glanced at the admiral's nephew, before turning her attention back to the older man she had in her reach. She looked like she was listening intently but was thinking about her current goal. As soon as he finished her eyes light up with excitement. And she brushed her hand across the admiral's arm.

"Oh i just have the cutest shoes! so much more comfortable then these boots we have to wear. I'd l0ve to show them to you, but....well with the dress code and all they just collect dust in my room...."
Last edited by Wedge14 on Sun May 04, 2008 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RPG Trinary:Creepy Zeon Magician

I'm cool, just ask anybody.

Oh and check out the RPG Section!
SNT1

"Allllright. Lil' Samurai Kid here has a point, let's get to buziness!" Mike says, referring to Nakamura's command to go to the hangar.

He pulls out three little memory cards from his pocket, and flashes them up in the air. "OS UPGRADES! For the mobile suits! Mostly a patch, to make things a bit smoother. My team, my team..." Mike looks at a list of pilots, looking for the other two in his trio, "uhhh, hmmmm Ensign Bruist! You're on my team! wooooot (AN: Yeah, he really says woot)..." He interrupts Erin's... conversation of interest with the admiral. "uhh, Lieutenant Junior Grade Potzrebie!" He calls out his Dopplehorn friend.

He holds up two memory cards for them with his right hand to pick up on the way to the hangar, while still chugging the beer he holds with his left hand.
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
Sume Gai

TURHLE
-Briefing Room-

Harken was not terribly surprised by the admiral's reaction. "Sir, forgive me but the pilots were restless and it seemed better to get things over with." he said; in addition he thought 'and you had obviously forgotten the briefing'

Harken left the briefing room and turned right, heading for the bridge...

-Bridge-
Harken entered to find the bridge as he left it. he floated to the Capitain's seat and sat feeling worn out for no particular reason 'this is going to be a long trip' he thought. A young yet confident female voice rang out as he was replaying the briefing in his mind.

"How did it go, sir?"

Harken looked and saw his XO floating beside his seat. She was of medium height and a somewhat small frame; her blond hair was shoulder length and her green eyes had a confident, in charge air to them.

"not very well Lt. Commander Hayes; I should probably do the briefings from now on." Harken sighed

"too bad sir, is the Admiral really that bad?" Hayes asked

"he's very eccentric but he comes though when it counts" Harken replied

With nothing to say in response Aria Hayes floated back to looking over the shoulders of various bridge officers.

Captain Harken looked at his watch; he was on duty for the next five hours with a short break to get dinner.
Fritz Ashlyn

- Turkle -

"Allllright. Lil' Samurai Kid here has a point, let's get to buziness!" observed Lt. Santos as he pulled several items from his pocket. "OS UPGRADES! For the mobile suits! Mostly a patch, to make things a bit smoother. My team, my team..." he hummed as he looked over the orders, "uhhh, hmmmm Ensign Bruist! You're on my team! wooooot... uhh, Lieutenant Junior Grade Potzrebie!"

"It's poh-CHEB-yeh, sir," Jerzy calmly corrected the lieutenant as he fell in behind him. He was so used to people butchering his name it no longer irritated him. "This one seems oafish enough," Jerzy thought to himself, his face remaining impassive. He glanced over at Ens. Bruist and mentally added, "And I see valley girls have finally migrated to space. This assignment shouldn't be too hard with people like those two around,". He waited with Lt. Santos, quietly standing near him like a proper secondary character.
TftF Wiki
TftF One Shots
RPG Trinary: Ortega
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: Fritz Ashlyn

Hey! why don't you swing on down to the RPG section? Tales from the Frontlines: The AEUG running strong since 2006!
Sume Gai

-Turkle-
-Mess hall-

Harken entered the mess hall; when he entered he saw that a few pilots and the third shift deck crew were enjoying their dinners and some discussion. Harken didn't pay any attention to the group as he went over to get his meal and then found an empty table to eat at.

'It's been a lot quieter than I expected' Harken thought as he began to eat. 'I haven't so much as heard a peep from the admiral since the briefing, and no complaints from the rest of the crew either' Harken finished his potatoes and continued his thoughts 'I guess I'll have to find the Rear Admiral to set our plans for the first training fight'
Dark Duel

Lukas began leaving, motioning for the rest of the Mancini's pilots to follow.
He made his way swiftly down and entered the hangar, making his way over to a shuttle that sat on the floor not far from the starboard-side launch hatch.
"It's time to return to the ship and make sure our mobile suits are ready for immediate launch, should it be necessary." He said aloud as he stepped into the shuttle.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
ScornMandark

Stan gratefully followed Lukas down the corridor. 'Thank God we're getting off this loony bin...' he thought to himself. He had never been one to draw attention to himself, and he didn't make a lot of small talk as they headed to the hangar.

As he followed Lukas into the shuttle, he glanced at his teammates, trying to size them up. "We're all assigned Dagger-L's, right? These are the new ones, right? The Dagger I used before developed an odd tendency to lock up the left arm after about 3 weeks of hard use."

He left his fighting record deliberately vague, he wasn't proud of the 3 kills he had gotten in the war.
Last edited by ScornMandark on Tue May 06, 2008 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Mekton Zeta Mailing List wrote:27. I will not put emergency destruct devices in my mecha. I will put them in my pilots. Nothing motivates like thermite.
Kavik Ryx

"Oh thank god" Dalos muttered. Quickly, he ran out. But before he exited completely, turned around looked in a random direction and made an odd grimace.
Gambit01

When Namakura exited the briefing room, he breathed deeply and exhaled.

Idiot!

Terrace

"Sir, you don't mind me asking, is the Admiral always that...interesting?"

When he turned to answer the man--Terrace, was it?--it was the other subordinate--Darrell--that saved him from having to make an answer.

"Kid... it's best not to pester the CO with questions..."

Nakamura nodded and the three men spent the rest of the trip in silence until they arrived at the hangar.

"I take it that we're equipping Strikers onto our Dagger L units," Darrell asked, though it was more like a statement.

"That's right. However, no two of us can have the same striker pack at the same time; I want this unit to be prepared for any situation, be it close-combat or ranged-warfare. I don't care for gimmicks, but efficiency. That's also why I'm banning the use of 'custom colors' in this team. In addition to being a waste of paint, all it does is paint a big bulls-eye on your back."

He turned to face the two men, both of whom were probably older than himself.

"Any questions?"

------------------------------------------------------------------

Admiral Hiroshi was perhaps unaware that he was salivating at the mouth, but he was.

"Is that so? Then I'll have to give you written permission to customize your uniform to better show off your...assets. No, I think it should be an order. An Fleet-wide order; short skirts, tight-tops and sandals from now on. Yes, that'll do nicely..."

With hearts pumping out of his eyes, Hiroshi clasped his hands together and crouched in front of Erin and gave her a puppy dog look.

"What do YOU think, Erin-chan?"

Perhaps that should have sent off warning bells to people that the Admiral may not be all that he appeared; knowing Erin's name with her not having introduced herself.

Or maybe it would have, had the doors opening not alerted people to another's presence...
I mean when you spend precious seconds to give an "All Your Nukes Are Belong To Us" speech before you even start the Gundam up, you know you're too overzealous for your own good.~wza
EZero8

Darrell nodded in acknowledgement of the team "rules" so to speak. He's been in the military long enough to tell the differences between what's supposed to be done compared to what is being done. The former allows for efficiency, the latter gets people killed.

"You got no questions from me boss." Darrell says, looking at his Dagger L. It was situated in its hangar space being tinkered with by the mechanics. The machine had only just been assigned to him when he upgraded from the lowly Strike Dagger no more than a month ago. This fleet is made up of these new models, and piloted by some of the oddest people at that.

"I think this run will prove to be rather interesting..." he says absentmindedly.
ShadowCell wrote:"Poor fool, ShadowCell!" you say. "You can't win against fandom stupidity with the Power of the Mod!"
Zangetsu

James followed the other two down into the shuttle. He sat down as they started to talk about the new Daggers. "These are good machines but, I wish we could've gotten some of those striker packs to go along with them."
"Paladin Anderson, Executioner Anderson, Bayonet Anderson, Dust to Dust Anderson, Assassin Anderson, Regenerator Anderson, Killing Judge Anderson"-Millennium Soldiers
SNT1

-Turkle-

"It's poh-CHEB-yeh, sir," The subordinate said, making sure his name was to be pronounced correctly.

"Pohh-cheb-eee! Got it," Mike says, failing miserably, then just drops it. "^$*# that. I'll just call you Jerzy, right Jerzy-boy?" He gives the lower officer a huge slap on the back as he talked, then hands him the memory card that will allow for smoother interfacing with the new mobile suit models.

"It's a gift, makes the interfacing a bit less choppy. Not even Team Samurai has that. Having a teammate that had the best scores on software designs on his class isn't a bad perk, eh?"
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
Sume Gai

-Turkle-
-Briefing room-

Harken enters to find the Admiral still actively discussing "uniforms" with a girl he recognized from the duty roster as Erin.

"Sir, have you been here the whole time?" Harken inquired but then noticing the excited look upon his face immediately changed tone "Sir You're coming with me before the you can do anything else"

Harken giving the Admiral no time to react jumped over and grabbed him by the collar. "Pilot Erin I suggest you forget this bit and get on with your duties"

Harken Proceeded to drag the unwilling admiral out of the briefing room and towards the Admiral's quarters. "and you sir are going to help me plan our first flight."
Gambit01

ADMIRAL HIROSHI

"NOOOOOO!!! I DON'T WANNA!!! I'M ALLERGIC TO WORK!!!"

Hiroshi tried his absolute best to stay in the room with 'Erin-chan'; he dragged his feet, tried to pathetically pull back on the Captain, and even clawed at the door-frame.

"DON'T WORRY ERIN-CHAN! I'LL FIND YOU AGAIN!!!!" He cried out as he reached for her.

Unfortunately, that's when the automatic doors decided to close, startling the Admiral into letting go and allowing himself to be pulled by the Captain.

"SAVE ME, NAKA-CHAN!!!!!!"

NAKAMURA

"A...A...A-CHOO!!" Nakamura let out a huge sneeze.

"Interesting doesn't even begin to cut it. Word of warning, if you find yourself wanting an unreasonable amount of cats and start thinking bunnies are the cutest thing ever, then request a transfer, because those are the first symptoms of madness."

ADMIRAL HIROSHI

Still being dragged, Hiroshi was no longer kicking and screaming. In fact, he had a finger on his glasses at the bridge of the nose, and were anyone other than Captain Harken present, they'd say that Hiroshi was contemplating.

"What's your impression, Harken? With the men and women in who's hands we may very well be placing our lives, and the lives of every crew member in this fleet into?"
I mean when you spend precious seconds to give an "All Your Nukes Are Belong To Us" speech before you even start the Gundam up, you know you're too overzealous for your own good.~wza
EZero8

"Oh?" Darrell replied with a chuckle. "Well 'madness' is relative to the beholder. You can't really tell the extent of it until it's too late.

"Then again, it does serve to be a useful hint for the rookie over here," he adds, pointing over to Terrace.
Sume Gai

-Turkle-
-outside the admirals quarters-

"well sir, honestly I think they are a group of misfits, however I'll judge their skills after at least the mock flight." Harken releases his hold on the Admirals collar. "There is something I've always meant to say to you; when I first met you I thought you were totally insane but then I saw what you could do during the "Third Battle at Luna" and realized that you here actually a good commander despite your personality."

Harken paused for a second to let Hiroshi take in what he had just said but just as the admiral was about to respond Harken motioned towards the door "If you really want to be done with the work we'd best get to it, Sir."
ScornMandark

Stan turned to James as he sat down. "I don't know about that, honestly. Those packs are kinda tricky to handle properly. Sure the Aile will make you faster, but it's harder to turn when you're going half again as fast as before. And those Dopplehorn packs are like a, 'Hi, shoot me!' advertisement. They've got to get in the way if someone closes to melee, no? Plus, you're packing an extra 16 tonnes of extra weight, and not a lot of extra thrusters. Bound to slow you down a bit when trying to manuever."

He shook his head a little. "Don't get me wrong, those packs are definitely an advantage. I'm just pretty sure that inexperienced pilots will have a steep learning curve with them the first time out."
The Mekton Zeta Mailing List wrote:27. I will not put emergency destruct devices in my mecha. I will put them in my pilots. Nothing motivates like thermite.
Kavik Ryx

At the other end of the shuttle, Dalos started muttering to himself.

"Well this doesn't sound to tough, look over a few Daggers, fly a sortie or two, and if worst come to worst, there is always that nerd and that chick over on the Turkle to ease things up. Yeah right, they'll probably make it harder or something...Wail, this is no time to judge, I kind of suck myself...Yeah, but I'm probably more reserved than either of them... Damn, why are those two stuck in my head...Well I guess that she didn't seem to belong here, and he just pisses me off for some reason...Shut up Dalos, I'm making a scene...The last thing I need is to look like a freak right now."

He looked around to make sure he wasn't be noticed by anyone.