PHASE 1: War is not a game. (14th Fleet)

Where old RPGs go when they die and move on to the afterlife.
Dark Duel

Lukas seemed to have not noticed his fellow pilot's monologue. He was looking out the shuttle's window at the Turkle, and he shook his head.
"That Admiral seems to be totally lacking in military discipline," he thought, "Which is a bad thing. I suppose I'll wait and see how he does in actual combat."

"I have to say that Stan is probably right. The Aile and Doppelhorn Packs, while they certainly have their uses, are more of a liability than anything else for unexperienced pilots." Lukas said. "An inexperienced pilot in a Doppelhorn, for example, is more likely to concentrate solely on using those enormous cannons, and a decent pilot can get around those fairly easily. The Aile has decent maneuverability, but it still suffers from a significant loss of it at high speeds."

He looked out the window at the Mancini as they approached, and said. "Personally, I'm rather more fond of the Sword and Launcher Strikers, but we don't have access to those."
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
Gambit01

-ADMIRAL HIROSHI-

"Hmph, is that so," the Admiral said. "Well then, best to get started then isn't it?"

Before entering the doorway, he paused and looked over his shoulder.

"They're all....chicklets," Hiroshi said with a sad smile, "And we don't have long to make them as strong as they need to be."

Motioning for the captain to follow, the Admiral set about pouring two cups of coffee.

"I was thinking something relatively simple for a first exercise; a basic game of attack and defense. Paintball rounds only, of course. This ship will serve as the 'base', our own mobile suits will serve as the defense, the pilots of the other ships will serve as the attackers.

"Designated areas will be marked where the 'Attackers' must land a shot. If they get all areas, or eliminate the defenders, the exercise is over. Likewise, if the Defenders are able to prevent all areas from being hit within the time-frame or eliminate the attackers, it's their victory. Any suggestions?"

Hiroshi handed the captain a cup of coffee, motioning for him to sit down.
I mean when you spend precious seconds to give an "All Your Nukes Are Belong To Us" speech before you even start the Gundam up, you know you're too overzealous for your own good.~wza
Sume Gai

Harken looked over some notes before responding "very well; If you don't mind I'll select the targets."

removing a single page from the notes Harken lays a diagram of the Turkle between the two "I think we should have six targets, the two engines. the two catapults; the bridge and the magazine. any objections?"
Wedge14

Erin spun around on her feet as the admiral left with a victorious grin on her face as she caught up to her teammates.

She took a disk off her team leader. Apparently it would make the mobile suits work better.

Erin quickly asked a question as she examined the disc. "Are you even authorized to change the programming on the suits? Like it took some dorks a long time to get all that stuff set up just right....if yours is so much better then theres why aren't you like their boss?"
RPG Trinary:Creepy Zeon Magician

I'm cool, just ask anybody.

Oh and check out the RPG Section!
SNT1

Questioned by Erin, Mike had to make a very snappy yet confident response.

"Of course I'm authorized," says Mike with no notable facial expression. Truth is, there are nothing in the rule books, as far as he knew... But he continues, with a much different tone:

"As for, like, the nerds, I, like, look at their OS work, and I was like, what----evrrrr, so I had to, like, change it. But, like, this is just my hobby, ya know?"
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
Gambit01

-Admiral Hiroshi-

"That suits me fine, Captain," Hiroshi said, taking a sip of his coffee. "When the exercise starts, I will be an observer. It will be up to you as much as it is to the Turkle's mobile suit squads to defend this ship."
I mean when you spend precious seconds to give an "All Your Nukes Are Belong To Us" speech before you even start the Gundam up, you know you're too overzealous for your own good.~wza
Wedge14

Erin waived her nose up in the air in a confident way.

"I prefer the work of profesionals over amateurs. Sir." She said handing back the disk.

"I appreciate the effort though hun." She said turning tail and walking out into the hallway.

Sume Gai

Turkle
-Admirals Quarters-

"very well that will be all, sir. I'll take care of the timing and announcements myself, expect it to start in two or three days."

Harken realizing that there was nothing left to be discussed stood up and saluted smartly before turning to go.
Fritz Ashlyn

- Turkle -

"Pohh-cheb-eee! Got it," Lt. Santos fumbled the pronunciation again. "^$*# that. I'll just call you Jerzy, right Jerzy-boy?" he dismissed it, slapping Jerzy on the back hard enough to make him rock forward and grimace. Jerzy gritted his teeth and took the offered disk from the lieutenant. "It's a gift, makes the interfacing a bit less choppy. Not even Team Samurai has that. Having a teammate that had the best scores on software designs on his class isn't a bad perk, eh?" Santos said, sounding quite happy with himself.

Jerzy looked the disk over in silence as Erin caught up with them. "Are you even authorized to change the programming on the suits? Like it took some dorks a long time to get all that stuff set up just right....if yours is so much better then theres why aren't you like their boss?" the girl asked. It wasn't outwardly obvious whether Jerzy agreed with her or not.

"Of course I'm authorized," the lieutenant answered. He switched to a slightly mocking tone and continued, "As for, like, the nerds, I, like, look at their OS work, and I was like, what----evrrrr, so I had to, like, change it. But, like, this is just my hobby, ya know?". Jerzy looked back to Erin, still not outwardly reacting to any of their conversation.

"I prefer the work of profesionals over amateurs. Sir," she replied confidantly, handing the disk back, "I appreciate the effort though hun,". As she walked away Jerzy turned to his superior and asked, "Would it be alright if I went to check on my mobile suit now?". His tone and expression suggested that he had ignored or already dismissed the entire preceding scene.
TftF Wiki
TftF One Shots
RPG Trinary: Ortega
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: Fritz Ashlyn

Hey! why don't you swing on down to the RPG section? Tales from the Frontlines: The AEUG running strong since 2006!
SNT1

"EH--" Was all Mike could mutter; he got snobbed! His work of art! Ah well. Not like 3.4% less interface lag time might be noticeable for mere humans...

"Your loss!" Mike just calls back to Erin, and then he looks at Jerzy.

"Would it be alright if I went to check on my mobile suit now?" The subordinate asked.

"Ah, yes, that's why we're all heading here," Mike says, stepping aside the hallway for Jerzy.

Meanwhile, he continues to finish up his beer. Ok, Jerzy's alright, doesn't look like one to cause trouble for the higher ups (except the Admiral, dear GOD---But Erin? I couldn't just--- bah! I have to deal with her! With that train of thought, Mike is now banging his head on the wall every 3 seconds, then cooling his forehead with the beer after a few bangs, rinse and repeat.
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
Wedge14

Erin glanced back to see the guy who's name she couldn't pronounce heading to the hangar, and to glance back into the briefing room. There was a lot of noise coming from the briefing room. The noise sounded like something hollow was being hit against the wall.

Bruist thought it would be best to not instigate.

So far her tenure in the military had been interesting. The crew here seemed to be so alive. It was interesting to see so many walks of life to come together. Sure alot of people came off as a crazy dingbats. (her included.) But she chalked up a lot of that to everyone just being at ease, and all the new faces.

4 months from now everyone would be so bloody boring and tired of all this awkward shenanigans....

ScornMandark

Stan cocked his head a bit as Lukas spoke. "Sword? Really? I'm a fan of the Launcher, long range with backup weaponry, but I'm not a big melee fan. Too easy to mess up and get shot in the back. Especially since the Sword pack doesn't have any really long range weapons to speak of. The rocket anchor and boomerang don't have a huge range. Not to say I won't use the beam sabers on the Dagger in close range, I just prefer a little more distance." He looked out the portal as they approached the Mancini's docking port. "Looks like we're here. Have you met the Captain?"
The Mekton Zeta Mailing List wrote:27. I will not put emergency destruct devices in my mecha. I will put them in my pilots. Nothing motivates like thermite.
Zangetsu

James looked up as they arived. "I wonder what awaits us on this ship." he said as he stood. "They different packs are great each with advateges and disadvanteges. However they are best used as a team to cover each others weaknesses."
"Paladin Anderson, Executioner Anderson, Bayonet Anderson, Dust to Dust Anderson, Assassin Anderson, Regenerator Anderson, Killing Judge Anderson"-Millennium Soldiers
Dark Duel

"An excellent point." Lukas replied. "For example, the long-range destructive capability of the Doppelhorn makes it a good complement to the Aile, which has far greater mobility, making it an excellent equipment for high-speed, medium-to-close-quarters battle."
He's an intelligent one, very different from the overconfident throttle-jocks you usually see in the Alliance MS forces Lukas thought to himself. A good point.

"I have not, as of yet, met the Captain of the Mancini." he then said, addressing Stan. "However, I certainly hope he's less...unconventional than the Admiral."
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
EZero8

There was a long pause between Darrell and his allies as they all seemed to be observing their MS. But one can only stare at their machine for so long before they get bored. The more Darrell thought about it, the more he felt that this fleet was already showing cracks in its structure.

"So... I'm hoping we have plans other than to sit and wait," Darrell says, his boredom slipping through with his words.

"Of course, considering that the Rear Admiral's behavior is far from normal, I can't expect much to happen around here."
ShadowCell wrote:"Poor fool, ShadowCell!" you say. "You can't win against fandom stupidity with the Power of the Mod!"
Sume Gai

Turkle
-Bridge-

Harken enters the Bridge; it's been almost a day since his talk with Rear Admiral Hiroshi

"Communications Officer Michail, Please send this message to the rest of the fleet ASAP" Harken pushes a disk towards the red haired ensign who quickly responds as he grabs at the disk (missing twice before finally grabbing it) "Y-Y-Yes Sir!"

Harken, somewhat amused at the Coms Officer's lack of 0-G coordination, nearly smiles but then turns and floats toward the Captain's chair. He glances at his XO and speaks again "prepare the Ship-wide PA and stand by"

Harken watches as his orders are quickly carried out and after the short buzz of activity dies down he nods to XO Hayes who presses a switch activating the PA.

"this is Captain Harken" he begins "within the next two days the Turkle will be the target of a mock attack by the rest of the 14th fleet; this is a test the admiral and I have agreed upon. There will be six targets on the hull which our teams will defend from attack: the port and starboard Thrusters; the port and starboard catapults; the Magazine and the Bridge. all units will be equipped with nothing but a paint ball rifle, however, anyone who does not take this seriously will be reprimanded severely. until further notice we are at level 2 battle stations. That is all."

XO Hayes presses the switch again cutting off the PA and then releases her held breath. "Captain shouldn't they be at a higher alert; and if you have a scheduled time shouldn't you tell them?" Harken stares at the XO before responding "I'm trying to be as realistic as possible, so I don't want to give them a clear time and I also want to see how fast the crew can go from level 2 to level 1 battle stations. Any other questions?" Hayes merely responds "no sir!" and returns to her duties.
Zangetsu

"I have not, as of yet, met the Captain of the Mancini." he then said, addressing Stan. "However, I certainly hope he's less...unconventional than the Admiral."
"I know." said James "It's nice to know that I wasn't the only one, it seamed akward to. So when do we get to try out our new Daggers? I can't wait to fly one."
"Paladin Anderson, Executioner Anderson, Bayonet Anderson, Dust to Dust Anderson, Assassin Anderson, Regenerator Anderson, Killing Judge Anderson"-Millennium Soldiers