Episode I: Moon Below, Stars Above [Atlas]

Where old RPGs go when they die and move on to the afterlife.
The Loser Villain

-Girty Lue-class Nosi-
-Hangar-

As Jack and Kyle began to talk, Chien finally caught notice of the wave that had entered the hangar. She was good looking, not at all like the women he'd seen growing up. Of course as he paid attention in her direction he saw Kyle enter his field of vision and head straight towards her.

"Hey I'll catch you two later. I should meet with my own teammates."

Chien smirked as Kyle made a b-line for her Mobile Suit.

"You see the hot chick that just walked in? I think Kyle wants to get a piece of that ass. Rather not c*ck-block him, as it's pretty evident that he won't get anything from that little tease."

He couldn't help but chuckle at Jack's spot on observation. Chien got a kick out of his sense of humor.

Jack then gave him a nudge and motioned towards another pilot perched a top a Dagger L.

"What's that spaz staring at?"

"Haha, who knows, maybe he...." was all Chien could get out before the sound of a wrench was pounded against a catwalk.

He quickly shifted his attention to the source of the noise and then listened to what Commander O'Connor had to say. One thing quickly caught his attention, and that was: "It's gonna be a smash n grab job. We want to get in and out quick, but the bigger a production we make out of it the bigger the headlines'll be. We're gonna make a bigger statement... a louder statement... than any of Ol' Lady Waters' songs ever did or ever will."

It was just the thing Chien wanted to hear, and he couldn't contain the grin that had spread across his face.

"Well," he said to Jack, "I guess the fun is about ready to begin."
"Kamille, if it wasn't for you...." Jerid's last words

"You bastard... You don't get it! I'm... I'm special! I'm famous! I'm the king of mock battles!" Patrick
ORegan

Jack tried to listen to Chien, but his voice was overshadowed by the loud clanging of metal on metal. He turned around and saw that O'Conner guy holding a wrench with a s**t eating grin on his face.

"Christ, not this stiff again" He thought to himself as Captain or whatever rank he was started to babble on. For everyone's enjoyment, I'll give you Jack's commentary.

"Pilots every one of you. Can't leave the machines alone, can ya? They call to you... they call for the blood of our enemies. They know they're tools of war. You don't get this feeling from a work pod. Nosiree."

"What the hell is this guy yammering on about? Was he smoking joints before he got out here? "

"I think I may have convinced our illustrious leader to see things our way. It's gonna be a smash n grab job. We want to get in and out quick, but the bigger a production we make out of it the bigger the headlines'll be. We're gonna make a bigger statement... a louder statement... than any of Ol' Lady Waters' songs ever did or ever will."

"Liking the idea of the quick mission, but the rest of these rejects can go about destroying s**t, I'll just grab the whore and be done with it. But thanks for putting me on the spot, jerk, I guess that's as close to a shout out as I'll ever get."

"I have taken the liberty of uploading what data we have on the Copernicus City, particularly the facility and its surroundings, to the computers in your mobile suits. You should find all the information about the mission you need in the Daggers' data banks. Our programmers have been able to come up with a rough simulation of the insertion, but after that we'll have to play it by ear as the situation develops. You can do that."

"Good, I was going to ask him about this later. At least now I don't have to be alone in a closed environment with lunatic."

"Commit those maps to memory. We'll have to be more familiar with the streets of Copernicus than the people who live there. Despite the demands of this particular mission, I'm not worried in the least about it. I expect every man to do his duty, and I trust you to meet my expectations.
"

"You won't have to be worried because I'll get the science slut myself. I really don't care about what the rest of these idiots do out there."

"If you see anyone around who wasn't here to hear this, let them know about the data. If you don't let them know, I'll let them know, then tan your hide for forgetting to pass on vital information. Don't make me have to do that, please."

"Then make an announcement on the PA SYSTEM!"

When O'Conner left Jack's only comment to Chien was "Wow, the only useful things he told us in that entire speech was that the maps are in the Mobile Suits, and that this will be a quick mission. Other than that he only accomplished to yak on like my grandma."
mcred23 wrote: Well... it's official: O'Regan is the next Hitler.
WhiteWingDemon wrote: Not to start anything, seeing as that is O'Regan's job...
ShadowCell wrote: O'Regan, quit hitting on other users.
Orrick Alexander wrote: Did anyone know that O'Regan is the reason there's no air in space?
Omnislasher

Before Aura even had the chance to reply to Ryder, the CO had made his prominent appearance and laid down the law with a certain dictator-esque demeanor. The mission was practically put there in front of them, with the necessary research inside each of their Dagger L units. Fair enough, it gave Aura more time to spend around her machine, and make any more adjustments to the system for the combat they would be involved with. Primary amongst those, which she could already predict, was a rapid change from space to gravity environment when going in to attack, and then back again during the retreat.

She faced Ryder and smiled again. "Guess that's it. I'm going to get a bite to eat before I brief myself. See you around, Lieutenant," she said with a light touch of sweetness. She kicked off from the gantry and headed for the exit. She was going to fill her gut was some food, take a shower and then make for her Dagger Elle again. Simple plan, assuming no further interruptions for a chance to flirt with a pretty girl. Although, despite that line of thought, she could only imagine the dark things she could go about if Ryder was the one to come see her again...

He wanted to see her first, and he would be the one to pay the price...
I'd like to think I'm a forgiving person...

...but thought and action are two different things...
Cardi Doorl

- Girty Lue-class Nosi -
- Mobile Suit Bay -

Enzo was clenching his fist and slowly counting down when the Commander starting clanging away and making his proclamations.

Enzo never much liked Commander O'Connor. The man was strict, and to an impetuous 19-year-old, that was a distasteful quality. Regardless, Enzo never gave much thought to the fact that he always picked up his feet and energetically followed any orders O'Connor gave without question.

O'Connor's passing remark about work pods brought an unconscious smirk to the green-haired greenhorn's face. Enzo remembered his early training after Atlas quietly accepted him into their ranks. He'd had to learn work pods under O’Connor, in space and on the Lunar surface, before they'd allowed him flight time in an actual mobile suit. Commander O'Connor's words reminded him of the rather drastic difference in feel between the two.

The Commander confirmed that they were, in fact, going with a direct raid. Enzo's nerves tingled at the confirmation. There had indeed been rumors that the people in charge were in disagreement over how, exactly, they would capture that scientist. Heart pounding in his chest, Enzo realized he was now unnervingly close to his first time in an actual fight.

Once O’Connor left, Enzo was compelled to look at the mentioned city maps. He wanted to pore over them and make sure he did everything he could perfectly, but instead he lowered himself down from his Dagger L and approached Chien and Jack. He brought himself just close enough that it was clear he was in on the conversation, but far enough back that he was clearly waiting for acknowledgement before he added in anything.
RPG TRINARY: Gaia
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: Cardi Doorl

Make sure to check out the RPG section!
Kylern

She was already on the move before he could say anything again... Just a 'See you around' and then she took off. "Alright I'll do that!" He called back as she disappeared out the door and into the ship major leaving him standing there on the catwalk feeling rather silly.

"What was all that about? He asked himself mentally realizing he had just been twirled around the girls finger. But even if he knew that it still didn't register as a problem. He just assumed he had made a new friend, a very beautiful friend at that. Maybe he had fallen for the red haired gal without really realizing it.

Then after he was alone long enough to regather himself again he decided to take the Commander's advice and get to work. There was a map in the Dagger's computer and he needed to get to studying since their job was probably the initial assault and pave the way for the other team to grab the scientist. No problem because he was ready to cause as much mass destruction as possible and he was ready to take down any enemy unit that stood in his way.

Looking over he noticed the guys from before all standing around chatting. Though instead of going over to talk to them and getting a mouthful from them about the girl he made his way to his own Dagger L and climbed in. He was going to spend the next bit of time studying the map and plotting his attack route.
When the books are written will we be on the right side of history?
Totally Awesome Random Robot RPG
The Loser Villain

- Girty Lue-class Nosi -
- Mobile Suit Bay -

"Wow, the only useful things he told us in that entire speech was that the maps are in the Mobile Suits, and that this will be a quick mission. Other than that he only accomplished to yak on like my grandma."

"Hahahaha I've heard him prattle on before, but you're right," he said in response to Jack, "I don't know, maybe he's trying to psych us up or something."

Chien then noticed that the pilot Jack had referred to as a 'spaz' had come floated over to where they were talking.

"Hey," he said to Enzo, "You okay? You look a little on edge."

"You bastard... You don't get it! I'm... I'm special! I'm famous! I'm the king of mock battles!" Patrick
ORegan

Jack made a grunt of a laugh replying to Chein with "If he wanted to entice me, he should have waved some cash in my face."

It was at that time that Chien acknowledged the presence of the kid who was eyeballing them earlier. Somehow he approached them as quietly as a cat on the prowl.

He decided to see what the spaz said first before making any remarks towards him.
Orrick Alexander wrote: Did anyone know that O'Regan is the reason there's no air in space?
Cardi Doorl

- Girty Lue-class Nosi -
- Mobile Suit Bay -

"Huh?" Enzo's head darted to face Chien. Even though he'd been trying to edge into the conversation, the acknowledgement still managed to catch Enzo off guard. "Uh, no! No. I'm, uh, just fine. Ready to go out there and get this done, you know?"
RPG TRINARY: Gaia
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: Cardi Doorl

Make sure to check out the RPG section!
Strike Zero

Seth watched as Commander O'Connor exited back the way he came. The man offered some inspiring words. But words did little to define a man's character. Seth was very interested in seeing how O'Connor would perform as their leader... whether or not the man was worthy of Seth's service and loyalty.

But first, there was something that had been on his mind ever since he arrived on this ship and learned of their mission. Something that he felt he had to address now. He pushed off the wall and started after the commander. As he floated down the hallways, he spotted him several meters ahead.

"Commander," he called out. "May I have a word?"
Thundermuffin wrote:SETSUNA: There is no Tomino in this world.
Kylern

Sitting in the cockpit of the Dagger L the Lt. brought up the map that was in their MS computers. As it came up he started to go through the series of intell and maps. Using the computer system's mouse ball he started to draw potential pathways through the city towards their target as well as map out defenses. He wasn't a fan of the kill them all approach the Commander was advocating because that meant labeling them Terrorists. Kyle preferred to be known as an insurgent fighting the enemy militaries and continuing the war. This all rubbed his badly and to a point he started to question why be was hanging out with this group.

"I hope I'm doing the right thing..." He asked himself as he finished mapping out an attack route and determining how to move with avoiding civilian causalities. He just wanted to destroy the military force stationed their and let the others deal with the massacre that might follow.

Leaning back and giving a sigh he stared at everything in the cockpit. This was going to be a long day and an even longer year.
The Loser Villain

- Girty Lue-class Nosi -
- Mobile Suit Bay -

"If he wanted to entice me, he should have waved some cash in my face."

Chien had to muster up a straight face, but one could easily tell he was holding back a laugh. Unless of course you were Enzo:

"Huh?" Enzo's head darted to face Chien. Even though he'd been trying to edge into the conversation, the acknowledgement still managed to catch Enzo off guard. "Uh, no! No. I'm, uh, just fine. Ready to go out there and get this done, you know?"

"Really now," he said to the young pilot, "Because I think you're just about ready to freak out. But I tell ya guy, don't worry about a thing. Nobody suspects a thing. We'll catch them with their pants down and they won't be able to react fast enough to put up a fight."

Chien then cleared his throat, "Of course, there is always the chance you could get shot down as well. But take solace in the fact that you wouldn't feel that much pain, well so long as you don't get cleaved in half by an Anti-Ship sword," he said with a smirk.

"But hey, I'm new to Mobile Suit combat myself, so there's a good chance I could get funeralized too." Chien then realized he didn't get the guys name, "So, what's your name, huh?"
Last edited by The Loser Villain on Tue May 06, 2008 11:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ascension

"Commander, may I have a word?"

Matt turned to face his subordinate.

"Certainly, Lieutenant... Naiman, wasn't it? I've been meaning to speak to you about the mission for days now, but Waters has been on my back since we launched..."

Matt pulled a clipboard out of a satchel at his side and handed it to Seth.

"You're going to have your hands full commanding B Team... Watch out for Daniels, especially. It's essential that he doesn't learn any details of our true plan. All he is to know is 'Get the girl, keep the girl.' Got that?"
Don't call it a comeback...
...in fact, it's best if you forget I was ever here before.
Strike Zero

Seth gave a curt nod. "Understood, sir. However..."

The lieutenant paused, briefly wondering whether or not he should continue. He quickly pushed the worry aside and continued.

"There is an issue I have with the mission plan. While I agree that we should exit as quickly as possible once we've secured Dr. McCrowan, I do not believe that we should engage and destroy civilian targets. If we do so, our unit will be taking a dangerous and completely unnecessary risk."
Omnislasher

Fortunately, the wandering eyes had ceased after Aura had left the hanger and went back into the depths of the Nozi. Most of the lowly engineers and operations workers didn't dare look at her, as an officer a pilot with the ability to kill effortlessly. She was glad for that, for she didn't want to have play around and fill the role of her persona like she did around the Lieutenant. It was a mental drain on her sometimes, especially this close to a battle.

When she arrived at the mess hall and found something half-eatable, she found a seat in the back corner and started to slowly work it away, trying to find the flavour in such bland food offered to them. It was a marvel why she tolerated these terrorists like this when all she really needed to was to exact her revenge on some Coordinators. Just enough, she hoped, to fill that gaping hole in her soul that had been tore into her when those men had worked her body through like a piece of meat.

'Where will I go, anyways...?' she wondered, thinking about what and where she could go after Atlas made its ultimate move. Home was kinda out of the question...too many of those haunting images had been from there. One of the neutral nations? Probably, it'd be the only way for her to slip into the background and take cover as the dust would settle.

A shrugged came about her shoulders, her thoughts flying through a few different ideas on a few different topics. Besides the aftermath, she had divulged ideas into plans with the Lieutenant. He was malleable, as it were. And she could use him well enough...

Further contemplation was necessary, but for now she needed to take a shower and head back to Dagger Elle to see the low-down on the coming mission.

ORegan

Jack laughed at Enzo's remark about being ready, especially when it was followed by Chien's little comment.

"You two both aren't ready for this mission. Neither am I. Unless whatever this kid's name is already studied the map, we'll all be going in there blind at this state."
Kylern

"Despite my dislike of this I do have to work hard to make sure all these kids come back alive. Their not soldiers and its up to me to help keep them out of trouble." Kyle thought it over in his head and realized that even if he wanted to complain this was his job. Not just his job but his duty to keep them alive... That meant working hard and killing whoever he needed to kill to get ahead. Plus he would be working close with that girl which put him in a harder position. He had to protect her because he would be devestated if he let her die... Wait why did he care about that? He was a survivor and he only had to make sure he lived in the end. This was all eating him inside and he shook his head to get his mind together.

"I need to fight and I need to win." He told himself going back through the data and figuring more out. He needed a full proof plan to get through this and to neutralize the hostile threats. Any enemy unit would fall to him just like the ZAFT ones did in the war. He was a special pilot and he had enough strength to completely destroy his enemy.
Ascension

"I do not believe that we should engage and destroy civilian targets. If we do so, our unit will be taking a dangerous and completely unnecessary risk."

"Dangerous? There's a reason they call them civilian targets, you know... they don't shoot back. Look, I know some of the men are probably squeamish about firing on civilians, but we don't have the luxury of fighting fair. We can't meet our enemies on their terms, so we have to force them to accept our terms... and there's no better way to draw them out than to make the mad, and there's no better way to make them mad than to fire on that city. It's not pretty, but we have to do it. After all, you can't bake a cake without cracking a few eggs."

Matt shrugged.

"Besides, most of the folks down there are either coordinators or coordinator sympathizers. They're just as much our enemies as the ones who have guns. The world won't be pure until they're all dead, one way or the other. We're here to pull the trigger of the gun that will cleanse the world. If you're not willing to do that, I don't know what to say to you."

Matt turned to go.

"If your pilots give you too much flak, remind them that it'll be the ships doing most of the shooting anyway."
Don't call it a comeback...
...in fact, it's best if you forget I was ever here before.
Strike Zero

"Dangerous? There's a reason they call them civilian targets, you know... they don't shoot back. Look, I know some of the men are probably squeamish about firing on civilians, but we don't have the luxury of fighting fair."

That's not what he meant. Instead of wasting time firing on civilians, they should instead move to put as much distance between them and the city as possible. A group of EAF ships and with them a small contingent of mobile suits were floating but a scant few kilometers away. While their Daggers were destroying the city, the Alliance's own mobile suits--which severely outnumbered them--would swoop in and engage. It was a sure fire way to get a number of them killed.

"Besides," the commander continued, "most of the folks down there are either coordinators or coordinator sympathizers. They're just as much our enemies as the ones who have guns. The world won't be pure until they're all dead, one way or the other. We're here to pull the trigger of the gun that will cleanse the world. If you're not willing to do that, I don't know what to say to you."

Seth remained silent.

The commander turned to leave. "If your pilots give you too much flak, remind them that it'll be the ships doing most of the shooting anyway."

Seth nodded once more, snapped off a salute, then slowly headed back the way they came.

If this was the commanders decision, then so be it. It simply meant that he'd have to work that much harder to make sure nobody under his command was killed.
Wedge14

-The Nosi-
-Main Bridge-

The communication's officer suddenly jumped up from his seat.

He quickly glanced at the captain's chair. The captain was off duty. Lt. Wayans was sitting in the captain's place. He was a veteran of the past war. His right arm was severely injured somehow, and now barely functioned. The man didn't seem to be concered about the coordinator threat but just avenging his own injuries.

"Lt. Wayans!!! We have a coded message...."

"Transmit it on the main screen. Contact Waters and O'Connor. This is more likely the vital information we've been waiting for.." Wayans said opening up a few com lines.

The young communication officer fumbled with at his station. "Should the pilots go on standby?"

"That's not my call. But from what I can see...Operation Thymine is upon us."
RPG Trinary:Creepy Zeon Magician

I'm cool, just ask anybody.

Oh and check out the RPG Section!
Omnislasher

Well, it had in fact taken longer than Aura was willing to admit to actually go about that shower and gear up for her return to the hanger. Fighting her way into the tight pink jumpsuit didn't help matters much either. Sometimes, she had wished she just went the typical way of a raped woman and tried to be as ordinary and unappealing as possible. It would have saved her plenty of time that was otherwise being wasted away. But alas, she hadn't gone that route, favoring the idea of manipulation through her beauty over everything.

When she had left her quarters, the hustle going on throughout the ship signaled Aura to hurry back to the hanger and get through those maps as soon as she could. Things were speeding up, and it was no doubt for the coming assault that would happening within the hour, no doubt.

She made one final kick off the way to launch her into the hanger and then another off the landing to aim for her machine, taking as little time as possible to prop the cockpit door open and slip inside, punching in to bring up the map of the mission area.

Cramming at its worst, she mused...