TARRRPG Chapter 7: A new path (Earth)

Where old RPGs go when they die and move on to the afterlife.
Wingnut

TARRRPG Chapter 7: A new path (Earth)

((New chapter time. This thread will be for actions that happen on Earth only. If a character goes to space, then their actions should be posted in that thread.))
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
Sume Gai

Gai had just finished setting up the Simulators when Tallis Walked in.

"What did you want, Gai?"

"I said I teach you to pilot didn't I? well we'd better get started."

"this soon?"

"well we could wait if you want, but I don't see any benefit to waiting."

"it's not that. I just didn't think..."

Tallis trailed off for a moment.

"You're right no point to waiting; tell me what I need to do"

Gai indicated the Simulator she would be using and began to explain the exercise While Tallis clearly pleased seemed to be hanging on his every word.

Wan Fey Lo

Wan smiled at the announcement; "Anti-Gundam Taskforce" was exactly where he needed to be. He just hoped the one in charge wasn't a fool like so many of the Fandom commanders.
"If You are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve" -Captain Harlock

"I like the SAGA. Its what Rambo would pilot if he was in Gundam 00" -Kylern
Zangetsu

Zangetsu had been dispointed in his performance last battle. He decided to change that by progressing with his newtype powers. In Sonicscream's cockpit he trained vigoressly to better atune his senses. It wasn't great but, he was confident he could manage a couple funnels if he had them. Satified with himself he decided to get up and find someone on the team to talk to.

Durning his walk through the halls he found Gai with Tallis near some odd looking machine. "Hey guys whats up?" he asked.
Sume Gai

Sume Gai

"We're just going to do a simulation; now if you'll excuse us"

Tallis entered the closer Simulator and Gai began moving across to another one.
"If You are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve" -Captain Harlock

Zangetsu

"Mind if I watch? I bored and don't have anything else to do." asked Zangetsu
Sume Gai

Sume Gai

"I guess so, Is that alright with you Tallis?"

Tallis was a bit nervous with just Gai judging her but now Zangetsu too? She swallowed and decided to ignore it.

"Yeah it's fine."

Zangetsu

"Okay I'll stand back and watch." Zangetsu turned to Tallis "What mech are you planing to fly?"
SNT1

--Slug--

Slowly but surely, Slugger steps out of his mobile suit, his hands in the air, and MP units in the Ceres pointed at him, ready to shoot him dead at the slightest wrong move. Of course, this is standard procedure (or at least, should be) when a mercenary claims he's on your side, even with his proof wired in to the higher ups.

Walking towards the guards, they then ease up, check his ID, and in a few moments, gets cleared. Slug first asks... "Where's the snack bar?" He looks around and sees units of different sizes, colors, armaments. Awed, he feels like he just wants to chop them up and make a super robot out of all of them.

Slug shakes off his glazed gaze...
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
Sume Gai

Sume Gai Tallis Stenner

rather than answer Zangetsu directly gai started up the simulation revealing the two in Jegans; after a few seconds Zangetsu might recognize it as a basic training program used to teach new pilots the basics.

"alright the first bit is target practice. This is simple; aim and shoot but watch your 'ammo'. The Jegan uses an E-cap in it's rifle and will charge over time but it is still easy to lose track of how many shots you have and find yourself empty at a bad time"

hellbore

-Hellbore-

The mechanics and technicians of the Ceres had finally moved the Freedom Kai, clearing up the catapult for future use. They began work on the damaged ankle joint almost immediately. Hellbore had wandered away sometime before, the novelty of the task soon wearing off. At the other end of the hanger a group of MP's were surrounding a Mobile Suit He had never seen before. A pilot climbed out, was cleared, and the MPs moved off. The pilot stood staring around him at the buzz of the activity surrounding the varied mobile weapons of the Ceres.

Hellbore moved up to him and offered his hand and said, "Hi, welcome aboard the Ceres. They call me 'Hellbore'."
Zangetsu

Zangetsu saw the Jegans 'Ah, basic training. Time to see how good Tallis is fighting with machine instead of fixing it.' he thought.
Lowind

"The drugs. They don't work at all. Instead of increasing my newtype ability it seemed to have dampen them instead, as well as causes near suicidal-high depression." Lowind said to the Newtype Research representative on the other end of the connection, trying his best to keep calm. And some weird fourth wall awareness into the mix, but who would believe me? he thought.

"That is only to be expected." The scientist said while checking something on a list. "Our drugs are highly experimental, and given the lack of much in-depth knowledge about NT powers it is mostly trial and error. But I will apologise for any suffering you endured as a result of the drug."

Freeze frame, please. My narrator rights allow me to tell you that the man was checking "Newtype Suppression Drug" and had ticked "Successful". He also happens to be thinking "Idiot. Did you think we would really give you any power boost when you want it, guinea pig?" Best to say it in here, before Lowind gets any fourth wall relapse and learns this part of the storyline before he should. Okay, back to the conversation.

Lowind seemed to grumble. "I understand. So do you want me to continue the dosage?"

"No need for that, Captain. That drug has been proven to be a failure, anyway. Don't worry, we will send you a new package later. Take that with the same dosage as the current one. We would like to hear your response to it shortly."

"Great. So he is playing me for a fool. What have I got myself into...?" Lowind thought. Wait, what? Was he supposed to know this plotline already? Don't tell me he heard it from here?

Testing meta talk 1 2 3... Ok. Nope, Narrator, I didn't hear this plotline from the fourth wall, it is not your fault. But can you please close that zip? It is EXTREMELY distracting.

ACK! *Sound of door opening in a great hurry*

There he goes. Gotta do the outro by myself...

"But I asked them myself for any chance to improve this useless body. I can't back out now."

"<Captain, we will be arriving at Hawaii shortly, please come to the bridge.>"
Sume Gai

Sume Gai/Tallis Stenner

The simulation continued. Tallis had shown to be a very good shot even at long ranges. After that they did basic maneuvers; Tallis' maneuvers proved relatively sluggish but that would change with experience. They were now working on melee combat; Like her movements her saber attacks were somewhat sloppy but you could tell she was learning and improving.

During a short reprieve Gai spoke up.

"You said you didn't make the cut earlier but you certainly have so far."

"Well you don't fix them without learning some things."

Zangetsu

Zangetsu spoke up. "I'm impressed. I wouldn't have thought it'd be possible to fail with what you just did. You definatly show promising skills as a pilot, Tallis great job."
Kylern

-DC Sub-

Hands in his pockets he listened to a rather interesting conversation about D&D between the three. Poor Alex was lost but the seemed not so much once he realized it was just a game. And this girl was rather obsessed with it, but that was alright. He was sure she probably cosplayed and went to conventions too. He never would be caught dead at one because the people that went were just a bit to into it for his sanity.

"So what do you think of the Unicorn and its Destroy Mode? I've heard it has a Full Psycho Frame and boasts incredible ability increases when it unleashes its full power." He was interested in the unit because it was one of the most powerful NT weapons from what he had read back home. While he had never read Gundam Unicorn he guessed enough of its abilities through blogs and such. His own unit was nothing compared to what the Destroy Mode could bring to the field and he was jealous. But then again he wasn't a Newtype either and would never be able to use such a weapon anyways. He would have to settle with with own rare VR and its incredibly versitile PSWS beam launcher/sword.
When the books are written will we be on the right side of history?
Totally Awesome Random Robot RPG
Strike Zero

- Somewhere over the Atlantic Ocean -

Strike and Stellar had been flying over the ocean on Sleds for about an hour now, and frankly, it was starting to piss him off that they hadn't been able to find anyone since leaving the Fandom instalation in Africa. Their GuAIZs were starting to run out of fuel, and if they didn't find someplace to land soon, they were in deep trouble.

He checked his gauge again. "Damn. I'm almost empty. Stellar, what's your mobile suit at?"

Stellar checked. "Fifteen percent fuel capacity."

"Wait, what?!" Strike exclaimed. "Why does yours have so much more fuel than mine?!"

Stellar gave an apologetic shrug.

Strike sighed. "Oh well. Land's not too far off. I should be able to make it there before--"

Suddenly, an alarm sounded through the cockpit, and the fuel gauge started to blink red. Just as Strike was about to check the problem, the sled's engines began emitting a low whining noise, as if it was sick. Then, to Strike's utter shock, the engines abruptly cut and he was left floating in midair without any propulsion.

Strike stared at the controls in disbelief. "...You've gotta kidding--"

The GuAIZ jerked and dropped like a rock, falling towards the ocean at a rapidly increasing velocity.

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO" *KA-DOOSH*

"Don't. Say. A word." Strike grunted as he pressed himself against the side of Stellar's GuAIZ's cockpit.

After that, the flight was pretty uneventful for a long while... that is, until their radar started acting up. It flashed once with static then went dead alltogether.

"The hell? Is something jamming us?" Strike pressed a few buttons. Nothing happened. He looked ahead, trying to spot whatever it might be, but there was heavy cloud cover up ahead and he couldn't see anything. "All ahead full," he said. "There's gotta be something there."

They pushed through the clouds for a few more seconds. Finally, they came out of it... and found themselves staring down the nose of an airship about four hundred meters in length.

"HOLY SH*T!" Strike exclaimed. "Turn! Evade! Do something! Just get us OUT of here!"

Stellar complied, slamming on the thrusters and pulling a wide one-hundred and eighty degree turn in mid-air. As they attempted to escape, Strike turned back to look at monstrous vessel. "I know that ship... that's the Fandom's heavy command cruiser! The Thanatos!"

- Thanatos -
- Bridge -

"Well, what do we have here?" Leon said as he observed the tiny mobile suit do an about face and speed off in the opposite direction. He strode up to the communications console and opened a channel with it. "Attention mobile suit pilot. State your identification, and your reason for being here in this airspace."

Silence, then, "Umm... we're sorry, but the number you have dialed is currently out of service. Please hang up and dial again." Then the line went dead.

"Oh ho... interesting," Leon said. "Up for a game of cat-and-mouse, Captain Lister?"

The captain activated the ship's PA system. "Vindicator squadron, prepare to launch and intercept a rouge mobile suit."

Leon paused for a moment, thinking. "Tell them not to kill the target, just to slow it down until I can get up there."

"Sir?" Lister said, turning.

"I'd like to find out who that is, and I can't very well do that if we vaporize him, now can I?" Leon turned and headed for the exit. "Don't worry. This should only take a couple minutes."

"Ah, crap, their launching GN-X's," Strike groaned as he observed the ship. "Gun it! Get us out of here!"

Even as Stellar pushed the engines to the maximum, Strike knew it was hopeless. They wouldn't get very far with the fuel that they had, and GN-Xs were faster than a GuAIZ on a sled anyway. They could try fighting, but they were seriously outnumbered and outgunned. In short, no matter what they did, they were dead.

It didn't take long for the GN-X's to surround them and open fire. Stellar returned in kind, taking aim at the GN-X that had moved in front of them. The enemy mobile suit merely danced around the shots, returning fire with its own beam rifle. Luckily, the shots went wide, a few of them only glancing blows at best. A second GN-X came up on their side, weapon blazing. Stellar dodged by performing a mid-air somersault, then climbing higher. However, the shots were also way off mark. Either these guys were really bad, or they weren't even trying to hit them, and Strike had the sinking feeling that they weren't so lucky as for it to be the former.

"They're just toying with us... they know it's only a matter of time before they win," Strike grumbled. "Well, let's give 'em a run for their money at least!"

The mobile suits danced around each other, filling the space between them with hot energy. One GN-X tried to come up behind them with its beam saber. Stellar parried with her own blade, and swung behind her just in time to deflect a blow from another GN-X's saber.

"Stellar," Strike said. "When the next one comes, detatchh the shield, throw it at him, then shoot it. The explosion should knock him off balance long enough for us to break through!"

The next GN-X decided to approach from the front, making it even easier. Stellar did as instructed, jettisoning the shield and launching it at the enemy mobile suit. Before he could bat it away, however, Stellar fired, the shot connected, and the shield exploded into a large fireball.

"That's the way!" Strike cried. "Now let's get 'em!"

"Oh, I don't think so," a familliar voice said over the COM.

Strike looked around, finally spotting the black and red Variable Fighter coming at them from above. "Oh no--"

"KEE-YAH!" Leon whooped as he brought the Sturmvogel's leg down for a mid-air drop kick, which landed perfectly, smashing the GuAIZ's head and knocking it from atop its sled. As it plummeted, Strike realized that as they had fought, the GN-X's had drawn them back towards the Thanatos--it was now flying a scant fifty meters below them. They fell for only a few seconds before crashing hard onto the massive airship's deck.

Strike's ears were ringing badly. He shook his head, trying to clear his vision. "You okay?" he asked Stellar. Shakily, she sat up and nodded.

The GN-Xs followed them down to the deck, landing in a tight circle around them, rifles raised.

"Umm...." Strike keyed the COM. "Parley?"

"Hah, nice," came a voice from above, amplified by external speakers. Strike looked up and spotted the Sturmvogel floating above them in its GERWALK mode.

Leon chuckled as he looked at the hapless form of the GuAIZ, now thoroughly wrecked. "I have to admit, that was some pretty fancy flying back there. Tell me... you wouldn't happen to be from the Gundam Team, now would you?"

"Well, I suppose there's no point in hiding it," Strike replied. "Yes, we are in fact from the Gundam team."

"It's too bad you didn't have a better mobile suit. It would have made for an interesting fight. But, that's gonna have to wait. For now, mister Gundam pilot, welcome to the Thanatos," Leon said, gesturing towards the ship with the VF's hand. "I certainly hope that you enjoy your stay."
Thundermuffin wrote:SETSUNA: There is no Tomino in this world.
Wingnut

- Hawaii Fandom base -

The small aircraft carrying one Charles Gordon aka the Red Eagle arrived on the secondary airstrip shortly before the mock battle began.
It then taxied over to the hanger area where another Fandom officer was waiting.

Upon Charles exiting the plane the officer greeted him warmly.
"Welcome to Hawaii, Major. It's been a long time."

"Too long, Styke. I hear you have a present for me." replied Gordon.

"Right this way."

Styke lead Gordon to the hanger where a new mobile suit awaited.

Gordon whistled in appreciation of the new unit. "You even had it painted for me."

"Yes sir. They call this suit "Tallgeese". It's the latest unit to be sucked through the puddle, and has performance stats that are well beyond anything currently in use."

The pair was interrupted by the noise from the mock battle outside as one of the planes got close to the hanger.

"Those guys are part of that anti-Gundam unit you're going to lead sir." said Styke.

"Then I had better go and meet them." said Charles as he walked out of the hanger and over towards where the groups of pilots were meeting.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
Strike_Rouge_Mk2

"Heh..sorry, I'm a bad loser...that was good." He was interrupted by a transmission announcing about a " Anti-Gundam taskforce " or something.

Gundams? We cant even hold our own against our allies! I'm hoping this isn't our reason for being here..Mao was feeling uneasy about having his team fight in the Falkens against something like a Gundam, however the others were still hot headed at their current defeat.
Zeonic Glory wrote:Sorry to ask this but, what does kawaii mean?
Be kawaii and visit the Art and Multimedia section.
SNT1

"Hi, welcome aboard the Ceres. They call me 'Hellbore'."

"Slugger, pleasure," Slug replies.

After the brief introduction, he continues his trek around the ship, scouting around ever so slightly...
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
Cybaster

Tokyo, Fandom Staging Area
Ishikawa Shigetaka's Quarters

"So...even you fail from time to time."

Ishikawa frowned and turned around from his desk into the darkness of that corner of his room, leaning back against his chair inquisitively at the man standing within it. The man did not flinch at all within Ishikawa's scrutinizing glare. "The mission was perfect," Ishikawa simply said, turning around in disdain and writing some more notes on the document on his desk. "It was supposed to be perfect, and would've gone off without a hinch if not for a combination of factors. The Gundam Team I've accounted for in my calculations --- they should've been enough to overwhelm the Ceres. But here's the curious thing..."

Ishikawa turned around again. The glare returned. "The Divine Crusaders were being kept busy on multiple fronts at the time, so...how did they mobilize to Lune Zoldark's defence so quickly? They wouldn't have had been able to get there in time given the tight window unless they were tipped off to the ambush..."

"It doesn't matter what caused it, Ishikawa. You failed." Was all Dreamer said.

"Don't give me that, Dreamer..." Ishikawa smiled wryly. "Or should I say Colonel Morpheus of the Divine Crusaders? I can't prove it, Morpheus, but I know you're involved in that debacle somehow. You really need to get your loyalties straight, first you join the DC, and then you decide that the DC isn't working for you and come to me...and then you go and do this."

Dreamer...Morpheus...smiled smugly in turn. "If that's what you think, Ishikawa, then you're free to try and shoot me." A pause. "But I did what I promised, and it was as close anyone in the Fandom got to Lune Zoldark as had ever --- and it was me who allowed you to pull it off and gave you bragging rights. Who else would give you that chance, Ishikawa? Judge my intentions as you will, of course."

Ishikawa fell silent and turned around again, continuing to scribe documents. "...No matter. I had Lune once, she can always be attacked again. I've proved my point to the DC --- they'll be a little more fearful of the Fandom now, and the Fandom will know better than to believe that Bian is invulnerable."

"Yes." Morpheus took a step forward, partially revealing himself in the light. "...But I delivered, Ishikawa, and upheld my end of the bargain. It's time you honored your own part."

Silence.

"Hmmmmm..." Ishikawa's head lifted upwards thoughtfully, amused; Finally, his hand closed the file on his desk, revealing the file's title to his eyes again. "That one surprised me as well. So in exchange for Lune...you wanted first dibs at this theoretical world that you said the Psybuster came from? I just have to wonder...what do you want with it, old friend? Curiosity, Revenge...what?"

Secret File --- Codename: Hypothetical World of La Giers was the name. Morpheus said nothing, merely nodding, not dignifying Ishikawa's taunts with a response. His gaze behind sunglasses, however, was even and levelled at Ishikawa, demanding.

"...I honor my debts, old friend. Fine. Go to Hokkaido --- a Portal will be waiting for you there, and as soon as the Strike Team brings my Portal Frequency Analyzer back from what it's read of the Psybuster, you'll be able to get to La Giers using it." Ishikawa paused. "Do bring something back for me if you can, I'd hate to be proven wrong to Lady Sterling---"

Ishikawa turned around again only to find that Morpheus had disappeared.
Last edited by Cybaster on Wed Sep 10, 2008 10:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Don't throw the baton, you jacka**!!!