Chapter 12: Repair and Recovery (Earth)

Where old RPGs go when they die and move on to the afterlife.
Wingnut

Chapter 12: Repair and Recovery (Earth)

- Wingnut -

"Well, that answers only one question, Kirie, and makes me also wonder if she'll try the same thing again as the suit she came in with is damaged."
Last edited by Wingnut on Sat Nov 15, 2008 12:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
hellbore

-Hellbore-

Seeing all enemy units retreat, Hellbore moved from his position over the Ceres and returned to the hanger. Returning the Freedom to it usual place, Hellbore popped open the cockpit and as the chair rose up climbed out and stood on the Gundams shoulder.

He looked around and saw he other members of the team either crowding around the damaged GN-X Strike had brought in. Deciding to see what was all the drama was about, he climbed down from the Freedom and wandered over to the legless machine.

He arrived in time to hear Kirie explain who the mystery pilot was. Hearing she was a thief clicked a few thing in his head. "So," he ventured, "she the one who took the Zero earlier on. This should be interesting."

-Jacob and Sara-

Just after the Freedom entered the hanger it was followed by Sara in the Wildfalken. Seeing that Jacob wasn't following her she sent him a message over the radio. "Jacob, why aren't you landing?"

"Because, Sara, that would be rude to the captain of the Ceres and it breaks all kinds of protocol."

Opening a channel to the bridge on the standard DC channels to include Sara, Jacob said, "Captain Ryker, this is Captain Jacob Fakin of the Divine Crudaders. Requesting permission to board the Ceres."
Wingnut

- Ryker -

"Permission granted. We were expectiong you to arrive soon anyway." was Ryker's response.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
SNT1

--Slug--
--Rachel--
--The remaining Duskraiders--

--Antonio--

Despite the dejected atmosphere or team, the crew still had time to chat on the way back to Tokyo. Tokyo? Why yes. Antonio has some ...'news' that he personally wants to show this brave team.

"Ha-ha, it's a flying torso!" Slug comments at the badly-beaten Duskraider Three unit, which, by all accounts, should be grateful that she's alive. And yes, it's a cockpit block with wings attached. "Heeey!" She growls in embarrassment.

"That wasn't too bad," Slug finally breaks the ice regarding the mission. And to be quite honest, it really wasn't. It was clear that the enemies are superior units---to the point that they couldn't even fire back because they're too busy evading---but most of them is alive. Condolences to D6, but D4 should have survived under the sea as it didn't take massive damage as it fell to the sea. Yes, the mission was a failure, but they did see some interesting weaknesses. "I don't think they thought they'd be that close to losing the ship."

"Yeah, not too bad," Rachel replies. It was her first comment since the retreat as she continues, "We actually did pretty well. I think we could have won if we had your buddy's Zeta Plus units come over, though, haha"

"Damn," Slug facepalms at that possibility---it could very well have changed the tides.

~~~~~~

After they've all landed in Tokyo, they were met with cheering reactions from the ground---as if they won a major battle! "Wha..." Slug mentions as he opens his cockpit. He could hear the comments, in Japanese accents: "Go Duskraiders!" "Go Dasukoreidaaa!!!" "Go show Ceres no one deserts without a strong response!"

As Slug walks towards Antonio, Antonio gives a thumbs up.

"How did it go, friend? Well, I knew what happened, but, how did it go?" Antonio says.

"Hmm, the CX2... it's not so hot for one-on-one. Might have to nerf my unit back to CX1," Slug replies.

"Whaaaa? You're kidding right? More power? More stability at high speeds? More high speed--" Antonio gets cut off by Slug as he look at the battle-torn ZetaPlus, with unreadable decals.

"Slow down chief," Slug calmly responds, "Notice what you've been saying. They're all high speed. Basically I'm good at hit and run missions, like when we bombed the Fandom bastards. But CX1 was superior for low-speed maneuvering."

"Oh..." Antonio could only muster, as Slug continues with more insightful observations, "But yeah, they expected me to take on Ceres units man, and they were targetting me, like they knew me, ahaha. But yeah dude, we gotta think outside the box, bigger engine isn't always the answer."

Antonio lets out a twisted grin at that comment, prompting Slug to say, "what?" Antonio only beckons, and now his wife was visible, also clearly excited. They took a 10-minute walk through the hangars, then down to the dark unlit Hangar. Slug's heart was already beating as he saw silhouettes.

Antonio turns the switch, and sees, not one, but two, relatively gigantic mobile weapons, a MS and a MA to be exact, with a third hangar slot with a whole neat stack of booster parts! "Uhhh." Slug could only drool in excitement and curiosity.

"NEW SIDEWINDER PROJECTS BABY!" Antonio exclaims. "I love overkill man, but these guys... they OWN! And YOU, my friend, are piloting one of THESE! You choose man, choose your DESTINY!" Antonio says like a rich grandpa buying a toy for his little grandson.

Slug could only zone out, as he mutters a barely understandable phrase, "YouknwIdunpilotMAs"

"It's transformable yo," Antonio mentions, "but it's too f###ing big that it would top over in case of an 8.5 here in Japan! It could stand anywhere else in the world, ahaha,"

And so there it was. Gundam Mk-V, Ex-S Gundam, and optional booster parts.

"Whoa." Slug's entire reaction says it all.
Last edited by SNT1 on Sat Nov 15, 2008 1:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
Cybaster

-Light Warriors-

By now, all four Light Warriors had gathered around the group and were blinking quizzically at Wingnut and Xiu --- Black Mage, in particular, was blinking a lot at Masamune's new 'plaything', the Monoeye Gundam known as the Sisquiede. Masamune's head looked up and down, analyzing Xiu, his gaze finding her at first glance rather unimpressive. Masamune crossed his arms, turning to Kirie. "So this is a ninja?" Masamune asked sardonically. "Hardly looks like she fits the bill."

Then Masamune frowned and glared at Xiu.

"...I would've killed you if Wingnut over here hadn't stopped me with that little stunt of yours. Don't ever tempt me to actually go through with it again."
Don't throw the baton, you jacka**!!!
The Big Zabowski

-Michael and Kitty-

Michael turned at the sound of commotion coming from the group gathered around the GN-X..only to be met with the looming form of the Sisquiede. His arm dropped off of Kitty's shoulder which caused her to look up at him inquisitively as he moved off toward the suit, off to the side of the others. His face was well hidden, all that could be made out of who he exactly was were standard issue Federal uniform BDU bottoms and Fed Boots. They came to a halt with a thick 'thud' near the Sisquiede.

"Wretched machine.. Why did he bring it back. Imbecile."

If he could spit, he'd lay a big wet loogie on the foot of the Sisquiede. Instead he fumed and leered over at Masamune as he got into another squabble between him, BM and Wingnut..with Xiu falling into the fray as well. He set his jaw, his teeth gleaming under his hood as he turned and headed toward the bridge. Kitty looked back over to him, the group, then back to Michael as she soon trudged along with him while heading toward the bridge to report to Ryker about the information gleaned form his encounter with Gehem.
TRANS AM!
Yes, it's a V8.
Yes, it was a Trans Am before there was "TRANS AM."
Yes, it's mine. 8)
hellbore

-Ceres-

"Thank you, sir"

Before entering the hanger Jacob sent a message to the transport he had left behind. "This is Captain Fakin, its safe to rendezvous with the Ceres."

"Understood captain, we'll b there shortly."

With that Jacob entered the hanger and took up a free space near the Falken. He climbed ou and was met by Sara, who looked almost ready to glomp him, but thankfully didn't. Besides, at 23, she was a bit old to glomp anyone.

"It's good to see you again Jacob," she said.

"Yeah, you too," he replied. He turned and indicated the gathering of the other pilots. "What's goin' on there, d'you think?"

"I'm not sure. Wanna find out."

Jacob gave a smile and nodded. They walked over to the gathering around Xiu and stood around at the back of the group.

~~~~

Some minutes later the transport, carrying extra Jacket armour and ammo for the Wild Wuerger, as well as other supplies, caught up with the Ceres and began to unload its stock.
Kylern

-Kylern-

After putting the crazed little Fandom pilot in his place the Astelion headed by to HQ. He had ran, but not destroyed the Advance GN-X but a victory none the less. But then again nobody had been around to see his feat of power which sucked for him. He wanted to prove his mettle but now he just had the option to return home to boredum.

But as he returned he noticed what at first seemed to be the Wing zero had returned to the island. though on closer look it was just the Wing Gundam but that stuck curiosity of course. Quickly he pulled up alongside of the new unit in the Astelion and stalled his Twin Tesla Drives.

"Hey if the defense force hasn't kicked you out then it seems your friendly. Follow me into a hangar bay." He pointed at a nearby hangar used by Natalia, Chris, and himself. Once he pointed down the prototype armored module headed down and landed. Upon reaching the ground the back opened up and Kylern started to get out still in his custom anti-G flight suit.

(reposting just in case someone missed my return)
When the books are written will we be on the right side of history?
Totally Awesome Random Robot RPG
Sume Gai

-Valhalla-
-Bridge-

the Ship was still a ways out from the Asian mainland. It would be at least morning before they could reach the beleaguered Ceres. The bridge crew was enjoy the relaxing journey when suddenly Sylvia spoke up.

"sir I know our unit is listed as the 23rd Independent Operations Unit but does our team have an actual name?"

Hallen Considered this question shortly

"no we never had time to file for a unit name so how about we call our unit..."

Hallen then dramatically Points and declares

"THE GUTSY GUNDAM GUARD!!!!"

silence followed his declaration...

Federation Gibraltar Base

Clare entered the briefing room to find most of her fellow team members already there. The Orange haired commander was standing silently and coolly in the corner. Two others, the Silent one with Silver hair and hazel eyes and the friendly one with Black hair and Green eyes, were at the Rectangular table Jason sitting while the Hal stood on the opposite side clearly those two had been talking before hand.

"Hey Clare" Hal spoke up turning and raising his hand in a wave. Clare responded quickly with a question "so what's this about and where's Jenn?"

Claus opened his eyes revealing their blue color before responding. "I can't say till we're all here and I'm sure Jenn'll be along soon enough after all she is usually late any who."

-Exercise room-

The discussed person was currently Lifting bar weights in one of the several communal workout rooms her vibrant red hair easily distinguishing her.

"98...99...100"

She set the heavy weight down and looked up; a clock hanging on the wall informed her of the time.

"Crap!!"

Between a shower and changing Jennefer would most certainly be late as usual.
"If You are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve" -Captain Harlock

"I like the SAGA. Its what Rambo would pilot if he was in Gundam 00" -Kylern
Lowind

-Lowind-

"Ah welcome back, Sir. How was the vacation?"

"Hong Kong was quite fun. Heard that there was a bit of a commotion on the outskirts, but I guess i missed it. So? You guys thought of any way to upgrade this guy?" Lowind took a glance at the Epyon, noting it was repainted to the original dark red.

"Regarding that, sir." the tech said putting on a serious tone. "Your mobile suit remains the only unit equipped with both a conventional reactor and a GN-Drive. Which one do you plan on removing?"

"Huh? Why do I need to remove a reactor? Please elaborate."

(OOC: Going into asspull mode, please voice any objections)

"GN-Drives are activated by a relatively small electrical current, usually provided by a backup battery in typical GN units. Your unit is no exception. But in an event of failure, it is all too likely that the GN Epyon's main reactor gets directly connected to the GN-T Drive. Such an event would cause the Drive to go into overload, and inevitably destroy the entire unit. We have no idea what kind of disaster would ensue with the destruction. Though we estimate the resultant force in this case could be anywhere from that to comparable to a small nuclear explosion."

"Sounds like a pretty awesome way to die. Hmm. Then let me ask you: between the overload and the destruction, will the peformance of the rest of the unit be negatively affected?"

"We can't be sure, but we doubt so. In fact it is more likely the Epyon's GN components will go into a state similar to or even more dangerous than TRANS-AM, but it will be self destructive as the unit isn't supposed to work like this, unlike the original GN Gundams. Sir, what are you thinking?"

"Which is where the Gundanium armor comes in. So the only problem would be myself during that time. Wow. Performance boost before dying. I like it. Find the way to have a controlled connection between the two drives. I would prefer if you could also find a way to stop the GN-T once it goes into overdrive, but it is fine if you can't."

"Wha-? Haven't you listened to me?"

"Yes I did. Thanks for suggesting such a wonderful upgrade. Now get to it. And yes, please remove the useless shield from the left arm. Install a waist hoister on it or something to keep the pistol." Lowind then left the hangar, noting several blank stares pointed at him.
Strike Zero

((I have learned today that Wingnut's jokes are not funny. Reading that part of his post nearly gave me a heart attack.))

- Xiu -

"Fighter-boy over there has got it right," Xiu said jabbing a finger at Kirie once he had finished the introductions for her. "I'm the Great Xing Xiu, the greatest theif to ever roam the streets and back-alleys of Hong Kong!"

"However, my reputation is limited only to those who live in the said city, it seems. Stealing a Gundam was sure to make my name known far and wide as the greatest theif who ever lived!"

"Unfortunately.... that didn't go so well. Heh heh. ^^;"

It was then that a rather angry individual stepped forward and began to look her over. "So this is a ninja?" he said. "Hardly looks like she fits the bill. I would've killed you if Wingnut over here hadn't stopped me with that little stunt of yours. Don't ever tempt me to actually go through with it again."

o_o "Uh... okay..." Xiu said before turning to face another direction. Scaaaary.

"Anyway... I don't intend on trying to steal another Gundam, so you don't have to worry about that For now, at least. Really... the reason that I decided to come back here is simple." She stood up and flourished her left arm in a grandiose gesture.

"I'm gonna join your team! ^^"
Thundermuffin wrote:SETSUNA: There is no Tomino in this world.
Omega

-Zaine-

weird... He thought for a moment before letting out a comment. "For some odd reason... those two scare me." he then turned to Tallis. "Um... you won't be busy for a little while, will you? I kinda need to talk to you about something..."
Nero

-Rena-

"Hey, if the defense force hasn't kicked you out yet, then it seems you're friendly. Follow me into a hangar bay. The words made her jump and think there was omeone behind her. As such, she whirled around, wanting to slap somebody... but her hand met only air. Rena then saw the Astelion land nearby and went to greet the pilot. "I owe you for something..." When the pilot reached the ground, His face would meet Rena's palm. Once that ends, she'd move her machine into the Hangar the Astelion pointed out.
"But I do know that Sparda had a heart, a heart that could love another person, a human. And that is what you lack!" ― Nero
Kylern

-Kylern-

He didn't expect that the second pilot would try to smack him but too bad for her he stepped back just out of her reach. Besides you couldn't see his face anyways due to the blacked out helmet that covered his entire head.

"You know its not cool to strike your superiour. Your lucky I'm in a good mood." With that his helmet retracted back revealing his face. "Now unless you want to try that again lets act civilized. I'm DC pilot of the Astelion. You are?" He was curious of her name and why she was here. Also why she tried to hit him would be good too.
Nero

-Rena-

After hearing his explanation, she felt he was likely curious why she nearly slapped him. "If you're curious, you startled me was the reason for the slap attempt... And I'm Rena, Rena Lanford." after she took a moment to calm down, she did a polite curtsy. "And you are...?" When she finally saw his face, she blushed slightly.
Last edited by Nero on Sat Nov 15, 2008 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"But I do know that Sparda had a heart, a heart that could love another person, a human. And that is what you lack!" ― Nero
Kylern

Kylern just stared blankly as the girl claimed he startled her. Was she simple or something? And what was with asking who he was after he was the first to give his name. His first impressions were that she had hit her head or something and was just retarded... That was mean actually.

"I already gave you my name before I asked for yours." He noticed her trying to be polite but he was irritated with her trying to slap him and then act like it was nothing.
Nero

-Rena-

"Oh... I'm sorry I tried to hit you..." Her face reddened as she thought back at that. rather than simply explain that she was outside her mech, she let her head lean forward, indicating she felt guilty over that. "...All I know about you is that you're the DC pilot for this machine." She motioned toward the Astelion. "You didn't tell me you're name..."
Kylern

"Its over anyways..." Kylern started realizing she did seemed honestly sorry. He gave a sigh and decided to try to repair his previous remarks. He didn't want to seem like a jerk to her which he probably looked about now.

"I'm not angry anymore Rena. If I was then I wouldn't be Kylern." He tried to lighten the mood a little by laughing. That was until someone else showed up on the scene.
Nero

-Rena-

*giggle* "No problem!" While he did seem like a jerk, at least he wasn't staring at her ears. "The... fact that I... look like an elf doesn't bug you, does it?" To insinuate what she meant, she gently touched her pointed ears.
Kylern

"I don't think anything can disturb me anymore... I've seen everything since coming to this dimension." That was true... Yeah it was odd but then again Gai had pointed ears now as well. But while Gai was a cyborg thing from some series he never watched back home.

"But out of curosity what happened to you to get such results?" He figured she had been genetically altered by someone with an elvish fetish.