Mobile Suit Gundam SEED: Double Helix Discussion thread.

Where old RPGs go when they die and move on to the afterlife.
Sume Gai

SNT1 wrote:^Gives some idea, clones ARE present in CE ya' know XD
makes you wonder if they are clones who's the clone of who and why in heavens name would you randomly clone the most average guy you can find.
Recon 5

Basically with the exception of my ill- fated G Gundam character I normally try to keep my character at the 'midline'- that is, not trying to outstandingly cool or outstandingly pathetic. John is a typical example of the type of character I play in other RPGs when everyone else takes planet busting superbeings or spineless amputees who literally have to be carried around. Its just that I didn't check the profiles for any existing average joes because, well, they aren't that common in RP boards.

So I ask again: does John need to change for that particular reason?
Yay for functional signatures!

THE OFFICIAL SAJI FANCLUB. PLEASE POST YOUR SAJI SPECULATIONS HERE
Ascension

Kavik Ryx wrote:Oh great. Give me another incentive to beat Atlas to a pulp when when the time comes around.
Want me to retcon Briana Waters into Ayn Rand?
Don't call it a comeback...
...in fact, it's best if you forget I was ever here before.
ORegan

Ascension wrote:
Kavik Ryx wrote:Oh great. Give me another incentive to beat Atlas to a pulp when when the time comes around.
Yes I do

Also, can the Atlas ships have cotton candy machines? You need to have your mental terrorist group hyped up on enough sugar to have them gun down a school of young children.
mcred23 wrote: Well... it's official: O'Regan is the next Hitler.
WhiteWingDemon wrote: Not to start anything, seeing as that is O'Regan's job...
ShadowCell wrote: O'Regan, quit hitting on other users.
Orrick Alexander wrote: Did anyone know that O'Regan is the reason there's no air in space?
Sume Gai

ORegan wrote:
Ascension wrote:
Yes I do

Also, can the Atlas ships have cotton candy machines? You need to have your mental terrorist group hyped up on enough sugar to have them gun down a school of young children.
Damn it, all we EAF guys get is some of this delicious and moist cake.
ORegan

cake isn't as sugary as fluffy sugar :P
Orrick Alexander wrote: Did anyone know that O'Regan is the reason there's no air in space?
Recon 5

The cake is a (Blue Cosmos) lie :wink: .
Yay for functional signatures!

THE OFFICIAL SAJI FANCLUB. PLEASE POST YOUR SAJI SPECULATIONS HERE
Destroy Gundam

I always thought that GLaDOS sounded kinda like a ZAFT mobile suit.

To make this post a litte more serious, how will ZAFT handle the MS teams? Will the green coats follow the red coat they're grouped with? And will this change once OMNI and ZAFT team up to stop Atlas?

For example:

ZGMF-601R GuAIZ R- Darius Raines ( R ) [The Big Zabowski]
ZGMF-601R GuAIZ R-Marcus Caseon [Destroy Gundam]
ZGMF-601R GuAIZ R- Adam Trask [hellbore]

Will Marcus and Adam take their orders from Darius, who in turn takes his orders from Shema?
REGENE: (Grins) Any last words, Buuuuur-ing?
(Bring just grits his teeth and the Garazzo’s escape pod breaks off from its main body, flying straight up.)
REGENE: (Shakes head) Right then. Forgot we don’t talk on Planet You.
The Big Zabowski

More or less on the money, because the Le Cruset team was a large exception with them being made entirely of redcoats.

Think of Darius as a dumbshit lieutenant of Shema. The kind that you just want to beat over the head with your MS' fist but can't do a damned thing about it because he IS a redcoat..

And then Shema will just put him in his place and lulz will ensue.

Sounds a bit like Patrick and Katie, right? Thought so. That was the point. ^^
TRANS AM!
Yes, it's a V8.
Yes, it was a Trans Am before there was "TRANS AM."
Yes, it's mine. 8)
Gambit01

I'M FREE!!!! FREE FREE FREE FREE FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*Ahem* What I mean to say is my finals are done. :wink:
I mean when you spend precious seconds to give an "All Your Nukes Are Belong To Us" speech before you even start the Gundam up, you know you're too overzealous for your own good.~wza
Cardi Doorl

Now I see my future Coalition counterpart, which Shema will doubtlessly regard as a mere auxiliary foisted upon her :P

-

Also, my understanding of ZAFT - I could be wrong here, since CE generally isn't my bag - is that redcoat/greencoat does not denote rank at all; that the redcoat merely means you graduated among the top 20 in your class and doesn't necessarily confer any additional authority (though it no doubt confers respect).
Ziryab wrote:My knowledge of the SEED universe is severely lacking but I don't suppose there'd be room for something like a helmsman (wacky I know =P)? Otherwise I'll see what I can come up with for a pilot. Or reuse a profile.
My personal suggestion, if you wanna go the helmsman route, is to be one for Atlas. They're gonna be the fugitives-on-the-run, oh-ZOINKS-it's-the-cops types, their ships have illegal cloaking abilities, and they're overall gonna have a complete disregard (for practical reasons, considering their potentially desperate position) for doing things conventionally, so I figure running a helm for them could prove wild if you make a character bold enough for it.
RPG TRINARY: Gaia
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: Cardi Doorl

Make sure to check out the RPG section!
Ascension

Cardi Doorl wrote:My personal suggestion, if you wanna go the helmsman route, is to be one for Atlas. They're gonna be the fugitives-on-the-run, oh-ZOINKS-it's-the-cops types, their ships have illegal cloaking abilities, and they're overall gonna have a complete disregard (for practical reasons, considering their potentially desperate position) for doing things conventionally, so I figure running a helm for them could prove wild if you make a character bold enough for it.
Think bootlegger turn in an invisible battleship. Yeah, could be fun.

Speaking of which, we need to do a silent running submarine-movie homage at some point. Even though it makes no sense in space.

EDIT 1: I'm sorry if it's rather evident I'm trying to have fun with this. Apologies to any for whom CE is srs bsns.

EDIT 2: Gambit! Males without string instruments! I'm disappointed in you! :P That ruins the Coalition-Atlas three way fiddle battle!
Don't call it a comeback...
...in fact, it's best if you forget I was ever here before.
Gambit01

Oh fine, I'll edit my bio just for you, Ascension! :P
I mean when you spend precious seconds to give an "All Your Nukes Are Belong To Us" speech before you even start the Gundam up, you know you're too overzealous for your own good.~wza
Kavik Ryx

As a coalition member, I volunteer for that. The moment I read Briana Water's profile included skill with the fiddle, I got interested for character and plot purposes.
Gambit01

Too late, my character now has the power of the cello! See, it's stringy, but bigger than either of your characters instruments! :P
SNT1

AH, all the major characters are here. Let's roll? :?:

And I hope this RPG is open applications :wink:
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
ORegan

Gambit01 wrote:Too late, my character now has the power of the cello! See, it's stringy, but bigger than either of your characters instruments! :P
Is he compensating for his shortcomings? :p
Gambit01

Yeah, his inability to not laugh when he hears Jack Daniels' name :P
ORegan

he's just jealous that his name isn't as awesome....now I'm thinking about making Jack's rival. Buddy Weiser :lol:
Fritz Ashlyn

his graying tan hair and dull brown eyes are not so flattering, though they do give him a distinguished air about him. Over his military uniform he often wears a shawl, and instead of regulation boots he wears a pair of bunny slippers. ...he wears Ben Franklin glasses to aid his failing eye-sight.
Jeez, man, is this guy 41 or 71?

I guess it might be fun to have Master Roshi as a superior.
TftF Wiki
TftF One Shots
RPG Trinary: Ortega
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: Fritz Ashlyn

Hey! why don't you swing on down to the RPG section? Tales from the Frontlines: The AEUG running strong since 2006!